Bjørn Johnsen

Perth to Paisley

Perth to Paisley

Only saw the last 5 minutes of the Spain Norway but the commentator said Bjørn Johnsen made a difference when he came on as a sub.

Stories of punch ups with Cathro have been mentioned but that sounds a bit far fetched, wonder what really went on.

Shame he didn't get the opportunities to show his talent at Tynecastle.

I wish we kept the lad. Took him time to settle into Scottish football, he started to come onto a game just before he left.

I think he may have also won player of the month if I remeber correctly? 

Edited by Chaps

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, Chaps said:

I wish we kept the lad. Took him time to settle into Scottish football, he started to come onto a game just before he left.

I think he may have also won player of the month if I remeber correctly? 

He was outstanding in the 2-0 victory over Rangers just before Neilson left.

Sexton Hardcastle

When he played shite He got the usual boo big treatment which is expected with our idiotic support. Happens time and time again.

good to see he has proven a lot of people wrong and those right who could see a player in him. 

He used to frequent Dalry a lot and visited Dickens Hearts Museuem a few times. Lovely big fella and his bursd was tidy ! 

Never admitted to hitting Cathro but left no doubt he’d like to ! 

Was gutted at getting forced out the door .

Jambo 4 Ever
5 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Give me back Isma and Johnsen over MacLean and Vanecek every day of the week

This

3 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

Vanecek needs time to settle. He'll come good, if he's allowed to play his natural game. But the usual fecking about with formation has the boy stressed out his nut, by the looks of it.

I thought Johnsen was no bad, but I'll not lose sleep over it. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Lucky for him he got out we became a circus. Staying at Hearts would have done him no favours sadly, Cathro would have ruined him. Levein also has a hard time getting the most out of players. Bet he's not unhappy at how everything turned out.

Alex Kintner

Folk saying “we should have given Johnsen more time before writing him off” and emphasising their point by writing off Vanecek. ?

been here before

Another one who seems to get a thread every few months...

Looked spineless to me, never seemed to be up for it

Anyhow he's gone. He's been away for 2 years. Lets get over it.

#staystrong4bjorn

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Played well for Neilson and shite for Cathro like every other player.

Cathro doing well as a coach. Wasn't a man management type and there was collateral damage 

The Internet
59 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Folk saying “we should have given Johnsen more time before writing him off” and emphasising their point by writing off Vanecek. ?

While also pretending they didn't mercilessly abuse both him and isma in their time here. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Always remember a defence splitting pass onto Arnold who stuck it away, unlikely to see that again with our sideways retention at all costs?

Very skillful and could have been an exciting player for us, did not play by the Cathro coaching manual though. It is not always about the coach and systems, sometimes it is about getting the best out of players. Probably he is now getting the freedom to play his own game. Would also have liked to have kept Milinkovic, think he would have excelled with Uche. It is all old ground now and we have a lot of exciting and important  games coming up very quickly and maybe Keena should be getting run up front with Uche.

It's funny how everyone is "should of gave him more time" "there was a player in there" "dissapointed he left". When all I remember on kickback was how much a shitebag he was, couldny jump, couldny hold the ball up, not physical enough etc etc. Hindsight eh. Hopefully Vanecek kicks on and we learn to stay more patient. 

8 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

It's funny how everyone is "should of gave him more time" "there was a player in there" "dissapointed he left". When all I remember on kickback was how much a shitebag he was, couldny jump, couldny hold the ball up, not physical enough etc etc. Hindsight eh. Hopefully Vanecek kicks on and we learn to stay more patient. 

Vanecek may well 'kick on' .

'Stay more patient' ! I assume you are jesting 

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

While also pretending they didn't mercilessly abuse both him and isma in their time here. 

22 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

Both spot on.

The same sort of morons who hired planes when Neilson was in charge. :facepalm:

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Both spot on.

The same sort of morons who hired planes when Neilson was in charge. :facepalm:

What about being patient for Edwards Martin Osh Danny Akwa.. and all the other shite that people where just being impatient about and will come good eventually? Finally it dawns they are guff and just quietly go by the back door.  

There’s no doubt we never got the best out of him, but I doubt had he stayed he’d have made the kind of impact he has since moving on.

He wasn’t suited to the game in this country. He wasn’t the first and certainly won’t be the last.

Alex Kintner
11 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

What about being patient for Edwards Martin Osh Danny Akwa.. and all the other shite that people where just being impatient about and will come good eventually? Finally it dawns they are guff and just quietly go by the back door.  

Not sure if you’re quoting my post because you were one of the morons who hired the plane? ??‍♂️

None of the four players you mentioned are comparable to Isma or Johnsen situations. Both were deemed good enough to be starting regularly by the managers at the time yet received ridiculous levels of abuse. Edwards, Martin and Amankwaa barely kicked a ball in a Hearts shirt.

Bottom line is that some fans wither have zero patience and/or a sense of entitlement. The ones that have both are the ones who hire planes to get rid of managers who have us top three in the league and who write off players immediately. I better they got tore right into Hartley, Pressley and Zaliukas in their first six months in a Hearts shirt :facepalm:

Edited by To Be Frank

4 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

This

People need to understand that some players are signed to start and others are signed to bulk out the squad, coming in to cover where necessary.

