Hearts Women - Hearts 0 Glasgow City 2

3fingersreid

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, jake said:

I wasnt aware of that.

Still its growing and our club should be in there.

Would you agree?

No. I wouldn't give them a single penny while the team I actually support is a total shambles. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's great what hearts are doing and how the women's game is progressing. These female players deserve the chance to essentially follow that footballing dream too.

Personally speaking women's football is not my cup of tea. That's not slagging anyone off, but personally I'm not going to sit and watch a woman's game. 

But good that there is an option there amongst the hearts FC community that those who do enjoy it can watch.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No. I wouldn't give them a single penny while the team I actually support is a total shambles. 

Ok.

And shambles is a tad ott.

Let's agree to disagree mate.

Although I agree with you on what should be done to fix your ott views better not take this thread down that route.

I think Hearts investment in womens football will pay dividends .

1 minute ago, mscjambo said:

It's great what hearts are doing and how the women's game is progressing. These female players deserve the chance to essentially follow that footballing dream too.

Personally speaking women's football is not my cup of tea. That's not slagging anyone off, but personally I'm not going to sit and watch a woman's game. 

But good that there is an option there amongst the hearts FC community that those who do enjoy it can watch.

Well said .

3fingersreid
20 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If it wasn't for freebies and low admission prices the crowd wouldn't have been anywhere near that. 

There was also low prices and freebies when the 4,000 at st mirren set the previous record . Your logic could be applied to the cheap season tickets at Tynecastle for kids could it not ? 

Maybe the low admission price is the correct price , something the men’s game might want to think about . 

26 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If it wasn't for freebies and low admission prices the crowd wouldn't have been anywhere near that. 

The mens team do similar things for friendlies, with freebies for school kids etc :whistling:

Forever Hearts
21 minutes ago, jake said:

Ok.

And shambles is a tad ott.

Let's agree to disagree mate.

Although I agree with you on what should be done to fix your ott views better not take this thread down that route.

I think Hearts investment in womens football will pay dividends .

Two 6th place finishes, eye bleeding football and utter donkeys tied up in expensive, long term contracts suggests to me it's a shambles. But I'm out on this thread as I'm taking it off track. 

23 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So they did exactly what hearts have done for league cup games and friendlies , your point is nonsense ,

I get it the woman’s game isn’t for you , but to ignore half the population and not want our club to be involved for what seems at best outdated reasons is mental , 

hearts woman have fantastic players and coaches and a structure that mirrors the men and boys I for one am excited to see where it takes them , hopefully promotion and a chance to play in Europe , 

Famous 1874

Is there significant money in the women game to actually suggest that investing in it is worthwhile? Genuine question 

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Is there significant money in the women game to actually suggest that investing in it is worthwhile? Genuine question 

Why does it have to be about money? 

Famous 1874
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Why does it have to be about money? 

If we are making significant losses then surely there isn’t much point investing in it? Along with the fact that the priority - the men’s team is failing dramatically

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

If we are making significant losses then surely there isn’t much point investing in it? Along with the fact that the priority - the men’s team is failing dramatically

Are we making significant losses? The budget for the men's team isn't being affected by the ladies team. 

4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The men's team isn't failing because of a lack of money that's for sure

On 30/05/2019 at 08:46, FarmerTweedy said:

So, for all eternity then?

Just saw this ????

2 hours ago, jake said:

20,000 I believe for a midweek friendly for Scotlands women.

Anyone who thinks Hearts investment in the promotion of football for women doesnt imo love the game or respect their loved ones who are women.

And on a purely financial note.

Its savvy. 

Agreed

2 hours ago, jake said:

As the owner of a very large appendage this may have held me back as a quality midfielder.

Honest .

?

Yer some guy i8 .

Never held me back. ??

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Just saw this ????

Agreed

Never held me back. ??

Your nose is huge.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Your nose is huge.

??? ears , nose and feet so appendages if im honest...Like the offspring of Big Ears , Gollum and a clown running through the middle. Great for headers though. Jump and hover til needed ?? Never lost one yet. 

