33 years later will we stop the treble treble

Masonic

3 minutes ago, Masonic said:

is it written in the stars?

Having seen the tears and snotters when we smashed them to end their unbeaten run, there's not much more I'd want in life to smash them in a cup final! 

That said, hopefully the Dons beat us to it in the semi. 

Gorgie_Rules

Lennon starting the season at hibs, only to end it by blowing the treble treble against us on the last match, stuff dreams are made of.

Craig Herbertson

People will laugh but when we saved the club I said we would win the league in five years. That's next season. There are a number of reasons, not least of which is that I am a romantic dreamer with no sense of reality. But I did think that the business acumen of Mrs Budge would put us in a position of relative strength in relation to the Glasgow twins. It would take a season where we had built a great side and they had problems. That is next season.

One thing that Leicester showed us all that it is never to late to dream.

1 hour ago, Craig Herbertson said:

People will laugh but when we saved the club I said we would win the league in five years. That's next season. There are a number of reasons, not least of which is that I am a romantic dreamer with no sense of reality. But I did think that the business acumen of Mrs Budge would put us in a position of relative strength in relation to the Glasgow twins. It would take a season where we had built a great side and they had problems. That is next season.

I've been telling my nephew for a while that 2021 will be our title winning year. The same gap from 1960 that there was from 1897.

It's written in the stars, I tell you.

I'd take it next season, though. 

Craig Herbertson
15 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Final is in Glasgow. No.

Never say never.

Spoiler
Spoiler

22 minutes ago, martoon said:

I've been telling my nephew for a while that 2021 will be our title winning year. The same gap from 1960 that there was from 1897.

The same gap from 1897-1958, I meant. 

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Hate to be pedantic and burst your dream, but we won the league in 1958... obviously repeating the achievement in 1960

sorry just noticed your amendment 

Edited by jbee647

North Berwick Jambo

Aberdeen in the final = WIN 2-1 in 90mins

Celtic in the final = 1-1 aet WIN on Pens ?

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

16 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Hate to be pedantic and burst your dream, but we won the league in 1958... obviously repeating the achievement in 1960

sorry just noticed your amendment 

:lol:

The dream is alive and well my friend. 

Stephen Muddie
4 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Lennon starting the season at hibs, only to end it by blowing the treble treble against us on the last match, stuff dreams are made of.

100% this. Believe 

The ref will decide who wins the  last game of the season........... that's what Scottish football is all about. 

Stephen Muddie
48 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'll take pumping either of these 2 Jeremy Hunts in the final for some payback for 86.

And this too... Either one will do. Got to get past caley but i'd rather beat either of those two than anyone else barring the hubz

Despite our inconsistency, wouldn't the climax to this year's title be fantastic if Celtic and rangers weren't in it.

On reflection, you could probably say this about most seasons.

Why cant they ruin someone else's league.

On 31/03/2019 at 19:10, Ibiza Jambo said:

I'm not sure I could take a penalty shootout in the final.  The Gretna Cup Final was torture, and I even get nervous watching other neutral teams when it goes to pens :lol:

Would much, much rather beat them in 90 minutes!

Ron Burgundy

Aberdeen are realistically the only team capable of stopping the treble treble.

Celtic, Glasgow, big pitch. Leveins away tactics for the Old Firm in Glasgow ( or any away fixture).

It's a million to one shot.

OmiyaHearts

I'm not so sure we'll even make the final. If we do, then it has to be v Aberdeen or we have no chance.

OmiyaHearts
7 minutes ago, jambokev said:

If Celtic are in the final the ref will ensure the treble treble :sick: is achieved .....SFA corrupt to the core !

Hi kev. Why did the corrupt sfa not ensure victory for Celtic in the 2012 semi final?

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Hi kev. Why did the corrupt sfa not ensure victory for Celtic in the 2012 semi final?

Don't know, but they make sure they give them the majority of decisions (surely you agree with that ?).That's why Celtic are big fish in Scotland and big pish in Europe !

