Summer transfers

Agentjambo

Dalstonjambo
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

In short, it'll be all about what we can afford to invest in the future but we have to be able to compete with those two wage-wise on signing players at the very least. Whether that be with a new board in place to work alongside fan contribution we'll just have to wait and see, as the fans contributions may decrease due to the life reasons I suggested in the last post.  I'm sure she'll leave the club in a good position for potential investors and that's what we need long-term.

But what i am not grasping here is in your situation with no benefactor why won't we be able to compete? 

Our turnover is higher than Hibs' and will soon catch up with Aberdeen. So we will have the same budget as them at least. With no benefactor or no fan money.

The fan payments would be extra. Which would allow us to potentially pay more. They don't have benefactors. So why with the same income, and extra money from fans (no matter how much) would we not be able to match or pay more? 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

• rudi must stay

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Wonder if Fraser Forster could be a loan option?

3rd choice now at Southampton and i don't think he's played in over a year thanks to a poor run of form back then. 

In my eyes still a very good keeper though. 

It’s a good shout, might go back to Celtic as Gordon looks like he’s off and Bain just isn’t good enough.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

What wage restrictions do we have?

I think she will not wish the total wage bill to exceed manageable proportions but is there evidence to say we have a ceiling on the earnings of any individual?

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I think she will not wish the total wage bill to exceed manageable proportions, overall. The budget will be restricted to a certain amount, individually or otherwise.

What difference does this make in relation to Shinnie, or indeed any other incoming player?

If our AVERAGE wage is say £4k pw and Rangers offer Shinnie a max of say £7k pw, we could pay him £8k by removing 2 out-of-contract players from the wage bill and the overall budget will be £52k better off in a year.

Pasquale for King
On 02/04/2019 at 15:26, Uncle Buck said:

I like the idea of Shankland playing off Uche. Sure he would get goals.

What would he cost? £300k max?

He’s free to leave in the summer, I think a team down south might offer better terms than we can.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

1. You're using 'your' in the wrong context.

2. I'm not counting bodies. We have an experienced right back in Michael Smith and an experienced  left back in Aidy White. If both fully fit, we would have a very strong back four or five with Berra, Halkett and Souttar. We then have Hickey and Garuccio who are at different stages of development to become experienced left backs with both Godinho and Brandon developing as right backs. The only reason to add to these positions would be if Aidy White can't regain fitness or if Garuccio returns to Australia.

Or that Garuccio is out for a year?

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What difference does this make in relation to Shinnie, or indeed any other incoming player?

If our AVERAGE wage is say £4k pw and Rangers offer Shinnie a max of say £7k pw, we could pay him £8k by removing 2 out-of-contract players from the wage bill and the overall budget will be £52k better off in a year.

Too simple. 

If we pay Shinnie £8k, what would Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Djoum, Haring, Uche  amongst others all want?

Paying an exceptional wage, for say a Lafferty or a Naismith type can be justified. 

Caps, experience, current international, playing at a far higher level previously. 

For Shinnie, not so much. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a good shout, might go back to Celtic as Gordon looks like he’s off and Bain just isn’t good enough.

Bain will have a league winners medal. 

?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

fair assessment mate, I'd agree!

While I'd love GMS at us, I don't know why he'd want to jump from being consistently third to us! I know we are a bigger club than Aberdeen, I just wonder what his motivation would be. Either way I wait in hope as he'd be a great signing!

He would be but he’s another that’s injury prone and misses parts of every season. 

We might need to go down the loan route for creative players that are slightly out of our price range. 

29 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Too simple. 

If we pay Shinnie £8k, what would Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Djoum, Haring, Uche  amongst others all want?

Paying an exceptional wage, for say a Lafferty or a Naismith type can be justified. 

Caps, experience, current international, playing at a far higher level previously. 

For Shinnie, not so much. 

I agree but it was a "for instance" post to demonstrate nothing is impossible, even within a budget.

Our other players would negotiate better terms as their contracts come up for renewal.

Perhaps a six month loan for a left back to come in could suit us? Would bridge the gap to Garuccio being fit again and give us an insurance policy incase White struggles

The Comedian
11 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Would definatly sign this guy if he's in our price range. Looks a versatile and confident attacking player 

Like a wee budget Mahrez IMO. 

