The sheer injustice of going

haveyouheard 22

Compared to females guys get it pretty easy with what nature has thrown at us but without the slightest shadow of doubt this is the one that no woman on the planet would swap with us. I started losing my hair in my 20s

:sob:

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Compared to females guys get it pretty easy with what nature has thrown at us but without the slightest shadow of doubt this is the one that no woman on the planet would swap with us. I started losing my hair in my 20s

:sob:

Agree completely. I’ve been going grey since I was 18 which I can cope with but going bald I could not. Why is it that men often go bald but women rarely do? Maybe I should pose that question in another thread. 

I started going bald from the front when I was still in my teens, like coastal erosion my hair line was slowly creeping backwards.

Luckily I'm an extremely handsome guy who could get away with having a Bobby Charlton comb over if I wanted, however if just been shaving my head since my mid 20s.

Harry Potter
7 minutes ago, superjack said:

I started going bald from the front when I was still in my teens, like coastal erosion my hair line was slowly creeping backwards.

Luckily I'm an extremely handsome guy who could get away with having a Bobby Charlton comb over if I wanted, however if just been shaving my head since my mid 20s.

Still got some hair and to be honest its not a worry at all, bit grey now and no way would i dye it, you can spot that a mile off lol.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Still got some hair and to be honest its not a worry at all, bit grey now and no way would i dye it, you can spot that a mile off lol.

I also have grey coming through what's left. If I'm being honest, although the baldness never bothered me the greying I dislike. Even getting grey hairs on my face, chest and balls.

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, superjack said:

I also have grey coming through what's left. If I'm being honest, although the baldness never bothered me the greying I dislike. Even getting grey hairs on my face, chest and balls.

Aye the grey tends to go all over bud, ha ha, 

4 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Agree completely. I’ve been going grey since I was 18 which I can cope with but going bald I could not. Why is it that men often go bald but women rarely do? Maybe I should pose that question in another thread. 

Maybe it's not blindness that masturbation causes.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Are we still talking about heads, because if not I have questions.

Still have a thick full head of hair. A few gray streaks on my sides but approaching my 30s I'll take it. Would be depressing losing my hair. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Just shave said face, chest and balls then.

3 hours ago, superjack said:

This surprises me, I have a mental picture of some posters and yours is completely not this.

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

This is is what I imagine of you Harry.

58 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Still have a thick full head of hair. A few gray streaks on my sides but approaching my 30s I'll take it. Would be depressing losing my hair. 

Exactly what I would have thought of you, Alim.

I guess that I sometimes associate folks avatars with how they might look, so that’s obviously what I’ve done with you. I also have you as being quite wee and stockily built?

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

This surprises me, I have a mental picture of some posters and yours is completely not this.

I'm curious now Morgan, how do you picture me?

2 minutes ago, superjack said:

I'm curious now Morgan, how do you picture me?

Average height (maybe 5 foot 11), slim, longish dark hair, maybe a wee beard and dressed in black.

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Average height (maybe 5 foot 11), slim, longish dark hair, maybe a wee beard and dressed in black.

Almost got the height right, 5ft 10, slim (apart from my belly), as already stated shaved head, and usually clean shaven, never more than 3 days growth. I can't grow a beard or moustache so just keep it clean.

My impression of you is 6ft, average build with a slight belly, dark hair swept back and a roll up always in your mouth, but never actually lit.

Just now, superjack said:

Almost got the height right, 5ft 10, slim (apart from my belly), as already stated shaved head, and usually clean shaven, never more than 3 days growth. I can't grow a beard or moustache so just keep it clean.

My impression of you is 6ft, average build with a slight belly, dark hair swept back and a roll up always in your mouth, but never actually lit.

About 6 foot (just less), no belly, light brown hair combed back, clean shaven, tanned and I’ve never had a cigarette in my mouth in my life!

29 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I guess that I sometimes associate folks avatars with how they might look, so that’s obviously what I’ve done with you. I also have you as being quite wee and stockily built?

31 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You got me down to a tee mate. 

Harry Potter
27 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Going bald isn't an issue. I actually wish the hair I've got left would just feck off. 

Ha Ha, brilliant.

10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Ha Ha, brilliant.

:biggrin:

I’m sure it’s no laughing matter to some though.

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:biggrin:

I’m sure it’s no laughing matter to some though.

Aye, must be great having a tan though Morgan, lovely warm weather, great. 

3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

? yep, still talking about heads. 

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

? yep, still talking about heads. 

:lol: 

That’s the way to keep his gas at a peep!

:wink: 

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

That’s the way to keep his gas at a peep!

Image result for oh really meme

5 hours ago, superjack said:

Hahaha I started getting white pubes on my bawsac a couple of years ago. Had 3 to start with. I cut them off and put them in a mates birthday card.

I can't even count them now, they're so plentiful and they're also taking over on my chin.

Always had really thick hair, can't go out in a slight breeze without it looking like I have a bramble Bush on my head. 

Won't ever go bald though so it's all good 

The balding never bothered me as, thanks to my arsehole of a father always ensuring I knew that baldness is hereditary, I always new I'd have an aerodynamic head. The greying is what hurt as I never expected it.

