I'm on TV tonight at 9pm

Martin_T

There are obviously infinitely better programs on other channels, but for anyone interested, I'm featured in the Shoogly Days documentary on BBC Alba tonight at 9pm about various people and how they deal with living with Parkinson's disease.

4 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Respect to you

21 hours ago, Martin_T said:

There are obviously infinitely better programs on other channels, but for anyone interested, I'm featured in the Shoogly Days documentary on BBC Alba tonight at 9pm about various people and how they deal with living with Parkinson's disease.

as a fellow sufferer sorry i missed it, chin up mate onwards and upwards, will look to see if i can get it on catch up tv.

On 18/03/2019 at 20:04, Martin_T said:

I meant to record it and forgot, so I have to try catch up.  My old man had Parkinson's so it's something which both interests, and frightens me.

Here, seeing it's on Alba, it's not in Gaelic is it?

davemclaren
On 18/03/2019 at 20:04, Martin_T said:

Is it on catchup?  

Thanks for the comments. I'm still doing ok, I'm not particularly visibly symptomatic for now, so unless you know what to look for, it's still not immediately apparent that there is anything wrong. Whilst my progression has been very slow, it's also true that I'm increasingly reliant on the medication to maintain the illusion of normality.

It's on BBC iPlayer. It was an interesting experience, although I'm told I come across well, I find it cringey watching myself on film. My wife and I feature for around 10 minutes of the hour long documentary.

22 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

I meant to record it and forgot, so I have to try catch up.  My old man had Parkinson's so it's something which both interests, and frightens me.

Here, seeing it's on Alba, it's not in Gaelic is it?

It's in both Gaelic and English, the Gaelic parts are subtitled. I don't speak a word of Gaelic.

On 19/03/2019 at 17:53, loganjambo said:

as a fellow sufferer sorry i missed it, chin up mate onwards and upwards, will look to see if i can get it on catch up tv.

Hi @loganjambo I'm involved in several things in the Edinburgh area that may be of interest. Drop me a private message if you want to chat further.