:levein_interesting:

Mr Elwood P
On 03/04/2019 at 18:07, jambobob61 said:

You now appear stupid.

Who cares if you have seen White, it would be prior to any injury. he is recovering you know!

Yes Smith is more than capable, I already agreed that.

The rest have yet to prove permanent/ reliable...........but with injuries you need cover.

So, once again, you are dealing with numbers not necessarily players! We need solid full backs!

But if we have two experienced players in every position we won't have the room to give the academy graduates an opportunity. Each position should have an experienced player with an academy understudy with more and more youth players coming through all the time.

In

Chris Cadden, Jimmy Dunne (loan), Lee Wallace, Craig Bryson, Chuks Aneke, Craig Gordon, Steven Naismith, Curtis Main

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Dunne

Cadden                                   Wallace

Haring Aneke

Bryson    

Uche Naismith 

Bench / squad players 

Zlamal

Smith, Dikamona, Berra

Brandon, Mulraney 

Cochrane, Bozinac, Lee, Clare

Keena, Main

I think we need to go for quality over quantity. Supplement the squad with Harry, Zannatta, Kenna, Burns etc.....I mean see them getting them more regular bits and pieces.

But I think we need a clear strategy and direction

Spoiler

I think we need substance in who we sign, rather than going out and securing another 11 players. 

Brandon, Burns, Cochrane, Godinho, McDonald, Mulraney, Keena and Morrison could all make a strong impact next season which should reduce how many we need. 

Gordon, Adam, Bryson and Lee Wallace, would all add personality and leadership which is what we need by the bucketload at the moment IMO. Wallace specifically will solve a problem position at LB. 

Craig Conway is 33, Chris Burke is 35. I think we could squeeze a decent season out of Conway which will give Mulraney competition and perhaps someone to learn from, Morrison too. 

We still might need an attacking midfielder.. I can't think of anyone? Adam I'm not sure is an outright attacking mid but honestly I can't remember..

In: (Naismith), Gordon, Adam, Bryson, L. Wallace, Conway,

Out: Djoum, Edwards, Doyle, Mitchell, Shaunessey, Lee, Bozanic

A potential line up next season of

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Berra

Smith                     Wallace

Haring Bryson

Adam

Uche Naismith

Would be very nice!

Edit: I wonder if we could get Cadden and swap to reduce the fee one of Godinho or Brandon? All 3 pretty much play the same position so having 3 plus Smith is ridiculous but Cadden would be an upgrade.

Edited by OTT

I like to read these threads to see what folk reckon would be good signings while ripping our  actual transfers..reading some of the posts about our players who started out poor and were slated only to be a hearts great shows that we are all flawed in what would work.

i genuinely would like a return to wingers of recent time like Suso or Driver but over the years we have really struggled across many different managers.

i just can’t pick out wingers within our budget that I could honestly say would be an improvement 

All those saying Cochrane and McDonald should be playing would be criticising the manager if they played and didn’t perform...I never played at a high level but generally those that were good in training played and those not in training were at the back of the queue.

• 4 weeks later...
The Comedian
On 03/04/2019 at 07:34, The Comedian said:

We should be after Ruben Lameiras who is out of contract at Plymouth. Eleven goals and five assists this season for a left/right winger. You're out yer seat whenever he gets the ball, a exciting attacking player and only 24.

Playing scout here :gok:

Bordeaux after him. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/02/plymouth-bordeaux-ruben-lameiras-signing

Wee mini-Mahrez type player too. 

:sob:

Captain Canada

I'm starting to think we'll need more additions than I originally hoped. 

GK - happy with Zlamal. Maybe replace Doyle although I think that bad mistake aside, he did a decent job. 

RB - Smith is good but I'm not sure Godinho or Brandon are strong enough back-ups. 

LB - Aidy White is a risk, Garuccio injured and Burns inexperienced. Highly unlikely we'll look for any other cover though. 

CB - We'll have Halkett, Souttar, Berra, Dikamona, Petkov,  Haring and Smith who can all play here so those are great options. Shaugnessy won't be back and Hughes will retire. 