3 minutes ago, superjack said:

The balding never bothered me as, thanks to my arsehole of a father always ensuring I knew that baldness is hereditary, I always new I'd have an aerodynamic head. The greying is what hurt as I never expected it.

My dad “unintentionally” prepared me for it when I was at primary school. Cutting my hair and the clippers guard came of.

Can’t say I enjoyed having to go to school looking like a 10 year old kojak but I’m not fussed now.  :lol:

Early 60's. Full head of hair which is getting whiter all the time. Each haircut , l'm amazed at the amount of white hair on the barber's pinny (phnaar). What is sort of shocking is the amount of white in my beard which l have let grow after 15 years.

Is there not something about baldness only being hereditary from your mums side of the family?  Think I’ve heard that somewhere before.

6 minutes ago, inspector said:

Early 60's. Full head of hair which is getting whiter all the time. Each haircut , l'm amazed at the amount of white hair on the barber's pinny (phnaar). What is sort of shocking is the amount of white in my beard which l have let grow after 15 years.

There will be folk on here pulling their hair out over your story.

That is of course, if they’ve got any to pull.  :biggrin2:

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

There will be folk on here pulling their hair out over your story.

That is of course, if they’ve got any to pull.  :biggrin2:

True but funny

3 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Hair is over rated. 

It really isn't. 

Only the bald would say that. 

I would say though that people who fight against baldness by comb overs/dogs ect really look ridiculous.  

22 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It really isn't. 

Only the bald would say that. 

I would say though that people who fight against baldness by comb overs/dogs ect really look ridiculous.  

I would agree someone covering a bald spot with a dog would look ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, inspector said:

What is sort of shocking is the amount of white in my beard which l have let grow after 15 years.

My chest hair and beard have been white since my mid 30's, it makes the current fashion for beards a non starter for me. 

13 hours ago, gjcc said:

I would agree someone covering a bald spot with a dog would look ridiculous. 

Unless of course, it was a spotty dog.

12 hours ago, Tazio said:

My chest hair and beard have been white since my mid 30's, it makes the current fashion for beards a non starter for me. 

Are you Santa Claus?

Sawdust Caesar
22 hours ago, Morgan said:

Is there not something about baldness only being hereditary from your mums side of the family?  Think I’ve heard that somewhere before.

I've heard the same and my best mate went bald in his 20s and his father, who is 82, still has a decent head of hair. But I had a look on the web and here is a quote from a website -

"Myth: Hair loss is passed down from your mother's side.

Not entirely true. While the primary baldness gene is on the X chromosome, which men get only from their mothers, other factors are also in play. The hereditary factor is slightly more dominant on the woman's side, but research suggests that men who have a bald father are more likely to develop male pattern baldness than those who don't."

And to add injury to insult baldness increases your chance of heart disease fivefold.

16 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

I've heard the same and my best mate went bald in his 20s and his father, who is 82, still has a decent head of hair. But I had a look on the web and here is a quote from a website -

Not entirely true. While the primary baldness gene is on the X chromosome, which men get only from their mothers, other factors are also in play. The hereditary factor is slightly more dominant on the woman's side, but research suggests that men who have a bald father are more likely to develop male pattern baldness than those who don't."

And to add injury to insult baldness increases your chance of heart disease fivefold.

My baldness definitely came from my fathers side as it followed the exact same pattern as his did where as on my mothers side the men went bald from the back.

45 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

27 minutes ago, superjack said:

My baldness definitely came from my fathers side as it followed the exact same pattern as his did where as on my mothers side the men went bald from the back.

Mmmm...

My dad and his dad were both bald but my mums dad had a full head.

The theory I had heard seems to have worked for me, but I know a lot of blokes who have gone bald just like their own fathers.

Who knows?

The bit about heart disease seems a bit strange though.

On 24/03/2019 at 13:23, IronJambo said:

Going bald isn't an issue. I actually wish the hair I've got left would just feck off. 

This is where I am at now. Balding since I was 22. First cut it really short about 24 with the electic clippers (number 2 blade) then shave completely bald since my 30’s. 

Have to shave from the neck up every couple of days. Pist aff wi it! Wish it would just GTF so I dont have to shave my slap heed in the shower so often!

13 hours ago, Morgan said:

Mmmm...

My dad and his dad were both bald but my mums dad had a full head.

The theory I had heard seems to have worked for me, but I know a lot of blokes who have gone bald just like their own fathers.

Who knows?

The bit about heart disease seems a bit strange though.

My dad who is now 88 has more hair than I do ☹️

(Come to think of it, could be a stewards enquiry. Auld Mrs S may have been “A lass” in her youth me thinks). 

Edited by Pans Jambo

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

This is where I am at now. Balding since I was 22. First cut it really short about 24 with the electic clippers (number 2 blade) then shave completely bald since my 30’s. 

Have to shave from the neck up every couple of days. Pist aff wi it! Wish it would just GTF so I dont have to shave my slap heed in the shower so often!

Been cutting it with a bare beard trimmer for 4 years but if I leave it more then a week between cuts half my head just goes fluffy and looks like a baby ducks arse. 

I'd much sooner have none than what I've got.