• Morgan

• Governor Tarkin

• Maple Leaf

• luckyBatistuta

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Only....51 :rudiyas:

Ah, a finer vintage than myself. :D

I'd have still been in shorts while you were procuring cigarettes from your toadys round the back of the bike shed.

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ah, a finer vintage than myself. :D

I'd have still been in shorts while you were procuring cigarettes from your toadys round the back of the bike shed.

How old are you bud?  Obviouslyot there when Mr Swan was given the belt by a pupil, as the belt was being banned. Would loved to have been the one giving it to him. He loved dishing it out and chucking dusters at you.

As we have many high school grads on this thread, even some from prestigious schools, help me out with a wee arithmetic question that was posed to me this morning. I was (am) poor at arithmetic.

If five cats can kill five rats in five minutes, how many cats would be needed to kill 100 rats in 100 minutes?

Please identify your school with your answer, so we can judge if the school ratings are accurate.  :biggrin:

andythejambo
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

RHS always favoured along the lines of Gillespies and Boroughmour and sadly it seems they are a lap or 2 behind.  36th is still credible but it clearly has gone downhill.

I disagree that in general it is a good showing from Edinburgh schools it seems to be mainly West centric.

In those days, the top class in First Year was drawn mainly from pupils all over Edinburgh winning a scholarship (like me).  These days, the Royal High is just another High School serving its local catchment area.

Just now, andythejambo said:

In those days, the top class in First Year was drawn mainly from pupils all over Edinburgh winning a scholarship (like me).  These days, the Royal High is just another High School serving its local catchment area.

It has a decent catchment area of Cramond, Barnton, Silverknowes, D’Mains and Blackhall

4 minutes ago, andythejambo said:

So you were in 1X ?  :pray:

7 minutes ago, andythejambo said:

1a1....was in first year in 1968...the year Barnton opened.

Ah, OK.  In the Calton Hill days, the class you described was 1X.  Those lads were on scholarships.  I was in 1A, among the fee-paying folks.

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It has a decent catchment area of Cramond, Barnton, Silverknowes, D’Mains and Blackhall

Shitholes imo.

46 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

As we have many high school grads on this thread, even some from prestigious schools, help me out with a wee arithmetic question that was posed to me this morning. I was (am) poor at arithmetic.

If five cats can kill five rats in five minutes, how many cats would be needed to kill 100 rats in 100 minutes?

Please identify your school with your answer, so we can judge if the school ratings are accurate.  :biggrin:

1  Forries ya bass!

Edited by hughesie27

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Shitholes imo.

Scott Brown stays in Cramond so happy to class anywhere that cretin bides as such

:fonzie:

Another Vassal of the Muir here, was always a good school for those who wanted to learn. I wasted their and my time there, but they gave me a good enough foundation that I was able to catch up later. 

29 minutes ago, andythejambo said:

I was offered a scholarship after passing my qualifying exam at Preston Street. My mother really wanted me to go, but I wanted to go to Jimmy's for football. We settled for Boroughmuir which made no sense as they were not football either.

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Scott Brown stays in Cramond so happy to class anywhere that cretin bides as such

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

5.  Trinity 

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Five?

images-8.jpeg

chuck berrys hairline

55th for West Calder surprised at that considering the surrounding areas 

Craig Gordons Gloves
3 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

20th for me. 

My kids on the other hand...in the catchment area for the school currently sitting 332nd! :muggy:

20th for me too, it was a decent High School when i was there in the late 80s and early 90s, i was too much of a dick to appreciate it.

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

6 for me, James Gillespie’s in their rightful position  ;)

4 hours ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

47th?  :rofl:

It's gone downhill a lot since I left. 

:singlefinger:

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

1  Forries ya bass!

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

5.  Trinity 

59 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Five?

images-8.jpeg

Five is the answer I came up with, but I'm a Royal High dropout, so ignore me.

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

It's gone downhill a lot since I left. 

:singlefinger:

You giving us the finger, Bruntsfield Links in 10mins 

Forries might be shit at teaching shit but we had suicide football.     That taught a good few lads an important lesson.      

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

5 but then my old school barely scrapes into the top 300.

The last 35+ years since I left haven't been kind to it.

Thought West Calder would of nosedived after I left. 

I thinked wrong.

Looking at linglitgow catchment area for me little one though. 

26 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Fight, fight, fight...

Captain America

211 for me.

Lower down the table than the 'auld enemy' Lanark Grammar.

Wouldn't have happened in my day.

48 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

FFS not again! 

Got fed up giving you guys a kick'in back in the day.  ?

:leveinnaturalorder:

Another grad of the 'muir, good to see it's still doing well. As Lucky said earlier Swanny was as mad as a box of frogs

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

FFS not again! 

41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Fight, fight, fight...

It’s ok Morgan, cancel that flight, I can handle this 

:mmtaxi:for Sutol 

2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

FFS not again! 

Aye, like that happened.

Being mainly a Heri rotter (my dads term) we had more bother with the wee dirties from St Thomas of Aquins than the Gillespies girls tbh.

:wink: 

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s ok Morgan, cancel that flight, I can handle this 

:mmtaxi:for Sutol 

No, you’re alright, I’m on my way.

They’ve really done it now.

Pagger, pagger.  :) 

Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

20th for me too, it was a decent High School when i was there in the late 80s and early 90s, i was too much of a dick to appreciate it.

I was the decade before you, 1973 to 1977, some of the teachers who tried to teach me would still have been there when you were there.

indianajones

On a side note i know for a fact that drugs are rife in Banchory academy and that a young kid was stabbed to death at Cults academy a few years back. Both which are pretty high scoring schools. Makes you wonder if there are other issues at other schools.  

Edited by indianajones

luckyBatistuta
49 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No, you’re alright, I’m on my way.

They’ve really done it now.

Pagger, pagger.  :) 

Oh, you’re gettin it now Sutol

3CE29F6D-EFD8-428C-B6A1-58C8A3A68327.gif

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

luckyBatistuta
53 minutes ago, gjcc said:

It’s about the wording. There are five cats doing the catching, so the answer would be 5...buuuut, Maple Leaf said how many would be needed, so I’m with you on that wording. You could toss the other 4, as you’d only need one cat...If 1 cat can catch 1 rat  in 1 minute, then he can catch 100 in 100 minutes.

1...Boroughmuir

43 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s about the wording. There are five cats doing the catching, so the answer would be 5...buuuut, Maple Leaf said how many would be needed, so I’m with you on that wording. You could toss the other 4, as you’d only need one cat...If 1 cat can catch 1 rat  in 1 minute, then he can catch 100 in 100 minutes.

1...Boroughmuir

Nah, 1 cat can kill 1 rat in 5 minutes so in 100 minutes it can kill 20, therefore to kill 100 in 100 minutes you would need 5 cats.

5. Dalkeith High School Ya Bass.