LM - Mulraney is ok but more of a squad player. We really need an experienced option as I don't see someone like Lewis Moore making the grade. 

RM - As above but with Morrison. Clare shouldn't be used on the wing. 

CM - Lee and Djoum will go I think. Cochrane and C. Smith look good prospects but can't play every week. Haring, Bozanic, Edwards and Clare are all worth keeping. 

I still think we need a guy like Adao in here who will not let anyone past him. And someone who can be composed on the ball and create chances. 

Forwards: Keena, Uche and MacLean will all stay. Vanecek will hopefully get a chance and we'll potentially have Naismith too. 

Wighton is going to be down the pecking order and I think we'll loan him out. 

We'll obviously be on a budget again, but I really think we need at least five players. I'd go for two right wingers, one left winger, a dirty bassa in midfield and a creative guy. 

I've no idea who we'd be able to afford but if Adao, Milinkovic, Charlie Adam and Chris Cadden were all available either on loan or to buy, those guys would be a good start. 

Edited by Captain Canada

every time i watch us at the minute i think we need more,  id want  milinkovic or that type of player as a priority.

Only four teams in the SPL have scored fewer goals than us and only four have conceded more goals so it's clear that we are needing significant improvement at both ends of the pitch. In addition to that, our midfield is awful - no pace, no movement, no passion and no invention. Will we see any better from Lee, Clare, Bozanic, Morrison, Mulraney or Edwards? I have my doubts and feel that every single one of those guys could be replaced. Hopefully Naismith will sign, Haring will get fully fit and youngsters like Cochrane and McDonald will kick on but we seriously need new blood in this area of the team. The Killie guy Mulumbu was head and shoulders above any of our midfielders yesterday so I'd like to think we should be able to get a couple of guys of that quality in. As for our strikers - Uche, although a handful for opposition defenders is, unfortunately, not much more than that and his goals return is clearly not good enough. McLean will never get a lot of goals and should find himself restricted to substitute appearances next season. Vanacek? Who knows? Keena we've not seen enough of.

In short, IMO, we're needing a new first choice keeper, possibly a new LB, at least 3 new midfielders and at least one striker. 

siegementality

I’m obviously missing something in the Chris Cadden love in.

Cathro made a 100k bid for him so people just keep mentioning him. The more people mention him, the more actual people mention him. 

Not what we require in my opinion.  

And before anyone asks why please think of anything notable that he has actually done!

siegementality
16 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Only four teams in the SPL have scored fewer goals than us and only four have conceded more goals so it's clear that we are needing significant improvement at both ends of the pitch. In addition to that, our midfield is awful - no pace, no movement, no passion and no invention. Will we see any better from Lee, Clare, Bozanic, Morrison, Mulraney or Edwards? I have my doubts and feel that every single one of those guys could be replaced. Hopefully Naismith will sign, Haring will get fully fit and youngsters like Cochrane and McDonald will kick on but we seriously need new blood in this area of the team. The Killie guy Mulumbu was head and shoulders above any of our midfielders yesterday so I'd like to think we should be able to get a couple of guys of that quality in. As for our strikers - Uche, although a handful for opposition defenders is, unfortunately, not much more than that and his goals return is clearly not good enough. McLean will never get a lot of goals and should find himself restricted to substitute appearances next season. Vanacek? Who knows? Keena we've not seen enough of.

In short, IMO, we're needing a new first choice keeper, possibly a new LB, at least 3 new midfielders and at least one striker. 

Add a wide player and another striker and I agree.

23 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Add a wide player and another striker and I agree.

So that's 8 new players you want.

Who are they and how much would they cost, bearing in mind the more players you want for the same money, the lower is likely to be the quality?

Cruyff Turn

1 Left back on loan 

1 Left sided centerhalf - quick, good on the ball, good passer and defender.

1 Replacement for Djoum - big, strong, box to box, all rounder 

1 playmaker - like Charlie Adam, someone who can pass and has good technical ability and brains

1 attacking mid, scores goals - like Craig Bryson

1 Right sided winger - quick, direct and can cross

1 Inside Left Forward - “like Walker/Skinny”

1 Striker - Pace, intelligent runs, great finisher 

8 players of significant quality.

