lauriesrank

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

And raising Arizona 

Raising Arizona, Red Rock West (contemporary film noir directed by John Dahl, also starring Dennis Hopper), and Snake Eyes (Brian de Palma) are all superb Nicholas Cage films.  

Anyway, back to the utterly guff: "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein", directed by and starring Kenneth Branagh...

:facepalm:

Edited by Auld Reekin'

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• rudi must stay

• redjambo

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol:

Me and the Mrs love Nicolas Cage so we have set ourselves a mission to watch every movie he's ever been in.............even cameos..............

Big mistake! Some of his early work is brutal, but hilarious at the same time. 

Peggy Sue got married was one that he is utterly bizarre in it. He puts on this weird voice in it, and apparently he was asked to not do this voice but insisted anyway. His Uncle directed that one too

he fell out with a few folk making this one.

I love Cage

13 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Me and the Mrs love Nicolas Cage so we have set ourselves a mission to watch every movie he's ever been in.............even cameos..............

Big mistake! Some of his early work is brutal, but hilarious at the same time. 

Peggy Sue got married was one that he is utterly bizarre in it. He puts on this weird voice in it, and apparently he was asked to not do this voice but insisted anyway. His Uncle directed that one too

he fell out with a few folk making this one.

I love Cage

A truly abysmal movie. Not all Cage's fault, of course, but he played his part. The Christmas one he made, forget the name, was awful too. 

I was lured in by "Knowing" as the beginning was promising but the film was well and truly "Caged" long before the excruciating climax.

Edit: Caged: the Hollywood version of Hibs'd.

Edited by martoon

Nicholas Cage used to be good, now he's a bit of a laughing stock.

I liked the film with him and David Caruso. Can't remember the title. 

William H. Bonney

Yet he still makes some great movies. Wild at heart, leaving Las Vegas, bringing out the dead and 8mm are great. 

On 01/04/2019 at 15:36, Carl Fredrickson said:

Put The Ritual on (Netflix) today. Turned it off well before the end. A very, very poor film.

Well done you. I’m just done watching it to the end. You’ll be glad to know there’s no payoff!!!

Shame, quite fancied it.

Find the Netflix films a real crap shot. Watched one with Halle Berry in it a while back abd its up there with worst ever!

Bridge of Djoum
On 09/04/2019 at 17:42, Superunknown said:

Rumble fish is another one that cage is in. Starring Mickey Rourke as the motorcycle boy. Really cringey

I liked Rumblefish. 

Bridge of Djoum

BlacKkKlansman.

Utterly guff and further evidence that Spike Lee's work is tiresome and 20 years out of date.

Carl Fredrickson
8 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Well done you. I’m just done watching it to the end. You’ll be glad to know there’s no payoff!!!

Shame, quite fancied it.

Find the Netflix films a real crap shot. Watched one with Halle Berry in it a while back abd its up there with worst ever!

Totally agree Re the Netflix films. So many good tv shows but they struggle to make watchable films.

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

BlacKkKlansman.

Utterly guff and further evidence that Spike Lee's work is tiresome and 20 years out of date.

Very good film.

3 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Totally agree Re the Netflix films. So many good tv shows but they struggle to make watchable films.

Outlaw/King is brilliant.

Carl Fredrickson
50 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Outlaw/King is brilliant.

I will give you that one but one out of how many? 

12 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Yet he still makes some great movies. Wild at heart, leaving Las Vegas, bringing out the dead and 8mm are great. 

Mandy is amazing. Released last Halloween. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, The Brow said:

Mandy is amazing. Released last Halloween. 

Mandy is a fantastic film. He is capable of making good movies it’s just that due to his crippling debts he churns out shite film after shite film to pay the bills. 

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I will give you that one but one out of how many? 

I like the comedy specials like Kevin Hart and Jimmy Carr.

Carl Fredrickson
52 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I like the comedy specials like Kevin Hart and Jimmy Carr.

I agree they have some decent stand up but their own movies are more miss than hit 

7 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I agree they have some decent stand up but their own movies are more miss than hit 

Agree with that though the hits tend to be good fun. The Dirt is brilliant, really loved it.

The majority feel like made for tv movies but generally with a big star or two, like all the moneys gone on the names rather than the screenplay etc.

10 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Mandy is a fantastic film. He is capable of making good movies it’s just that due to his crippling debts he churns out shite film after shite film to pay the bills. 

Agree 100%...Mandy is outstanding, and destined to be a cult classic.

Cage has acted in some great movies...and like most actors, some terrible ones.

lauriesrank

She just pulledout another world beater... 'spinning man' guy pearce brosnan are both in it, which actually says quite a lot about how bad it is, I switched off after 20 minutes and caught some of the rest of the predictable BS, Odeya Rush makes a couple of appearances in it so not all bad :)

In case you didn't know, this is quite a nice photo of her I:odeya-rush-sexy-dress.jpg

Edited by lauriesrank