Cletus Nombil - work permit application rejected (title updated)

Inch Hearts

He's only 18. Some big clubs have been looking at him.

He'll come in and go into the development side and hopefully he will end up a big player for us. 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• mitch41

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• JamboAl

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I was a bit short with my reply. Apologies mate. 

I hope so too. :thumbsup:

No problem whatsoever, Jonno.

Dalstonjambo
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

He’d better be with Levein handing him a 3 year contract.

But again your only guessing thinking he’ll be a good signing.

No more mistakes should be Levein and Murray’s motto.

You have completely missed the joke there haven't you...

32 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

As I mentioned in another thread.... If Schalke wanted him he would be there in an instant. 

You'd think so. More money, probably better money or at least more affordable living and Schalke have a great track record of youth development, Rakitic, Ozil etc.

He's far more likely to get first team football here, but you think if Schalke showed genuine interest, he'd jump at even going for a trial.

Jambo 4 Ever
14 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Hibs have signed more than us

Over the last few years I think we have signed more than them though

1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Why do you defend Hibs and, in turn, criticise Hearts, at every opportunity?

Just interested.  ?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Why do you defend Hibs and, in turn, criticise Hearts, at every opportunity?

Just interested.  ?

He's not the only one. 

Folk were champing Lennon while calling CL a born loser and such not so long ago. 

better_call_saul
7 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Thanks for your constant input.

Ruining threads on a daily basis.

On 25/03/2019 at 13:15, Tasavallan said:

Why do we hear about players coming for trials at Hearts when many will not be signed?   Leaking of trialist's names does not happen as much at other Scottish clubs where usually the first you hear of the player is when they have signed (scarf over the head photo). 

Says 3 year deal here...

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/cleetus-nombil-reportedly-set-three-16388677

stevie1874
26 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

& Celtic & Rangers. Aberdeen would have a big list going back to the days of Gordon Petric as quoted by another poster. 

30 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Maybe Djoum has helped us get this lad?

What’s the connection?

alwaysthereinspirit
24 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I should have been clearer. I meant REAL football teams. Not the Sunday league garden variety. 

Absolute Scenes
35 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Are Hearts still the only club in the footballing world to sign a dud? Or have there been other teams in the past who got signings wrong?

Afraid its just Hearts mate, and its only Craig Levein that's ever signed bad players, there's no other manager in the world I know of that's signed any bad players ever. Strange eh?

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Cletus & Clevid.

We're winning the sexy names league at least.

Was going to proffer the names they'll both undoubtedly be referred as ..... but there plenty bursds on here these days so I won't bother

1 hour ago, Homme said:

It was actually us, Gretna 2008 and Tranent he had to choose between.

Great coup for the club.

Tranent have already signed 4 players this week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Afraid its just Hearts mate, and its only Craig Levein that's ever signed bad players, there's no other manager in the world I know of that's signed any bad players ever. Strange eh?

I think the difference may be that over the past few years signings like this have never once came good.  Not that it means that they won’t ever of course but the more shite that signed never to be heard of again the less that there’s anticipation that this may be a diamond in the rough.  We have a three year deal to the Nigerian World Cup star and waited months as we did the overweight boy from the danish club, most given long term contracts, highly anticipated and end up crap.  It’s not hard why a similar type trialist come three year contract might be vent with skepticism 

36 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Maybe Djoum has helped us get this lad?

Not sure how a player from Cameroon who holds a dual passport and played in Belgium helped us find a teenager from Ghana who had a short spell in Czechslovakia :notsure:

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just because you'd sell your family to move there & play for them, mate.?

I'd be happy just to move there. :lol: 

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Not sure how a player from Cameroon who holds a dual passport and played in Belgium helped us find a teenager from Ghana who had a short spell in Czechslovakia :notsure:

Larrys love child - Nap. (Sounds like a horse tbf) 

As long as not on big money no problem, our track record of bringing in foreign youngsters is woeful however.

Jambo 4 Ever
24 minutes ago, better_call_saul said:

Thanks for your constant input.

Ruining threads on a daily basis.

please refrain from the direct insults

thanks

Little bit of context required here. A youth level signing from a different continent who if we see in the first team before he's 20 it's a bonus. Will not be costing us a great deal of money but a momentous moment in his young life. Good luck Cletus, welcome to Hearts. 

