Rangers news site discussing Souttar...

Section Q

Almost laughable that article, but then it's written by a fan who clearly still believes Rangers are a "step up" or even have the "couple of million £s" to make it a "right deal for both clubs".  Seen these type of articles before from fans trying to pretend they are journalist, nothing to worry about apart from the inane ramblings of a halfwit Hun.

1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

Almost laughable that article, but then it's written by a fan who clearly still believes Rangers are a "step up" or even have the "couple of million £s" to make it a "right deal for both clubs".  Seen these type of articles before from fans trying to pretend they are journalist, nothing to worry about apart from the inane ramblings of a halfwit Hun.

Would like to think Souttar is smarter than that .

4 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Is Lee Wallace still a rangers player?

Loyal to them for some time then shat on big time.

Yeah, he’s still there.

58 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

That's the Rangers way though. They've done it to everyone who poses a threat. 

letsalldothebeattie

Nothing to worry about. They can’t afford what we would be looking for, for him. He will move south when he leaves us not go to that joke of a club

11 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Nothing to worry about. They can’t afford what we would be looking for, for him. He will move south when he leaves us not go to that joke of a club

Thing is knowing Rangers they will offer a fraction of his true value just to unsettle him.

They really think they’re a big club and players should be privileged to play for them. An arrogant club with another arrogant manager. I firmly believe the demise of Scottish football started with that arrogant prick Souness in 85/86. That’s when the rot set in and was continued by every other manager since. Wee Dick Advocaat certainly over spent mintys millions that he really didn’t have and 10 years on from that the megalomaniac bailed out and scuttled the ibrox ship. I guess there is a god after all. That was the one good thing that happened to them. Disgusting club, disgusting fans. Would hate to see soapy wear that shirt. 

Their sense of entitlement leads them to believe they can snap up whoever they want on the cheap. I’d rather soapy left down south for free than to deal with these arrogant, cheating bar stewards. 

A few million....not like the hum to under value a player now is it. If Tore Andre Flo was worth 12 million nearly 20 years ago then their current valuation of JS would seem like loose change in today’s market. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Thing is knowing Rangers they will offer a fraction of his true value just to unsettle him.

Nothing can unsettle him. 

He's too cool for that caper. 

Really hope they go bust again. Also, my hatred for Celtic is beyond compare. I have nothing but a burning hatred for them and the entire 'Celtic family' but I want them to beat Rangers by 10 on Sunday.

My rangers fan is adamant that Souttar is going to rangers and placed a £20 bet that he goes in the summer, don’t know why he was so confident but there is £20 going to Big Hearts when he doesnt

Nookie Bear

It would be a step up for him, financially and career-wise, but he is capable of stepping up much further than that lot.

It's just the usual old firm chat to unsettle players.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

It would be a step up for him, financially and career-wise, but he is capable of stepping up much further than that lot.

career-wise?

if he went there I think it would plateau. a move to the EPL / Championship in england puts him up against far stronger opponents and superior facilities and backroom staff.

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

career-wise?

if he went there I think it would plateau. a move to the EPL / Championship in england puts him up against far stronger opponents and superior facilities and backroom staff.

Depends on how he plays it. He would be in Europe every year, possibly competing for the title and cups and really putting himself in the shop window for a better move down south.

He could just as easily join an English team and find himself stuck on the bench for 2 years or,  if you join the wrong team at the wrong time, you end up relegated or stuck in the Championship.

I don;t think he will go there (rangers) though.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Career wise? 

It's hardly a leap atm. 

Rangers will end up a distant second and win nothing, again. 

They will need a total rebuild in January and are running at a massive lose. 

They aren't out of sight of Aberdeen or a resurgent Hearts, hibs yet. They'll like be closer to 3rd than 1st for the short term at least. 

European run is also  50/50 at best. 

Financially wise, no doubt they'll pay more, but a Derby or the likes would pay even more, so even then he'll likely have better options. 

Think you are in awe of  old rangers pulling power tbh. In you're not "rangers minded" there are better options for a decent footballer. 

I'd say celtic was a more likely destination tbh. ?

fabienleclerq

I think are kidding themselves it isn't a step up, however it's a smaller step than he should take.

He needs to get fit again and back in form then look down south, reality is Rangers can't afford what he is worth and championship teams can.

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Career wise? 

It's hardly a leap atm. 

Rangers will end up a distant second and win nothing, again. 

