Scottish High School Ranking

hughesie27

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I remember my year produced 3 kids for medical school in my year, 4 to law, 3 to accountancy and numerous engineers etc.

Looks like those days are well over.

Galloway clearly isn't what it was

Having said all that my brother left school with no qualifications and is now a highly qualified offshore welder.

I'm not convinced our system of education is as great as it makes out focusing on results at that time anyway, on a few selective subjects.

Edited by DETTY29

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Governor Tarkin

• Maple Leaf

• luckyBatistuta

doctor jambo
10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Having said all that my brother left school with no qualifications and is now a highly qualified offshore welder.

I'm not convinced our system of education is as great as it makes out focusing on results at that time anyway, on a few selective subjects.

One size fits everyone so fits no one perfectly

My old school Castlebrae not even listed so assume it is either so shite not to be even listen or no longer exists. 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I left school with no qualifications either. Returned to education in my 30's and did rather quite well.

I think that if kids can be kept interested in what they are attempting to learn then they will learn.

Otherwise you're pissing in to the wind.

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

My old school Castlebrae not even listed so assume it is either so shite not to be even listen or no longer exists. 

It still exists. The rankings are based on the number of kids getting 5 or more highers, so your other assumption could well be right.

6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

There will  be plenty of kids coming out of Castlebrae and do very for themselves.

Or will lead ordinary lives but still contribute greatly to society.

All about eventually finding their vocation.

Edited by DETTY29

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I left school with no qualifications either. Returned to education in my 30's and did rather quite well.

I think that if kids can be kept interested in what they are attempting to learn then they will learn.

Otherwise you're pissing in to the wind.

We can tell.

. I left with zero, also.

On 21/03/2019 at 17:49, chuck berrys hairline said:

55th for West Calder surprised at that considering the surrounding areas 

This was my school. Hell of a lot higher on the list than most of their West Lothian neighbours. 

10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/education/castlebrae-high-slammed-by-inspectors-1-3054758/amp

From 2013 so it might have improved but...

“Last year, only 5 per cent of pupils at Castlebrae achieved one or more Highers, while the figure across Scotland as a whole was 46 per cent. No pupil achieved three or more Highers.”

luckyBatistuta

D3F197A5-33BB-40F1-99C9-1EA48F13ED41.gif

The b#%*@?d just won’t die!!!

D2E145B3-2AAB-496F-83F6-CA0EF6610972.gif

Edited by luckyBatistuta