Anyone not going to the semi final.....?

Section Q

been here before
3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I'm not a season ticket holder so I can't get a ticket. 

You'll get one no bother.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• luckydug

• ArcticJambo

• GorgieRules22

chester copperpot

I am not going, reasons are well documented on other threads so no need to bring it up again.

I hope all going behave themselves and have a fabulous time, hopefully coming out victorious and getting to a final.

Will be sitting at Edinburgh airport waiting on flight to Cyprus...?

holidays are great but I would rather be going to another Semi final with my dad.

Never know when we might get to another one....

Inch Hearts
11 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

So you’ve missed watching us in semi finals and finals ? Do you go much ?

I was too young to go in 96 if that helps.  

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I was too young to go in 96 if that helps.  

You were at the Scotland game in 93 you said tho ?

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You were at the Scotland game in 93 you said tho ?

Correct.  With a group of young children ran by the boys brigade.  Not on my own or with someone else at a National Semi or final.  

In Spain for two months touring in our motorhome, will be back for the final, if we make it. Last game was Partick away just about getting over that display.

Why not go? You're allowed to treat the pitch like a playground and run around goading the opposition fans at full time without any repercussions.......

Wonder how many not going without a good excuse will want a ticket for the final should we get there??

5 bought. It's what we do!

8 hours ago, jambonian said:

As i had said on another post, i asked about 10 of my Jambo mates if they were going, i was going to get tickets for us altogether but none of them are wanting to go. Surprising as 5 (or is it 6!?) are season ticket holders and have been for donkeys years. Oh well, at least i tried!

Then they are not really 'Jambo' mates are they ?

ST holders and can't be bothered with a semi final wtf.

Makes the predictions of 25k support look unlikely.

Take it you are still going ?

Going along to pick up my Aberdeen tickets on Wednesday and probably pick up semi tickets then.   good chance of a good day out and a win to get us to a final I cant see why poeple would not want to go. 

hmfc_liam06

Will be interesting to see the number of those who are "boycotting" rush for a ticket for the final should we make it.

Of course, they wouldn't do that, would they?

3 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Going along to pick up my Aberdeen tickets on Wednesday and probably pick up semi tickets then.   good chance of a good day out and a win to get us to a final I cant see why poeple would not want to go. 

For those of us who watch home and away every week it’s glaringly obvious why people don’t want to go. The football is utter diarrhoea to watch. It’s gotten so bad that most us us wish the 90mins are up as soon as we kick off. Partick was a low point, Hamilton was a new low. Trouble is we don’t seem to know how to change it as we’ve tried every player in almost every position and nothing working. The team is not a bad team in general but is lacking leadership, guidance and suffering from a severe lack of confidence. Coupled with our disgruntled support who travel in great numbers and it’s easy to see why there is no enthusiasm or appetite for many just now. The teams woeful performances are having a huge negative effect on the support just now as we have become a support of doom mongers and it’s all to do with the product in the park. 

If we win our next 3 then I’m sure it’ll all change and there will be a demand for tix. Lose the next 3 and It doesn’t auger well for the run in to the end of the season. I hope AB realises that the Shiite football on display will be sadly affecting and reducing the coffers that should be pouring but will be slowly ebbing from our beloved club.

We already know we have a new stand that’s over budget and this impacts on the quality of player and wages we can pay. It’s been well documented that it will be another two years before we can pay it off and then start directing funds into the playing team. Strap in lads as it’s going to be another two rough years for us! 

Going and taking the wee man for his first proper Hearts game.

Sporting his new Bauld 9 Hearts top.

Never guaranteed to win any football match. Bring it on I say. 

I sadly wont make it nor the final should we qualify. For the first time ever, I never believed we'd get this far (under CL that is). So I didn't book any leave before hand. I had a look at the leave chart recently and all of April and all of May is booked up. This will be the first semi and possibly final that I will miss following The Famous :sob:

12 hours ago, martoon said:

...and, of course, sisters. 

