Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

New opportunity for someone. Might be good to get a woman coach.

Sad to see Kevin move on, he was doing a fantastic job,   I know my daughter was gutted when she was informed this morning, but has been assured all the blocks are in place and Hearts women will continue to grow in the future 

However like there Mens teams it would appear Rangers and Celtic want to rule women’s football too, not great for Glasgow City and Hibs ladies, there era of ruling the roost would appear to be diminishing 

Edited by jbee647

On 16/06/2020 at 09:43, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah not thought about that, but that is very true. 

Hibs don’t really contribute to there women’s teams, other than the name, colors and use of training facilities 

Good luck Kevin. Sad to see you go. Thanks for all the input and help with my daughter. You will be sorely missed by the Hearts U15 girls 

47 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Sad to see Kevin move on, he was doing a fantastic job,   I know my daughter was gutted when she was informed this morning, but has been assured all the blocks are in place and Hearts women will continue to grow in the future 

However like there Mens teams it would appear Rangers and Celtic want to rule women’s football too, not great for Glasgow City and Hibs ladies, there era of ruling the roost would appear to be diminishing 

City have signed a good player 

Kevin was great. 

My daughter just missed out in the u13s trials but his feedback and love for the job shone through when I emailed him afterwards thanking him and Hearts for the opportunity for my daughter. 

On 29/04/2019 at 08:56, i8hibsh said:

I feel sorry for the keepers. A female by nature will never be able to be a decent keeper. Breasts are not exactly something that a keeper would feel help their game. I get no joy out of women being of such a poor standard at football it really is not their fault. Good to see them play the sport though.

My 18 yo daughter would boot you in the bollocks for such insulting rhetoric. Time to wise up and join the 21st century.

3 hours ago, BobbyCox said:

My 18 yo daughter would boot you in the bollocks for such insulting rhetoric. Time to wise up and join the 21st century.

What does the 21st century have to do with the standard of women's football though?

I think it is great women get involved in it, they are as entitled to it as men.

The fact is thet are limited physically.

12 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Rangers are the only full time club right now, am I right?

11 hours ago, Homme said:

Kevin was great. 

My daughter just missed out in the u13s trials but his feedback and love for the job shone through when I emailed him afterwards thanking him and Hearts for the opportunity for my daughter. 

My daughter plays for the under 13s and Kevin was there watching every training session and games. He put in a power of work to get the academy up and running and will be a massive loss to the club.

The Absloute shambles of the football club currently and previously under craig levein is the reason he has gone to rangers. This is a Absloute game changer for the football club. I hope we appoint someone with the same enthusiasm and drive kev showed. 

What's Phil Neville up too 

1 minute ago, Restonbabe said:

The Absloute shambles of the football club currently and previously under craig levein is the reason he has gone to rangers. This is a Absloute game changer for the football club. I hope we appoint someone with the same enthusiasm and drive kev showed. 

What's Phil Neville up too 

What did Levein do with the women's team like? Did he try get his principles of play ideas enforced there too?

27 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Rangers are the only full time club right now, am I right?

Celtic too... but to be honest I think some of them might get paid more doing a paper round

Poor attempt at trolling 

3 minutes ago, kila said:

What did Levein do with the women's team like? Did he try get his principles of play ideas enforced there too?

5 minutes ago, kila said:

Try following the football club instead of just the 1st team. Your a fanboy. 

3fingersreid

I didn’t want to reply to this but I now feel I have to . I’ve posted his statement and feel it needs a response .

Firstly I get the mixed emotion leaving a club you support . 

Secondly is the ambition of rangers women  really bigger than Hearts ambition ? I’m not so sure .
Any time I’ve watched Hearts v rangers we’ve won more games at varying levels . 

Now the bit that pisses me right off, “ success is not only demanded but is expected” , we’ll if you ask the women and ladies who wear the Hearts strip ( at all ages) I’m sure they’ll tell you they expect to go out and win , they demand it of themselves , some more than others. 

He leaves us with 11 outfield first team players and 2 keepers , not a great position to be in. 

I’ll look upon his appointment with mixed views , some good ideas but other factors he implemented not so much . 

