Rangers news site discussing Souttar...

Section Q

7 hours ago, Paolo said:

£5 million to anyone down south.  To a direct rival, £7 million. 

£10 Million down south. Rival can GTF

Calebs Grandad

If they sell Morelos they get X amount which along with season ticket money gives them finance to try and buy the players needed to stop Celtic and also pay their wage bill for X amount of weeks. Rangers can bring in a healthy amount of revenue but it will simply disappear as Gerrard is tasked with stopping the 10 in a row Armageddon. What they cannot do no matter how much Morelos is sold for is match Celtics ability to earn millions more each season through even more season ticket sales and improve their squad thereby almost certainly guaranteeing this 10 in a row quest. Rangers cannot continue issuing shares to cover debts and I truly believe it’s only a matter of time before they go back down the route of administration etc

Bazzas right boot

Get a pic of him with a pint of Guinness. 

Any talk will soon stop. 

He'll be one of them. 

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Only if it is all their debt. 

I wouldn't be trusting that, but he ho. 

I don't think rangers financal set up is sustainable going forward. 

I also think if celtic get ten, there will be a big shift in the support. 

None of this is relevant to Souttar, they could still sign him for x £ and pay him £20k a week atm. 

I’ve been expecting the Rangers support to diminish for the last six years. Last season they lost 5-0 to Celtic in the last Old Firm and then sold record numbers of season tickets for the current campaign. I think the 10 in a row could be a game changer but they are extraordinarily loyal.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’ve been expecting the Rangers support to diminish for the last six years. Last season they lost 5-0 to Celtic in the last Old Firm and then sold record numbers of season tickets for the current campaign. I think the 10 in a row could be a game changer but they are extraordinarily loyal.

The ten in a row- I think could be the tipping point. 

Especially if they are still quite a bit off the pace. 

Everything they are doing  is geared to stop this, it is their sole purpose for being here. 

You never know tho, I still think we'll end it and do their job for them. 

First end the treble treble. Then end ten in a row. 

?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Was moving from Everton to Man U a step up for Rooney?

Last time I looked Everton and Man U weren’t playing in the Scottish Premiership..

in all honesty I don’t think it’s comparable. The EPL has a divide in terms some clubs are gonna struggle to compete vs lower league side in cups - while others will win European competitions. In our league, and moreover in this case, the delta between Hearts and Rangers is MUCH less of a ‘step up’ than Rooney had.

Those tramps can't afford him. He just signed a new deal and likely see's himself playing down south with time. Deluded nonsense. 

The rangers news..  who actually reads that utter garbage. Probably think they could also get sterling and Kane as they are after all the biggest club in the world..........

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

£10 Million down south. Rival can GTF

I am still firmly in the camp and of the opinion that when John Souttar does eventually leave us it will eclipse the money we received for Craig Gordon. I read through the article in the opening post, as I thought that somewhere within it I'd come across a figure they felt would be OK. When I saw £2 million being quoted I just laughed. I think his boots might be worth more than that at the moment. He still has learning to do and he knows that, and he is in the right place to both continue playing and learning. He won't go to another Scottish club, that would be no more than a sideways move. His next move will be up the way, to a club down South. In the meantime we just need to enjoy his presence at Tynecastle, safe in the knowledge that if Rangers come in with a bid of £2 million over this Summer if we do reply it will be the boardroom wording equivalent of feck off.

44 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I am still firmly in the camp and of the opinion that when John Souttar does eventually leave us it will eclipse the money we received for Craig Gordon. I read through the article in the opening post, as I thought that somewhere within it I'd come across a figure they felt would be OK. When I saw £2 million being quoted I just laughed. I think his boots might be worth more than that at the moment. He still has learning to do and he knows that, and he is in the right place to both continue playing and learning. He won't go to another Scottish club, that would be no more than a sideways move. His next move will be up the way, to a club down South. In the meantime we just need to enjoy his presence at Tynecastle, safe in the knowledge that if Rangers come in with a bid of £2 million over this Summer if we do reply it will be the boardroom wording equivalent of feck off.

?

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Mollo said:

Last time I looked Everton and Man U weren’t playing in the Scottish Premiership..

in all honesty I don’t think it’s comparable. The EPL has a divide in terms some clubs are gonna struggle to compete vs lower league side in cups - while others will win European competitions. In our league, and moreover in this case, the delta between Hearts and Rangers is MUCH less of a ‘step up’ than Rooney had.

They play in the same league as each other which was the, very obvious, point I was making. The success of Rangers and Hearts compared with Man U and Everton is very comparable and was a perfect example of a player moving to a club in the same league but stepping up a level. Using block capitals to make a point only makes you look like an IDIOT!   

