£20 for Partick. 

£26 for Dundee. 

£15 for Partick again. 

£22 for Hamilton. 

£30 for Rangers. 

Scottish football’s pricing is a joke. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Forgot the £20/£30 for the semi final too. 

Thats a lot in the space pace of three weeks. 

An expensive pastime if you go to all home and away matches. Probably helps explain the decline in away crowds over the last 25 years. 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

An expensive pastime if you go to all home and away matches. Probably helps explain the decline in away crowds over the last 25 years. 

That it is. And that’s before you factor in travel costs too. Train tickets, petrol, supporters club buses, etc. 

As as well as season ticket payments if you do the monthly finance. 

All in all, it’s a very expensive pastime. 

been here before

£30 to sit in that shitty wee corner on a Wednesday night??  Naaaah yer alright.

Only games I swerve during a season are both the arse cheeks through there. 

**** giving them a shitty farthing more than I ever have to. Repellent institutions both of them. **** the pair of them.

Clerry Jambo

Looked a lower than normal Hearts crowd on Saturday, Ibrox could be empty and the blame only lies with the players

davemclaren
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Looked a lower than normal Hearts crowd on Saturday, Ibrox could be empty and the blame only lies with the players

About 1,085 there on Saturday by my calculations. ?

Would love to be missing this but will be in attendance as usual. Just hope I don’t witness another spineless performance in Caste greyskull

8 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Would love to be missing this but will be in attendance as usual. Just hope I don’t witness another spineless performance in Caste greyskull

Probably go myself, mate, but pretty sure we won’t ‘ go for it ‘ !

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Probably go myself, mate, but pretty sure we won’t ‘ go for it ‘ !

The thought of Craig and his boot room Pep's planning to "go for it" is hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

£20 for Partick. 

£26 for Dundee. 

£15 for Partick again. 

£22 for Hamilton. 

£30 for Rangers. 

Scottish football’s pricing is a joke. 

My mate just bought a ticket fur the Aberdeen game next week. £37.50 . Rip off from HMFC.

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

The thought of Craig and his boot room Pep's planning to "go for it" is hilarious. 

Yes.

Think we will be “ cautious “ !

18 minutes ago, beaver said:

My mate just bought a ticket fur the Aberdeen game next week. £37.50 . Rip off from HMFC.

The cheapest adult ticket for a game against Aberdeen is £30. That's a joke.

Clerry Jambo
52 minutes ago, Royal Jambo said:

The cheapest adult ticket for a game against Aberdeen is £30. That's a joke.

I know looking online never gives you the true "state of play", however very few seats left in the 3 stands, although plenty in the 2 sections of Roseburn

2 hours ago, Bainy said:

We seem to have an inability to turn up in Glasgow. 

And Hamilton, Livingston, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Paisley 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, Bainy said:

We seem to have an inability to turn up in Glasgow. 

Well we better start to learn as we will hopefully be there 4 times in the next two months.

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

And Tynie sometimes ?

davemclaren
20 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We’ve won in Hamilton and Motherwell this season. ?

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

We’ve won in Hamilton and Motherwell this season. ?

And also lost in Motherwell and Hamilton ?. My point is , we shouldn’t be losing to teams like this but this season is par for the course

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

And also lost in Motherwell and Hamilton ?. My point is , we shouldn’t be losing to teams like this but this season is par for the course

There’s always going to be surprise results but it’s the frequency that we lose these types of games that is a joke.  In fact, they’re not even surprise results anymore.

23 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Our record in Perth is a disgrace too.

Mr Elwood P
12 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

What aspect of the history of Heart of Midlothian F.C. suggests that we shouldn't be losing to teams like Motherwell and Hamilton? We have slipped up against smaller teams for over 100 years and will continue to do so. This applies equally to almost every team on the planet. Juventus, Champions League contenders and Serie A champions elect lost 2-0 at the weekend to 12th place Genoa. I truly believe that either a fundamental lack of football knowledge or a complete inability to view a situation objectively contributes to 90% of the ire on this forum.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What aspect of the history of Heart of Midlothian F.C. suggests that we shouldn't be losing to teams like Motherwell and Hamilton? We have slipped up against smaller teams for over 100 years and will continue to do so. This applies equally to almost every team on the planet. Juventus, Champions League contenders and Serie A champions elect lost 2-0 at the weekend to 12th place Genoa. I truly believe that either a fundamental lack of football knowledge or a complete inability to view a situation objectively contributes to 90% of the ire on this forum.

Happy to answer this MEP as honestly and how I see it merely from my point of view. We have no sense of entitlement to win anything and nor has anyone else for that matter. I perhaps worded the narrative of my statement wrongly. What I should’ve wrote was,

We shouldn’t be losing to teams like this ON A CONSISTENT BASIS AND CERTAINLY NOT AS REGULAR AS WE HAVE THIS SEASON! 

