Line Of Duty....Series 5

Notts1874

adambraejambo

I think H will be Arnott. I sure they have comissioned one more season after this one. I think by end of this season we the viewers will know that Steve is H (as he kills Corbett) with Hastings taking the fall. Next season prob the last will be similar to season 3 when we all knew who the Caddie was. If they identify who H is this season and they catch him it does not leave much room for story for next season. Having seen how H communicates there is no way the Caddie knew who it was when he tried to frame Steve. Also we been thrown into thinking Steve is whiter than white with his actions in 1st season when he went up against Osbourne and also when he nearly got killed in the line of duty in season 4.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Notts1874

• gashauskis9

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

I think H will be Arnott. I sure they have comissioned one more season after this one. I think by end of this season we the viewers will know that Steve is H (as he kills Corbett) with Hastings taking the fall. Next season prob the last will be similar to season 3 when we all knew who the Caddie was. If they identify who H is this season and they catch him it does not leave much room for story for next season. Having seen how H communicates there is no way the Caddie knew who it was when he tried to frame Steve. Also we been thrown into thinking Steve is whiter than white with his actions in 1st season when he went up against Osbourne and also when he nearly got killed in the line of duty in season 4.

There is talk of a potential seventh series, too. Think it will be known soon, so series six can plan its path. 

17 hours ago, siegementality said:

It’s Steve Arnot.

I thought this for a bit but I'm not sure now after seeing Ted bin his computer as said below.

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Watch the very first episode again and tell me it's Steve. 

Why did Ted bin his computer? That woman he's with is H and he knows it.

1 hour ago, adambraejambo said:

If it's Steve why all the risk.Why get himself nearly crippled and his fingers chopped off.Why not just bury things when everybody thinks H is Hilton ?

tokyowalnut

Hastings is going to be framed. The ex lawyer who has turned up to get Hasting's investment back is clearly at it. Hastings will take the 100k loan, which i think will come from a criminal and it will nail him. I think the series will finish with Hastings being done, but we (viewers) will know it's not him, series 6 will centre around him trying to disprove it all. 

Not a clue who H is. The laptop thing is a bit of a spanner in my theory though.

JudyJudyJudy
On 16/04/2019 at 17:24, I P Knightley said:

There's no AFO so your list can FRO.

Yeah forgot to put GTF too   :) 

Maybe Ted's Method is to flush out and kill corrupt cops. Na, maybe not.

Edited by ri Alban

gashauskis9
23 hours ago, superjack said:

On another note, could H be Kate?

I’ve said since series 3 that I think this is the case.  The only reason H exists is because Dot apparently told her this before he died.  It all came from her.  I think Hastings will get framed and kill himself as a result, at which stage (end of series 5) we’ll find out it was Kate that framed him.  That’ll leave Steve to be the hero in series 6.

This programme is seriously well and intelligently written.

Re the can you watch this series without the others question? That’s more interesting than you’d think.

Each series has a stand-alone story line at its core, but there is a bigger story that is woven in from Series 1.

Funny thing is the missus and I watched the last series with Thandie Newton without watching any of the previous ones and thought it was brilliant as a stand-alone. 

Somebody at my work said - ah, but there is a theme running through them, you should watch them all.

Anyway we then watched the first 3 series and both got the theme but we couldn’t for the life of us work out where it had come in during the 4th series.

Then we watched the 4th series again and couldn’t believe how well, but subtlety, the major story was wrapped into the standalone story of that series.

I think it’s genius

Slevinkelevra

Got my head pickled, did notice  teds spelling of the word definitely though, im guessing that lisa is undercover and ted saying bring this to a close was an order to kill john?

Just now, Slevinkelevra said:

Got my head pickled, did notice  teds spelling of the word definitely though, im guessing that lisa is undercover and ted saying bring this to a close was an order to kill john?

Yep.

If Lisa is undercover and "definately" was a code to let her know it was Hastings talking, she surely wouldn't obey an order to kill a cop? 

9 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

If Lisa is undercover and "definately" was a code to let her know it was Hastings talking, she surely wouldn't obey an order to kill a cop? 

If she's undercover, who's to say she knew Corbett was a cop? 

2 minutes ago, blairdin said:

If she's undercover, who's to say she knew Corbett was a cop? 

True, but they aren't meant to participate in murders though.  Also, if she was working undercover for Ted, he knew, so surely couldn't deliberately have gave that order. 

That said, that's the second time she's broke down after someone was killed.

I wonder what Hastings wanted with Banks.

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Good to see Jackie Laverty back from Series One though.

Wonder if the actress gets a credit for that? :D

6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Wonder if the actress gets a credit for that? :D

Her acting was a little stiff. Came across very cold.

