Cletus Nombil - work permit application rejected (title updated)

Inch Hearts

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

And how many more points was that. We’re we much better. Oh aye 5-0 hammering from Livi, 

getting beat at home by relegated Dundee need I go on and what about the dire boring football 

that had Hearts fans streaming out of Tynecastle after games moaning about Levein & co.

Yip. All that is forgotten because we  had a decent performance in the cup final.  

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• mitch41

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• JamboAl

Just now, mitch41 said:

He played reserves which I didn’t agree with but he wanted to concentrate in the league.

Levein would have been slaughtered for doing the same. Also leading the league at the time.

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

If we keep ploughing away at these random signings in the hope of emulating Celtic, and pulling in a "Gordon" transfer, it might pay off one day. Celtic can afford to take punts. We can't. That's a major difference.

Souttar might be the one where we get a decent fee out of him, maybe more than CP13. But scouring the depths of the Amazon Basin for the next Ronaldinho, isn't something I think we've got a luxury of doing in time. 

I'd rather we develop the Cochrane's, Irving's, Smith's & Hickey's of this world, buy playing them more regularly, & giving them the exposure they need to go on to further their careers down South or abroad, and boost their earnings for us & them.

I think we can do all 3 and have been - proven, youth and punts. None of our punts recently have stopped youth progressing that I can see. They’ve either established themselves like Souttar or have bombed like Aankwaa, Martin and co.

Edited by Guest

better_call_saul
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

please refrain from the direct insults

thanks

Sorry- where’s the insult?

Mainly stating a fact that you constantly ruin threads with your monotonous negativity. 

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You are a total slaver.  You have been shown to be factually incorrect so just go off on another anti hearts rant. Get a life 

Did our fans not sing in these early games we are unbeatable which we were until Romanov acted against GB.

slaver, rant, anti Hearts you say. I have never been insulted like this before and I accuse you of behaving 

ungentlemanly against a proud Jambo that has been supporting Hearts since his first game at Tynecastle 

in 1958 Hearts 5 Aberdeen 1. XB52 you live in a part of the world I love Dalgety Bay is near Aberdour my 

holiday destination when I was a child. There’s nothing like sitting on the beach looking across the forth 

and seeing the city you live in for 50 weeks of the year. In those days Hearts won 2 league titles, 1 Scottish 

Cup and 4 League Cups. Happy days for all Hearts fans I ask you why shouldn’t we be a great team in

Scotland again.

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That’s not exactly an improvement just an easy run in the cups till we met Celtic.

It's an improvement. 

It's what you are demanding this season, I'm just pointing out we improved our performance in all 3 competitions v the previous seasons. 

You have to be more SMART in your objective setting. 

Improvement could mean 1 more point, could mean 30 more points. 

Anyway, we do need to improve our league postion, we agree there. 

CL is staying, so hopefully a good few signings and we'll have a good season. 

The Future's Maroon
17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Reserves...? 

This team?

Screenshot_20190606-175107_Chrome.jpg

Surely we won the reserve league with that team, reserves ?

Jamboelite
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Want to see the team that played about 10 days previous against Livingston and won 1-4...?

So...reserves then...**** me.?‍♂️

20190606_181359.jpg

In other news, Simmons what an absolute passenger he was how the hell did he see the 1st team in that era.

Just now, Jamboelite said:

In other news, Simmons what an absolute passenger he was how the hell did he see the 1st team in that era.

Scored a fine goal v the vermin in our first game at Tynecastle that season but that apart, I agree.

41 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Did our fans not sing in these early games we are unbeatable which we were until Romanov acted against GB.

slaver, rant, anti Hearts you say. I have never been insulted like this before and I accuse you of behaving 

ungentlemanly against a proud Jambo that has been supporting Hearts since his first game at Tynecastle 

in 1958 Hearts 5 Aberdeen 1. XB52 you live in a part of the world I love Dalgety Bay is near Aberdour my 

holiday destination when I was a child. There’s nothing like sitting on the beach looking across the forth 

and seeing the city you live in for 50 weeks of the year. In those days Hearts won 2 league titles, 1 Scottish 

Cup and 4 League Cups. Happy days for all Hearts fans I ask you why shouldn’t we be a great team in

Scotland again.

Wow. What a rant and not one word to admit you were wrong. So bye bye and you can annoy the rest of this board with your rubbish

tokyowalnut
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

And how many more points was that. We’re we much better. Oh aye 5-0 hammering from Livi, 

getting beat at home by relegated Dundee need I go on and what about the dire boring football 

that had Hearts fans streaming out of Tynecastle after games moaning about Levein & co.

You don't need to go on, you repeat it ad nauseum every day on nearly every thread. I'm just shocked you haven't mentioned the Bootroom!! 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Scotland again.

The teams that won the 2 league titles etc had 6 or 7 home grown players in the team then. 

