• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Morgan

• merrymac

• ri Alban

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

4-0 up against Czech Republic.

Cracking young team they have. They're going to be a great team in a few years.

Come on Ian get the title right.

Its Engerland:thumbsup:

Maroon Sailor

Aye but could they do it against Kazakhstan

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Салатные палочки
10 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

4-0 up against Czech Republic.

Cracking young team they have. They're going to be a great team in a few years.

Quite depressing how good they look.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Aye but could they do it against Khazakstan

No way crossing 43 time zones, and a plastic pitch is a great  leveller

Khaza 1 Engerland 0

Yeah we have been here before and they **** it up and dont reach their potential.

And they should have a cracking side with the investment and sheer scale of players.

Just now, jbee647 said:

England are out of sight compared to Scotland , it’s like comparing Manchester City to Oldham

Or Man City to Hearts

Won their respective Cups in 1956.

Slight difference in progress since then (not without a few hickups for City on the way admittedly)

12 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Just said the same thing to my mate :(

4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Or Man City to Hearts

Won their respective Cups in 1956.

Slight difference in progress since then (not without a few hickups for City on the way admittedly)

£1billion pound investment helps.

Edited by Jamboelite

Just now, Jamboelite said:

£1billion pound investment helps.

Exactly we were comparing England to Scotland and that also applies

Craig Levein is a more experienced and better manager than Gareth Southgate. 

Let that sink in.

?

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

Oh aye another "golden generation" that will never win anything.

They'll still be challenging whilst we're getting turned over by the likes of Kazakhstan though.

8 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Exactly we were comparing England to Scotland and that also applies

Obviously not disagreeing with that point

However it’s going to come to a point in the not too distant future, where England will be so far ahead of Scotland that we will never get near to them, they will soon be out of sight compared to Scotland 

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

They'll still be challenging whilst we're getting turned over by the likes of Kazakhstan though.

Think both countries tend to underperform.

We have just taken it to a totally different level

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

However it’s going to come to a point in the not too distant future, where England will be so far ahead of Scotland that we will never get near to them, they will soon be out of sight compared to Scotland 

I hate to break it to you bud...but, we're already there :(

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

:spoton:

Class of 75
18 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Let that sink in.

?

Possibly but I wish Hearts played like that. 

England brought an 18 year old off the bench. We gave a debut to a 27 year old Sheffield Wednesday player who qualifies through a Scottish penpal or some shite.

kirkierobroy

Clearly England are quite capable of winning something soon.

I hate myself, life and the world and I want to die.

Bitter, twisted, petty? You betcha,

SwindonJambo
15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

England are an extremely good side.

Anyone that says they aren’t is just biased.

I still didn't watch it. Or any of their games at the World Cup apart from the pen shoot out v Colombia through a pub window in Prague. I listened to the 2nd half of their game v Croatia on the radio and felt relieved at the end 

Don't care about the England football team, good or bad though it's always a good laugh when they lose. I've only lived here 37 years - you can't expect me to care :D

They do sound worryingly good though.

I despair at how utterly abject Scotland have become. We've sunk to depths not previously seen  :(

jamboinglasgow
56 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

And they have a long term conveyor belt of talent coming through (a real one not a hibs kind of one.) As their youth teams are dominating youth levels.

Yet with all this talent they still try to nick our promising youngsters (see Dembele at Celtic.) 

Wish we had a tenth the talent England has coming through.

5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I still didn't watch it. Or any of their games at the World Cup apart from the pen shoot out v Colombia through a pub window in Prague. I listened to the 2nd half of their game v Croatia on the radio and felt relieved at the end 

Don't care about the England football team, good or bad though it's always a good laugh when they lose. I've only lived here 37 years - you can't expect me to care :D

They do sound worryingly good though.

I despair at how utterly abject Scotland have become. We've sunk to depths not previously seen  :(

A very good analogy, Swindon. ?

They are very good at the moment and, bucking the trend a wee bit, that doesn’t actually bother me too much.

SwindonJambo
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

A very good analogy, Swindon. ?

They are very good at the moment and, bucking the trend a wee bit, that doesn’t actually bother me too much.

I had the game on the radio in the background and it sounded like they strolled to a 5-0 win without breaking sweat. To be fair they're always strong at Wembley. It's when they come up against the big guns in crunch games  that they invariably get found out. I thought the squad Hoddle took to France '98 was their best in the modern era and they only reached the last 16.

Edited by SwindonJambo

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Let that sink in.

?

He has more games under his belt for sure, but a better manager? What the **** :cornette:

57 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

England will win a major tournament, before Scotland qualify for one. Take that to the bank.

Scotland national team. National disgrace!