My lack of fundamental knowledge in general may not be as expansive as others but I do know a poor performance, lack of creativity and lack of effort when I witness one and believe me I’ve witnessed many over the years. Maybe the purists and the ex managers on JKB can explain how we can put up a tremendous performance with 10 men against the Scottish champions and then a few weeks later look so bereft of ideas with 11 men against lowly Hamilton? I was there on Saturday and stayed till the end and what I witnessed was a clueless performance with no effort, movement and distinct lack of urgency whatsoever! That won’t win games no matter who we play against! 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Happy to answer this MEP as honestly and how I see it merely from my point of view. We have no sense of entitlement to win anything and nor has anyone else for that matter. I perhaps worded the narrative of my statement wrongly. What I should’ve wrote was,

We shouldn’t be losing to teams like this ON A CONSISTENT BASIS AND CERTAINLY NOT AS REGULAR AS WE HAVE THIS SEASON! 

My lack of fundamental knowledge in general may not be as expansive as others but I do know a poor performance, lack of creativity and lack of effort when I witness one and believe me I’ve witnessed many over the years. Maybe the purists and the ex managers on JKB can explain how we can put up a tremendous performance with 10 men against the Scottish champions and then a few weeks later look so bereft of ideas with 11 men against lowly Hamilton? I was there on Saturday and stayed till the end and what I witnessed was a clueless performance with no effort, movement and distinct lack of urgency whatsoever! That won’t win games no matter who we play against! 

We’ve beat every team that we’ve met at least once so neither the good form nor the bad form have been consistent.

The Hamilton game was poor for two main reasons in my opinion:

1. It is much harder to play against a team setup to frustrate and disrupt, as mentioned.

2. That match was our third game and over the course of a week with a squad full of players returning from injury / surgery. We look exhausted and unfit. Hopefully this two week break galvanises us for the final push!

I wouid concede that by not startint Uche Levein shot us in the foot pre kick off. He makes a massive difference both in an attacking and defensive sense.

46 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We’ve beat every team that we’ve met at least once so neither the good form nor the bad form have been consistent.

I don’t recall us beating the Hun this season and as this thread is about away tickets then this will be our 3rd meeting coming up and we’ve lost two to date. 

Coincidentally I picked up my Ibroke tickets today and demand is very slow. Could be our worst attendance through there in a while which in itself is a sign of the times as to the standard of fayre that CL and his band of merry men are serving up.

You can call Hearts fans many things but blind and stupid aren’t two of them! 

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I don’t recall us beating the Hun this season and as this thread is about away tickets then this will be our 3rd meeting coming up and we’ve lost two to date. 

Coincidentally I picked up my Ibroke tickets today and demand is very slow. Could be our worst attendance through there in a while which in itself is a sign of the times as to the standard of fayre that CL and his band of merry men are serving up.

You can call Hearts fans many things but blind and stupid aren’t two of them! 

I meant to exclude Rangers from the list! Hopefully that is rectified before the end of the season. Fair play for attending games at Ibrox.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I meant to exclude Rangers from the list! Hopefully that is rectified before the end of the season. Fair play for attending games at Ibrox.

I attend home and away every week. I missed two away games last year and this season have only missed one. In saying that,  It doesn’t qualify me to have any more or any less an opinion than any other diehard Jambo. What I do know is that we are playing some truly awful football just now and wether I have a knowledge, or lack of knowledge about the game of football, then things need to change dramatically or this will impact on our income for the club in the very near future. No one wants to pay good hard earned money to watch the eye bleeding stuff on offer that we’ve been subjected to week in week out for months now. 

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I attend home and away every week. I missed two away games last year and this season have only missed one. In saying that,  It doesn’t qualify me to have any more or any less an opinion than any other diehard Jambo. What I do know is that we are playing some truly awful football just now and wether I have a knowledge, or lack of knowledge about the game of football, then things need to change dramatically or this will impact on our income for the club in the very near future. No one wants to pay good hard earned money to watch the eye bleeding stuff on offer that we’ve been subjected to week in week out for months now. 

Having been to all these games home and away, I’m a season ticket holder who attends occasional away games and Cup matches, how many teams in our league have blown you away or at the very least impressed you in the with the football they play? I remember us getting decimated 1-3 by Aberdeen at Tynecastle and being very impressed by them. Celtic naturally play some fantastic stuff on occasion. Other than that a lot of it seems to be turgid and won on fine margins. The success stories over the last year or so (Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Livingston) are all attritional and defensive. Having been to matches across Europe i’m always looking for a fresh perspective.

In all honesty, there’s no team in Scotland that have ‘blown me away’ with their style of football. Even the current champions are just mere fodder for the other European nations, which pleases me greatly. The standard across the board is shocking to say the least and there’s good reason why Scotland have a double header against the might of Khazakstan and San Marino whilst the other home nations are miles ahead of us. In footballing terms then we are a third world nation when it comes to the beautiful game. I also have a season ticket to Anfield and if I need to see good football then I head down south, providing it doesn’t clash with my first love at tynecastle. Last time I was blown away with any football game that I witnessed was Liverpool v Borussia Dortmund. Down 1-3 with 20 mins to go and Liverpool came back to win 4-3 with a goal in injury time. Totally blown away with their attacking style.

Thinking back to Hamilton last week, then the lack of attacking free flowing football and our clueless approach to breaking down a stubborn Hamilton defence would reduce the purists down to tears and even bring a tear to the proverbial ‘glass eye’.