Cardi B

luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

That song is ****ing terrible. Beyond terrible. Sounds like the type of shite lil pump would put out. 

Rap/hip hop is on a major downward spiral. 

Should be bombed from space just to make sure. I'd hate to hear the worst track.

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

She's no M.I.A

Different sort of artist i guess. Saw her live at Sonar a few years back and it was absolutely abysmal. Just an absolute dirge with her shrieking over the top incoherently.

I do rate her though. Hombre is an incredible tune. Her studio stuff is on point. Great songwriting and production too.

4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Different sort of artist i guess. Saw her live at Sonar a few years back and it was absolutely abysmal. Just an absolute dirge with her shrieking over the top incoherently.

I do rate her though. Hombre is an incredible tune. Her studio stuff is on point. Great songwriting and production too.

Yeah don't rate her live one tiny bit but i do enjoy her polished up / well produced stuff. She's probably my favourite female artist.

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yeah don't rate her live one tiny bit but i do enjoy her polished up / well produced stuff. She's probably my favourite female artist.

We were all looking forward to seeing her live set then when it started we kind of stared in disbelief for about half an hour before going to see something else. :laugh: Damn it was bad.

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Whatever you're into i guess.

I like trap. Sounds pretty good to me.

There's so much amazing hiphop coming out right now. Have you bothered to look or do you just listen to the odd shite mumble rap tune and imagine it all to be like that?

Yeah, you're right. I simply don't have the patience to stick with these new artists. 

I'm firmly old school. Wu tang, mobb deep,biggie, nas, pharcyde......

Going to see wu tang, public enemy and de la soul next month. 

I do like some of the stuff odd future did. As well as asap rocky. 

We were all looking forward to seeing her live set then when it started we kind of stared in disbelief for about half an hour before going to see something else. :laugh: Damn it was bad.

Always a gutter when someone you quite like is shite live. Worse when you've convinced folk it'll be awesome :lol:

I was right into Crystal Castles and whilst the live music was on point, Alice Glass shrieking constantly over it was awful. Yet it works on an album.

MIA is similar. I've only managed to ever sit through her Glastonbury set from a few years back. That was enough.

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

Yeah, you're right. I simply don't have the patience to stick with these new artists. 

I'm firmly old school. Wu tang, mobb deep,biggie, nas, pharcyde......

Going to see wu tang, public enemy and de la soul next month. 

I do like some of the stuff odd future did. As well as asap rocky. 

The 90s / boom bap era is my favourite too. There is loads of good new stuff, not just with trap drums. Denzel Curry, Vince Staples, FlatBush Zombies, new Earl Sweatshirt LP are all decent stuff.

The new Cypress Hill LP is great too. They keep it consistently high quality but Muggs will be making amazing beats until he drops dead.

William H. Bonney

The 90s / boom bap era is my favourite too. There is loads of good new stuff, not just with trap drums. Denzel Curry, Vince Staples, FlatBush Zombies, new Earl Sweatshirt LP are all decent stuff.

The new Cypress Hill LP is great too. They keep it consistently high quality but Muggs will be making amazing beats until he drops dead.

Didn't realise cypress hill had a new lp. 

I actually quite liked cardi b's verse in a Bruno mars song. She had an 80s vibe going on. 

John Findlay
22 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Meh. It goes as far as your moral sensibilities are willing to let it go.

I know people who have been robbed by strippers and hookers.

You know the risks, you take the chance, you shouldn't be surprised when you get stung.

That goes for women too who use male strippers and male hooked? 

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That goes for women too who use male strippers and male hooked? 

What's good for the goose, John.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Have they done away with the rock stuff?  Think that was the last time I bought a Cypress Hill album.  In hindsight, it was a great idea, two C.D's, one of them the same tunes but done with guitars and drums. 

Anyway, would be interested to see if they would go back to their early 90's stuff.  Used to love their Latin American and old funk samples.  Some of their tunes were trippy as **** after you had partaken in a few buckets :rofl: 

Edited by Salad Fingers

I read this out of curiosity.  I wanted to know what a 'Cardi B' was.

Still none the wiser.  At no pint in my life has that name and my mind crossed paths till now.

Edited by i8hibsh

luckyBatistuta

The way this thread has turned out, has for me, highlighted exactly what I was alluding to. The fact it’s a woman drugging and robbing a man, it’s a case of...nothing to see here, move along.

The Internet
52 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Still none the wiser.  At no pint in my life has that name and my mind crossed paths till now.

Thanks for the update. 

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

And that's a lot of pints. 

16 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

And that's a lot of pints. 