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, jake said:

20,000 I believe for a midweek friendly for Scotlands women.

Anyone who thinks Hearts investment in the promotion of football for women doesnt imo love the game or respect their loved ones who are women.

And on a purely financial note.

Its savvy. 

10000 free tickets?  It was a very high number as school kids and their parents were getting in for nothing.  If it was not free how many then?  Not trying to be too negative but facts are facts.  The SFA need to show big numbers as attendees for these types of games to grab the public's attention.  

2 hours ago, jake said:

As the owner of a very large appendage this may have held me back as a quality midfielder.

Honest .

?

Yer some guy i8 .

I used mine to my advantage. Gave me an extra leg to kick with.

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Time will tell I suppose.

The world cup will raise the profile though.

30 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

10000 free tickets?  It was a very high number as school kids and their parents were getting in for nothing.  If it was not free how many then?  Not trying to be too negative but facts are facts.  The SFA need to show big numbers as attendees for these types of games to grab the public's attention.  

I wasnt aware of this.

Still think Hearts need to get on board .

We are a football club .

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, jake said:

I wasnt aware of this.

Still think Hearts need to get on board .

We are a football club .

Yeah agree but playing in front of limited numbers mean any club, or Scotland need to have their price structures well thought out and also the venues need to suit.  It will be better in the long run to get those right as it would mean reasonable crowds in the right setting.

14 minutes ago, jake said:

Time will tell I suppose.

The world cup will raise the profile though.

Not being funny man but the women's game has been around for years. If we are, in 2019 sitting around still waiting for its profile to be raised I am going to concede that we may be flogging a dead horse. I know it makes Ann Budge feel all warm inside doing this kinda thing but if we are all honest (something many struggle with) no-one really gives a fiddler's **** about it. For all the great strides we have taken off the field we have without doubt taken our eye off the ball on it and we are getting worse on it with every passing week.  It is time to drop the projects and focus on what we all started supporting this team for.....the men's first team.

Edited by i8hibsh

Bridge of Djoum

It's nice that JKB provides a safe environment for the Incels to meet. 

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Last goal was a cracker.

Other 3 were goalkeeper howlers as usual.

Best goal this season so far has to be Claire’s v Hutchie Vale its absolute pearler right in the top bin....Hit it from Dundee too ??

John Findlay

I suggest those that didn't do so catch on the BBC I player the documentary that was on last night on the new BBC Scotland channel all about the Scotland Women who have qualified the women's world cup in France which kicks off next week. Trust me the men that get picked to represent Scotland could learn a thing or two about what it means to represent your country. It was imho an excellent hour of television.

First game next Sunday the 9th against England. Live on the BBC from 4.30pm.

Games to follow against Japan and Argentina.

To cap it all their manager is a massive Jambo. Shelly Kerr.

COME ON SCOTLAND.

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I used mine to my advantage. Gave me an extra leg to kick with.

Explains why the blood doesn’t reach your brain to think sometimes ?

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not being funny man but the women's game has been around for years. If we are, in 2019 sitting around still waiting for its profile to be raised I am going to concede that we may be flogging a dead horse. I know it makes Ann Budge feel all warm inside doing this kinda thing but if we are all honest (something many struggle with) no-one really gives a fiddler's **** about it. For all the great strides we have taken off the field we have without doubt taken our eye off the ball on it and we are getting worse on it with every passing week.  It is time to drop the projects and focus on what we all started supporting this team for.....the men's first team.

There is plenty room for both all our projects and the mens team. The women's team is hardly a project though and plenty people give a **** about women's football. The women’s game has come on massively the last few years and does us no harm getting in at the grass roots of it. The only people who complain are the likes of yourself. 

jambopilms
6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Last goal was a cracker.

Other 3 were goalkeeper howlers as usual.

The goals are too big for the average size woman to reach high shots. I have seen many crackers hit in the woman's games but only go in because the keepers just can't reach.

John Findlay

Just to further add. In the past 5 years the number of women playing football  in Scotland has doubled from 7,000 to just over 14,000.  Personally think over the next 5 years that will increase to 30,000 plus. Anything that gets young lassies playing sport is all good in my book.