Not fill the squad players.

Not gambles or ****ing young potentially good players.

Significant quality. The very best we can afford.

Push the boat out, trim the squad, bin the shite and bring in proper quality.

siegementality
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

So that's 8 new players you want.

Who are they and how much would they cost, bearing in mind the more players you want for the same money, the lower is likely to be the quality?

You really have turned into a supposed Jambo who lives in Hamilton with the amount of questions you ask of people nowadays. It’s all very tedious.

siegementality
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

1 Left back on loan 

1 playmaker - like Charlie Adam, someone who can pass and has good technical ability and brains

So you are saying eight, the same number as me. @JamboAl will be along shortly to ask you to name then, how much their transfer will be, how much they should be paid each week, what part of Edinburgh should they live in (some might have kids so will want to be in the catchment area of a good school) and what kind of car they should drive. Make sure you have the answers ready!

Edited by siegementality

Central Belt 1874
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

1 Left back on loan 

8 players.. its frightening how far we have fallen in the last couple of years. I agree with the above btw. 

The simple truth is, as the squad stands at the moment, we are a bottom 6 outfit. If we fill the squad with gambles and squad fillers over the summer then who knows, maybe we are talking about fighting it out at the bottom.

That's two seasons in a row we have survived due to good early starts to the season.

Third time unlucky? 

Cruyff Turn
Just now, siegementality said:

So you are saying eight, the same number as me. JamboAl will be along shortly to ask you to name then, how much their transfer will be, how much they should be paid each week, what part of Edinburgh should they live in (some might have kids so will want to be in the catchment area of a good school) and what kind of car they should drive.

Well, if that’s what we need, that is what we need. I don’t think that needs to be justified. It is pretty glaringly obvious tbh. It’s up to Budge and Levein to balance the books and deliver. 

They’ll have to bin some of the crap we’ve signed in the last two seasons. Punt some youths, young fringe players who, quite frankly will never make it here and send a few out on loan.

siegementality
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Well, if that’s what we need, that is what we need. I don’t think that needs to be justified. It is pretty glaringly obvious tbh. It’s up to Budge and Levein to balance the books and deliver. 

They’ll have to bin some of the crap we’ve signed in the last two seasons. Punt some youths, young fringe players who, quite frankly will never make it here and send a few out on loan.

I agree. But apparently some think that Doyle, Lee, McLean, et al are good enough.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

8 players.. its frightening how far we have fallen in the last couple of years. I agree with the above btw. 

The simple truth is, as the squad stands at the moment, we are a bottom 6 outfit. If we fill the squad with gambles and squad fillers over the summer then who knows, maybe we are talking about fighting it out at the bottom.

That's two seasons in a row we have survived due to good early starts to the season.

Third time unlucky? 

Agree entirely. We’ve fallen some distance. We have 5 or 6 players that are good enough. The support have become so accustomed to watching shite that they think think some of the players we have are half decent. You’re right, It is absolutely frightening how far standards have dropped. 

The truth is we are a bottom 6/mid table side with too many bottom six and Championship level players playing every week.

If it wasn’t for our early start and the few games we won at Christmas time. We’d have probably been scrapping it out with Motherwell or St Johnstone, possibly worse. I dread to think. Yet folk are upset when we lose to Killie or other top 6 sides when we’re simply not good enough to compete.

Cruyff Turn
6 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I agree. But apparently some think that Doyle, Lee, McLean, et al are good enough.

Doyle’s decent back up imo but yes, hit the nail on the heid. 

Folk bumming up Lee because he can hit a ball reasonably well, Mulraney because he’s fast, or Edwards because he’s “got energy”, pre requisites for apparent professional players in their position.

Or thinking players who barely manage to do their job on the park are half decent prospects.

This clubs become a ****ing joke and the fans are quite content pay through the nose to be served up dugshite season after season.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 03/04/2019 at 16:10, JamboAl said:

Rangers budget is 5x ours if I remember correctly, so the comparison would be them offering 20k per week.

