• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

• rudi must stay

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The whole team ‘look’ better when Naismith is there to hold their hand. Naismith has carried us to 6th place in the league. If he wasn’t here, i’d dread to think where we would have finished this season.

Lee can’t run, turns like an Oil Tanker, can’t tackle, can’t pass forward, can’t beat a man, takes about 3 touches to control a ball. The boy is pap. Every bit an English division 4 player.

I like Olly Lee, he can do all of the above, but I reckon he has confidence problems and we can improve on him and probably have to

Another player where the shirt and the club is too big for him

Footballfirst

Other clubs releasing players. None look appealing even as squad players

Barry Anderson @BarryAnderson_ 2m2 minutes ago

Dundee United have released Morgaro Gomis, Fraser Fyvie and Aidan Nesbitt with immediate effect.

Dunfermline have released the following players: Robbie Muirhead, Mark Durnan, Lee Robinson, Sean Murdoch, Ryan Williamson, Kallum Higginbotham, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Brandon Luke.

Weonly151

To start with we need a new management team then we can think about players. Hopefully after the final it gets sorted pretty fast so we don't miss out on players. Here's my view of what I would like.

Id bin Doyle and go for Lism Kelly from Livvy, him an Bobby to contest for No1. If not then Craig Gordon or David Marshall 

RB and CD are fine and if I'm honest I'm still worried about LB Garrucio is out till next year and White is a massive risk. I'd like to go for Luke Leahy from Walsall  or Stephen Hendrie from Southend

RM I'd go for Chris Cadden and LM Milinkovic or Gary Makay Steven

CM get rid of Djoum,Lee and Edwards, this is and has been our problem position for ages I'd like to see some quality in here. 

Greg Docherty from Rangers, Lewis McLeod or Craig Bryson maybe.

ST hopefully we get Naisy signed up and I'd give Vanacek a chance after a good pre season. But we still need a poacher, would Shankland from Ayr be too much a gamble, should we try and poach McNulty from Hibs or is there any other gems out there.  Kieran Agard from MK Dons, but wages may be an issue

The Internet
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Other clubs releasing players. None look appealing even as squad players

Barry Anderson @BarryAnderson_ 2m2 minutes ago

Dundee United have released Morgaro Gomis, Fraser Fyvie and Aidan Nesbitt with immediate effect.

Dunfermline have released the following players: Robbie Muirhead, Mark Durnan, Lee Robinson, Sean Murdoch, Ryan Williamson, Kallum Higginbotham, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Brandon Luke.

Wouldn't expect a group of lads released by 2 championship clubs to be too appealing tbf :lol: although aidan connolly looked a decent wee player at Dundee utd a few years back. Hasn't quite worked out for him. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Wouldn't expect a group of lads released by 2 championship clubs to be too appealing tbf :lol: although aidan connolly looked a decent wee player at Dundee utd a few years back. Hasn't quite worked out for him. 

You can get the odd half decent player released by Championship sides, if they are forced release some of their better players in order to cut their wage bill because of an extended stay in a lower league. I agree about Connolly though. He's still only 23.

Pans Jambo
3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Lee was a different player when Naismith was fit.  They could play off each other which gave Lee the confidence to carry the ball forward.  With better forwards he is definitely worth keeping especially adding in his dead ball skills.  

Skills like not even getting the ball past the first man when taking a corner. No thanks. 

soonbe110

McNulty is the one I think we should be after. Him up front with any combo of Uche, Naismith, McLean would give us the goal threat we currently don’t possess. 

soonbe110
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's still got three years left at Reading doesn't he? 

They paid £1.2 million for him. They're not going to write that off. They'd want as near as dammit to their investment back, should they decide to bin him. No-one up here outside of Celtic, will pay £1million upfront for him.

They don’t want him. He has been told to find another club. Unfortunately quite a few interested as well as Hibs. £1.2m next to nothing for Championship side. We could maybe get him on season long loan for about £250-300k loan fee because he wants back to Scotland. 

