• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Usual I’ll informed p#sh from the usual tiresome I’ll informed attention seekers. Need to educate themselves.  How unsurprising. 

Read anything at all about the history of women’s football and you might get why (rightly) the female players are fiercely proud to wear the jersey and play the game. Now there’s a little acknowledgement- it’s long overdue.  The most pathetic thing is just how viscerally angry some people can get about it- it’s like it’s some attack on masculinity just by acknowledging women’s football might be a good thing - very weird.

no doubt this will receive some of the usual drivel in response ?‍♀️

Hearts doing the right thing in any sense, makes me proud 

Thought I’d pop in to this thread for a wee catch up on how things are going in this department. It’s a shame it’s so cluttered up with ‘hilarious’ misogynistic trolling. ?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, smartinmaroon said:

Usual I’ll informed p#sh from the usual tiresome I’ll informed attention seekers. Need to educate themselves.  How unsurprising. 

Read anything at all about the history of women’s football and you might get why (rightly) the female players are fiercely proud to wear the jersey and play the game. Now there’s a little acknowledgement- it’s long overdue.  The most pathetic thing is just how viscerally angry some people can get about it- it’s like it’s some attack on masculinity just by acknowledging women’s football might be a good thing - very weird.

Stuff reading that. Word spaghetti. 

3fingersreid
47 minutes ago, smartinmaroon said:

Whilst I fully agree with you , the best thing to do is ignore it . Only time that a less than pleasant post is worth replying to is when it’s factually incorrect . 

Hope you can make it up to the Oriam to see some games ??

JamboGraham

I think it is perfectly valid for our football club, in fact for any football club, to invest, develop and encourage a section of the game that is growing in participation, attendance, coverage and funding. It certainly does not seem like an unreasonable thing for a football club to be doing.

For those questioning the validity of this compared to the progress of the men's first team I present a thought. Is it inconceivable that at some point in the future FIFA/UEFA and other governing bodies across the game will require professional football clubs to be fully integrated and inclusive? Is it inconceivable that the ranking/co-efficient for a football club or football nation may not simply rely on the performance of the male teams but rather a combined ranking of both male and female teams?

14 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, I have posted the same on here before.   They need to change the size of the goals.

The goalies are still really crap though.   Pretty much the only thing letting their game down.

I agree! The goals and the pitch should be adjusted accordingly to their size and physical attributes in relation to men. An 11 a side pitch and goals were made with men in mind I think a 9-a side size pitch and goals would be ideal for the women’s game. 

Ive played with a few women international players and other high level women’s players and a lot of them would match the men in 5 a sides and stuff but on big pitches they’d just be too slow. 

Strangely the only one that didn’t apply to was a goalkeeper! The Trinidad and Tobago goalie played at my uni and trained with the boys team and didn’t look out of place. Kimika Forbes is a little over 6 foot tall and ridiculously athletic though. 

56 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Whilst I fully agree with you , the best thing to do is ignore it . Only time that a less than pleasant post is worth replying to is when it’s factually incorrect . 

Hope you can make it up to the Oriam to see some games ??

? best of luck to the team 

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, smartinmaroon said:

Indeed.

It brings up so many insecurities in the weak minded and under-achieving section of society. 

You have to feel sorry for folk who have an issue with women's football. 

52 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Indeed.

It brings up so many insecurities in the weak minded and under-achieving section of society. 

You have to feel sorry for folk who have an issue with women's football. 

Correct. Hit the nail on the head sir.

Shame I can’t tell my ills from my i’lls though (not that I’m a pedant) ?

If we are brutally honest  Hibs have really put us in the shade in this regard and it's great that we are catching up.

I will be very surprised if we are not seeing derbies played on the main grounds in 2 or 3 years time in front of 10,000 plus crowds.

The interest in the women's world cup is very big here.  Women's football has become a major world wide sport.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

If we are brutally honest  Hibs have really put us in the shade in this regard and it's great that we are catching up.

I will be very surprised if we are not seeing derbies played on the main grounds in 2 or 3 years time in front of 10,000 plus crowds.

The interest in the women's world cup is very big here.  Women's football has become a major world wide sport.

Kiwi ladies had a very good result yesterday.

16 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Geez, have ‘some’ posters now turned to the fact we’re “getting with the times” with a woman’s team to have a go at the club?!

Who next Hearty Harry?!

Indeed , mascot money should be spent on upping a players wage. 

Hows things?

12 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Really?

4959634.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

McGinn there to McGinn wi a seasons championship money...? sure he’s had fillers n surgery ?

My daughter played against North Merchiston U14s boys yesterday and lost 2-1. And most of the girls were younger than the boys team. 

A few few of the girls would walk into a lot of boys teams no doubt 

Must admit I'm really looking forward to the World Cup next week.

Sunday Post had a pullout section on the tournament giving it a real good write up and good articles about the players and coaches.

In years to come the Ladies football will be treated with the same respect as Ladies Tennis and Golf.

Why shouldn't half the population be allowed to compete in a sport to their own standard ?

41 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Out of interest are there any hearts woman in the women’s World Cup to look out for ? 

No

We're a bit away from that. Give it a couple of years. 

Coach is a Jambo though. 

53 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No

We're a bit away from that. Give it a couple of years. 

Coach is a Jambo though. 

And Steve Banks is part of the backroom staff GK coach I think 

jamboinglasgow

Nice wee video showing how much the changes in the Hearts women side mean to the players.

Its a good interview with Kevin Murphy. It feels both bold and measured a plan of what they will do. Bold in doing something that no one else does in the country but measured in that they want to build it up till they are ready for a full time basis and build the reputation. I think there can be a benefit that there can be new ideas that come in with new people for the girls academy that can be utilised by the boys academy. Also if we produce both top players of both genders, then club can build a reputation of excellence which can build into the first team mentality (i.e. if you want to be a top player, come to Hearts.)

On 03/06/2019 at 00:20, luckydug said:

Must admit I'm really looking forward to the World Cup next week.

Sunday Post had a pullout section on the tournament giving it a real good write up and good articles about the players and coaches.

In years to come the Ladies football will be treated with the same respect as Ladies Tennis and Golf.

Why shouldn't half the population be allowed to compete in a sport to their own standard ?

There are no restrictions on anyone participating in football.  

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Half time Hearts 8-0 up 

With the Colts winning midweek against Albion rovers it's just the first team we should be worried about then.

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Full time 24-0

Who's the manager?

😈

Edited by scott herbertson

9 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

What a farce. Money we've diverted from the first team for this pish. 

In years to come fans will take pride in the Ladies team.

Just as people got excited by the Ladies World Cup.

One of our teams wins 24-0 and our fans still moan.

If you won 10 grand at the bookies you'd probably complain that the notes were dirty😂

Haringshairband
11 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Give it a rest ffs.

12 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Sexist post

35 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Well done the club for supporting the women!!

iain ferguson
39 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Great point. That Big Hearts thing is also a load of nonsense. Think of all the money we are wasting!

Forever Hearts
44 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Exactly. I couldn't care less if they win every game 24-0 or lose every game 24-0. An absolute joke that we are funding this nonsense. 

It’s funny that you can tell generally who the hobo vermin are on this site and who the general dregs of society are (and the latter don’t always fall into the camp of the former).

Edited by Jammy T

13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Exactly. I couldn't care less if they win every game 24-0 or lose every game 24-0. An absolute joke that we are funding this nonsense. 

You can explain that to all the guys here

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looking to use the ladies team as a reason for poor performance by the men's team is as misguided as it gets 

56 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Explain?

Ok thick ignorant sexist pig who can't see past a men's team? Hope that helps. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 0 Glasgow City 2