Hearts Women - Hearts 0 Glasgow City 2

3fingersreid

Forever Hearts
Just now, Deek said:

Ok thick ignorant sexist pig who can't see past a men's team? Hope that helps. 

Have we all to say womens football is great with fantastic players and played to a very high standard? I think ladies football is crap, and it has nothing to do with their gender. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3fingersreid
18 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Have we all to say womens football is great with fantastic players and played to a very high standard? I think ladies football is crap, and it has nothing to do with their gender. 

Surely if you say ladies fitba is crap it has to be something to do with gender ? 

Of of course it shouldn’t be excempt from criticism but how far did you go when we beat Cowdenbeath 10-0 ? 

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

It’s funny that you can tell generally who the hobo vermin are on this site and who the general dregs of society are (and the latter don’t always fall into the camp of the former).

I’m not sure what this is referring to, or if it’s just your usual posting template. 

26 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So what if it isn't a fantastic standard?  Scottish football is crap in general, men's and women's.

On the back of this, I'm now looking forward to the Biscuit Cup thread.  Worried about the Motherwell thread though.

• 3 weeks later...
Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They wear football boots just like the men not stilettos! 

You wouldn't think it if you watched them. 😀

doctor jambo
On 11/08/2019 at 21:21, Forever Hearts said:

Quite, tennis etc are the same. The women’s game deserves support until it supports itself . I see no evidence it is impacting us negatively. So why the moan?

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Quite, tennis etc are the same. The women’s game deserves support until it supports itself . I see no evidence it is impacting us negatively. So why the moan?

Just an observation/opinion. Not a moan. 👍

I think it's good we have the women under our umbrella  fair play to them for playing the game they love

That goes for all the womans ice hockey players in the UK, the clubs fans don't have issues with that but maybe not as many dinosaurs at ice hockey eh?

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Just an observation/opinion. Not a moan. 👍

it is a moan.

Hearts are doing something really positive for womens sports.

Yet there are detractors in our fan base, which I cannot really understand.

If folks don't like it- don't watch it.

The detractors use gross generalisations to put it down, but really the base issue is one of sexism.

The same general kerfuffle that envelopes female athletics and tennis etc

"they couldn't compete with the men so why bother with it?"

erm, because it deserves recognition and support in its fledgling years?

We cannot complain about all our women being fat, then when they do sport continuously mock it- I'd rather we stimulated female sport participation for the sake of society as a whole and "normalised" female sporting participation.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Our vocal and well publicise support of womens football already reaping financial benefits. ROFL.

Some of our fans need to give themselves a severe shake.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

it is a moan.

The detractors use gross generalisations to put it down, but really the base issue is one of sexism.

We cannot complain about all our women being fat, then when they do sport continuously mock it- I'd rather we stimulated female sport participation for the sake of society as a whole and "normalised" female sporting participation.

Totally agree (though you may have just inadvertently said that if we support women's sport, they'll get hotter!)

Forever Hearts

Alright, I've had a think about it and decided that ladies football is wonderful, very exciting, has great players (especially the goalkeepers) and from now on I'll be in a bad mood for days if they lose a game. Oh, and I hope we pour millions into it moving forward. 

On 29/08/2019 at 11:07, Forever Hearts said:

Alright, I've had a think about it and decided that ladies football is wonderful, very exciting, has great players (especially the goalkeepers) and from now on I'll be in a bad mood for days if they lose a game. Oh, and I hope we pour millions into it moving forward. 

😂😂. Like me, you wouldn’t open the curtains if it was on in the back garden. It’s woeful. 

19 minutes ago, Hercules said:

😂😂. Like me, you wouldn’t open the curtains if it was on in the back garden. It’s woeful. 

In fairness, if it was the men's team out there, i would probably give it a casual glance at best at the moment.

34 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In fairness, if it was the men's team out there, i would probably give it a casual glance at best at the moment.

I have no argument with that my friend. 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Hearts women get a hard fought  2-1 win against glasgow girls for those who are interested 

Interested, according to some they are just as important as the MENS team.

Hearts women get a hard fought  2-1 win against glasgow girls for those who are interested 

Couldn't care less .get rid complete waste of time and money .another fad that can't finish quick enough 

16 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Couldn't care less .get rid complete waste of time and money .another fad that can't finish quick enough 

It sounds as if you do care a great deal, but very negatively. :D

At least some Hearts teams can win. 

30 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

This type of attitude that is holding the women’s game back. 

28 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

See when I posted interested ..........

34 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Interested, according to some they are just as important as the MENS team.

Not as important but some are interested tho 

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I'm very interested.  Great result.  Promotion here we come.

ToadKiller Dog
1 hour ago, Blackshades said:

Captain Caaaveee maaaannnnnn!!!!!!

Well done the women !!

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

40 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Captain Caaaveee maaaannnnnn!!!!!!

Well done the women !!

Call me what you like .still don't give a s**t

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Harsh, you ever tried walking in heels.

Nah, he just sniffs them. 

25 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Call me what you like .still don't give a s**t

Still posting away on it tho 

We got some more positive attention with Kevin Murphy our womens head on the BBC radio commentary of the Cyprus game. Can't see the replay but tv on Alba is below. 

Stephen Muddie
On 29/08/2019 at 08:55, doctor jambo said:

it is a moan.

Best argument yet for women's football. Surely we all want to see tidier sorts kicking about (if you pardon the pun). Compulsory football for all girls now plz.

Seriously now, I struggle to see what's worth getting worked up over. I'm glad we've got a women's team. Hubs have had one for ages and it'll soon be time to show the flumpettes who the top bitches in Edinburgh are.

11 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Harsh, you ever tried walking in heels.

Each to their own, Doug.

Surprised at you, but dont be ashamed, be what you are.

:lol:

Brauhauser2012

As a football club and as one of the original and pioneering teams of Scotland it is only fitting that we have a women's team. The thought of us trailing behind the Hibs on this makes me physically sick. We need to be the best whatever gender.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

As a football club and as one of the original and pioneering teams of Scotland it is only fitting that we have a women's team. The thought of us trailing behind the Hibs on this makes me physically sick. We need to be the best whatever gender.

You're not serious. You can't be. 

Brauhauser2012
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You're not serious. You can't be. 

Imagine being surrounded by women in Hibs tops. A world where Hibs become the womens dream team. Is that the future you want? F#$k that.

If people watched any of the women's world cup they would have seems some really good football. Some very low quality stuff as well. But the difference over the last three world cups is very, very noticeable.

It will always be different from men's football, but I liked watching the good bits that involved passing of a standard we rarely see in Scotland.

And having good quality women footballers for young girls to aspire to be like isn't a bad thing. I'm glad Hearts are contributing to the improvement of a sport, which is generally speaking coming from a very low and hugely underfunded level.

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Imagine being surrounded by women in Hibs tops. A world where Hibs become the womens dream team. Is that the future you want? F#$k that.

I genuinely couldn't care less if Hibs have a better ladies team than Hearts. In the words of Midge Ure "this means nothing to me"....

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Each to their own, Doug.

Surprised at you, but dont be ashamed, be what you are.

:lol:

Cheers bud i will 👍

Can’t see this sort of crowd happening up here but 31,000 well done the Manchester women’s teams . 

Not sure the goal scored to win the Manc derby -on bbc website- was any better than Hearts women’s first goal last week  ( I may be a bit biased tho) 😉

CA2B376F-D3AF-4745-B52F-6BAE4AEEA8E9.jpeg

Edited by 3fingersreid

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 0 Glasgow City 2