If you hang on for a year or two you might just see the same again.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Wow. What a rant and not one word to admit you were wrong. So bye bye and you can annoy the rest of this board with your rubbish

Why do you need to be so rude and obnoxious? Disagree with his posts by all means but cut out the rudeness 

13 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

What happened here I came on to read about Cletus

Went the same way as nearly every other thread on here , the morons got hold of it and of they went

chatting shite about everything other than the subject matter .  

Can people stop ****ing moaning about every bit of ****ing news that comes out of the club.

Jesus Christ - can anyone one Scotland get through to the Samaritans or is it engaged permanently with a queue of Hearts fans waiting to speak to someone?

We look as if we are about to sign an 18 year old Ghanian - young with potential and apparently has had interest from some decent teams.

There is **** all to moan about and the lad certainly doesn’t deserve a character assassination for it and neither does Levein at this stage.

Get a ****ing grip honestly 

Edited by Jammy T

lost in space
23 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Can people stop ****ing moaning about every bit of ****ing news that comes out of the club.

Jesus Christ - can anyone one Scotland get through to the Samaritans or is it engaged permanently with a queue of Hearts fans waiting to speak to someone?

We look as if we are about to sign an 18 year old Ghanian - young with potential and apparently has had interest from some decent teams.

There is **** all to moan about and the lad certainly doesn’t deserve a character assassination for it and neither does Levein at this stage.

Love it when somebody goes on a rant about others going on a rant.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
50 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

We do sign loads of pish though mate. You can pretend the world’s flat if you want

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Scotland again.

giphy.gif

Franksluckypants
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

giphy.gif

Quality!

Anyway welcome to the club Cleets...multi million £ man in a couple of years time, though we won't be wanting to sell him & wishing we'd signed him for 6 years instead! 

(...apologies is that a bit too optimistically positive for JKB)?

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We do sign loads of pish though mate. You can pretend the world’s flat if you want

Yes but you and several others are completely averse to risk  of any sort. You just want to say I was right wasn't I. I am so much more knowledgable than our current manager. It's an ego trip for you. Why don' t you just feckin apply for his job?

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

What happened here I came on to read about Cletus

Cletus’ three year deal has been performed over 24 hours, he’s a dud and everyone else we’ve signed this summer is a dud. Aidy White is a dud. A couple of 13 year olds in the academy are deadwood and need launched. @mitch41 is bringing up signings from the 1990’s just to emphasise how many duds we have signed historically. In 2037 someone will still be moaning about Oshiniwa and Sammon.

Berra is also now a dud as his legs are made of chocolate mousse.

Djoum has been selected, by Clarence Seedorf, to play for Cameroon at the Afcon. He is still a dud. Seedorf is the Dutch Levein.

No other team ever misses a beat in transfer market. Only Hearts. Always only Hearts. 

Dud, dud, dud ...

51 minutes ago, Franksluckypants said:

Quality!

Anyway welcome to the club Cleets...multi million £ man in a couple of years time, though we won't be wanting to sell him & wishing we'd signed him for 6 years instead! 

(...apologies is that a bit too optimistically positive for JKB)?

I'm afraid it is for some.  Not me though.

Some will have cast him as a bomb scare already 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Couple of things that caught my attention, one, playing a player out of his natural position AGAIN. And he had generated interest   from a couple of big clubs.

Thr 18-year-old was deployed on the left, despite being a central midfielder by trade, :tlj:as the Doonhamers recorded a 2-1 win over the Jambos.

However, reports today suggest Hearts are ready to offer Nombil a three-year deal, beating off competition from Club Brugge and Schalke in Germany.

Being played out of position is normal at that level or in trials. 

They wouldn't be looking for him to win a match but how he copes in different situations 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
55 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

I would treat that article with a pinch of salt 

Time will tell doesn’t usually work out for us with type of signing 

Yaya Toure eh.....

Well he did play for Dreams FC

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Yes but you and several others are completely averse to risk  of any sort. You just want to say I was right wasn't I. I am so much more knowledgable than our current manager. It's an ego trip for you. Why don' t you just feckin apply for his job?

Because I’m completely unqualified for it. That doesn’t mean I can’t see what’s in front of my eyes.

Robbo Is God

Always good to see a highly regarded youngster getting signed up. (assuming visa is no problem)

The next Yaya?! I'd be happy even if he's the next Ya. I know he apparently played poorly in the bounce game but he was played out of position and it sounds like the whole team played poorly. I think he has spent quite a while training with us, so he must be doing something right. Anyway, welcome Cletus, hope you are a star in the making 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
18 hours ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Apprantley we have beaten club Brugge and shalke to secure him. If true he must have something about him. 

It's interesting, I often see this quoted when Scottish clubs are trying to put a spin on new signings.  There is zero part of me that thinks if the likes of Cletus would choose us over Shalke if they were genuinely interested.  He seems one for the future if anything at all, I don't think it's worth going into meltdown over.