8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Larrys love child - Nap. (Sounds like a horse tbf) 

Wouldn't complain if he was Asamoah's love child tbh :lol:

Assuming with him being 18 he's not being viewed as a first team player initially?

9 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

thanks

That's optimistic on your part.  Your constant negativity is irritating and you not only know that but revel in it.

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I think the difference may be that over the past few years signings like this have never once came good.  Not that it means that they won’t ever of course but the more shite that signed never to be heard of again the less that there’s anticipation that this may be a diamond in the rough.  We have a three year deal to the Nigerian World Cup star and waited months as we did the overweight boy from the danish club, most given long term contracts, highly anticipated and end up crap.  It’s not hard why a similar type trialist come three year contract might be vent with skepticism 

Would rather be taking these sort of punts that are, maybe aside from Oshaniwa, relatively low cost than some of out disastrous signings in previous years like Petric, Hamilton, Besja, James and many others that cost fees - some very large - as well as wages.

Some you win, like Haring, Souttar or Sow who arrived as either an unknown or  a prospect or injury prone”, and some you lose but so long as its within our budget and not preventing us from also signing proven players like naismith, berra, lafferty, smith, etc its all good. There’s an unreasonable focus on the failures on this site and a but of memory loss as we have failures every season.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

That's optimistic on your part.  Your constant negativity is irritating and you not only know that but revel in it.

ofcourse not

I am just being optimistic.

you don't have to agree with what I say but I'm entitled to my opinion, as is everyone else.

No need to insult others though

1 hour ago, super_vlad said:

I don't understand how we will get a work permit for lad, he hasn't played for the full Ghana team yet

Should be fine. Commonwealth country and apparently his great great great granny knew David Livingston.........!

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

that doesn't sound too promising

Another positive post

25 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

ofcourse not

I am just being optimistic.

you don't have to agree with what I say but I'm entitled to my opinion, as is everyone else.

No need to insult others though

For god sake , every single thread you appear on draining the life out it , you really seem to hate Hearts . 

Is that two direct insults or one ,? I've  no idea to be honest . 

And  for the record it's not meant to be an insult just an observation. 

Looks bang bang average in you tube clips, in a game in Ghana's top league....... brugge and schalke.......aye ok then of course they are 

More pish 

Would imagine he would be going into the development league , but 3 years does seem a bit strange . As always his wages would determine if it's worth the punt or not . 

Would think the Schalke , Brugge link is agent talk . 

Another speculative punt by the looks of it . 

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I'd also point out that we did improve on last season ( more points in the league, further in both cups) so under your "must do better" target, we actually did achieve that the season just passed.

?

That’s not exactly an improvement just an easy run in the cups till we met Celtic.

Inch Hearts
54 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would rather be taking these sort of punts that are, maybe aside from Oshaniwa, relatively low cost than some of out disastrous signings in previous years like Petric, Hamilton, Besja, James and many others that cost fees - some very large - as well as wages.

Some you win, like Haring, Souttar or Sow who arrived as either an unknown or  a prospect or injury prone”, and some you lose but so long as its within our budget and not preventing us from also signing proven players like naismith, berra, lafferty, smith, etc its all good. There’s an unreasonable focus on the failures on this site and a but of memory loss as we have failures every season.

Haring fair enough,  we signed him as a CH and it’s been a fantastic change of position for him.  Soapy and Sow both had brilliant credentials.  You can’t really classify them in the same boat as the likes of Akanawaa or our Nigerian prince that was apparently on good money too.  We seem to lose a lot with gambles of players our injured or who need a kick start more often than not.  Let’s hope luck turns our way because that is what is is, a gamble and hope we’re lucky - ultimately it’s the market we’re in with many other clubs.  

Inch Hearts
25 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Looks bang bang average in you tube clips, in a game in Ghana's top league....... brugge and schalke.......aye ok then of course they are 

More pish 

Probably.  And there’s not really been any exceptions to go “aye but look at him”.

I don’t think he will be on a lot but he will have to have a decent professional contract to pass work permit regulations.  Can you just sign players for development either?  Im

sure before we’ve had to convince authorities they will get a game at top team level etc? 

