Michael Smith

Texia

sandylejambo
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Anyone is a step up from Brandon.

No their not, me for instance, my sisters and most other people in the country, including those that play football. 

Brighton Jambo

His is a position where the cover options really concern me. I don’t think Godhino or Brandon are anywhere near ready for regular first team football and frankly not sure they ever will be.  In the summer we need to sign an experienced cover for smith so we don’t end up here again.  

6 hours ago, boris1874 said:

We need this guy back ASP, he makes us tick!

We really must need him back super quick with that missing "A" :)

gashauskis9

Dip in Berra’s form largely attributed to his absence imo.  Smith does the job of 2 centre halfs and I really hope he slots in there when he returns.

Hope we persevere with Godinho at RB/RWB.  Challenge is getting him fit enough to play two games on the bounce, but I’ve been impressed with the lad.

Players seem to get better when they are injured for us. Good to have him back but can’t see it bringing huge improvements on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

His is a position where the cover options really concern me. I don’t think Godhino or Brandon are anywhere near ready for regular first team football and frankly not sure they ever will be.  In the summer we need to sign an experienced cover for smith so we don’t end up here again.  

I agree with this, Godhino worries me as he is often out of position and lacks the pace to get back.  Ideally if we had a fully fit squad, both him and Brandon would go out on loan play a lot of games and we could see if they are going to cut it but I have my doubts.

Mr Elwood P
56 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Players seem to get better when they are injured for us. Good to have him back but can’t see it bringing huge improvements on the pitch. 

I think the opposite applies. A fully fit Berra, Souttar, Smith, Haring, Djoum, Naismith and Uche is a great base to build a very good team from. Unfortunately every one of those players has been injured and required surgery this season which has had a massive detrimental impact on our (league) campaign. Michael Smith is 2nd only to Naismith in terms of consistency and provides a great deal of experience, fight and desire to the starting 11. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Anyone is a step up from Brandon.

Having missed almost a year of football, Brandon needs games to get back up to speed, but clearly a good footballer

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Having missed almost a year of football, Brandon needs games to get back up to speed, but clearly a good footballer

He aint making it SG.

Captain Canada

Great to see him recovering quickly but it would be a risk for his first game back to be the semi-final. 

We've already rushed a few players back from injury this season: Naismith, Berra, Clare and Uche for example. And none of those have really hit consistently high levels of performance since. 

StevenNaismith

The photo they’ve used was taken over a week ago, he’s made great progress and I for one can’t wait to see him back in the team.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

He's also only played one game at right back, so the dig about him in reference to Smith is weird.

rudi must stay
12 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

POTY for me. 7 or 8/10 every week. Missed him massively since he’s been injured. 

Absolutely should be. Really gives it his all and he's improved with the ball too, him being available for the semi-final would be brilliant news as you can guarantee pretty much he wouldn't let us down

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He aint making it SG.

I would give him some time. He has missed too much football to take his current form at face value. What I seen of him last season I liked

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I would give him some time. He has missed too much football to take his current form at face value. What I seen of him last season I liked

No doubt he will get time, we are a charity case of a club nowadays

:sob:

4 hours ago, karipidis said:

Agree.  Not great at full back imo but seems to do a job when covering at centre half.  

The way we’re playing just now though, he’ll add something but won’t be overly significant. 

Robbo-Jambo

Michael Smith has been our most consistent player this season bar none.

He is a solid defender and rarely has a poor game.

No doubt at all we are missing him. 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Michael Smith has been our most consistent player this season bar none.

He is a solid defender and rarely has a poor game.

No doubt at all we are missing him. 

Anyone who knows the game knows exactly this.

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Come on!  Don't bring real facts into this! 

We should hang the young lad out to dry!

It's the JKB way!

Cruyff Turn

I’d go back to a back three if Smith was fit. Don’t think we’ve conceded a goal with him in that position, plus he can pass as well. 

Smith seems to me to be a calmimg influence who can play the ball out from the back rather than just hump it like Berra. Consistent as well. Can play full back or sweeper (if there is such a thing nowadays!)

portobellojambo1
On 19/03/2019 at 22:36, Texia said:

Good news about his injury, I hope he makes it back for the Semi Final.

I really like Michael Smith and we do miss him when he is out of the team. Although he can be seen running in the photo above I hope the club are 100% certain he is ready to play again when he returns to the team. I just get the feeling that possibly Christophe Berra, Peter Haring and Steven Naismith were brought back a little early in each case, and we can't afford for that to happen again.

• 2 weeks later...
StevenNaismith

Had a chat with Michael today, he’s hoping to be back this Saturday, be a massive boost to have him back. Mr Consistant 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Had a chat with Michael today, he’s hoping to be back this Saturday, be a massive boost to have him back. Mr Consistant 

Great news ??

27 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Confirmed by Levein.

Love Smith but it’d be a massive gamble to throw him back in for the derby. After such a long time out, against an on form strike force and in such an all or nothing game.

NaturalOrder74
1 hour ago, cocobeab said:

Love Smith but it’d be a massive gamble to throw him back in for the derby. After such a long time out, against an on form strike force and in such an all or nothing game.

0-0 last game at home, don’t flatter them hibs are shite, smith is a reliable player the only thing I’m dreading is the long throw in’s coming back, torture