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

It's interesting, I often see this quoted when Scottish clubs are trying to put a spin on new signings.  There is zero part of me that thinks if the likes of Cletus would choose us over Shalke if they were genuinely interested.  He seems one for the future if anything at all, I don't think it's worth going into meltdown over.

Did we not “beat” West Ham to the signing of Obua?

jambopilms

The difference between our recruitment now and any other time in the last 30 years is, we have to put up with internet forums for folk to rant and bleet about it now.

It's always been a mixed bag and always will be. Some work, some don't.

Just didn't have to hear about the bad signing from 3 years ago every day, day after day.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't know, did we?  

Edited by Voiceofreasonfortheseason

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Cletus’ three year deal has been performed over 24 hours, he’s a dud and everyone else we’ve signed this summer is a dud. Aidy White is a dud. A couple of 13 year olds in the academy are deadwood and need launched. @mitch41 is bringing up signings from the 1990’s just to emphasise how many duds we have signed historically. In 2037 someone will still be moaning about Oshiniwa and Sammon.

Berra is also now a dud as his legs are made of chocolate mousse.

Djoum has been selected, by Clarence Seedorf, to play for Cameroon at the Afcon. He is still a dud. Seedorf is the Dutch Levein.

No other team ever misses a beat in transfer market. Only Hearts. Always only Hearts. 

Dud, dud, dud ...

This.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because I’m completely unqualified for it. That doesn’t mean I can’t see what’s in front of my eyes.

It probably does mean though that you could only see what's in front of your eyes and you're totally oblivious to the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

And Newcastle.

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It probably does mean though that you could only see what's in front of your eyes and you're totally oblivious to the bigger picture.

As we all are on here, to be honest.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No, I understand 'the bigger picture'. What I seriously question is whether the bigger picture will actually be delivered given the way the club are drifting and have been drifting as a football team for a while.

A lot of people on here keep promising us jam tomorrow (and I'm talking about results/football here, not progress off the pitch which quite honestly deserves no criticism). But all you're really offering is blind faith in a coach and set-up which has very obvious flaws - recruitment being one of them.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No, I understand 'the bigger picture'. What I seriously question is whether the bigger picture will actually be delivered given the way the club are drifting and have been drifting as a football team for a while.

A lot of people on here keep promising us jam tomorrow (and I'm talking about results/football here, not progress off the pitch which quite honestly deserves no criticism). But all you're really offering is blind faith in a coach and set-up which has very obvious flaws - recruitment being one of them.

But this is a thread on Cletus so why all the usual shite on every thread?

Cletis in and Martin out - would you have settled for that last week, or last month?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Any rise on Yaya Toure yet?

Do I hear a Kevin De Bryune????

Hopefully by the end of the day we can reach Messi

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But this is a thread on Cletus so why all the usual shite on every thread?

Cletis in and Martin out - would you have settled for that last week, or last month?

I'd have settled for Martin out. No idea if this kid will be any good.

17 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein would have been slaughtered for doing the same. Also leading the league at the time.

Remember GB had hardly any time to put a team together and his squad needed more players 

which he stated a few times that he'd need to add to the squad in january. The last thing GB

wanted was injuries as he wanted to win the league.

17 hours ago, Barack said:

Reserves...? 

This team?

Screenshot_20190606-175107_Chrome.jpg

Camazzola, McAllister, Simmons & Mole/Elliot all reserves as far as GB was concerned.

17 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It's an improvement. 

It's what you are demanding this season, I'm just pointing out we improved our performance in all 3 competitions v the previous seasons. 

You have to be more SMART in your objective setting. 

Improvement could mean 1 more point, could mean 30 more points. 

Anyway, we do need to improve our league postion, we agree there. 

CL is staying, so hopefully a good few signings and we'll have a good season. 

Fingers and toes crossed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nobody ever does. Mostly they end up as disappointing but you can't win the raffle if you don't buy a ticket 

Good for you.

I'd take a chance on an 18 year old who MIGHT be good for the team as opposed to someone we now know wasn't.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Good for you.

I'd take a chance on an 18 year old who MIGHT be good for the team as opposed to someone we now know wasn't.

I'm not being funny but Martin is a shining example of the problems with our recruitment department. Arguably the best example.

I hope this kid is dynamite but the fact remains - this regime have a poor track record when it comes to deals like this.

Bazzas right boot

I'm not being funny but Martin is a shining example of the problems with our recruitment department. Arguably the best example.

I hope this kid is dynamite but the fact remains - this regime have a poor track record when it comes to deals like this.

I think you can tell this is a development type signing, he's only 18 so we won't be relaying in him. Low risk / high reward. 

Martin was signed to have an Immediate impact and be about the 1st team. 

Signed by different managers. 

Comparing the two is ridiculous in the extreme. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot