UEFA U19 & U17 Elite Groups

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Harry Cochrane was an unused substitute in Scotland's opening 3-1 win against Turkey in their U19 Elite Group earlier today.

Connor Smith, Aaron Hickey and Cammy Logan have all started in the opening U17 qualifier against Portugal. The game (in Paisley) started at 6pm and Scotland went 0-1 down after just 4 minutes

https://www.uefa.com/under17/season=2019/matches/round=2000949/match=2026251/index.html  

Hector Riva

Going to watch the under 21s hopefully on Friday and Monday in Marbella. Jamie Brandon. Scotland v Mexico Friday then v Sweden on Monday

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Going to watch the under 21s hopefully on Friday and Monday in Marbella. Jamie Brandon. Scotland v Mexico Friday then v Sweden on Monday

I8 says he'll never make it  :(

Hector Riva
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I8 says he'll never make it  :(

Thats it then ?

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Royal Jambo said:

Must be the first time 'Scotland' and 'elite' have been mentioned in the same sentence.

That's not fair. The Scottish sports media have been for as long as I can remember spewing their $#!te about our world class OF starlets. Surely one of the "journalists" has used the word elite in a description. Laughable but did sell papers.

Has Fleck reached world class status yet?

14 minutes ago, Royal Jambo said:

Must be the first time 'Scotland' and 'elite' have been mentioned in the same sentence.

UEFA's term to describe the qualifying rounds

Went to the u-17s match on Wednesday evening. My dad's only 5'8" but said he felt tall while on holiday in Portugal - yet their team were noticeably bigger and stronger.  You watched them hitting cross-field balls and wondered if our players would be physically capable of doing the same.

It was the second time I've watched Connor Smith recently and while he's been one of the better players in his side each time, I find it hard to get too excited about him, even compared with Cochrane. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Edited by Thaw

Surely some mistake. Why is oil shaw, one of the best young strikers in Europe, not in the starting line up?

Footballfirst

Good 4-0 win for the U19s.  Harry Cochrane came on after 71 minutes for Billy Gilmour.

U17s though ? ..........  0-3 and down to 9 men against Russia. Smith and Logan started. Think Hickey might be injured.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Good 4-0 win for the U19s.  Harry Cochrane came on after 71 minutes for Billy Gilmour.

U17s though ? ..........  0-3 and down to 9 men against Russia. Smith and Logan started. Think Hickey might be injured.

Ciaran Dickson and Jamie Smith were sent off

50 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sign the #14 please:lol:

Watford academy player 

Edited by Mikey1874

Scotland U21s lost 2-1 to Sweden in another friendly earlier today.

Jamie Brandon was on bench - not sure if he got on. I see Callumn Morrison withdrew from squad due to "personal reasons". 

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jamie Brandon was on bench - not sure if he got on. I see Callumn Morrison withdrew from squad due to "personal reasons". 

Just had a baby didnt he? Maybe catching up on sleep!

Footballfirst
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Brandon came on as a substitute at half time.

Alex Petkov also started for Bulgaria U21s in a 1-0 win over Finland earlier today.

On 23/03/2019 at 08:21, Thaw said:

Went to the u-17s match on Wednesday evening. My dad's only 5'8" but said he felt tall while on holiday in Portugal - yet their team were noticeably bigger and stronger.  You watched them hitting cross-field balls and wondered if our players would be physically capable of doing the same.

It was the second time I've watched Connor Smith recently and while he's been one of the better players in his side each time, I find it hard to get too excited about him, even compared with Cochrane. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

He was excellent in the game on Saturday. My mom in a Scotland team under the cosh for 70 mins after first red card. Needs to add a few inches and some muscle but the talent is there. Very much a number 10 type of player, but not frightened to get stuck in either. 

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Brandon came on as a substitute at half time.

Alex Petkov also started for Bulgaria U21s in a 1-0 win over Finland earlier today.

Bobby Burns has started for N. Ireland 21s in friendly v Mexico U22s

IMG_20190325_195000.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

Footballfirst

The U17s drew 1-1 in their final game against Poland. Cammy Logan started, while Connor Smith and Aaron Hickey both came on as substitutes in the second half.