Bjørn Johnsen

Perth to Paisley

The White Cockade
8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I thought he had started to develop a good playing relationship with Djoum but unfortunately Djoum got his bad achilles injury which kept him out long term and Johnsen's play went a bit downhill after that.

thought Jonsson was away the year before Djoum did his achilles?

On 24/03/2019 at 07:00, To Be Frank said:

Folk saying “we should have given Johnsen more time before writing him off” and emphasising their point by writing off Vanecek. ?

There were so many signs from BJ that was enough to keep the faith. There is nothing from Vanacek.

Never rated Johnsen when he was here, hid in games and had the heart of a mouse. Like others have said he didn't seem to suit the pace of the game here. The same can't be said for Isma imo, he always looked our most likely threat and wasn't afraid to take a man on and have a go. 

Cruyff Turn
12 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

He did his medial ligament. 

24 minutes ago, communist said:

Never rated Johnsen when he was here, hid in games and had the heart of a mouse. Like others have said he didn't seem to suit the pace of the game here. The same can't be said for Isma imo, he always looked our most likely threat and wasn't afraid to take a man on and have a go. 

Johnson could certainly play when he liked. My main complaint about him was that he seemed to lack appetite where there was any physicality in a match. In fact he seemed to disappear completely in these games.

chester copperpot

Simple fact is he wasn't suited to the Scottish Game.

Seems to have adapted to Holland though and doing quite well by all accounts.

You could tell he was semi decent but I wasn't disappointed to lose him personally. 

On 24/03/2019 at 00:10, Mr Elwood P said:

He was outstanding in the 2-0 victory over Rangers just before Neilson left.

Remember him for that back heeler to Sam....?

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

There were so many signs from BJ that was enough to keep the faith. There is nothing from Vanacek.

Not according to the loonies on here slaughtering Johnsen at the time. I agree there were signs with him though. He had a great first touch and awareness of what was going on around him.

I see the same in Vanecek however his fitness level (and now his confidence) is very poor and we won’t see the real him till next season.

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Not according to the loonies on here slaughtering Johnsen at the time. I agree there were signs with him though. He had a great first touch and awareness of what was going on around him.

I see the same in Vanecek however his fitness level (and now his confidence) is very poor and we won’t see the real him till next season.

Someone (can't mind who) nailed it above by using the term "timid" to describe BJ.  Very accurate.  This will always prevent him form  moving to the next level - same as Djoum.  Bags of ability just never really capable of rolling the sleeves up and having a good old fashioned footballing dust up for 90 minutes when the going gets tough.

Edited by i8hibsh

You simply have to 'give as good as you get' to be a success in this league.  You don't have to be Maradona to do well in this league you just have to 'get stuck in'.  A big issue with Hearts in the 'Budge era' is how soft as shite our players were.

The following are some of the softest pansies to ever grace our turf (note : this is not to say they have no ability):

Pallardo, Gomis, Bauben, Kitchen,  Cowie, Struna, Sowah, Juanma, Vanacek, BJ, , Djoum

Alex Kintner
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Someone (can't mind who) nailed it above by using the term "timid" to describe BJ.  Very accurate.  This will always prevent him form  moving to the next level - same as Djoum.  Bags of ability just never really capable of rolling the sleeves up and having a good old fashioned footballing dust up for 90 minutes when the going gets tough.

Totally disagree re. Djoum. Gets totally stuck in and is more than capable of the physical battle. There was a period of time about a year ago where he looked a bit timid and may have been carrying a knock but this season he has been excellent when played as a central combative midfielder.

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You simply have to 'give as good as you get' to be a success in this league.  You don't have to be Maradona to do well in this league you just have to 'get stuck in'.  A big issue with Hearts in the 'Budge era' is how soft as shite our players were.

The following are some of the softest pansies to ever grace our turf (note : this is not to say they have no ability):

Pallardo, Gomis, Bauben, Kitchen,  Cowie, Struna, Sowah, Juanma, Vanacek, BJ, , Djoum

Pallardo seemed pretty “nails” iirc ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Pallardo seemed pretty “nails” iirc ??‍♂️

Not when we took the step up to the SPL.

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not when we took the step up to the SPL.

It was a lack of quality, not toughness that held him back in his second season.

20 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Could have been I just remember them seeming to form a decent parternship when Djoum got injured.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You don’t have to do that in most leagues in the world though, and we wonder why we are so far behind.

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Yeah he was it was another injury Djoum got in Cathros tenure, he then came back and got the Achilles 3/4 months later.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Could have been I just remember them seeming to form a decent parternship when Djoum got injured.

They did, especially when we beat Rangers 4:1 under Cathro in 2017 then Djoum got injured, his Achilles injury was up at Dingwall under Levein in 2018.

Edited by Pasquale for King

I liked Johnsen. Good player under Robbie and unfortunately seemed to lose it under Cathro.

Sean Clare reminds me of him a wee bit tbh. A tall laddie who has more in the way of skills and technical ability rather than an imposing physical ability. Plays really good stuff when confident but if that's not there, can have a very quiet game. I'm hopeful that SC doesn't follow the same trajectory of busting up with a "manager" and ends up being shit hot somewhere else leaving us wondering what could've been

upgotheheads
On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 17:08, Thommo414 said:

I liked Johnsen. Good player under Robbie and unfortunately seemed to lose it under Cathro.

Sean Clare reminds me of him a wee bit tbh. A tall laddie who has more in the way of skills and technical ability rather than an imposing physical ability. Plays really good stuff when confident but if that's not there, can have a very quiet game. I'm hopeful that SC doesn't follow the same trajectory of busting up with a "manager" and ends up being shit hot somewhere else leaving us wondering what could've been

A very good comparison imo. I thought Johnsen was a great prospect but we somehow managed to mishandle him, to his detriment in the short term and ours in the long term.

On 25/03/2019 at 13:52, communist said:

:spoton:worst I’ve seen in a Hearts jersey in reference to your “Heart of a mouse.”

Seymour M Hersh
On 25/03/2019 at 08:55, chester copperpot said:

Simple fact is he wasn't suited to the Scottish Game.

Seems to have adapted to Holland though and doing quite well by all accounts.

You could tell he was semi decent but I wasn't disappointed to lose him personally. 

The sad thing is Chester that's far more an indictment of the game here than him. That's how far down Scottish football has gone. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh