Tonight's Games

martoon

Crazy the difference in feeling around the club between the last time we played Aberdeen at home and now. Feels like years ago that game. 

Edited by lsimp77

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• RudiHMFC

• Bull's-eye

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This season has collapsed spectacularly. The form since November has been relegation like and there are no signs at all of anything changing. I fear it won’t end well. So depressing after the start we had. 

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's like those hibs goals flicked a switch on here :lol:

I imagine people are feeling aggrieved that Hearts have chucked a sizeable lead over that shite because of a refusal from the board to make a decision they're not comfortable making.

Might just be me, though.

Posters salivating about a Hibs game in desperation to have a pop at Levein.

Seriously, no shame.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, lsimp77 said:

Crazy the difference in feeling around the club between the last time we played Aberdeen at home and now. Feels like years ago that game. 

Compare the atmosphere leading up to the League Cup semi-final to the atmosphere around the club in the run up to the Scottish Cup semi-final.

1 minute ago, Gavman81 said:

This season has collapsed spectacularly. The form since November has been relegation like and there are no signs at all of anything changing. I fear it won’t end well. So depressing after the start we had. 

The start we had with Levein in charge it is worth noting.

Just now, lsimp77 said:

Correct. At halftime during that game Tynie was absolutely bouncing. We had comprehensively outplayed them and it could have been 3/4 -0 to us with Levein running on the pitch and fans chanting his name. Really sad how’s its all petering out to absolute crap. 

Just now, Harry Potter said:

And if we win the cup, still going. ?

Hope so, we'll finish 6th, we won't win the cup and he'll still be here.

johnking123

We are going to finish 6th. Cup is our only chance of Europe. We better hope st Johnston don't win all there games. It will be bottom six for us.

1 minute ago, Gavman81 said:

Correct. At halftime during that game Tynie was absolutely bouncing. We had comprehensively outplayed them and it could have been 3/4 -0 to us with Levein running on the pitch and fans chanting his name. Really sad how’s its all petering out to absolute crap. 

That away game vs Dundee was the best I’d felt about Hearts in a long time. Felt like we could be on the brink of something special. 

Edited by lsimp77

Nookie Bear
Just now, Artful Dodger said:

The desperation to believe anybody listens to your pish ?????

Bit of self-reflection there, Arty?

:P

2 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

That away game vs Dundee was the best I’d felt about Hearts in a long time. Felt like we could be on the brink of something special. 

Agree. Shocking how negative everything now is. Semi final at Hampden and we’re all bricking it from ICT after beating them 5-0. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
2 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

Agree. Shocking how negative everything now is. Semi final at Hampden and we’re all bricking it from ICT after beating them 5-0. 

I am just concentrating on the cup in my head, anything we do league wise is a bonus. I knew this place would be like this tonight if Hibs went on to win.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Why?

Because people seem to be determined to pin everything on Levein. As if none of the injuries and other problems we have had this season have had nothing to do with our on field performances. It's also blatantly obvious that some on here are giving it Levein out simply because it is Levein and they don't like him and will use anything they can as a stick to beat him with. 

Fair enough as hearts fans we set the bar high but making it to 2 cup semis and a European spot would be considered a decent season. I expect us to make it to the final of the Scottish cup so that is one better again.

Inch Hearts
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nope, we enquired about McNulty in January and were told he wouldn't be moving back to Scotland. His sitation changed later in the month just as hibs asked the same question - source, McNulty in interview. 

Mcnulty was going to Hibs from October.  Sure he said in another interview he was going regardless of Lennon leaving and I think he will end up at Celtic.  

You watch the ***** banging in goals all last year and how can’t we get someone like that on loan? Even if we enquired he signed for Hibs managerless.  We sit dying for a striker. It’s criminal.  

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

The desperation to believe anybody listens to your pish ?????

Do shut up you wind up merchant prick.

Edited by Inch Hearts

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Bauld said:

Because people seem to be determined to pin everything on Levein. As if none of the injuries and other problems we have had this season have had nothing to do with our on field performances. It's also blatantly obvious that some on here are giving it Levein out simply because it is Levein and they don't like him and will use anything they can as a stick to beat him with. 

Fair enough as hearts fans we set the bar high but making it to 2 cup semis and a European spot would be considered a decent season. I expect us to make it to the final of the Scottish cup so that is one better again.

But why should we focus on the, albeit fantastic, initial three months of the season and ignore the rest of his tenure in charge of the football club? Injuries or not, he's paid to win football matches.

I don't dislike Levein as a person, far from it. Wouldn't begrudge him a place in the boardroom when he goes as a thank you for all he's done for the club in his lifetime. But it's not good enough and it's not been good enough for 75% of his 2nd spell in charge. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, Artful Dodger said:

Hibs win........Leveins fault.........?????????

