Harry's Heroes

heartandsoul

upgotheheads
10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don’t watch much ITV - is it normal to have that many adverts? 

Ditto, and yes,  which is why I don't watch much ITV.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Ditto, and yes,  which is why I don't watch much ITV.

Think i would rather pay a license fee to avoid that kind of nonsense (and yes, i know the BBC advertises itself) because it seemed to be every 5 minutes.

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Think i would rather pay a license fee to avoid that kind of nonsense (and yes, i know the BBC advertises itself) because it seemed to be every 5 minutes.

You mean you don't??

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

You mean you don't??

Ha, i'm one of those weirdos who is happy to pay the license fee for the output the BBC provides.

Matthew Le Tissier
10 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

Hope Craig didn't watch it, he might be tempted to sign up Razor Ruddock and Matt Le Tissier.

If we signed Le God we wouldn’t miss anymore penalties 

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ha, i'm one of those weirdos who is happy to pay the license fee for the output the BBC provides.

me too. I always wonder why people complain about the £150 (ish, not sure, I pay it quarterly by DD) yet will happily pay £1000 a year to Sky or BT.

26 minutes ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

If we signed Le God we wouldn’t miss anymore penalties 

We would also make forward passes to strikers!

GorgieRules22
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

On the programme, how much of a twat is Ruddock? An absolute child.

I think they call it not taken yourself to serious and having a laugh....not enough of it these days.

SectionDJambo

It’s more than a little contrived, and with more than one annoying character around, hard to watch at times.

The good part is seeing that, although they can’t run too well, a few of them can still make the ball do what they want it to.

They’ll probably play against a bunch of Germans who we’ve hardly heard of. Can’t imagine it being many of the top guys who kept beating them when it mattered.

Who are the other 5 or 6 making the team up?

I am sure I saw Howey, so guessing that is maybe Steve Howey Ex Newcastle.

Razor is on a path to hell lol.

Cannot stand John Barnes 

having piles is funnier than that fooker 

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I think they call it not taken yourself to serious and having a laugh....not enough of it these days.

Ach you're probably right but, if he wasn't an ex-footballer, you would just look at him and think he was a sad old waster.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

It’s more than a little contrived, and with more than one annoying character around, hard to watch at times.

The good part is seeing that, although they can’t run too well, a few of them can still make the ball do what they want it to.

They’ll probably play against a bunch of Germans who we’ve hardly heard of. Can’t imagine it being many of the top guys who kept beating them when it mattered.

I enjoyed the little interviews where the players were talking about how they dealt with stopping playing.

David Seaman ice dancing though... wtf

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I enjoyed the little interviews where the players were talking about how they dealt with stopping playing.

David Seaman ice dancing though... wtf

Yeah I liked this side of it. Merson being particularly honest about his issues. Fowler too

Razor Ruddocks first TV appearance since his 'subtle' appearance in "can't pay, we' ll take it away"

Didn't come across particularly well in that. 

5 minutes ago, G.Wright said:

Razor Ruddocks first TV appearance since his 'subtle' appearance in "can't pay, we' ll take it away"

Didn't come across particularly well in that. 

Seems to be one of those geezers who is the life and soul, which is superb when you're younger and everyone will have a story to tell about them but, pushing 50 and in that sort of nick it becomes kinda tragic. Looking at the next episode I think he's getting told, sort yourself out or you're in bother

SectionDJambo

We all know about the drinking culture that most of these guys were used to before the foreign coaches, in the main, stopped it, but Ray Parlour saying he currently drinks 30 to 40 pints a week was a bit of a surprise to me. He looks to be in reasonable shape but that level of drinking can’t be doing him any good.

One of the things that was easily noticeable at the 1998 Cup celebration last May was how good and fit guys like Adam and Flogel still looked. Drinking and playing football does seem to be a particularly British thing.