***Kazakhstan v Scotland Official Match Thread***

iantjambo

Here we go again. First of our Euro qualifying double header.

We really should be taking full points from our opening two games, but it Is Scotland we’re talking about.

We’re coming off the back of two good wins in the Nations League, so confidence should be high.

Robertson and Tierney both miss out but could be fit for Sunday’s game. Both Ryan Fraser and Callum Paterson won’t be risked on Kazakhstan’s artificial pitch.

3 o clock kick off

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• letsalldothebeattie

• merrymac

• iantjambo

Heard there's doubts over McKenna and Burkes fitness as well, could be a really random lineup but surely enough to beat Kazakhstan 

manaliveits105

As long as the auld kilties get bladdered  dance to the proclaimers and wear big feathers that’s what really matters 

Looking at the full Kazakhstan squad, they've only scored a total of 27 international goals between them.

Then I looked at the Scotland squad, who've scored a total of 9 goals between them. Not great.

SURELY we can add to this sad total over the next 2 games.

chester copperpot

Artificial pitches are bad enough at SPFL level but ffs internationals?

I cant believe this is even allowed!

letsalldothebeattie

Early finish today and home to watch this. No idea why because I have no great expectations for this game. The squad doesn’t fill me with any great optimism for these two games. 

Going for a sluggish Heartsesque 1-0 win for Scotland. Callum McGregor with the goal late late on

31 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

If they are allowed anywhere for internationals, Nursultan/Astana has a very good shout considering the extreme climate. 

37 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

As long as the auld kilties get bladdered  dance to the proclaimers and wear big feathers that’s what really matters 

As far as TA trips go, this one will be particularly testing timing to their convivial reputation with locals. It’s being held on the local equivalent of New Year’s Day and their will be massive security focus on any gatherings after the president of 30-odd years unexpectedly resigned. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Heard there's doubts over McKenna and Burkes fitness as well, could be a really random lineup but surely enough to beat Kazakhstan 

If it was a million pound drop situation I’d be putting more money on Kazakhstan and the draw than I would on Scotland.

Mr Elwood P
38 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

MLS is a developing league which is now attracting global attention and they use artificial surfaces.

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Here we go again. First of our Euro qualifying double header.

We really should be taking full points from our opening two games, but it Is Scotland we’re talking about.

We’re coming off the back of two good wins in the Nations League, so confidence should be high.

Robertson and Tierney both miss out but could be fit for Sunday’s game. Both Ryan Fraser and Callum Paterson won’t be risked on Kazakhstan’s artificial pitch.

3 o clock kick off

FT Scotland nil ::troll::

I'm concerned about the amount of players missing, although Kazakhstan are pretty shite they've drew with Poland, Romania and Iceland in recent times, could be a tricky one for us like.

Still, whatever the score I'm sure it'll be an improvement on what I've seen from Hearts over the past few months, McLeish might actually encourage them to pass the ball and hit a few shots.

Excellent, looking forward to seeing some real free flowing, flair and fast attacking football from Scotland's elite.

With the reported doubts taken into account we're probably looking at:

Bain

O'Donnell 

Souttar 

Bates

Shinnie 

McGregor 

Armstrong 

McGinn

Forrest 

McBurnie 

Russell

With McTominay, Mclaughlin, Kelly, Palmer, Findlay, Morgan and McNulty available from the bench

Forrest has 26 caps, Armstrong has 13 and McGinn has 11. The rest have under 10

Edited by BigAlim

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Bain

O'Donnell 

Souttar 

Bates

Shinnie 

McGregor 

Armstrong 

McGinn

Forrest 

McBurnie 

Russell

With McTominay, Mclaughlin, Kelly, Palmer, Findlay, Morgan and McNulty available from the bench

Looks about right. I suspect McTominay will start though.

7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Bain

O'Donnell 

Souttar 

Bates

Shinnie 

McGregor 

Armstrong 

McGinn

Forrest 

McBurnie 

Russell

Forrest has 26 caps, Armstrong has 13 and McGinn has 11. The rest have under 10

Is Burke out?

14 minutes ago, Boab said:

One World Cup i’m not fussed that we miss tbh.

Turning into a circus !

This game will gave little influence on our appearance at the next World Cup. 

The Old Tolbooth
20 minutes ago, Peebo said:

This game will gave little influence on our appearance at the next World Cup. 

:D 

40 minutes ago, Boab said:

One World Cup i’m not fussed that we miss tbh.

Turning into a circus !