No. Hibs go above us, leveins fault. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Mcnulty was going to Hibs from October.  Sure he said in another interview he was going regardless of Lennon leaving and I think he will end up at Celtic.  

You watch the ***** banging in goals all last year and how can’t we get someone like that on loan? Even if we enquired he signed for Hibs managerless.  We sit dying for a striker. It’s criminal.  

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/marc-mcnulty-reveals-interest-from-hearts-prior-to-joining-hibs-on-loan-1-4895239

There was a wee bit of interest - I had a couple of conversations with someone at Hearts and that was at the start of the window. I said that I didn’t really want to come back up to Scotland at the time, which I didn’t – I wanted to stay down the road. But things changed and by then Hearts had moved on or whatever. It took me a while to decide on whether to come back up the road because there’s a lot of things that you need to think about.

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

No. Hibs go above us, leveins fault. 

Is the season finished...my apologies, I didn't realise. 

rick witter
1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Let’s bookmark that and revisit at the end of the season and see what you think then. Ok with you? 

6 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Hibs win........Leveins fault.........?????????

Of course it's leveins fault. Baffled how any hearts fan can defend him. If it's was anyone else in charge the whole hearts support would have been calling for his head after getting beat by Livingston 5-0. Never mind getting beat by teams like Dundee etc at home after that. 

Admittedly, I read the post wrong and thought you meant hibs go above us...leveins fault

I still want him out though 

Edited by speaker

Just now, rick witter said:

Let’s bookmark that and revisit at the end of the season and see what you think then. Ok with you? 

Do what you like, I can guarantee you I wont be worrying about Hibs......ever.

8 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Because people seem to be determined to pin everything on Levein. As if none of the injuries and other problems we have had this season have had nothing to do with our on field performances. It's also blatantly obvious that some on here are giving it Levein out simply because it is Levein and they don't like him and will use anything they can as a stick to beat him with. 

Correct, and as predicted by the OP (below).

6 hours ago, martoon said:

Hopefully a defeat for the Lochend trailblazing, flairmeisters. Also hope that even if they do win tonight JKB won't descend into another night of getting the boots into Hearts/CL  If they do leapfrog us we can't do anything to rectify it until tomorrow. 

Anyway, Livi 2 Hibs 0 tonight and Hearts to go five clear tomorrow. 

:spoton: 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I am more with Artful Dodger on things, watch the change in this place if we get 3 points tomorrow. Let's get behind the team

1 minute ago, speaker said:

Of course it's leveins fault. Baffled how any hearts fan can defend him. If it's was anyone else in charge the whole hearts support would have been calling for his head after getting beat by Livingston 5-0. Never mind getting beat by teams like Dundee etc at home after that. 

Exactly, I actually think it's strange that folk are happy to defend the manager, the team is shite and we only ever get worse.

2 minutes ago, speaker said:

Of course it's leveins fault. Baffled how any hearts fan can defend him. If it's was anyone else in charge the whole hearts support would have been calling for his head after getting beat by Livingston 5-0. Never mind getting beat by teams like Dundee etc at home after 

I can't wait for the game tomorrow ?

The Internet

Hibs are on an abnormally good run but they shouldn't be anywhere near us. The amount of points we've dropped to that bottom 3 in particular is pretty bad, only got ourselves to blame for that. I do have a bit of sympathy for levein with the amount of injuries he's had to deal with but it's no excuse for some of the games we've chucked. 

Craig Levein would have been dismissed from any other club 

with the record since the end of October if he likes the club

so much then do the honourable thing and go now

Just now, Hairdryer said:

Shut up.

33 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Come on. Let's be serious here, it will be like watching the walking dead as usual at Tynecastle tomorrow.

Don't say that.  I'm depressed enough as it is.

I remember speculating just a few weeks ago whether hibs could get relegated.

Since we drew 2-2 against Hibs, watching Hearts has been absolutely horrific, other than the odd game here and there - 4-0 Celtic, 4-1 Rangers and the 3 Derby wins. 

Its been three seasons of absolute rubbish 

30 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I imagine people are feeling aggrieved that Hearts have chucked a sizeable lead over that shite because of a refusal from the board to make a decision they're not comfortable making.

Might just be me, though.

Probably

Just now, Morgan said:

Shut up.

NO...YOU ****IN SHUT UP...YOU LEFT THE COUNTRY BECAUSE OF LEVEIN FFS. 

3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

NO...YOU ****IN SHUT UP...YOU LEFT THE COUNTRY BECAUSE OF LEVEIN FFS. 

:biggrin:

Borders Jambo
4 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

You my friend are an idiot. Hibs supporters I know would love to still be in with a chance of the cup.