Same time, the whole thing could be a lot of shite and he’s no danger of getting a contract. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

You have completely missed the joke there haven't you...

It went right over my head. Time to open a bottle of Chardonnay with my 2 macaroni pies.

9 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Haring fair enough,  we signed him as a CH and it’s been a fantastic change of position for him.  Soapy and Sow both had brilliant credentials.  You can’t really classify them in the same boat as the likes of Akanawaa or our Nigerian prince that was apparently on good money too.  We seem to lose a lot with gambles of players our injured or who need a kick start more often than not.  Let’s hope luck turns our way because that is what is is, a gamble and hope we’re lucky - ultimately it’s the market we’re in with many other clubs.  

Each were punts in their own way though. Other clubs took a pass for whatever reason. Souttar worked Wighton not so far. Sow worked, Oshaniwa didn’t. Point is if we didn’t make risky signings we wouldn’t have seen a lot of good players over the years.

We’ve had more in recent years for very obvious reasons that some seem to ignore - the need to rebuild the squad completely a couple of times for different reasons. Now we have that spine signings will be more targeted with fewer punts.

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That’s not exactly an improvement just an easy run in the cups till we met Celtic.

And more points in the league?????. 

20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Under the amazing burley team we got pumped out by livingston. No cup run is easy.

9 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Probably.  And there’s not really been any exceptions to go “aye but look at him”.

I don’t think he will be on a lot but he will have to have a decent professional contract to pass work permit regulations.  Can you just sign players for development either?  Im

sure before we’ve had to convince authorities they will get a game at top team level etc? 

Same time, the whole thing could be a lot of shite and he’s no danger of getting a contract. 

Get rid of John Murray I'm convinced he's part of the problem with recruitment at Hearts the amount of dross we've signed is astonishing

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Each were punts in their own way though. Other clubs took a pass for whatever reason. Souttar worked Wighton not so far. Sow worked, Oshaniwa didn’t. Point is if we didn’t make risky signings we wouldn’t have seen a lot of good players over the years.

We’ve had more in recent years for very obvious reasons that some seem to ignore - the need to rebuild the squad completely a couple of times for different reasons. Now we have that spine signings will be more targeted with fewer punts.

I’m in complete agreement with what you say.  And I also share the optimism of you too. You can see why others will think this is going to be another dud based on a lot of past history though.  I’m in the it’s pre-season give everyone a chance including the management to get it correct. I

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

Get rid of John Murray I'm convinced he's part of the problem with recruitment at Hearts the amount of dross we've signed is astonishing

There must be a reason he’s also trusted though.

In a ideal world I would bring in the two Parks, John and especially Donald.  I’ve no idea why we seem to ignore Donald all the time when every young player who’s ever came through at Scotland at any stage credits him.  John Park I hear is a Jambo who worked wonders for Hibs then Celtic and now hates and won’t go back to any of them.  Jack Ross wants him down South. 

maroonlegions

Couple of things that caught my attention, one, playing a player out of his natural position AGAIN. And he had generated interest   from a couple of big clubs.

Thr 18-year-old was deployed on the left, despite being a central midfielder by trade, :tlj:as the Doonhamers recorded a 2-1 win over the Jambos.

However, reports today suggest Hearts are ready to offer Nombil a three-year deal, beating off competition from Club Brugge and Schalke in Germany.

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

And more points in the league?????. 

And how many more points was that. We’re we much better. Oh aye 5-0 hammering from Livi, 

getting beat at home by relegated Dundee need I go on and what about the dire boring football 

that had Hearts fans streaming out of Tynecastle after games moaning about Levein & co.

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

thanks

Are ‘cloaked insults’ acceptable?

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

And how many more points was that. We’re we much better. Oh aye 5-0 hammering from Livi, 

getting beat at home by relegated Dundee need I go on and what about the dire boring football 

that had Hearts fans streaming out of Tynecastle after games moaning about Levein & co.

You are a total slaver.  You have been shown to be factually incorrect so just go off on another anti hearts rant. Get a life 

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Under the amazing burley team we got pumped out by livingston. No cup run is easy.

He played reserves which I didn’t agree with but he wanted to concentrate in the league.