For me I’d like to see either Grant Scott or Pauline Mcdonald taking over with the existing coaches continuing in place as they new how to build a team spirit second to none . 

this by the way is my opinion not that of my daughters . 

EE632B5A-C9B3-46E0-B9E3-2C6CCC86F44F.jpeg

6DA70E71-683B-4B56-9E54-F7695803C4C4.jpeg

SomethingAboutObua

The women's league should look at introducing a salary cap. I don't have a problem with Rangers/other clubs making moves to improve themselves (within the rules) thats the whole point, but this is a pretty clear sign that the OF are planning on spending their way to the top of women's football too. They'll easily outspend established teams like Glasgow City, Hibs LFC and Spartans WFC, the fact they can nab him from us when he was already on a pretty good wage for the league says a lot with how much they're going to be willing to spend.

I'm not saying women's football needs to be an SPFL/SFA guinea pig, but if the SWPL wants to grow in Scotland it needs to avoid having the same problems/criticism of the SPFL from the start than wait until its unfixable

• 2 weeks later...
3fingersreid

Moving to a winter league is a terrible decision, summer football didn’t have them competing with the men’s and boys teams , even getting pitches booked will now be an issue .

i really hope this is a one of and they’ll revert back next year 

20 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Moving to a winter league is a terrible decision, summer football didn’t have them competing with the men’s and boys teams , even getting pitches booked will now be an issue .

i really hope this is a one of and they’ll revert back next year 

is it a terrible decision if (for one season) the option is nothing at all?

3fingersreid
8 minutes ago, Hesh said:

is it a terrible decision if (for one season) the option is nothing at all?

If it’s one season then yes it’s the best option , long term it’s not , or at least it’s not imho , I’ll give a few reasons why . 

There’s more chance of a growing support when the weather is better ( or just not as bad 😃)

The underfoot conditions will impact on the quality of the game .

I think it’ll be harder to convince some of the women and girls who play more for the fun rather than at the top end of the game ,that running out into a howling gale and sleet or snow is an enjoyable thing to do . 

I think we’re aligning ourselves too much to the women’s game in England , where cash is king , our game will always be behind it in terms of investment , despite what celtic and rangers are doing . 

I do hope it’s one season only 

8 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

If it’s one season then yes it’s the best option , long term it’s not , or at least it’s not imho , I’ll give a few reasons why . 

There’s more chance of a growing support when the weather is better ( or just not as bad 😃)

The underfoot conditions will impact on the quality of the game .

I think it’ll be harder to convince some of the women and girls who play more for the fun rather than at the top end of the game ,that running out into a howling gale and sleet or snow is an enjoyable thing to do . 

I think we’re aligning ourselves too much to the women’s game in England , where cash is king , our game will always be behind it in terms of investment , despite what celtic and rangers are doing . 

I do hope it’s one season only 

I think the players and clubs voted for it.

It's a big risk having no football for a year in losing players to the game. And losing sponsors etc. 

Of course you mention valid concerns. 

Edited by Mikey1874

3fingersreid
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I think the players voted for it.

It's a big risk having no football for a year in losing players to the game. And losing sponsors etc. 

Of course you mention valid concerns. 

Don’t get me wrong , get playing even if it’s through this winter , but I just think there will be a drop off in the numbers wanting to not only play , but even travelling to games if the weathers crap . 
I might be wrong but I’m sure killie and aberdeen are in the same league this year , that’ll be fun December January or February for the women/girls 😃

SWF STATEMENT | LEAGUE START DATE ANNOUNCED WITH ENHANCED BROADCAST DEAL

33058882_965984346913404_425935144720164

Performance Arm Start Date & Enhanced Broadcast Agreement

Scottish Women’s Football (SWF) is delighted to announce that the Scottish Building Society Scottish Women’s Premier Leagues 1 & 2 (SWPL 1 & 2) and Championship Leagues will kick off on Sunday 18th October. This is pending the government guidance enabling this and the Scottish FA’s current suspension on competitions being lifted. We are also delighted to announce an enhanced broadcast agreement with our long-term partners at BBC ALBA which will see us double the number of matches being broadcast live in the 2020/2021 season.