Edited by Spellczech

maroonnicky63

Honestly , never read so much nonsense in my life he was slaughtered on here and all of a sudden everyone liked him

4 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Probably gets better service now. Funny how all our strikers are crap. 

I thought he had started to develop a good playing relationship with Djoum but unfortunately Djoum got his bad achilles injury which kept him out long term and Johnsen's play went a bit downhill after that.

Edited by wavydavy

Had ability but didn’t suit the physicality of the league (or our tactics of shelling it over his head when we’d got bored of passing it sideways under Cathro).

Dutch football probably gets the best out of him

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Lucky for him he got out we became a circus. Staying at Hearts would have done him no favours sadly, Cathro would have ruined him. Levein also has a hard time getting the most out of players. Bet he's not unhappy at how everything turned out.

We've been mincing up strikers for years. If the coaching and formation, lack of crosses and chances doesn't finish them off, the moaning brigade in our support will pretty much make their life hell. The abuse Isma got for "being lazy"* was unreal. 

*add your own subtext

Cruyff Turn

Wasn’t suited to Scottish Football, possibly utilised wrongly at Hearts. 

Still can’t believe we appointed that feckin idiot Cathro though.

15 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Isma was treated disgracefully by some so called Hearts fans. Couldn't wait to boo him. What he had is exactly what we lack now....a player that's willing to get stuck in and try to create. Sure, he missed a few goal-scoring chances but he scored some great goals also and no-one could ever question his desire. Was quite happy to chase opposition wingers back to full-back positions and get a tackle in. If we had 10 Isma's in our team we'd be top of the league, certainly for enthusiasm.

As for Jonhnsen, treated unfairly by the coaching management teams, like a few others. Least he's moved on and in a place where he can get on with football and not treated poorly. 

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Most of the stick Vanacek was getting cake from those wanting to justify Levein’s very public criticism of a player he had personally signed and who had played approx 60mins

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

We've been mincing up strikers for years. If the coaching and formation, lack of crosses and chances doesn't finish them off, the moaning brigade in our support will pretty much make their life hell. The abuse Isma got for "being lazy"* was unreal. 

*add your own subtext

Why not just call Hearts fans racist and get on with it?

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Still can’t believe we appointed that feckin idiot Cathro though.

The trouble with many job applicants these days is that they have professional CVs, so look good on paper.

Cathro had all the coaching skills on paper, the issue was that he was a **** with no managerial nous too boot.

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why not just call Hearts fans racist and get on with it?

No-one mentioned racism as far as I've noticed.

5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The trouble with many job applicants these days is that they have professional CVs, so look good on paper.

Cathro had all the coaching skills on paper, the issue was that he was a **** with no managerial nous too boot.

He's part of the X-Box generation who was more interested in working out formations on a screen than on the football pitch. Never thought he was ever going to work as a coach/manager personally.

Cruyff Turn
26 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I get that it’s a lot harder for the likes of ourselves to filter through the shite to find the right candidate , compared to say the top clubs who can just pick a good manager and pay the compo. 

But **** me man, he hadn’t even coached a reserve or under 21’s team. What were they thinking? Absolutely mental appointment. 

We should have promoted from within and stuck to the structure as it worked with Neilson, at least then we would have someone with experience of playing, coaching and managing reserve & youth teams. 

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I get that it’s a lot harder for the likes of ourselves to filter through the shite to find the right candidate , compared to say the top clubs who can just pick a good manager and pay the compo. 

But **** me man, he hadn’t even coached a reserve or under 21’s team. What were they thinking? Absolutely mental appointment. 

We should have promoted from within and stuck to the structure as it worked with Neilson, at least then we would have someone with experience of playing, coaching and managing reserve & youth teams. 

A five minute interview would have sussed out that chancer. 

Cathie was an appointment that had most fans excited at the start.

Shame it didn't work but credit to Hearts for trying something different.

No matter how bad we get I cannot see me ever thinking I wish we still had Isma playing for us. 

Gibson_HMFC
18 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Only saw the last 5 minutes of the Spain Norway but the commentator said Bjørn Johnsen made a difference when he came on as a sub.

Stories of punch ups with Cathro have been mentioned but that sounds a bit far fetched, wonder what really went on.

Shame he didn't get the opportunities to show his talent at Tynecastle.

Probably the same thing that went on with Jack Ross. 

rudi must stay
10 hours ago, kila said:

He wasn’t utilised to his strengths at Hearts

Johnsen had major weaknesses but I think Neilson played him better than Cathro. The fact we sold him and look at him now, is utterly criminal. We should be ashamed

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Probably the same thing that went on with Jack Ross. 

Really? Do tell. 

2 hours ago, benny said:

Cathie was an appointment that had most fans excited at the start.

Shame it didn't work but credit to Hearts for trying something different.

No matter how bad we get I cannot see me ever thinking I wish we still had Isma playing for us. 

Cathro was an exciting appointment for most Hearts fans I will give you that.

None of us had an opportunity to interview him though, as someone said above after speaking to him for 5 minutes we should have shook his hands and wished him well!!

Edited by Longshanks

20 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Absolutely,  liked the both of them and walker and Nicholson back and we would be in a much better position