9 hours ago, siegementality said:

You really have turned into a supposed Jambo who lives in Hamilton with the amount of questions you ask of people nowadays. It’s all very tedious.

You really have turned into someone who throws stones and cowardly runs away.  You have no idea really.

If you're going to make a criticism at least have the balls to back it up to some extent.

8 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Rangers budget is 5x ours if I remember correctly, so the comparison would be them offering 20k per week.

I agree.  The difference is that Rangers could probably have loads of better alternatives for £20k a week.

Famous 1874

Wholesale changes this summer again for me. Have to get rid of all the squad players and actually bring in around 8 players of proper quality. 

Out: Doyle, Godinho, Hughes, Shaughessy, Mitchell, Burns (loan), Djoum (contract expiry), Martin, Bozanic, Lee, Edwards, Morrison (loan), Wighton (loan), Vanecek, Sammon and then loan a few of the younger lads out to get first team experience 

In: Gordon, Halkett, Wallace, Bryson, M.Maddison, Adam, Pittman, a right winger, Milinkovic, T.Eaves and probably another striker - preferably smaller and faster 

Also supplement the squad with youth players - Keena, Zanatta, Moore, McDonald, Smith, Irving

Leaves us with:

Goalkeepers - Gordon, Zlamal, Mason/Silva

Defenders- Smith, Brandon, Souttar, Berra, Halkett, Dikamona, Wallace, White and Garuccio

Central Midfielders- Haring, Cochrane, Bryson, Adam and Irving 

Wingers/Attacking Midfielders - a right winger, Mulraney, Milinkovic, M.Maddison, Pittman, Clare

Strikers - Naismith, Uche, Maclean, Eaves and Keena

Jambo 4 Ever
On 03/04/2019 at 14:55, Bauld said:

Wonder if Fraser Forster could be a loan option?

3rd choice now at Southampton and i don't think he's played in over a year thanks to a poor run of form back then. 

In my eyes still a very good keeper though. 

Better going for Craig Gordon 

North Berwick Jambo
7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Wholesale changes this summer again for me. Have to get rid of all the squad players and actually bring in around 8 players of proper quality. 

Out: Doyle, Godinho, Hughes, Shaughessy, Mitchell, Burns (loan), Djoum (contract expiry), Martin, Bozanic, Lee, Edwards, Morrison (loan), Wighton (loan), Vanecek, Sammon and then loan a few of the younger lads out to get first team experience 

In: Gordon, Halkett, Wallace, Bryson, M.Maddison, Adam, Pittman, a right winger, Milinkovic, T.Eaves and probably another striker - preferably smaller and faster 

Also supplement the squad with youth players - Keena, Zanatta, Moore, McDonald, Smith, Irving

Leaves us with:

Defenders- Smith, Brandon, Souttar, Berra, Halkett, Dikamona, Wallace, White and Garuccio

Wingers/Attacking Midfielders - a right winger, Mulraney, Milinkovic, M.Maddison, Pittman, Clare

Almost agree entirely with this except I would want a faster more direct left winger than Milinkovic and also for some strange reason I still think Vanacek will come good after a full pre season and hopefully replace Maclean. 

Famous 1874
20 minutes ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

Almost agree entirely with this except I would want a faster more direct left winger than Milinkovic and also for some strange reason I still think Vanacek will come good after a full pre season and hopefully replace Maclean. 

Fair enough, possibly too early to rule him out. Wingers should be up near the top of our summer transfer list 

A striker that scores goals can make an average side appear so much better

With a striker we'd have been top 4 easily.

A left back, another good centre back and I'd like a wide player with pace to go with the striker with a midfielder to round it off

Oh and a clear out of some average players to make room for the youngsters...and I mean 7 or 8 who would not be missed

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

A striker that scores goals can make an average side appear so much better

With a striker we'd have been top 4 easily.

A left back, another good centre back and I'd like a wide player with pace to go with the striker with a midfielder to round it off

Oh and a clear out of some average players to make room for the youngsters...and I mean 7 or 8 who would not be missed

I’d definitely be happy with that ?

TexasAndy
11 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Doyle’s decent back up imo but yes, hit the nail on the heid. 