The Scottish Women’s Football season had only just begun when the COVID-19 pandemic put a hold on all fixtures from 15th March.   Since the postponement of all football, Scottish Women’s Football (SWF) and the relevant committees have been in regular dialogue with clubs/leagues across the whole of the game to consult and identify a positive way forward.  Following this consultation programme, SWF is pleased to advise that a revised performance calendar has been agreed by clubs and ratified accordingly, moving to a 2020/2021 playing schedule.  As such, the 2020 season has been declared null and void and a new 2020/21 format has been confirmed.  The member clubs accepted to the performance arm in the 2020 affiliation window will continue their involvement in their respective leagues in the new 20/21 schedule. Engagement is ongoing with clubs to determine the longer-term calendar for the performance arm of the game following the move to a more traditional calendar for 2020/2021, enforced by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Scottish Building Society SWPL and Championship clubs will begin their league campaigns on Sunday 18th October, with all leagues concluding by 2nd May 2021. This ensures we are able to nominate Scotland’s representatives to UEFA for the Champions League season 2021/22.  A condensed League Cup competition will take place in May/June. We appreciate the unprecedented circumstances we are currently operating in and note the possibility of further disruption to the calendar, regionally and nationally, should restrictions be re-imposed as a result of COVID-19.   The dates reserved for the League Cup competition will therefore be utilised to conclude the league competitions should this be necessary.  Restrictions within the calendar, and the desire to build in contingencies, mean that there will not be a Scottish Cup competition in the 2020/2021 season. Our club survey concluded, by significant majority, that the preference in the circumstances was to deliver the league cup competition for the 2020/2021 season, where the format guaranteed more games against opposition of a similar calibre.   Full fixture calendars will be released on Friday 21st August.

FIFA transfer windows have been confirmed as 15th July – 6th October and a mid-season window provisionally scheduled for the month of January.

Scottish Women’s Football Chair, Vivienne MacLaren said: “It was imperative that we continued to maintain the momentum generated prior to lockdown and we believe the new 20/21 schedule will allow us to do that. We’d like to thank all our key stakeholders for their commitment and involvement in our consultation discussions over the past 4 months which has led us to a positive outcome for the girls’ and women’s game”.

Scottish Building Society confirmed their commitment to the SWPL in May by continuing their sponsorship of the league, irrespective of the impact of Covid-19.   Kerra McKinnie, Marketing Director at Scottish Building Society said: “We have supported girls’ and women’s football in Scotland for three years and we are determined to maintain that relationship to ensure the SWPL are ready to go when the season resumes”.

In addition to continued sponsorship, SWF’s official broadcast partners, BBC ALBA, have also confirmed their commitment to women’s football by providing an enhanced broadcast schedule to showcase the very best of the league.   Iseabail Mactaggart, Director of Multiplatform Content at MG ALBA confirmed “We will broadcast a further 6 games in addition to the outstanding matches we previously committed to. This takes us to 12 broadcast matches throughout the season. This reaffirms our commitment to growing an audience and providing a platform to showcase the very best of women’s football in Scotland”.

SWF would like to thank all clubs, league representatives, relevant committee members and key stakeholders for their support and input during this challenging time.  We look forward to further discussions with the youth and senior regional leagues in the coming weeks to identify the preferred competition calendars in youth and regional football.

• 3 weeks later...
3fingersreid

Andy Kirk to take over the managers job ? 

apologies just seen it on the transfer page 

Edited by 3fingersreid

On 15/07/2020 at 12:49, SomethingAboutObua said:

The women's league should look at introducing a salary cap. I don't have a problem with Rangers/other clubs making moves to improve themselves (within the rules) thats the whole point, but this is a pretty clear sign that the OF are planning on spending their way to the top of women's football too. They'll easily outspend established teams like Glasgow City, Hibs LFC and Spartans WFC, the fact they can nab him from us when he was already on a pretty good wage for the league says a lot with how much they're going to be willing to spend.

I'm not saying women's football needs to be an SPFL/SFA guinea pig, but if the SWPL wants to grow in Scotland it needs to avoid having the same problems/criticism of the SPFL from the start than wait until its unfixable

That is how Celtic themselves started - taking all Hibs players...Whilst Rangers whole reason for existing is to try to trump Celtic.