About £750,000 worth

:verysmug:

Plenty pics of her stripping routine, fake diddies and tats, lezzie act.  Add in a bit John robbing. Classy chic. 

Edited by JackLadd

10 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Didn't realise cypress hill had a new lp. 

I actually quite liked cardi b's verse in a Bruno mars song. She had an 80s vibe going on. 

Cypress Hill - Elephants on Acid. Great LP. Well worth buying. Not sure I've ever heard a Bruno Mars song before. I work with hundreds of Pinoy nurses though and they all seem to love him. 

9 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Have they done away with the rock stuff?  Think that was the last time I bought a Cypress Hill album.  In hindsight, it was a great idea, two C.D's, one of them the same tunes but done with guitars and drums. 

Anyway, would be interested to see if they would go back to their early 90's stuff.  Used to love their Latin American and old funk samples.  Some of their tunes were trippy as **** after you had partaken in a few buckets :rofl: 

Lots of psychedelic samples and weird, trippy effects. I guess Indian and Thai sounding samples too.

To me, it sounds most like Temples of Boom. You know the track "Illusions?" Kind of like that.

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The way this thread has turned out, has for me, highlighted exactly what I was alluding to. The fact it’s a woman drugging and robbing a man, it’s a case of...nothing to see here, move along.

Indeed. It's an indictment of modern society that so many people are making excuses for her abhorrent behaviour.

William H. Bonney
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Cypress Hill - Elephants on Acid. Great LP. Well worth buying. Not sure I've ever heard a Bruno Mars song before. I work with hundreds of Pinoy nurses though and they all seem to love him. 

Rod Stewart thinks one of his songs is the best pop song of all time. 

Rod Stewart is a dick. 

Bruno mars is an ever bigger dick. 

Салатные палочки
9 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Lots of psychedelic samples and weird, trippy effects. I guess Indian and Thai sounding samples too.

To me, it sounds most like Temples of Boom. You know the track "Illusions?" Kind of like that.

Nice.  I loved Temples of Boom. After the first album, which was a bit laid back, then Black Sunday (which was a bit of a harder sound but still with a few upbeat tracks), Temples of Boom was quite a dark, menacing album.

17 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Nice.  I loved Temples of Boom. After the first album, which was a bit laid back, then Black Sunday (which was a bit of a harder sound but still with a few upbeat tracks), Temples of Boom was quite a dark, menacing album.

It's very decent. They're always great live too. Their first LP is my favourite though.

doctor jambo
On 27/03/2019 at 14:13, luckyBatistuta said:

On a scale, obviously drugging and pumping is worse than this, but still doesn’t make it right. If Bill, or Liam were to have been drugging and robbing women, would you have been on there side...honest answer?

She wasn’t going to drug you, rob you , then give you a free shag was she?

real risk when you drug someone that they could die, too.

24 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

This is one of the many reasons that the act is so reprehensible.

luckyBatistuta
45 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

She wasn’t going to drug you, rob you , then give you a free shag was she?

Good post, hadn’t even thought of that, yet no real backlash to this. It’s almost as if it makes her cooler to some, just because she’s a rapper.

23 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Same here. I thought it would be about people with more than one piece of button fronted knitwear ?

doctor jambo
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Good post, hadn’t even thought of that, yet no real backlash to this. It’s almost as if it makes her cooler to some, just because she’s a rapper.

She ever been to Portugal on her hols?

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

She ever been to Portugal on her hols?

You takin the mc

SpruceBringsteen
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Here’s the thing though. 

I don’t believe for a minute it’s even true. 

It's made up bollocks to sell records. I applaud anything that launches the  "men are society's real victims" routine on here however. :lol:

John Findlay
On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 14:25, Governor Tarkin said:

What's good for the goose, John.

In that case you will have no objection to her getting treated the same as a man for drugging and then robbing people.

On 27/03/2019 at 14:32, peter_hmfc said:

Should be but as others have said, she'll be viewed as a "strong independent woman". A man doing similar on the other hand would have been hung by now.

Not sure many people on here will have resorted to drugging and robbing and if they did they deserve to be hounded regardless.

Also, probably done via a similar method to this, which to me looks ******* terrifying.

Me - "Completely paralysed after 2 minutes.....you've not thought this through love..."

:kirk:

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

In that case you will have no objection to her getting treated the same as a man for drugging and then robbing people.

None whatsoever.

On 27/03/2019 at 15:19, Governor Tarkin said:

Meh. It goes as far as your moral sensibilities are willing to let it go.

I know people who have been robbed by strippers and hookers.

You know the risks, you take the chance, you shouldn't be surprised when you get stung.

Should have got a receipt.