Naisysback
On 01/04/2019 at 21:08, Cruyff Turn said:

Goalies 3

Bobby Zlamal, New Keeper, Kelby Mason

Right Back 3

Michael Smith, Jamie Brandon, Marcus Godinho

Left Back 3

Ben Garuccio, New Left Back, Aaron Hickey

Centerhalf 5

Christophe Berra, John Souttar, Craig Halkett, Clevid Dikamona, Chris Hamilton

Central Mids 8

Arnaud Djoum, Peter Haring, Sean Clare, Harry Cochrane, 2 x New Central Midfielders, Andy Irving, Connor Smith

Wingers 5

Jake Mulraney, Calumn Morrison, New Winger, Dario Zanatta, Anthony McDonald

Forwards 6

Uche Ikpeazu, Stevie Naismith, David Vanecek, Aidan Keena, Craig Wighton, New Forward

3 in each position, squad of 33. 

McDonald is not a winget, he is an attacking midfielder a huge difference. Levein wants wide players to throw balls into the box and hope Uche gets on the end of them, didnt work this year, wont work next. McDonald and Cochrane are ball players, they want the ball, they want to pass, they want to go forward but the current style doesnt suit either of them. Will the style change, not a chance, so these boys need to be playing every week, already had this season stolen from them. CL said last season he expected big things from both boys, never gave them a sniff, and harry only playing because of injury and to rest some for the cup final.

If more new players brought in, their development stalls again, same applies for Connor Smith, Andy Irving, Chris Hamilton and more.

soonbe110
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

You reckon we've got that lying around for one player? When we need about 5 others?

If Hibs have to pay a season long loan...they've no got the money either, I'd wager. Heckingbottom will have his own English players he'll be bringing in. At cheaper cost than McNulty. 

Not saying he's not viable as a target. Just unrealistic, imo, for both. As you say, a Championship side in the top 10 could shit that amount.

The loan fee is all you pay, parent club pays salary. £250-300k pa is roughly what we would pay in salary and Nat ins etc for a top player, £4-5k per week. Easily affordable. How do you think we are paying for Naismith at the moment? 

Championship clubs in the top ten are rare in Scotland. 

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

McDonald is not a winget, he is an attacking midfielder a huge difference. Levein wants wide players to throw balls into the box and hope Uche gets on the end of them, didnt work this year, wont work next. McDonald and Cochrane are ball players, they want the ball, they want to pass, they want to go forward but the current style doesnt suit either of them. Will the style change, not a chance, so these boys need to be playing every week, already had this season stolen from them. CL said last season he expected big things from both boys, never gave them a sniff, and harry only playing because of injury and to rest some for the cup final.

If more new players brought in, their development stalls again, same applies for Connor Smith, Andy Irving, Chris Hamilton and more.

Agree. Although i’d change that squad that I posted previously.

We need to punt a lot of players that are not producing and won’t. That’ll make room in the squad for the Academy players. We need a more elite group of senior players that will allow us to throw these lads in.

Whether that’ll happen, I doubt it but we will see. 

soonbe110
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

I mis-read the loan fee part, sorry. Reading are not going to subsidise another year long loan though. It's financial madness for them.

Gomes is on record, saying they want player's out, yes. But they're not giving them away. They need money in the club. Hibs, I doubt have paid 4-5k a week for a player out of their own pockets in about a decade.

If we think Naismith is worth 4-5k a week(still too much) then why we should consider McNulty on a similar banding (250-300k loan fee)...I'm just not with it. 

There will be umpteen player's available come summer. I hope our net is cast wider than him.

Maybe if we sell Souttar, it might make more financial sense for us to be paying 200-300k on getting someone in. The Wighton fee & how he's worked out so far, should caution Hearts' due diligence.

If it’s the only way they get something for him they will go for the season long loan. As always players hold the trump cards. He has a three year deal, they don’t want him, he wants back up here, they have to make him an offer. Season long loan at Hearts or Hibs gets a chunk of their money back. 

