Hearts Women - Hearts 1 Rangers 0

3fingersreid

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

i said in jest to I8 that they would yesterday after he claimed he’s going. I await the 100 threads and abuse about girls/women being in a football stadium for him.

that aside they should do it at HT and really let them milk it , its well deserved and a great achievement.

Maybe half time is reserved for someone else. 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scnorthedinburgh
3 hours ago, Homme said:

Trials for the girls age groups took place last night. My daughter attended with some of her team. 

Well organised from Hearts. Coaches seems great and made all the girls feel welcome and relaxed. Some potentially good young players out there from what I seen. 

The second set of trials take place on Friday, with those progressing from last night being notified today. I can speak for my daughter that she thoroughly enjoyed the experience regardless of whether she will progress or not. 

Hope she gets through. Nothing better than getting top level coaching at a young age.

Helps you so much regardless of what level or sport you end up at.

21 hours ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Hope she gets through. Nothing better than getting top level coaching at a young age.

Helps you so much regardless of what level or sport you end up at.

She didn't make it through on this occasion. I'm unsure how many they took forward but heartened by the fact there was some really good quality players at the trials. My wee one was solid if unspectacular at the trials and i think she just needed to stand out a wee bit more. If anything she will now have an idea of the standards expected and it'll drive her on even more.

Must have been a few Jambo girls there so good luck to your daughters if any of them are still in the process.

Scnorthedinburgh
On 05/12/2019 at 11:27, Homme said:

She didn't make it through on this occasion. I'm unsure how many they took forward but heartened by the fact there was some really good quality players at the trials. My wee one was solid if unspectacular at the trials and i think she just needed to stand out a wee bit more. If anything she will now have an idea of the standards expected and it'll drive her on even more.

Must have been a few Jambo girls there so good luck to your daughters if any of them are still in the process.

Yep always good being part of the level you want to get to. Good luck to her in the future. Just takes one small thing to change and your in. Skill is easy effort is hard, amazing how many average sportsfolk make the top ahead of the talented.

If you like rugby, or not, tell her about Tom Smith.

2nd team Dundee HSFP to Scotland to the Lions. 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts are updating the squad. Seen a couple of players saying they have left.

Meanwhile Hibs perhaps surprisingly seen to not support their team according to coach who has gone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50802273

Could he Be hinting at a switch to hearts ladies? He’s been very successful has he not? 

Hibs have lost their best player to Chelsea as well which makes closing the gap between us a bit easier. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 19/11/2019 at 08:18, 3fingersreid said:

She certainly harbours international ambitions but she’s never been selected at any level for her country (yet)🤞🏻🤞🏻.
Her main aim is to keep herself and Hearts progressing and trying to challenge the top teams anything else is a bonus . 

I won’t lie there were tears in my eyes , but happy and proud ones 😂😂

FBAD9BFE-5B93-4837-B347-4AA7E92D4640.jpeg

What a pic! Pride and joy personified. Well done to your daughter. Fantastic achievement.

Being told rangers women have signed the hibs goalie and are rumoured to be paying £18k a year 😱😱

Hopefully push them nearer to financial ruin again 

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Being told rangers women have signed the hibs goalie and are rumoured to be paying £18k a year 😱😱

Hopefully push them nearer to financial ruin again 

Do you know why the women are playing in England but not here?  Can only assume their league operates on a completely different timescale.

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Do you know why the women are playing in England but not here?  Can only assume their league operates on a completely different timescale.

Our league runs from March to October , might work for us as we don’t compete with the English leagues 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I wondered if loads would leave despite having won promotion. I assume the budget will be quite a bit bigger for next season so they probably needed to make room for the higher standard of players they can now attract.

29 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Difficult start. Looks like a hard season. Anyone know why Walkingshaw is away? Thought she was a cut above. 

I thought she always looked pretty arrogant and appeared lazy at times.  Always felt the young girl Jenny Smith did all the work for her.  Walkingshaw did score some good goals but I think they will need better for this season.

Murieston Utd u13s are recruiting. I've copied and pasted info below from the advert. Please let anyone you think may be interested know (Murieston are a Hearts affiliated team). 

Screenshot_20200105_132415.thumb.jpg.f891dd216d2fc2f74cfddd5552d741be.jpg

3fingersreid
On 29/12/2019 at 18:39, Ford Prentice said:

Difficult start. Looks like a hard season. Anyone know why Walkingshaw is away? Thought she was a cut above. 