G0rd0nM1lls

There was a paucity of decent teams at the World Cup.

They got lucky with the draw.

They're scheidt.

They'll scheidt it when the chips are down.

They're English.

They'll panic and look for non-existent leadership when under pressure.

Don't even start me on situations where they may have to think.

Scarcely even human.      

Edited by G0rd0nM1lls
typo

Just now, JyTees said:

England will win a major tournament, before Scotland qualify for one. Take that to the bank.

I hope to **** you are wrong......BUT, I do think they have a chance at the Euros of going far.

3 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Sadly true.

England will be among the favourites for the Euro's

SwindonJambo
3 minutes ago, JyTees said:

That could very easily come true. Scottish Football is thoroughly rotten to its OF pandering core and someone big, strong and brave needs to come in from elsewhere, put an axe to it and build it back up again from scratch.

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

But we have Petr15 to come as head of SFA - they can only dream of quality like that at the helm

He is the perfect example how the structure of the sfa is designed to benefit the men running it not Scottish football 

Bazzas right boot

They've adapted well to the modern game. 

Pace, strength and directness is the way forward atm. 

England have allot of players that suit that style. 

The problem for them is that even they are found out at the highest level technically, Croatia for example. 

They still don't have technical or players of intelligence at the highest level. 

They also have a suspect defence at the highest level. 

Good players tho, especially v weaker opposition thier records in qualifying games is scarily good. 

They can blow poor to average teams away with ease. 

V Brazil, Spain, Germany, France  etc in the important games they still lack something. 

Remind me a bit of rangers, win allot of  games with ease, then get beat randomly or found out v the better teams. 

There are probably in excess of 100 English players who would walk into a Scotland squad at the moment (were they Scottish, of course) such is the lack of talent available to our manager.

Mind you, there are probably 100 English managers who could do a better job of managing the Scotland team than the current buffoon.

3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

They've been miles ahead of us for decades but that doesn't mean we can't get near them, what was the score the last time we drew the last time played them?

Overall record is not too bad either, played them 114 times and only lost 48 of them.

9 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Just shows how good the management of the game is south of the border. Up here the dolts that run the game only have eyes for what’s in the best interests of two teams. Everything else is unimportant and ignored. 

It should have been ten
10 hours ago, Cade said:

Oh aye another "golden generation" that will never win anything.

:spoton:

The Internet

I went to the Scotland v England u21s at tynecastle a few months back mainly to watch the english team. Their youth teams would demolish our top team. 

ToadKiller Dog

It is a good England side, not as good as France who are top dogs and will be for the next decade, and likes of Spain technically can stop England, Germany will rebiluild likely targeting 2022,24 tournaments. 

This England squad has a chance to maybe win a tournament if draws go their way. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, merrymac said:

Come on Ian get the title right.

Its Engerland:thumbsup:

11 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Sorry ?

Nope.

It's Ing-er-lund

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I went to the Scotland v England u21s at tynecastle a few months back mainly to watch the english team. Their youth teams would demolish our top team. 

Their under 21 team might do  if they used all qualifying players. 

A few years ago now, England under 21-'s played us  but there was about 5 players at that age in the actual full squad. 

Maybe 3/4 years ago and players like sterling, Shaw, bartey, stones, chamberlain amongst others who qualified weren't even in the u21 team,Beat us 6-0 or something. 

?

Still think England's defence is what lets them down.Exciting team to watch though but Czech's were shocking defensively.The fact more young English players are getting game time for their clubs is massive as well.

52 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Nope.

It's Ing-er-lund

Thanks very much

It needed the exact stage by stage pronunciation to make the joke work.:ermm:

indianajones

They are a good side. 

Couldn't care less though to be honest. International football is terrible apart from when it gets to the actual tournaments.

I do realise you can't have them without the qualifiers before anyone states the obvious! 

shaun.lawson

Good young side, brilliantly managed by someone who will keep the players' feet firmly on the ground.

Have achieved nothing yet; have hopefully, please God, learned from the mad hype of the "I played like shit. Here's my book" generation. But the age of the team means that realistically, it'll only improve - and for Croatia exposing us last summer, read England beating both them and Spain only a few months later. 

Step by step, we're improving. That's all that can be asked for. I don't think we'll win the Nations League: I think Portugal will, and we might well end up 4th. I don't think we'll win the Euros: I think France will, with Belgium, Holland and ourselves a level down from that.

I do think that 2022-2026 is when we'll be at our peak, and we'll have a great chance of winning something - and would compare where we are now with where Germany were after 2006. Building towards something big... but they had to suffer several near-misses and heartbreaks along the way. It took them 8 years after '06; it might well take us the same, ie. 8 years after being 2018 semi-finalists.