Suspect we have a few players already on £4K+ per week. Naismith will add to that as will the ones we sign this summer. Hibs offered both McGinn and McGeouch more than £4K per week to stay. You would be surprised at the money that’s offered. I heard a story at the weekend that one of our players has been offered £6k per week by another Scottish club (not the OF) Do I believe it? No, but I would believe £4-5k. 

Dennis Law
On 01/04/2019 at 16:18, ToqueJambo said:

Assuming everyone in the current first team stays we only need a winger and creative midfielder. Maybe a striker and left back depending on injuries and decisions around garrucio, mclean and vanacek in summer.

It’s great we can focus on filling 2

or 3 key positions now instead of another squad overhaul.

Take it you haven’t been to many games this season? The current crop are rank rotten the only ones I would keep 

zamal Smith soapy haring Berra ( after a summer break) uche Naismith dikomma plus all the u21s the rest should go simply not good enough

soonbe110
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Aberdeen for Djoum? I can believe Aberdeen's stupidity, yes. 

They'll be getting rid of May, Shinnie, probably GMS, & that dud they signed for 300k in the summer. Amongst others. Think they'll be going as moneyball as we have these last few years. Hit the odd nugget in a mine of shit. Aberdeen's going to be tested this summer.

If they want Djoum(as a Shinnie-type replacement) good luck to them. 

Family want back to Belgium if they leave Edinburgh so knocked them back for now. 

soonbe110
Just now, Barack said:

Never quite did get that stepping-stone.

Unless he's off to Brugges, Liege or Anderlecht I suppose, if his agent secures him a Belgian move.

Agent scouring Belgian top league clubs for best deal. 

28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agent scouring Belgian top league clubs for best deal. 

:D Arnaud seriously suffers delusions of grandeur. He does realise to get a move to a top club you have to play like a top player consistently not just when you feel like it?

Liam Burt is getting released from the huns. Apparently quite highly rated at one point. Worth a look?

Edited by OTT

Bazzas right boot

I'd like us to go full pelt in the loan market. 

Get 3/4 players that are a level above. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

letsalldothebeattie

A first choice goalkeeper. Nothing against Zlamal or Doyle but neither are strong enough for first choice. 

A left back which we’ve been badly lacking for a couple of years now

2 out and out wingers with pace and the ability to cross a ball

At least 1 creative central midfielder 

A striker to play alongside Uche. Whether that’s Naisy or someone else but we badly need a striker to bag goals consistently 

If we sign 4/5 quality creative players who have pace, goals and assists in them then I’ll be happy. Problem is, realistically if these players have all these things then I very much doubt they will be available, or if they are a free agent then bigger clubs will be after them. 

I think we we need to target a couple of big signings like a Bryson/Adam who will guarantee you quality. The other players we sign are going to be a gamble as there’s no way we are going to be able to attract players who are tried and tested and will guarantee us all the things we are after. 

We proved by our run at the start of the season that we are not far away. The problem is though without Naismith, you look at our team and you just can’t see where the goals are coming from. We don’t have players who create in terms of assists or score goals. I know we need centre mids with energy, creativity and quality but add in two wingers who reach double figures with assists and goals and a goal scoring striker who will score 15-20 league goals I’m confident we will be more than good enough to finish 3rd assuming rangers and Celtic pull away. 

Easy to say on paper, I just hope the ‘gamble’ signings pay off. Will be another interesting summer ...

Jambof3tornado

4 or 5 starters needed.

I hope we know already whether naisy is coming or going, as it impacts the type of players we will need.

Think we can do better than both of our keepers.

Another summer rebuild, who'd have thought it?!?

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Loans?

Look at the 5-1 game then rethink that

:thumbsup:

I don't want us to sign anyone until we know who the new manager is. I wouldn't be too upset if we hardly signed anyone and just let the new manager assess what he's got first. 