She couldn’t commit to the 4 days  a week training due to her work commitments . 
A good number of the women who have left have chosen to do so through retirement and work . 
Rachel has gone to her local club Livingston . 

Unknown user
On 24/12/2019 at 22:30, Hungry hippo said:

I wondered if loads would leave despite having won promotion. I assume the budget will be quite a bit bigger for next season so they probably needed to make room for the higher standard of players they can now attract.

Budget? I thought they were amateur?

Ford Prentice
5 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

She couldn’t commit to the 4 days  a week training due to her work commitments . 
A good number of the women who have left have chosen to do so through retirement and work . 
Rachel has gone to her local club Livingston . 

Thanks for the info. 4 days a week is more than most men's part time teams. Should help with the step up.

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Budget? I thought they were amateur?

Women's football is moving more and more towards professionalism. Hence clashes with work becoming more common. Anyhow, even amateur teams require a budget as there are costs to be met.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, jambali said:

Women's football is moving more and more towards professionalism. Hence clashes with work becoming more common. Anyhow, even amateur teams require a budget as there are costs to be met.

Of course, but in the context of the conversation it sounded like he was saying we'd have more to spend on players.

3fingersreid
32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Of course, but in the context of the conversation it sounded like he was saying we'd have more to spend on players.

rangers are paying the keeper they signed from hibs around £21k a year . 
celtic &  rangers are going professional this coming season , not sure if it’s full time or part time for them though . I’m guessing both will be well subsidised by their respective clubs tho . 
There was talk of compensation being paid to Scottish clubs when the English clubs sign their top players but I’m not sure what the outcome of that’s been . 

• 4 weeks later...

An interesting story not about Hearts women.

Scotland international Rachel Corsie plays in America and like Scotland its their close season. 

She's actually been training with Hearts Reserves (the men) over the last 3 months. It was set up by Shelley Kerr Scotland head coach and Jambo.

"They have been fantastic, allowing me to train with them, providing me with kit and much more...it has been great for me to play at their speed, at a different level...They are all better than me in terms of things like dribbling ability but in terms of passing and first touch I was absolutely fine". 

She's an Aberdeen fan as well. 

Is there anywhere that names the full squad that is available for sponsoring?

Don't see a full squad on the Hearts website at the moment

10 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Is there anywhere that names the full squad that is available for sponsoring?

Don't see a full squad on the Hearts website at the moment

Hearts have said to phone to check who is available 0131 200 7244.

Squad is being put together.

Up to date pretty much here - 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/hearts-women/playing-squad

Also have signed forward Taylor Hamill (aged 18)

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts have said to phone to check who is available 0131 200 7244.

Squad is being put together.

Up to date pretty much here - 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/hearts-women/playing-squad

Also have signed forward Taylor Hamill (aged 18)

When does their season start?

22 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Mikey do you go to all the games ? 

No, sorry. 

Was just at the Partick game so far. 

No promises. Will say if I go. 

47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No, sorry. 

Was just at the Partick game so far. 

No promises. Will say if I go. 

👍🏻 Was just wondering if I’d spoken to you at a game without realising 

51 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Can she play in goal .

Yes, she lets everything in, except the balls!

(An old joke, but I couldn’t help it).

Edited by MCW1976

Attacking player in midfield or wing.

Aged 24. Born in Perth, Scotland. Moved to USA aged 4, Texas. US college player.

Played for Hibs last few months of last season. 

44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still building up the squad

USA college player, played for Hibs second half of last season.

Will be interesting to see how they do. 

I wonder how we convince these Americans to move over to the Scottish league. I know she was at Hibs last year, but they must have convinced her at some point and we convinced Brill-Edwards last year. I know the visa process is pretty hard for them, so maybe the SFA have a "fixer" who will push through normal working visa's as long as we can find them full time work? Or maybe we just fund their masters?

Either way, it's a great route to go down. Theres a lot of Uni teams in America who's players will stop playing after they graduate, who'd walk into most of the top league teams here.

• 4 months later...
jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

James Anderson doing more than the SPFL and SFA have done in this whole crisis. 

Well done  James.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

James Anderson doing more than the SPFL and SFA have done in this whole crisis. 

Well done  James.

A thought re the womens clubs associated with men's clubs. 

If say Hibs are cutting out everything will they take this money or cut out womens teams.

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A thought re the womens clubs associated with men's clubs. 

If say Hibs are cutting out everything will they take this money or cut out womens teams.

Yeah not thought about that, but that is very true. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 1 Rangers 0