They will need a total rebuild in January and are running at a massive lose. 

They aren't out of sight of Aberdeen or a resurgent Hearts, hibs yet. They'll like be closer to 3rd than 1st for the short term at least. 

European run is also  50/50 at best. 

Financially wise, no doubt they'll pay more, but a Derby or the likes would pay even more, so even then he'll likely have better options. 

Think you are in awe of  old rangers pulling power tbh. In you're not "rangers minded" there are better options for a decent footballer. 

I'd say celtic was a more likely destination tbh. ?

We probably need to wait to see how next season pans out for them both tbh - celtic have an average manager and face a period of uncertainty and there is no telling how Gerrard will do in his second season either.

But, no matter how you look at it, it's a step up from Hearts. I'm not saying it's as big a leap as it would have been 10 years ago, but it's still advancing his career.

If i was advising him, i would advise him to get his head down and wait until at least the end of next season. Quality is always noticed and i have no doubt English clubs are keeping an eye on him.

1874Gorgie1874

Rangers fans still think the club have the same amount of money and drawing power as they used to have. Best ignore their drivel. 

5 hours ago, rubyruby said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back next season with a point to prove....

The equivalent of me and my mate ‘discussing’ Lucy Verasamy.

Difference being we know it ain’t happening whereas these clowns think they stand a chance.

In a career as promising as John Souttar's, "the next step" after Hearts is not to the team formerly known as Rangers!

chuck berrys hairline

Rangers fans think they've won 54 titles in seven years! Your gonna listen to their opinion on this ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

We probably need to wait to see how next season pans out for them both tbh - celtic have an average manager and face a period of uncertainty and there is no telling how Gerrard will do in his second season either.

But, no matter how you look at it, it's a step up from Hearts. I'm not saying it's as big a leap as it would have been 10 years ago, but it's still advancing his career.

If i was advising him, i would advise him to get his head down and wait until at least the end of next season. Quality is always noticed and i have no doubt English clubs are keeping an eye on him.

All fair points. 

I still think he'd be a cracking celtic player. Hate to say it but his style would suit them 100%

?

1 hour ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Rangers fans still think the club have the same amount of money and drawing power as they used to have. Best ignore their drivel. 

This time every year they do a wish list of signings. 

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

All fair points. 

I still think he'd be a cracking celtic player. Hate to say it but his style would suit them 100%

?

Would be too easy for him there. 85 minutes strolling about, giving easy passes to the midfield, and perhaps defend a couple of speculative crosses and aimless punts from the opposition.

132goals1958

When will these clowns realise our Balance Sheet is a lot healthier than theirs. They are obsessed with stopping 10 in a row. and  in pursuit of this mythical landmark are galloping up a blind alley.Outside of the two vile institutions no one gives a sh@t as such a monopoly in league titles only highlights a situation that has and will continue to be driven by a cultural malaise that is shameful and unique to our country. The media will no doubt be out in force labeling this weeks fixture as the greatest derby in the world and some wonder as to why we are becoming more of a laughing stock than ever before. On the subject of Souttar  I am sure even an English Champion side will come up with more than the relative buttons and bolts that Newco can offer. 

Won't being in the Scotland Squad have at least halved his value, I mean it's fortunate he didn't play but being involved in that shambles must have an impact.

? 

He knows the Scottish Premiership and at 22, this might be the perfect stage of his career to take the next step”

He’s a great prospect and has a good career ahead - so why do they think a move INSIDE the premiership is a step UP? 

Its only so if average players do so in terms of wages. Or players like KL who have decided that football isn’t as important as money for the twilight of their career.

Mr Elwood P
48 minutes ago, Mollo said:

?

He knows the Scottish Premiership and at 22, this might be the perfect stage of his career to take the next step”

He’s a great prospect and has a good career ahead - so why do they think a move INSIDE the premiership is a step UP? 

Its only so if average players do so in terms of wages. Or players like KL who have decided that football isn’t as important as money for the twilight of their career.

Was moving from Everton to Man U a step up for Rooney?

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

When will these clowns realise our Balance Sheet is a lot healthier than theirs. They are obsessed with stopping 10 in a row. and  in pursuit of this mythical landmark are galloping up a blind alley.Outside of the two vile institutions no one gives a sh@t as such a monopoly in league titles only highlights a situation that has and will continue to be driven by a cultural malaise that is shameful and unique to our country. The media will no doubt be out in force labeling this weeks fixture as the greatest derby in the world and some wonder as to why we are becoming more of a laughing stock than ever before. On the subject of Souttar  I am sure even an English Champion side will come up with more than the relative buttons and bolts that Newco can offer. 