Squad next season if I had my way:

GK - Gordon, Zlamal, Mason

RB - Smith, Godinho, Brandon

CB - Berra, Souttar, Halkett, Dikamona

LB - Wallace, White, Garuccio, Burns

CDM - Haring, Bozanic

CM - Bryson, Adam, Cochrane

CAM - Clare, Edwards, Walker

RM - Morrison, McDonald, Milinkovic

LM - Mulraney

ST - Uche, Lafferty, Mclean, Vanecek, Keena, Zeefuik

Was reading the huns forum and they want rid of Lafferty, assuming they reach a settlement for him  I think he would be a good signing. High maintenance but would score and give us a goal threat in the big games. 

I've already said and folk don't agree, however, I think investing in Zeefuik is a no brainer, best finisher we've seen at Tynie in many a year. A zero risk signing since he needs us more than we need him. We'd be in the driver seat negotiation wise.

Bryson and Adam have already been discussed at length. Wallace is a known quantity and probably needed given how long Garuccio will be out for and White being unknown. 

Walker we've all had our piece on. Would improve us. 

Milinkovic on loan if we could manage something would be excellent. 

Gordon is better than Bobby. 

13 minutes ago, OTT said:

CDM - Haring, Bozanic

LM - Mulraney

Was reading the huns forum and they want rid of Lafferty, assuming they reach a settlement for him  I think he would be a good signing. High maintenance but would score and give us a goal threat in the big games. 

I've already said and folk don't agree, however, I think investing in Zeefuik is a no brainer, best finisher we've seen at Tynie in many a year. A zero risk signing since he needs us more than we need him. We'd be in the driver seat negotiation wise.

Bryson and Adam have already been discussed at length. Wallace is a known quantity and probably needed given how long Garuccio will be out for and White being unknown. 

If it was walking football they'd piss the league. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Loans?

Look at the 5-1 game then rethink that

:thumbsup:

Think Naismith, then rethink that. 

The Internet
8 hours ago, OTT said:

CDM - Haring, Bozanic

LM - Mulraney

Not enough ex hearts players in there imo. 

Lafferty yes.  But possibly on a game by game basis.  Wallace, maybe.  Zeefuik, no.

Pocketjambo

Former Celtic striker Gary Hooper up on a free could do a job ? Scored a few goals in the spl only 31

Edited by Pocketjambo

Jamboscanbevicius

I see it’s being reported that Derby have offered Bryson a new contract. And interest from Kilmarnock and Hibs. No mention of us. Unless he’s desperate to get back up to Scotland, it’s difficult to imagine him turning Derby down though.

grumpyespana

I think we deffo need a actual goal scorer  as we lack that cutting edge, so in Scotland who do we have maybe Shankland ( 22yrs ) and Dobbie ( 36yrs ) there must be goal scorers in the lower leagues in England as well.

Hampden Demolition

Zlamal

new Gk

Smith

Brandon

Berra

Halkett

Dikamona

Souttar

New Cb

Garuccio

White

Cochrane

Clare

Lee

Haring

Djoum or new cm

new attacking cm

McDonald

Mulraney

new winger

new winger

Naismith

Uche

Keena

new striker with proven record.

that gives us a strong 25 man squad that should be good enough to compete.

Bin

Doyle, Wighton, Hughes, Maclean, Edwards, Godinho, Vanecek, Martin, Currie, Moore, Sammon, Zanatta, Bozanic.

loan out

Burns, Morrison, Henderson.

Sign,

GK, CB, CM (if Djoum goes), CAM, Winger x2, CF.

the biggest thing is the players that come in need to be good enough for the first team and not just there to make up the numbers. 

14 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I don't particularly like the loan market but sometimes needs must.....

CL says he needs 3 or 4 new players.  If we get a couple of real added value players signed permanently and a couple of decent loanees maybe that would be affordable.  There is a delicate balance to be had between overloading with loanees (as Hibs did in the 5-1 final) and bringing through our young players like Hickey, C Smith, McDonald, Irving and Cochrane.