Apologies for the omission. 

:lol: 

Don’t forget the sisters.

As the Hibs fans always say.  :whistling:

All roads lead to Gorgie

I haven't got my ticket yet, waiting to see if a couple of mates who don't go often want tickets. We can then share the car through. I will be there for sure and just hope the team turn up on the day and give us a performance which we will certainly need to book a place in the final. 

I'll be there. Can't wait...not been to Hampden since that special day in may a few years ago

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

For those of us who watch home and away every week it’s glaringly obvious why people don’t want to go. The football is utter diarrhoea to watch. It’s gotten so bad that most us us wish the 90mins are up as soon as we kick off. Partick was a low point, Hamilton was a new low. Trouble is we don’t seem to know how to change it as we’ve tried every player in almost every position and nothing working. The team is not a bad team in general but is lacking leadership, guidance and suffering from a severe lack of confidence. Coupled with our disgruntled support who travel in great numbers and it’s easy to see why there is no enthusiasm or appetite for many just now. The teams woeful performances are having a huge negative effect on the support just now as we have become a support of doom mongers and it’s all to do with the product in the park. 

If we win our next 3 then I’m sure it’ll all change and there will be a demand for tix. Lose the next 3 and It doesn’t auger well for the run in to the end of the season. I hope AB realises that the Shiite football on display will be sadly affecting and reducing the coffers that should be pouring but will be slowly ebbing from our beloved club.

We already know we have a new stand that’s over budget and this impacts on the quality of player and wages we can pay. It’s been well documented that it will be another two years before we can pay it off and then start directing funds into the playing team. Strap in lads as it’s going to be another two rough years for us! 

What is really confusing though is it's the same players who were playing at the start of the season and we were sitting top of the table have the injuries been the main reason for the downward spiral.

5 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

What is really confusing though is it's the same players who were playing at the start of the season and we were sitting top of the table have the injuries been the main reason for the downward spiral.

A lot of doing well in football is to do with confidence or lack of it.

At the start of the season we had a few cup games where we had some failry poor performances early on but once the fitness levels improved and the new players started to blend in things got better.

We were fortunate for a change with the way the fixtures fell for us and I think that coupled with Uche being a bit of an unklnown quantity helped us go on that great run.

Injuries weaked the team and it did not help with CL shuffling the formation of the team trying to get us back to the winning ways but when it doesn't work then the confidence goes in the players minds and that's when the results start to get worse.

Even with the injured players coming back it has been difficult for them to get back to where they were before injury. You just have to look at Berra and Haring since their return they have been poor by their previous high standards.

CL's constant tinkering and lack of belief in the players ability to win a game particularly away from home in my opinion certainly doesn't help the cause.

This negativity rubs off on the players and they start to doubt that they can win and if we do take the lead in a game it is backs to the wall to try and protect it.

That is why our results in the last six games have us in eighth place out of twelve in the league.

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Correct.  With a group of young children ran by the boys brigade.  Not on my own or with someone else at a National Semi or final.  

If you were too young in 96, but not too young in 93...:interehjrling:

Who are you...Benjamin ****** Button?

20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

A lot of doing well in football is to do with confidence or lack of it.

At the start of the season we had a few cup games where we had some failry poor performances early on but once the fitness levels improved and the new players started to blend in things got better.

We were fortunate for a change with the way the fixtures fell for us and I think that coupled with Uche being a bit of an unklnown quantity helped us go on that great run.

Injuries weaked the team and it did not help with CL shuffling the formation of the team trying to get us back to the winning ways but when it doesn't work then the confidence goes in the players minds and that's when the results start to get worse.

Even with the injured players coming back it has been difficult for them to get back to where they were before injury. You just have to look at Berra and Haring since their return they have been poor by their previous high standards.

CL's constant tinkering and lack of belief in the players ability to win a game particularly away from home in my opinion certainly doesn't help the cause.

This negativity rubs off on the players and they start to doubt that they can win and if we do take the lead in a game it is backs to the wall to try and protect it.