132goals1958
3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Only if it is all their debt. 

I wouldn't be trusting that, but he ho. 

I don't think rangers financal set up is sustainable going forward. 

I also think if celtic get ten, there will be a big shift in the support. 

None of this is relevant to Souttar, they could still sign him for x £ and pay him £20k a week atm. 

I can think of one potential liability that is likely to crystalise once Big Mike gets the wheels moving for the merchandising breach of contract

14 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The money  they are making isn't the issue. 

It's the money the spend or need to spend that is. 

To catch celtic, they need to spend more than them on about a third of thier income. 

No point in making £1b if £1.5b goes out the other end, year after year. 

They won't be going bust soon I would not have thought , but if celtc get ten, things will get interesting on how the fans react and how they go forward from there. 

Be interesting if Aberdeen or US can knock them down to third again as well next season. Not out of the question. 

Us :rofl:

Souttar definitely has a minimum release claus and transfer acceptance criteria i(EPL above ££ must be accepted etc) in his new contract ?

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

The Rangers can dream on, usual (former) big boy tactics.  If he goes anywhere it will be a championship style move, similar to the ugly freak that went to Villa from the vermin.  All imo of course.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Us :rofl:

Things change from  season to season. 

Hibs were "light years" ahead of us only 10 months ago. 

Win on sat we're 2 of Aberdeen. 

Rangers will need a total rebuild, half their team is on loan. 

Celtic new manager. 

Hibs new manager 

I expect further progress next year, despite the negativity. ?

Mr Elwood P
6 hours ago, Phage said:

Souttar definitely has a minimum release claus and transfer acceptance criteria i(EPL above ££ must be accepted etc) in his new contract ?

Has anyone told Santa?

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Things change from  season to season. 

Hibs were "light years" ahead of us only 10 months ago. 

Win on sat we're 2 of Aberdeen. 

Rangers will need a total rebuild, half their team is on loan. 

Celtic new manager. 

Hibs new manager 

I expect further progress next year, despite the negativity. ?

Hearts new manager.

Then you may have a point!

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hearts new manager.

Then you may have a point!

Maybe. 

Maybe naw. 

Not now tho. ?

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Phage said:

Yeah, would have thought so. 

£3m plus sell on ?

£5m plus sell on ?

Anything over £7m ?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
19 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yet not loyal enough to save their club 7 years ago.

Austin MacGlee

They're living in a fantasy world if they think they can afford Souttar. He is destined for great, great things. I can honestly see him playing at the top of the EPL (Spurs, Liverpool etc) if he applies himself. I suspect he will move to the Championship down South, get noticed by a Southampton/Bournemouth or similar (Brenda might even be interested at Leicester) and then the only way will be up for the lad.

joondalupjambo

One for the oldies.

Sometimes when I see Souttar playing he somehow reminds of two Celtic players, Bobby Murdoch and George Connelly.  They were both very good on the ball, had the ability to play a bit and always looked comfortable and never flustered.  

If Celtic had the dough can see going there. Mind you they would need to burst the biscuit tin to make it happen.  

On 26/03/2019 at 19:22, Mr Elwood P said:

They play in the same league as each other which was the, very obvious, point I was making. The success of Rangers and Hearts compared with Man U and Everton is very comparable and was a perfect example of a player moving to a club in the same league but stepping up a level. Using block capitals to make a point only makes you look like an IDIOT!   

? have you finished wetting yourself yet?

If you think Rooney moving to Man U from Everton is comparable with Souttar going to Rangers from Hearts - then you are beyond help mate.

I used capitals to emphasise ONE word. And you are so delicate you need point that out? I suggest cross stitch mate. Football forums are NOT for you. ?

Edited by Mollo

If some loon pays what they want for Morelos then they will come sniffing. More likely Morelos's "undisclosed fee" is used to keep the Mordor lights on.

Mr Elwood P
28 minutes ago, Mollo said:

? have you finished wetting yourself yet?

If you think Rooney moving to Man U from Everton is comparable with Souttar going to Rangers from Hearts - then you are beyond help mate.

I used capitals to emphasise ONE word. And you are so delicate you need point that out? I suggest cross stitch mate. Football forums are NOT for you. ?

I’ve no idea what cross stitch is so doubtful. The comparison was a player moving to a team in the same league but still stepping up. Souttar to Rangers or Celtic, Hartley to Celtic, Rooney to Man U, Mbappe to PSG, Halkett to Hearts it is possible. That was the only point being made.