It's going to be an interesting summer.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't particularly like the loan market but sometimes needs must.....

CL says he needs 3 or 4 new players.  If we get a couple of real added value players signed permanently and a couple of decent loanees maybe that would be affordable.  There is a delicate balance to be had between overloading with loanees (as Hibs did in the 5-1 final) and bringing through our young players like Hickey, C Smith, McDonald, Irving and Cochrane.

It's going to be an interesting summer.

I mean for better players than we can normally afford. 

Not just squad fillers. 

Skinny, Naismith and Dunne spring to mind. 

Rangers have a few high profile ones as do celtic. 

Get 3 man City young lads up or the likes. ?

3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I mean for better players than we can normally afford. 

Not just squad fillers. 

Skinny, Naismith and Dunne spring to mind. 

Rangers have a few high profile ones as do celtic. 

Get 3 man City young lads up or the likes. ?

Correct

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Zlamal

new Gk

Smith

Brandon

Berra

Halkett

Dikamona

Souttar

New Cb

Garuccio

White

Cochrane

Clare

Lee

Haring

Djoum or new cm

new attacking cm

McDonald

Mulraney

new winger

new winger

Naismith

Uche

Keena

new striker with proven record.

that gives us a strong 25 man squad that should be good enough to compete.

Bin

Doyle, Wighton, Hughes, Maclean, Edwards, Godinho, Vanecek, Martin, Currie, Moore, Sammon, Zanatta, Bozanic.

loan out

Burns, Morrison, Henderson.

Sign,

GK, CB, CM (if Djoum goes), CAM, Winger x2, CF.

the biggest thing is the players that come in need to be good enough for the first team and not just there to make up the numbers. 

What he said. 

I'd keep Maclean, low risk and handy as back up at this level. 

Maybe loan Wighton out as well. 

The key, as you say  is that the 3/4 players added need to make an impact , not in 2 months or 6 months. They need to have an impact from the off. 

15 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Expect that to be the model at Easter Road, their manager believes it is the way forward and did it at his previous club. 

Badly missing this man, get the feeling that by seeing his name mentioned on various threads shows he is still on a lot of people's minds and hasn't faded into memory like so many loan players do. 

3 minutes ago, main said:

Badly missing this man, get the feeling that by seeing his name mentioned on various threads shows he is still on a lot of people's minds and hasn't faded into memory like so many loan players do. 

Sadly his agent ballsed up his transfer. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Expect that to be the model at Easter Road, their manager believes it is the way forward and did it at his previous club. 

I think most teams are now tbh. 

It something we've just started to do and in modern football it should be utilised as much as possible. 

Celtic, rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs have all done it quite a bit. 

Aberdeen had that maddison and Christie, and they were thier best players. 

Hibs with Allan and mcnulty 

Rangers with Kent/ defoe. 

Us with Naismith. 

Celtic had the man City guy and eduard. 

Think its a good way of getting a couple of players that can lift you a level. 

I generally like attacking players on loan. 

ToadKiller Dog

Was told ages ago before new year from Dundee end that we were looking at Cammy Kerr  as he's out of contract at seasons end. 

Been one of the better players in a poor dee side. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

6 hours ago, main said:

Utterly wasted at Hull. Should be pushing to go out on loan. Getting him back for next season would be a big plus. Hugely effective player.

Jamboscanbevicius

David Marshall / Jordan Archer

Chris Cadden

Craig Bryson

Shane Ferguson

Lawrence Shankland

Conor Washington

Edited by Jamboscanbevicius

1874robbo
On 06/05/2019 at 18:35, soonbe110 said:

They don’t want him. He has been told to find another club. Unfortunately quite a few interested as well as Hibs. £1.2m next to nothing for Championship side. We could maybe get him on season long loan for about £250-300k loan fee because he wants back to Scotland. 

He’s on just shy of 10k a week!!

nobody outwith celtic and rangers up here can match that and that’s why he won’t even be at hibs next season.