Rangers will get £20m for Morelos so don’t think the Castle Grey Skull balance sheet will look too bad over the summer. They will also have revenue from selling another 45000 season tickets, 2nd place prize money and Europa League revenue. On top of that they are doing a debt for equity swap with existing creditors to wipe out their debt.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Rangers will get £20m for Morelos so don’t think the Castle Grey Skull balance sheet will look too bad over the summer. They will also have revenue from selling another 45000 season tickets, 2nd place prize money and Europa League revenue. On top of that they are doing a debt for equity swap with existing creditors to wipe out their debt.

The money  they are making isn't the issue. 

It's the money the spend or need to spend that is. 

To catch celtic, they need to spend more than them on about a third of thier income. 

No point in making £1b if £1.5b goes out the other end, year after year. 

They won't be going bust soon I would not have thought , but if celtc get ten, things will get interesting on how the fans react and how they go forward from there. 

Be interesting if Aberdeen or US can knock them down to third again as well next season. Not out of the question. 

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The money  they are making isn't the issue. 

It's the money the spend or need to spend that is. 

To catch celtic, they need to spend more than them on about a third of thier income. 

No point in making £1b if £1.5b goes out the other end, year after year. 

They won't be going bust soon I would not have thought , but if celtc get ten, things will get interesting on how the fans react and how they go forward from there. 

Be interesting if Aberdeen or US can knock them down to third again as well next season. Not out of the question. 

The comparison is Rangers to Hearts in terms of finances, not Celtic. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The comparison is Rangers to Hearts in terms of finances, not Celtic. 

Rangers can pay more than us, don't think anyone is debating that, are they? 

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Rangers can pay more than us, don't think anyone is debating that, are they? 

Aye, above.

132goals1958
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Doubt they will get anywhere near 20m for Morelos  With regard to their balance sheet it is noticeable they did not publish it with their interim un -audited Profit and Loss.Think I will hold fire until the accounts are published as recent sign offs have included a going concern uncertainty which although very unlikely to materialise  still might mean the hole in the balance sheet is only smaller. 

Mr Elwood P
17 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Doubt they will get anywhere near 20m for Morelos  With regard to their balance sheet it is noticeable they did not publish it with their interim un -audited Profit and Loss.Think I will hold fire until the accounts are published as recent sign offs have included a going concern uncertainty which although very unlikely to materialise  still might mean the hole in the balance sheet is only smaller. 

Morelos has signed two new contracts this season and is getting game time for the Columbian national team. £20m is easily achievable, especially if he fulfills his ambition of playing in the EPL. All of Rangers creditors are fans of the club who appear willing to swap money owed for shares. 

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Morelos has signed two new contracts this season and is getting game time for the Columbian national team. £20m is easily achievable, especially if he fulfills his ambition of playing in the EPL. All of Rangers creditors are fans of the club who appear willing to swap money owed for shares. 

Time will tell

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The last statement is true, but for how long and for how much?

Celtic get to ten and/ or Rangers are still in the mire with the likes of Aberdeen and hopefully us I think thier patience and more importantly thier finances will run short. 

At the current rate that could see them £70/£80m in the red as well when celtic do get ten and the shit hits the fan. 

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The last statement is true, but for how long and for how much?

Celtic get to ten and/ or Rangers are still in the mire with the likes of Aberdeen and hopefully us I think thier patience and more importantly thier finances will run short. 

At the current rate that could see them £70/£80m in the red as well when celtic do get ten and the shit hits the fan. 

A debt for equity swap means  that the current debt, owed to creditors who have provided soft loans, will be converted into shares. That means they won’t have any debt never mind £70m. They won’t get credit from any major bank or finance provider given their previous administration and subsequent liquidation.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

A debt for equity swap means  that the current debt, owed to creditors who have provided soft loans, will be converted into shares. That means they won’t have any debt never mind £70m. They won’t get credit from any major bank or finance provider given their previous administration and subsequent liquidation.

Only if it is all their debt. 

I wouldn't be trusting that, but he ho. 

I don't think rangers financal set up is sustainable going forward. 

I also think if celtic get ten, there will be a big shift in the support. 

None of this is relevant to Souttar, they could still sign him for x £ and pay him £20k a week atm.