Edited by John Findlay

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Explains why the blood doesn’t reach your brain to think sometimes ?

There is plenty room for both all our projects and the mens team. The women's team is hardly a project though and plenty people give a **** about women's football. The women’s game has come on massively the last few years and does us no harm getting in at the grass roots of it. The only people who complain are the likes of yourself. 

Well obviously being a racist bigot who despises women I feel they should not leave the kitchen. Get with it man.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Just to further add. In the past 5 years the number of women playing football has doubled from 7,000 to just over 14,000.  Personally think over the next 5 years that will increase to 30,000 plus. Anything that gets young lassies playing sport is all good in my book.

Agreed. I want everyone to play football. Doesn't mean they are good enough to justify the billing they are starting to get though.

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Agreed. I want everyone to play football. Doesn't mean they are good enough to justify the billing they are starting to get though.

Men and women teams represent Heart of Midlothian, do you not want the club to succeed at all levels including youth development?

Just now, kila said:

Men and women teams represent Heart of Midlothian, do you not want the club to succeed at all levels including youth development?

Was going to post that. There is a joy in every team representing Hearts doing well

Just now, kila said:

I could not give a shiny one about having a successful ladies team no.

Bridge of Djoum
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I could not give a shiny one about having a successful ladies team no.

Why post so often on a subject you are at pains to point out you don't care about?

17 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Why post so often on a subject you are at pains to point out you don't care about?

Tbf he says that about Hearts in general ?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, sadj said:

Tbf he says that about Hearts in general ?

Yep.

Utterly bizarre behavior.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Ach yer minds made up.

Ann Budge will probably get a warm fuzzy feeling from the fact that the vast majority appreciate what she has done .

By the way what are these projects you speak of?

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

The goals are too big for the average size woman to reach high shots. I have seen many crackers hit in the woman's games but only go in because the keepers just can't reach.

Yeah, I have posted the same on here before.   They need to change the size of the goals.

The goalies are still really crap though.   Pretty much the only thing letting their game down.

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Attention

This might be a daft question but say we developed a female player that Arsenal or Chelsea ladies teams wanted to take on, is the transfer system the same as men’s football i.e. we’d get a transfer fee of some sort?

Edited by Jammy T

Womens football has become massive all over the world.  I want to Hearts catch up and we are well on the way.

I can envisage Cup games played at Tnecastle where thousands of free tickets are handed out through schools, guides etc.

Yet another way we can grow the profile of the club.

Once again, kudos to Ann Budge.  This compliments the mens team.  It certainly doesnt detract from it in any way.

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

This might be a daft question but say we developed a female player that Arsenal or Chelsea ladies teams wanted to take on, is the transfer system the same as men’s football i.e. we’d get a transfer fee of some sort?

At the minute no however there are plans for compensation payments mainly because the teams up here are still amateur . 

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, I have posted the same on here before.   They need to change the size of the goals.

The goalies are still really crap though.   Pretty much the only thing letting their game down.

I’ve always said the goals are too big , can’t see that changing tho . 

Can anyone remember the goal we lost to motherwell this season , strange as a male professional football player shouldn’t do that should they ? 

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Attention

That and a horrible inferiority complex. Let’s face it, these women have achieved more in their lives than the detractors ever will. 

FACT. 

The Future's Maroon

Geez, have ‘some’ posters now turned to the fact we’re “getting with the times” with a woman’s team to have a go at the club?!

Who next Hearty Harry?!

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but having a football mad daughter (who I have no doubt will go on to play at a very good level one day) some attitudes are disappointing to see. 

Thankfully the coaches who invest time in girls and women's football aren't so short sighted. 

I for one can't wait to head out in the morning and watch her team hopefully win their 8th game out of 8 this season (after their invincible season last year) 

jamboinglasgow
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Anyone with doubts about the womens team should read this to get how much it means for the players to represent Hearts.

queensferryjambo
On 29/04/2019 at 08:56, i8hibsh said:

Breasts are not exactly something that a keeper would feel help their game. 

Really?

4959634.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 0 Glasgow City 2