Pee for free at Waverlee !

whodanny

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47772052

I remember getting off a train from Perth, with about half an hour for my train for King's Cross, and burstin' for a hit or miss. No change about me for the 20 or 30 pence it was to get in the loos then. Thank feck the bar was open. Only problem was, it ended up costing a sight more than 30p. 

22 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Been caught a few times trying to vault over the turnstile, or squeeze past it, in my slimmer days. 

If I recall, you could pull the wee bar back a bit and do a wee shimmy round it.

Just now, whodanny said:

If I recall, you could pull the wee bar back a bit and do a wee shimmy round it.

Correct.  But only in my slim days. 

7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Correct.  But only in my slim days. 

Aye true enough, I had a wee bit of difficulty with that at Inverness bus station a year or two back. Nearly ended up falling over the thing, reckon they actually make them smaller nowadays .:whistling:

2 hours ago, whodanny said:

Aye true enough, I had a wee bit of difficulty with that at Inverness bus station a year or two back. Nearly ended up falling over the thing, reckon they actually make them smaller nowadays .:whistling:

Seen plenty of people climbing over the gate at Inverness bus station. Not me though, that's just tight and mean.

Just now, superjack said:

Seen plenty of people climbing over the gate at Inverness bus station. Not me though, that's just tight and mean.

Aye, OK.

23 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

None because it will now stay in people’s wallets, purses and pockets. 

It was rip-off profiteering by greedy  owners. I was in the ‘pub’ after the Celtic semi as had time to kill before my train home. £6 for a cider ffs!

And then another 30p to piss it out again?

3 hours ago, whodanny said:

Aye, OK.

Ok, I maybe tried to do it but couldn't get my arse over.

Ricardo Shillyshally
7 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

None because it will now stay in people’s wallets, purses and pockets. 

It was rip-off profiteering by greedy  owners. I was in the ‘pub’ after the Celtic semi as had time to kill before my train home. £6 for a cider ffs!

It was a genuine question. 

Regardless what you think of the 30p charge, taking it away will surely mean a drop in income. I'm curious as to how much that will be. They'll likely need to make it up elsewhere. Maybe your cider will be £6.30 next time

4 minutes ago, benny said:

Not only in Waverley but every main station in the UK.

A blessing for the gent of more advanced years.

4 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

It was a genuine question. 

Regardless what you think of the 30p charge, taking it away will surely mean a drop in income. I'm curious as to how much that will be. They'll likely need to make it up elsewhere. Maybe your cider will be £6.30 next time

One article said that something like 23m 'visits' were made last year (not sure if that was specifically Waverley or all the stations combined) so that would be c£7m at 30p per visit!

John Findlay

The lost revenue will be made up with rent increases to the vendors in the station and there is alot more retail planned for Waverley in the next 5 years.

48 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The lost revenue will be made up with rent increases to the vendors in the station and there is alot more retail planned for Waverley in the next 5 years.

Networkrail would be better leaving waverley as is and spending money on replacing the constantly failing signals west of haymarket but instead they'll spend millions on creating more shops to rip folk off while they are stuck for hours at a time.

rudi must stay
19 hours ago, whodanny said:

In the latter years there were always people watching. "Ho you, you didn't pay" 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Hopefully they put in a different shop as competition to WH Smith.

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

One article said that something like 23m 'visits' were made last year (not sure if that was specifically Waverley or all the stations combined) so that would be c£7m at 30p per visit!

Wouldn't include my boys.....i lift them over these sort of turnstiles.....same as those at service stations.

Had to jump the turnstile at Bratislava train station the other week.  40 cents to go for a slash, but it wouldn't take anything smaller than a 20 cent coin.  Was raging, and the turnstile was deliberately massive as if to discourage people doing exactly that.

Never exactly sure what it is you're paying for with these toilets, as they're always ****ing manky, so they can't be using those millions for cleaning costs!!