That is why our results in the last six games have us in eighth place out of twelve in the league.

Good reply WD

15 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

So you’ve missed watching us in semi finals and finals ? Do you go much ?

Someone else hay have answered and ive missed it....   but 96 league cup final and 97/98 semi n final were away from hampden.

95 final at hampden may have been robbos last appearance there with us but i would be happy proved wrong.   Just from my memory

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

If you were too young in 96, but not too young in 93...:interehjrling:

Who are you...Benjamin ****** Button?

My parents thought it was okay to go with a youth club to an international match fully supervised with other people similar to my age.

My parents weren’t willing for me to go with a pals dad to the Semi a couple of years later.  

Im struggling as to how that’s not self explanatory. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

My parents thought it was okay to go with a youth club to an international match fully supervised with other people similar to my age.

My parents weren’t willing for me to go with a pals dad to the Semi a couple of years later.  

Im struggling as to how that’s not self explanatory. 

What you really mean is your mum didn't let you go.

Bless.

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Elshin said:

Someone else hay have answered and ive missed it....   but 96 league cup final and 97/98 semi n final were away from hampden.

95 final at hampden may have been robbos last appearance there with us but i would be happy proved wrong.   Just from my memory

1996 Semi and Final both played at Hampden, last games before redevelopment.  Coca Cola cup in the November (I think) Celtic Park. 

OmiyaHearts
39 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

At the start of the season they were all new players looking to make an impact.

The results got pish once our coaches managers to turn them into hammer throwers, devoid of any confidence and clearly told not to take any chances or express themselves.

Of course, we had some injuries, but not to impact us in such a way that every guy in the team looks like he’d rather be anywhere else.

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

What you really mean is your mum didn't let you go.

Bless.

Erm yes,  that’s what I said all along :lol: 

That and my Rangers couch supporting dad not wanting to take me either. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Independence
15 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I've no idea why anyone who can go would even think about not going.

Yes the football is shite but semifinals are generally poor anyway.

We are 90mins away from the final. The team needs our support.

?

THIS !!!!

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Erm yes,  that’s what I said all along :lol: 

You don't think it's confusing that your mum thinks you're too young 3 years after you weren't deemed too young?

How old were you in 96?

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You don't think it's confusing that your mum thinks you're too young 3 years after you weren't deemed too young?

How old were you in 96?

Its not confusing at all.  One is a match taken to and attended by the boys brigade in a group with group leaders to an international match fully supervised by the boys brigade, people my parents trusted and knew for a good few years.

Another was a National Semi Final getting taken to by a pals dad.

As a parent now I would have completely the same opinion if my children grow up to like another side.  My oldest is 11 and is going through a liking Celtic stage like his pal.  No danger I would let him go to Hampden with his pal and his dad to their Semi.  I would have a couple of years ago let him go with his boys club to an international match though. 

I was 11 in 96. 

36 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Its not just injuries alone but a combination of a few factors I suspect. The players seem demotivated and uninterested and we already look a beaten side before we step on the park. Heads seem to go down far too easily just now and that shows a lack of confidence. 

I haven’t seen anyone outside SN shouting and encouraging players on the park. Our current captain seems to have lost his voice and seems to be fighting his own personal and physical battles. Although I do think our physiological problems just now are bigger than our physical problems. When we lost a goal against sevco  after two mins at Ibroke in the first game, at least we tried to make a fight of it and were unlucky no to have scored two before the hun hit back to lead 3-0 at halftime.  I fear this current group would just roll over and play damage limitations for 90 mins.  I haven’t seen morale as low as this in ages. Even lockys team of bairns gave maximum effort on our way down to the championship. This lack of leadership in the team has started at management level and seems to have filtered all the way down to the current playing squad. Same players but Jeckyll and Hyde performances from beginning of the season to current status. Even the soundbytes after a game seems to be the same uninspired drivel I’ve heard far too often this year. The referee didn’t give us a penalty, we were unlucky, we played well and had plenty possession, Bobby never had a save to make but had to pick the ball out the net....blah blah blah. 

