***Kazakhstan v Scotland Official Match Thread***

iantjambo

A_A wehatethehibs

Mistake sacking Strachan, even bigger mistake going with McLeish, said it at the time of sacking, said it when he was appointed, said it throughout mcleish reign so far and saying now. The SFA board need to be sacked not Mcleish - keep him but sack those who hired him. Let Mcleish contract run down it is obviously a write-off situation. 

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• letsalldothebeattie

• merrymac

• iantjambo

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Said it on another thread, McLeish couldn’t believe his luck when they asked him to take over. Who wouldn’t in his position !

No one else wanted it. I don’t blame him, I blame those balloons !

He wants to stay on until Quatar.... I bet he does

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Scotland finding entirely new ways not to qualify. Pretty sure if everyone automatically qualified for the World Cup we would still make a mess of it. 

Aye but we are guaranteed a play off spot. Lol

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, LeftBack said:

He wants to stay on until Quatar.... I bet he does

Why we won’t make it especially under him

If anything shows how over rated the English championship is it's that a number of these Scotland players play for supposedly decent teams down there.

Thank christ they've lost coverage.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Aye but we are guaranteed a play off spot. Lol

Job done already really we were only ever going to be a playoff team at best  when you think about it.

Just now, Taffin said:

If anything shows how over rated the English championship is it's that a number of these Scotland players play for supposedly decent teams down there.

At the end of the day it's still 2nd tier football.

Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

Why we won’t make it especially under him

He'll be on the same fact finding junket with the SFA blazers. Flight's booked already. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Fair point but over a third play for the Scottish league leaders 

What an absolute disgrace, please tell me the SFA won’t just sit by and accept this,  he needs punter immediately !! 

Also what’s this rubbish about making agreements with clubs so that certain players don’t play on the plastic pitch.....I can guarantee if that was the England team there would be no such agreements 

1 minute ago, LeftBack said:

Fair point but over a third play for the Scottish league leaders 

Aye, and we know only too well how poor Scottish football is.

1 minute ago, scotty2442 said:

What an absolute disgrace, please tell me the SFA won’t just sit by and accept this,  he needs punter immediately !! 

Also what’s this rubbish about making agreements with clubs so that certain players don’t play on the plastic pitch.....I can guarantee if that was the England team there would be no such agreements 

I think we all know the answer to that!

ToadKiller Dog

Feck freaky looking Pensioner Kenny Miller would offer more than the wee Burnie bloke up front. 

A good former Czech manager has Kazakhstan solid organised knowing what they are doing. 

Vs a clueless scotland all over the shop run by a washed up old Rangers manager. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Cracking game for Soapy to miss 

Said to Notts on twitter its the only good thing about this game

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Some players have existing conditions or past injuries (knee ligaments etc) which are susceptible to plastic pitches. It'll be medical advice.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, scotty2442 said:

The SFA are the ones who need punted, not McLeish.

OMFG!!!, get him Tae feck!

Utter pish. I want my money back for the home game tickets. Get yersel tae feck, ya useless pile of jobbies.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, sadj said:

Said to Notts on twitter its the only good thing about this game

Sometimes best not to be involved 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The SFA are the ones who need punted, not McLeish.

Correct. They have overseen the failures without acting.

NaturalOrder74

Shite ex Celtic manager > don’t qualify > sack 

shite ex sevco manager > don’t qualify > sack 

repeat 

letsalldothebeattie

McLeish might as well go for it second half. Get Johnny Russell on. Might as well chuck McNulty on as well & McTominay or Morgan the other change. Something needs to change to even look like we’re trying we have no creativity or out ball

Should have just picked a select XI from Hamilton, Killie and Livi if the plastic pitch is that much of a leveller :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Some players have existing conditions or past injuries (knee ligaments etc) which are susceptible to plastic pitches. It'll be medical advice.

I’m sorry but if these guys are fit, and playing for their clubs then they should there, even if it’s to get 30 minutes of the bench. 

rudi must stay
Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

Feck freaky looking Pensioner Kenny Miller would offer more than the wee Burnie bloke up front. 

A good former Czech manager has Kazakhstan solid organised knowing what they are doing. 

Vs a clueless scotland all over the shop run by a washed up old Rangers manager. 

Burnie is a decent player, doesn't score many goals though. He's been thrown in today, not in great form, and that doesn't seem a good move

Heard Burke is playing poorly, not a shock, had a feeling he'd be the new OF star that couldn't be bothered turning up for Scotland, Forrest has done that for years

You want a good national team leave the OF contingent at home IMO

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How easy has this been for Kazakhstan?? We've been toothless up top and slack at the back.

Its like watching Hearts playing in dark blue. 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

but but we’ve got Mcginn

Don't think I've heard him mentioned once.

Cruyff Turn

Missed the goals, but we’re making Kazakhstan look like Brazil. 

Alex McLeish is the Theresa May of football managers.

Hope we leave him over there. 

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Its like watching Hearts playing in dark blue. 

Was going to leave work early to watch this, glad I decided against it and stayed at work. Listening to it on bbc website and sounds awful to be honest.

The Internet
7 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Still, whatever the score I'm sure it'll be an improvement on what I've seen from Hearts over the past few months, McLeish might actually encourage them to pass the ball and hit a few shots.

How's this going mate? 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Burnie is a decent player, doesn't score many goals though. He's been thrown in today, not in great form, and that doesn't seem a good move

Heard Burke is playing poorly, not a shock, had a feeling he'd be the new OF star that couldn't be bothered turning up for Scotland, Forrest has done that for years

You want a good national team leave the OF contingent at home IMO

Burke actually the only one who looks like he might do something. has got their right back on toast but his final pass is wondrously bad

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

I’m sorry but if these guys are fit, and playing for their clubs then they should there, even if it’s to get 30 minutes of the bench. 

Makes no difference how long they play for. If you've done your ACL or Achilles etc in the past and it still needs managed, a plastic pitch isn't good for it.

That's without even touching on the idea of risking yourself for a complete loser like McLeish.