Dundee United V Ross County

Restonbabe

ToadKiller Dog
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Could be carnage. Did Dundee’s owners not say if relegated they’d go into admin?

No think they would continue to back dundee, but for the US owners it's about moving from dens to camperdown and the proposed plans for the camperdown site, including the crematorium which will make them money. 

If that gets knocked back, dundee could well be fecked again. 

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not taking anything away from RC as they are going to win the league fair and square but it is one big cringe seeing them in the top flight again.  An absolute embarrassment of Gretna proportions having that tin pot shower of shite at the big boys table.  Hope United thump them. What make sit worse is they will for sure gain points in the games with Levein's losers. 

What a tw@t.

SwindonJambo
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I love a 'good day out' and a good bevvy as much as the next man but when creating a criteria for what clubs bring the most to the top table I can't say either of the two feature high.

Clubs earn their place at the top table by fielding teams that roll their sleeves up and win football matches.  Nice stadia, filled  with supporters who’ve enjoyed a good bevvy do not. If a bigger club cannot turn their greater resources into success on the pitch, it’s their own tough shit and they deservedly stay down. That’s how football and all other sport works. If it did not then there would be no point. 

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Decent fanbase

Decent stadium

RC have 5 fans and their stadium is an absolute shitehole.

On that basis Scottish Football would consist of no more than about 8 teams! ?

58 minutes ago, Combo1974 said:

On that basis Scottish Football would consist of no more than about 8 teams! ?

Less diddy teams to humiliate us week in week out

:fonzie:

Delighted county are looking like coming back up. Best away trip by a mile the whole set up there is just perfect including the pub actually on the station platform and the ground a mere couple of hundred yards further on. 

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Less diddy teams to humiliate us week in week out

:fonzie:

?? Fair point!

6 minutes ago, Combo1974 said:

?? Fair point!

I seem to recall 4 games v Gretna in 2007 (ish) and we lost and drew twice v them.  It really is pathetic.

Not even scored a league goal in 3 games v Livi this season

:jj_facepalm:

Edited by i8hibsh

7 hours ago, Bainy said:

Delighted county are looking like coming back up. Best away trip by a mile the whole set up there is just perfect including the pub actually on the station platform and the ground a mere couple of hundred yards further on. 

Aye good pub.  I mind being up there around christmas a good few seasons back.  2.55pm leave for game to be told was postponed due to snow.  There was no snow on the ground.

:seething:

Edited by i8hibsh