William H. Bonney
21 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Her acting was a little stiff. Came across very cold.

Nice legs though. 

I P Knightley

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

There's enough arseholes who can't spell for toffee for that to be a diversion. 

1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Nice legs though. 

... and there's JKB at its finest :D

Edited by I P Knightley

8 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

True, but they aren't meant to participate in murders though.  Also, if she was working undercover for Ted, he knew, so surely couldn't deliberately have gave that order. 

That said, that's the second time she's broke down after someone was killed.

I wonder what Hastings wanted with Banks.

To tell him that Corbett was the rat.

Let's be honest nobody has a clue what the hell is going on in this show except the writers ?.It's a total mind**** every week now.

Can't stop watching but I really hope the rumours of a 7th series aren't true as it's needing to come to the reveal and end in series 6.

gashauskis9
19 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Let's be honest nobody has a clue what the hell is going on in this show except the writers ?.It's a total mind**** every week now.

Can't stop watching but I really hope the rumours of a 7th series aren't true as it's needing to come to the reveal and end in series 6.

I’ve heard that Jed Mercurio hasn’t written the ending yet (series 6 is still being finished/edited) and that there may be multiple endings...

The "definately" thing could be another red herring but the order seems pretty cut and dried. Don't see what else "bring this to a close" could mean. What a programme it is though

All roads lead to Gorgie

I have come to this late so I don't have much of a clue to who the bad apples are but neither do those watching from the start by all accounts. I see now how so many are gripped by it though. Tense is an understatement. 

On 17/04/2019 at 13:43, ri Alban said:

Watch the very first episode again and tell me it's Steve. 

Why did Ted bin his computer? That woman he's with is H and he knows it.

I think that too!!!!

Its HER!

On 22/04/2019 at 07:42, Notts1874 said:

Good to see Jackie Laverty back from Series One though.

?? legs an all

Cruyff Turn
3 hours ago, Barack said:

That Lawyer who Ted was, well...you know...has stitched him right up.

Obvious plot twist tonight. But Teddy will be free.

Agree, Ted has been totally framed but his time will figure it out. 

Looking forward to next weeks.

Hampden Demolition

I think there is a strong possibility that Kate is H. Gill will be another red herring I feel.

Edited by Hampden Demolition

Samuel Camazzola

Young Ryan's exam will be for the police I suspect. He'll get in and be an inside man for the next series. 

Hampden Demolition
Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Young Ryan's exam will be for the police I suspect. He'll get in and be an inside man for the next series. 

Agree - the new caddy.

3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

This.

Hopefully he gets his head blown off.

10 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I think there is a strong possibility that Kate is H. Gill will be another red herring I feel.

Not H unless has never been the top dog but merely just in the chain somewhere.

I do think she is bent though.

Horatio Caine
11 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

That's where I'm at as well.

scott herbertson

Finding this series stretching credibility a bit too much. Still enjoyable with the critical faculties turned down.

7 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Finding this series stretching credibility a bit too much. Still enjoyable with the critical faculties turned down.

It's becoming nonsense.That episode the other night was really bad.The level of corruption is so big it's not one guy as H either.I reckon it has to be going down The Departed route and they are coming straight from the Police Academy.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

It's becoming nonsense.That episode the other night was really bad.The level of corruption is so big it's not one guy as H either.I reckon it has to be going down The Departed route and they are coming straight from the Police Academy.

Between Hastings being offered a way out of his financial hole until he was put in front of Anna Maxwell Martin, I agree that this series has had its low points. It's too much of a character shift from the previous four series; we're expected to believe that the man who's interested in one thing and one thing only - bent coppers - walks blindly into a £100,000 agreement with an ex-copper he doesn't know in the middle of the biggest corruption scandal he's ever investigated? It has me tearing my hair out. I'll be glad when Sunday's episode is done and I can forget about it.

If it's any of the three main characters, that'll be me done with LoD. How could one of them be the big criminal mastermind yet have such a shitty life with no trappings from what should be pretty substantial proceeds of their activities?

When you say the name Carmichael to me,  cos I’m an old fart the first name that comes to mind is Hoagy

Hoagy begins with an H

Shes been fast tracked throughout her career

Just sayin likes

Cannae be Ted.

Edited by Jamhammer

4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

When you say the name Carmichael to me,  cos I’m an old fart the first name that comes to mind is Hoagy

Hoagy begins with an H

Shes been fast tracked throughout her career

Just sayin likes

Cannae be Ted.

Thought that too. Big lad in my year has the nickname Hoagy. Could be!?!?!!!

Edited by ri Alban