When we were riding high on a wave of optimism at the start of the season and 9 games in, then the feel good factor was ever present throughout the whole club and from top down to bottom. When teams struck first we battled back and overturned them. This isn’t happening anymore. Now going to games feels like going to a wake instead and I’m just glad it’s all over. As soon as games were over I was already looking forward to the next one and Saturdays couldn’t come quick enough. Lately though the Saturdays are coming around far too quickly. Confidence has gone across the board and starting to spread through the support. We are in the semi of the Scottish cup and morale is at rock bottom. Enthusiasm is dying and you can point the finger as many times but there’s a lack of responsibility at the club Just now. No one knows how to change it and that’s the worrying part. 

We also don’t seem to have a current game plan and our forays of late into Glasgow have resembled a re-enactment of Custer’s last stand at the little Bighorn. We all know how that ends up! I fear another massacre next Wednesday night unless we have an inspiring performance against Aberdeen. We have to carry an air of arrogance and confidence going into games which we had at the start of the season. We are sadly lacking this just now and maybe therein lies the problem? 

GorgieRules22
17 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Its not confusing at all.  One is a match taken to and attended by the boys brigade in a group with group leaders to an international match fully supervised by the boys brigade, people my parents trusted and knew for a good few years.

Another was a National Semi Final getting taken to by a pals dad.

As a parent now I would have completely the same opinion if my children grow up to like another side.  My oldest is 11 and is going through a liking Celtic stage like his pal.  No danger I would let him go to Hampden with his pal and his dad to their Semi.  I would have a couple of years ago let him go with his boys club to an international match though. 

I was 11 in 96. 

You should be telling your laddie he’s a Hearts fan, what are you thinking about giving him a choice ? Bad parenting ?

Serge Pizzorno
24 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

How old were you in 96?

Ffs, you’re really questioning his mums parenting decisions from 23 years ago? (I would have been negative 4)

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Ffs, you’re really questioning his mums parenting decisions from 23 years ago? (I would have been negative 4)

No, I'm not really. I question MY mothers parenting decisions years after, though.?

I’ll be honest (as I always try to be)……………..I am not going as I am becoming a fairweather fan, I am utterly scunnered with the team, coaching staff, manager and mainly Ann Budge. I feel absolutely nothing to the players that go out on to the park week in week out and see them, to a man as a bunch of losers and a disgrace to the club.

Inch Hearts
16 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You should be telling your laddie he’s a Hearts fan, what are you thinking about giving him a choice ? Bad parenting ?

He will naturally become a Jambo and he’s been loads.  I’m not shoving it down his throat though as he’s two wee brothers as back up :lol: 

36 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I’ll be honest (as I always try to be)……………..I am not going as I am becoming a fairweather fan, I am utterly scunnered with the team, coaching staff, manager and mainly Ann Budge. I feel absolutely nothing to the players that go out on to the park week in week out and see them, to a man as a bunch of losers and a disgrace to the club.

A new low in negativity. Well done! All the Jambos you'll have NO CHANCE of sitting next to and infecting with your world-class miserable vibes will be breathing a sigh of relief. ?

GorgieRules22
51 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Your weekends will be fun, personally can’t stand weekends without a bit football in my life....some people just don’t have the same thing for hearts as others do though I get that.

No sure I’d post so much about hearts on here if I didn’t care tho ... that parts fairly strange.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Your weekends will be fun, personally can’t stand weekends without a bit football in my life....some people just don’t have the same thing for hearts as others do though I get that.

No sure I’d post so much about hearts on here if I didn’t care tho ... that parts fairly strange.

I do care, just not as much as I should.  I have completely fallen out of love with football and indeed sport.

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I do care, just not as much as I should.  I have completely fallen out of love with football and indeed sport.

Shame you’ve not fallen out of love with posting the same tedious, negative shite on here every single day!