It’s the Euro qualifiers mate :lol:

Pisses me off that Scotland games are always on Sky. I know they have the rights but internationals should be on regional TV.

England games are always on ITV ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Still, whatever the score I'm sure it'll be an improvement on what I've seen from Hearts over the past few months, McLeish might actually encourage them to pass the ball and hit a few shots.

Bonus points for getting a dig in at Hearts on a Scotland match thread. 

Kids, proof that Anything is possible if you try hard enough!

And I wouldn't bet on that improvement ?

Game is not a gimme, although the celtic / ex celtic spine seems to do well in these games and with that line up we have a bit creativity so I'll go a narrow win for us. 

2-1.

Hopefully Souttar plays a blinder. 

A team 116th in the world. I predict just the 1 goal defeat for us. I'd rather have Levein than Mcleish and **** me that speaks volumes.

tokyowalnut

If we dont get maximum points from the next 2 games, McLeish has to go! 

McLeish and that incoherent imbecile Peter Grant shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland job!

I'm positive though, taking a Scotland win ?

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

A team 116th in the world. I predict just the 1 goal defeat for us. I'd rather have Levein than Mcleish and **** me that speaks volumes.

Of all you the mad things you post finally a sensible one ???? I went for a draw in our sweeper. 

Gordon, McGregor, Archer, Brown, Paterson, Griffiths, Tierney , Robertson, Fletcher, Naismith, Mulgrew, Fraser,Christie, Bannan,  that’s 14 players, who if available, would have likely started today. Not sure if our B team will be good enough even against the team ranked 116 in the world. 

51 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

If we dont get maximum points from the next 2 games, McLeish has to go! 

McLeish and that incoherent imbecile Peter Grant shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland job!

I'm positive though, taking a Scotland win ?

Eck has at least one hand tied behind his back for today’s game. Having to play  his B/C team so doubt we will win. Hope I’m wrong. 

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Bonus points for getting a dig in at Hearts on a Scotland match thread. 

Kids, proof that Anything is possible if you try hard enough!

And I wouldn't bet on that improvement ?

Game is not a gimme, although the celtic / ex celtic spine seems to do well in these games and with that line up we have a bit creativity so I'll go a narrow win for us. 

2-1.

Hopefully Souttar plays a blinder. 

Hope he doesn’t play. We need him fit for next few weeks. 

tokyowalnut
25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Eck has at least one hand tied behind his back for today’s game. Having to play  his B/C team so doubt we will win. Hope I’m wrong. 

Sorry bud, don't buy it.

No excuse not to beat Kazakhstan. 

5 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Sorry bud, don't buy it.

No excuse not to beat Kazakhstan. 

This is where I am. Kazakhstan aren’t 117th in the rankings for no reason.

3 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

I wouldn't bet on it.

William H. Bonney

The euros and the world cup are my favourite tournaments to watch. 11 men playing for their country, all egos are left at home. 

I'm excited for this campaign and I think we have a decent squad. 

There are those who have no faith in the manager but we should get behind him whilst he is in charge. 

2-0 to Scotland. 

58 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Gordon, McGregor, Archer, Brown, Paterson, Griffiths, Tierney , Robertson, Fletcher, Naismith, Mulgrew, Fraser,Christie, Bannan,  that’s 14 players, who if available, would have likely started today. Not sure if our B team will be good enough even against the team ranked 116 in the world. 

great input into glesga Scotland by the infirm, A & B team. I take it scott brown didn't find this one glamorous enough to make a come back and Tierney has started the excuses.

what a sham of a national team we have, they really inspire nationalism with their whole heartedness to the cause, as long as it doest interfere with an uglies derby or important game. 

kirkierobroy
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I'm not sure Gordon, McGregor AND Archer would have played, but hey. Eck shouldn't be near the post but he doesn't have Strachan's preference for any bench-warning English League 1 bloke whose granny visited Gretna Green once over anyone with a non-OF Scottish team.

That said, today I see a shaky 1-0 Scotland lead until Kazakh equalise in injury time, Eck afterwards talking about 'lots of positives'.

Eedjit that I am, I've bought a season for the home qualifiers.

3 hours ago, Boab said:

Blew that eh, boys !

?

Dearly me, Boab, have a lie soon !

Not a big international follower....as you can see !

You could even have a lie doon Boab!

::troll::

Dalstonjambo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

If that boy ever plays for Scotland again we are worse off than i thought we were.

Edited by Dalstonjambo