another hard game ahead for the women . 

apologies , just noticed the other thread highlighting it 

Edited by 3fingersreid

7 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Sunday’s game on BBC website KO 11am 

another hard game ahead for the women . 

apologies , just noticed the other thread highlighting it 

Hope they do well 👍

Game not on tv anymore , as it’s being played on the indoor pitch the bbc have decided it’s not safe to broadcast it 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 30/10/2020 at 19:12, 3fingersreid said:

Game not on tv anymore , as it’s being played on the indoor pitch the bbc have decided it’s not safe to broadcast it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not being cheeky, but I don't understand this post.

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

The game was originally meant to be outdoors so it was going to be shown live on the bbc website , however when told it had been moved to the indoor pitch the bbc said it was unable to show it live from there due to Covid restrictions 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m sorry but that’s all the info I got given and like you I don’t understand their reasoning .

They have however, unfortunately got a recording of the game for the highlights show ( unless I can get to it and delete it). 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Last minute switch to an indoor work environment (which has different government restrictions) for the TV crew, not risk assessed. Would require a complete last moment rerig of camera mounts, cables, microphone positions which would be challenging at the best of times, never mind trying to maintain safe working distances, etc, 

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Last minute switch to an indoor work environment (which has different government restrictions) for the TV crew, not risk assessed. Would require a complete last moment rerig of camera mounts, cables, microphone positions which would be challenging at the best of times, never mind trying to maintain safe working distances, etc, 

Maybe for the best. 

SectionFJambo

Having full time teams in a league which can be uncompetitive at the best of times is just asking for this.

Would expect Rangers/Celtic to put 5 or 6 past most teams. Hibs/Glasgow City maybe just about close enough to keep it respectful but the rest are in for a hard long season.

The same is happening down south in a fully professional league with Arsenal handing out proper doings most weeks.

The money being thrown about seems to be backfiring for the sport. Can't see Celtic/Rangers finding this a long term viable proposition.

Edited by SectionFJambo

Looks like me being thick again.

Looked on the website.

Who were we playing?

What was FT score?

Is the gulf from div 1 to div 2 so big?

Early days.  Keep the faith.  Women's football is already big round the world and is only going to get bigger.

We will be a part of that.

Keep your heads up ladies.

14 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

Having full time teams in a league which can be uncompetitive at the best of times is just asking for this.

Would expect Rangers/Celtic to put 5 or 6 past most teams. Hibs/Glasgow City maybe just about close enough to keep it respectful but the rest are in for a hard long season.

The same is happening down south in a fully professional league with Arsenal handing out proper doings most weeks.

The money being thrown about seems to be backfiring for the sport. Can't see Celtic/Rangers finding this a long term viable proposition.

This x100 , some of the women playing for celtic and rangers are on £20k and above training 5 times a week . Only glasgow city will compete with it . 

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Looked on the website.

Who were we playing?

What was FT score?

The gulf is huge and will be detrimental to the game long term . I know it’s a strange season given what’s going on but moving to a winter season from a summer season won’t benefit the game either 

SectionFJambo
14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Looked on the website.

Who were we playing?

What was FT score?

It's not the promotion but more that Rangers and Celtic have both gone full time.  They are now competing against part time players with tiny budgets at a time Covid shuts the funding down even more.

The score was 10-0 to Celtic.

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Disgrace of a result, don't care if it's just women's football they're wearing the Hearts badge. 

You’re right,  and right now I’m doing my best to console a very angry , disappointed and frustrated young lady who feels she and her teammates have , in her words embarrassed the badge . 

It’s going to be a long hard season for this team , quicker they learn the better , next year with two coming up from the swpl2 it’ll be more competitive at the bottom end of the table but I guess there will be more thumpings like today . 

7 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Disgrace of a result, don't care if it's just women's football they're wearing the Hearts badge. 

Unlike @3fingersreid, I disagree.

Southampton got beat 9-0 by Leicester in the EPL last season.

They didn't panic, they recovered.

Read the previous posts and learn about the set up.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Yeah, going to be a right struggle.

Only 8 teams? Was that the same last season.

IMG_20201101_170014.jpg

Yep and before Covid changed things the plan was 2 teams to get relegated , 25% of the league !!!! That’s changed and no relegation this year 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Unlike @3fingersreid, I disagree.

Southampton got beat 9-0 by Leicester in the EPL last season.

They didn't panic, they recovered.

Read the previous posts and learn about the set up.

That’s a result I’d forgotten about , thanks for reminding me , it might help 👍🏻

• 1 month later...
On 01/11/2020 at 17:05, Tommy Brown said:

Yeah, going to be a right struggle.

Only 8 teams? Was that the same last season.

IMG_20201101_170014.jpg

Not a struggle. A chance to build and develop.

There's no relegation this season as top league expands. 

Have I stumbled upon a thread of Hearts fans berating a group of young lassies for berating the entire club and everything we stand for? :rofl: 

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aaron Hughes helping Andy Kirk with coaching according to new signing Holly Aitchison from Spartans.

Interestingly (or maybe not) Holly was at Newcraighall primary school at the same time as Andy Irving and Josh Doig. Considering the school only has around 120 pupils pretty impressive.

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aaron Hughes helping Andy Kirk with coaching according to new signing Holly Aitchison from Spartans.

Donald Park also been helping out with girls training sessions too

Fingers crossed for today so far so good

Any result today against Hibs today would be absolutely huge

17 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Donald Park also been helping out with girls training sessions too

Fingers crossed for today so far so good

Any result today against Hibs today would be absolutely huge

Donald Park is immense. Won a lifetime achievement award at a coaches(UK) zoom ceremony Friday night. Well done Donald.

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Full time 1-0 FOR HEARTS 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃♥️

Brilliant result!!!!!

Just now, R1874 said:

So 0/5 wins. -25 GD. Then play them and win. You couldn’t write it 

I think the new coaching team haven't been concentrating on results. As I said earlier, there's no relegation this season. Trying to build something with the players. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 0 Glasgow City 2