• Notts1874

• gashauskis9

• The Real Maroonblood

The Real Maroonblood
43 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How boring was that interview sequence? :rofl:

Watching paint dry comes to mind.

vegas-voss

Said last week this has become a long drawn out version of The Departed but a lot less believable.

I think it was the weakest season and lost a bit of suspense when Corbett was killed. It seems to me that he maybe didn't envision getting to a sixth series and so had to drag out who H was, but it all looked a bit silly with the Eureka moment with Morse code that no one else had spotted. I also found some of Hastings actions totally out of character but then there are some explanations from Jed Mercurio here:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a27332344/line-of-duty-season-5-episode-6-explained-jed-mercurio/

Overall, entertaining but a definite dip in quality for me.

Alright fellas?  What in the name of the wee man has happened to this thread? ?

Right - as a piece of TV, I enjoyed it.  A lot better than just about anything else that's on at the moment.  However, Mercurio is getting more and more soapy.  I found Bodyguard impossible to watch because it was pure Fantasy Island stuff.  LoD was always a bit more realistic, while still being OBVIOUSLY fiction.  But this latest season has taken a step or two towards Fantasy Island.  

I wondered why the Caddy fella with his dying breath didn't just say 'four' rather than using his remaining seconds to communicate in morse code.  Good thing that all police officers have to learn morse code.  Except they don't.  

The wee towrag Ryan who tried to cut Steve’s fingers off with a bolt cutter joins the police ??

Edited by MTS1874

Horatio Caine

My guess is that the fourth member - the unknown one - will turn out to be the Police Commisioner guy - the one who promised to root out corruption.  He's the political element.

gashauskis9
23 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

My guess is that the fourth member - the unknown one - will turn out to be the Police Commisioner guy - the one who promised to root out corruption.  He's the political element.

Possibly.  I still think it’s Kate though.  She created H to throw folk off the scent for two series.  Ryan’s the back up plan to keep the conveyor belt going.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, MTS1874 said:

The wee towrag Ryan who tried to cut Steve’s fingers off with a bolt cutter joins the police ??

The story line is laughable.

10 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The story line is laughable.

Aye there's nae criminals in the police force, right enough.

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye there's nae criminals in the police force, right enough.

I never said or implied that.

It’s the storylines are poor.

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I never said or implied that.

It’s the storylines are poor.

Aye, aye, aye! :1092:

gashauskis9
13 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

I think you might be missing the point.  He hasn’t joined the police through the normal means, he’s deliberately been recruited by corrupt senior police officials to keep the conveyor belt going.

Those of you criticising the writing should get back to your Dostoevsky. It's a prime time BBC drama FFS.

Yes, it gets a bit silly at times, but in terms of ramping up tension, it's almost unrivalled. 

37 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I think you might be missing the point.  He hasn’t joined the police through the normal means, he’s deliberately been recruited by corrupt senior police officials to keep the conveyor belt going.

I agree, I’ve watched every single episode of this series.

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

No he has joined the police force through the OCG.The police don't run the OCG it's the other way round the OCG are controlling certain officers who then entail use knowledge to blackmail others imo.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Those of you criticising the writing should get back to your Dostoevsky. It's a prime time BBC drama FFS.

Yes, it gets a bit silly at times, but in terms of ramping up tension, it's almost unrivalled. 

A bit silly. 

2 hours ago, Craig_ said:

LoD was (and still is) great because it felt pretty real, while still relying on it being a fiction for dramtatic effect.  No problem with that.  It's when it starts relying on nonsenical plot devices in order to ramp things up that people start to question it.  Such as a dying person chosing to communicate in morse code rather than just saying '4'.  

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Haken said:

LoD was (and still is) great because it felt pretty real, while still relying on it being a fiction for dramtatic effect.  No problem with that.  It's when it starts relying on nonsenical plot devices in order to ramp things up that people start to question it.  Such as a dying person chosing to communicate in morse code rather than just saying '4'.  

Or holding up 4 ****ing fingers!

Hampden Demolition

The 4th one has surely got to be someone in the room that gave the order to try to kill Gill? Therefore it could only be Steve (unlikely), Hastings (unlikely), Carmichael (possible) or Kate (likely). My opinion of course.

Mr Brightside
2 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

The 4th one has surely got to be someone in the room that gave the order to try to kill Gill? Therefore it could only be Steve (unlikely), Hastings (unlikely), Carmichael (possible) or Kate (likely). My opinion of course.

Not sure, the read head WPC could have got a text from someone else that we didn’t see on the screen.

I think the 4th person will be the asian guy with the blue suit as the camera seemed to linger on him a few times at the end.

Horatio Caine
3 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Not sure, the read head WPC could have got a text from someone else that we didn’t see on the screen.

I think the 4th person will be the asian guy with the blue suit as the camera seemed to linger on him a few times at the end.

That's what I said a few posts ago.  He's the politician and not a member of `the force`.  Ryan will be his inside man.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

What ryan said in his interview about that copper taking an interest in him and showing him there was another alternative to the normal route for a kid like him seemed a callback to what Dot Cotton said to Hilton back in season 1 

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

hughesie27
4 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

What ryan said in his interview about that copper taking an interest in him and showing him there was another alternative to the normal route for a kid like him seemed a callback to what Dot Cotton said to Hilton back in season 1 

It was a callback to the end of season 1 where the Asian rookie Cop gave him a phone number to call if he ever wanted to chat or someone to buy him a burger.

Edited by hughesie27

vegas-voss
45 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It was a callback to the end of season 1 where the Asian rookie Cop gave him a phone number to call if he ever wanted to chat or someone to buy him a burger.

Got to say it had me thinking what I initially thought was a nice community officer trying to help a kid out what if actually it was a bit more to it than that and it's a recruitment process to bring through another caddy.

Edited by vegas-voss

luckyBatistuta
23 hours ago, BigCGilmour said:

Film was paused, how can you see morse code when it’s the same frame???

That’s what I thought. I also thought Kate went past ‘H’ and actually went on to ‘I’, then went back and chose the letter ‘H’ herself. I could be wrong about that, not watched it back again, just what I thought I saw and heard at the time.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
8 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Yes indeed, but it had parallels to what Dot said to Hilton too

Just on 5th episode. Didn't realise they had been directed by Michelle from Eastenders/Suzanne from Grange Hill. 

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Just on 5th episode. Didn't realise they had been directed by Michelle from Eastenders/Suzanne from Grange Hill. 

She does a fair bit of directing these days.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Wonder why they still have Jackie Laverty's body in the freezer, she must have been getting pumped by someone else other than Gates

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Wonder why they still have Jackie Laverty's body in the freezer, she must have been getting pumped by someone else other than Gates

Necrophilia?

hughesie27
12 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Different

On 08/05/2019 at 11:14, Haken said:

He couldn't speak because of his injuries. Hence him being asked to blink.

6 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

He couldn't speak because of his injuries. Hence him being asked to blink.

He also didn't blink at A after H, so Hastings should be ruled out then and there.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He also didn't blink at A after H, so Hastings should be ruled out then and there.

?

Said exactly that when I watched it with the wife.

• 2 weeks later...