Believe me, if one OF was not trying to succeed in women's football then the other wouldn't bother itself with it. 

Perhaps one day we'll hear of Glasgow girls coming home from a poor OF women's result and land their boyfriends in hospital?

• 3 weeks later...
Carl Fredrickson

IF fans are allowed back to games in October, will we be able to go along to HW to watch the womans team? My 5 year old daughter has started football training and loves it. Would love to take her to Tynie but she doesnt like loud noise. Was thinking of introducing her to the Hearts women games first to see how she gets on. 

I have never been to HW so my next questions would then be 1) is it easy to find the facility on the campus 2) is their parking?

Apologies if it sounds like I come from Hamilton. 

Thanks in advance. 

4 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

IF fans are allowed back to games in October, will we be able to go along to HW to watch the womans team? My 5 year old daughter has started football training and loves it. Would love to take her to Tynie but she doesnt like loud noise. Was thinking of introducing her to the Hearts women games first to see how she gets on. 

I have never been to HW so my next questions would then be 1) is it easy to find the facility on the campus 2) is their parking?

Apologies if it sounds like I come from Hamilton. 

Thanks in advance. 

The pitch used is the outside Astro around the back , plenty of parking , if we’re allowed back in its usually free for ST holders , your wee one will go free anyway and the adult charge is a fiver ? 

Carl Fredrickson
3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The pitch used is the outside Astro around the back , plenty of parking , if we’re allowed back in its usually free for ST holders , your wee one will go free anyway and the adult charge is a fiver ? 

Very much appreciated. Not had a season ticket since the family came along but this is hopefully the start of the road back to having family STs. 

Aaron Hughes and Donald Park assisting Women’s coach Andy Kirk this week.

Was told Aaron Hughes Is involved as an academy coach.

Nice to see Parkie still involved with the Hearts academy 

40 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Aaron Hughes and Donald Park assisting Women’s coach Andy Kirk this week.

Was told Aaron Hughes Is involved as an academy coach.

Nice to see Parkie still involved with the Hearts academy 

Donald is top notch.

Delighted the women are getting that level of coaching , it’s going to be a tough season but that’s some experience in the coaching set up 

The danger of associating women's football with existing football clubs is clearly starting to show looking at results

Just look at the gaps appearing in the standards of the women's game in England....the rich are truly leaving the rest behind

This is in danger of being replicated in Scotland if it has not already done so

There are simply not enough playing of a decent standard to produce competitive leagues and as per the man's game the rich are clearing off into the distance..and the rich are the clubs who already are rich in the men's game looking to get that little extra from incorporating women's football not caring if it can even break even but feeling that political correctness/image is top of the agenda.

Edited by CJGJ

Certainly the money being spent in Scotland is being done by celtic and rangers , poaching players from glasgow city and hibs whilst also bringing in players from abroad , paying in some cases bloody good wages . 

As I said previously the biggest thing that will cause damage to the women’s game is moving to calendar dates that are similar to the men’s and boys games. 
I’m not convinced that playing in the winter will suit the younger girls and if some teams are taking a heavy defeat week after week many will struggle to keep going when the weather turns , remember they’re used to playing summer football. . The top league will be okay the SWPL2 possibly okay but the rest I’m not so sure about . 

Given the new coaching set up at Hearts I’m more hopeful now than when the previous coach was here 

• 1 month later...

Tough start in the league today. Rangers who are professional have signed a lot of good players. Changes for Hearts too.

20201018_143123.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tough start in the league today. Rangers who are professional have signed a lot of good players. Changes for Hearts too.

20201018_143123.jpg

Ooh pleased to see one of the subs is a daughter of a mate. 

Huge Dundee fan as well, not that I’ve heard from him for a few days 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Ooh pleased to see one of the subs is a daughter of a mate. 

Huge Dundee fan as well, not that I’ve heard from him for a few days 🤷‍♂️

Nice one

Sitting in a Waitrose car park In Milngavie after dropping my daughter off at Murray Park, not allowed to watch or wait , following twitter updates 

Edited by jbee647

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 0 Glasgow City 2