Folk bumming up Lee because he can hit a ball reasonably well, Mulraney because he’s fast, or Edwards because he’s “got energy”, pre requisites for apparent professional players in their position.

Or thinking players who barely manage to do their job on the park are half decent prospects.

This clubs become a ****ing joke and the fans are quite content pay through the nose to be served up dugshite season after season.

Lee was a different player when Naismith was fit.  They could play off each other which gave Lee the confidence to carry the ball forward.  With better forwards he is definitely worth keeping especially adding in his dead ball skills.  

North Berwick Jambo
5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Fair enough, possibly too early to rule him out. Wingers should be up near the top of our summer transfer list 

Both Morrison and Mulraney will make good back up wingers but I agree we must sign far better players for both positions. 

The defence looks good for next season, I think Halkett will slot in perfectly with Soutter and Berra, hopefully Aidy White can regain full fitness & improve our left back situation. 

Although Charlie Adam isn’t getting any younger I think he would still be a dominant player in the SPFL & he would give us far more strength in midfield. Claire will improve next season and also guys like Naismith & Haring will be vital. 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Leaves us with:

Not saying you are one of them but some people who want wholesale changes are the same people who complain about the number of signings we make.  That said, you make some very good and interesting points

Out: It would be a surprise if anyone argued too much with your selections for the off, subject of course to contracts.

In: Not sure about Gordon, now, but he'd certainly be an upgrade if Doyle went.  Marc Maddison could have been signed for sweeties a couple of seasons ago at Newcastle and he's been round the houses a bit since then.  So has Tom Eaves (good jockey though?).  Both a bit of a gamble.

Maybe a couple of decent loan players from England would cover your smaller striker and right winger although we don't have a particularly good record with loans from England (eg McCallum, Choulay and that 6ft 7in forward from Liverpool).  Hibs seem to do OK in that market.

Overall a good analysis and more importantly it seems affordable.  It does not of course guarantee success especially when the Ugly sisters can spend millions on players but I'd be surprised if that could not get us 3rd or 4th, at least, next season.

Edited by JamboAl

Cruyff Turn
24 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Lee was a different player when Naismith was fit.  They could play off each other which gave Lee the confidence to carry the ball forward.  With better forwards he is definitely worth keeping especially adding in his dead ball skills.  

The whole team ‘look’ better when Naismith is there to hold their hand. Naismith has carried us to 6th place in the league. If he wasn’t here, i’d dread to think where we would have finished this season.

Lee can’t run, turns like an Oil Tanker, can’t tackle, can’t pass forward, can’t beat a man, takes about 3 touches to control a ball. The boy is pap. Every bit an English division 4 player.

TexasAndy
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

The whole team ‘look’ better when Naismith is there to hold their hand. Naismith has carried us to 6th place in the league. If he wasn’t here, i’d dread to think where we would have finished this season.

Lee can’t run, turns like an Oil Tanker, can’t tackle, can’t pass forward, can’t beat a man, takes about 3 touches to control a ball. The boy is pap. Every bit an English division 4 player.

You're pebble dashing now.  

Famous 1874
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not saying you are one of them but some people who want wholesale changes are the same people who complain about the number of signings we make.  That said, you make some very good and interesting points

Out: It would be a surprise if anyone argued too much with your selections for the off, subject of course to contracts.

In: Not sure about Gordon, now, but he'd certainly be an upgrade if Doyle went.  Marc Maddison could have been signed for sweeties a couple of seasons ago at Newcastle and he's been round the houses a bit since then.  So has Tom Eaves (good jockey though?).  Both a bit of a gamble.

Maybe a couple of decent loan players from England would cover your smaller striker and right winger although we don't have a particularly good record with loans from England (eg McCallum, Choulay and that 6ft 7in forward from Liverpool).  Hibs seem to do OK in that market.

Overall a good analysis and more importantly it seems affordable.  It does not of course guarantee success especially when the Ugly sisters can spend millions on players but I'd be surprised if that could not get us 3rd or 4th, at least, next season.

I get frustrated at the number of poor signings we make, as in we just sign squad players who aren’t going to make a difference.