OmiyaHearts
Just now, jambokev said:

Don't know, but they make sure they give them the majority of decisions (surely you agree with that ?).That's why Celtic are big fish in Scotland and big pish in Europe !

I think all fans feel refs give the opposition teams more decisions.

When you're playing well and winning, you never feel like the ref has it in for you.

Cruyff Turn

We will have absolutely no chance of beating Celtic at Hampden in a final.

Look at us last night ffs? We absolutely shat it, we were all over the place, tactically awful, we practically laid down in the first 20 minutes.

Aberdeen, might beat them but they’ll have to be at their very best. 

We might not even beat Inverness anyway. They’ve probably got a better chance of beating Celtic because Robbo knows how to attack and isn’t mired in negativity like Levein. 

23 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'm not so sure we'll even make the final. If we do, then it has to be v Aberdeen or we have no chance.

I agree with you apart from the no chance bit, If we get past Inverness and play Celtic in the final we must have a chance albeit a very very small one. If it happens I'll be there just in case something upsets the applecart and we win the thing but in reality c'mon Aberdeen! 

rudi must stay

33 years on and Wighton will be manager, having previous managed Barca, and will quit them due to stress 

Then he will do an iconic job, similar to Alex McDonald, winning a vast array of silverware for Hearts 

So yes and you can take that to the bank

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We will have absolutely no chance of beating Celtic at Hampden in a final.

Look at us last night ffs? We absolutely shat it, we were all over the place, tactically awful, we practically laid down in the first 20 minutes.

Aberdeen, might beat them but they’ll have to be at their very best. 

We might not even beat Inverness anyway. They’ve probably got a better chance of beating Celtic because Robbo knows how to attack and isn’t mired in negativity like Levein. 

Levein always has and always will lie down in Glasgow. If Celtic get to the final against us someone should tell Levein if he wants hearts to have any chance of winning he should leave.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Levein always has and always will lie down in Glasgow. If Celtic get to the final against us someone should tell Levein if he wants hearts to have any chance of winning he should leave.

But he's got Derek McInnes in his back pocket so when Aberdeen put Celtic out next weekend we will have a very good chance.

On 31/03/2019 at 14:49, Gorgie_Rules said:

?? love it

AlphonseCapone
On 31/03/2019 at 15:01, Craig Herbertson said:

I'd ordinarily laugh at any form of written in the stars logic for the ridiculousness of it but I’ve said to myself on numerous occasions after a shite season that I'm definitely not renewing next season only to convince myself that it's possible we could win the league the following year by some fluke coming together of circumstances and how would I feel if that was the season I didn't renew! Those thoughts will see me renew for the rest of my life if the last 15 are anything to go by. 

gashauskis9
On 31/03/2019 at 18:45, ri Alban said:

I'll take pumping either of these 2 Jeremy Hunts in the final for some payback for 86.

Triple threat, winner takes all would settle that.

gashauskis9
13 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I suspect his response would be “never mind, you’ll see a different team/approach for the first game of next season”.

Austin MacGlee

This is all a bit Hibs before the 2012 final imo. Obviously we have a great chance given it's ICT we play in the semi...but "written in the stars" doesn't equate to quality of player, manager tactics, referee performance and luck on the day... on the other hand...WE'RE GOING TO DO IT! FTOF!

letsalldothebeattie

Just like with the unbeaten run under Rogers I said it then that we would end that run and we did and I’ve said it since we’ve made it to the semis we will end the treble treble

On 31/03/2019 at 19:10, Ibiza Jambo said:

Aberdeen in the final = WIN 2-1 in 90mins

And Scott Brown misses the crucial pen. 

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

But he's got Derek McInnes in his back pocket so when Aberdeen put Celtic out next weekend we will have a very good chance.

At home, he hasn’t won a point at Pittodrie yet.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

At home, he hasn’t won a point at Pittodrie yet.

Thankfully the final isn't there. 

Be a bit biased.