Connor Goldson 'tackle'

h-e-a-r-t-s

h-e-a-r-t-s

Sorry if I've missed a thread, but just seen the highlights, can anyone possibly explain how that tackle in the 93rd minute isn't a red card?

Kyle Lafferty last season against Aberdeen wasn't nearly as bad and he got a straight red

2 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Sorry if I've missed a thread, but just seen the highlights, can anyone possibly explain how that tackle in the 93rd minute isn't a red card?

Kyle Lafferty last season against Aberdeen wasn't nearly as bad and he got a straight red

Cant remember his exact quote but Gerrard said roughly , we got kicked off the ball regualrly and there was nothing done about it so maybe we got off with one but Connor probably felt he could get away with it as the ref hadn’t pulled Killie players up for similar.

Samuel Camazzola
15 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Because of the shirt he is wearing. The ref will have enough things to grovel to Gerrard about without having to explain this incident aswell. 

August Landmesser

Goldson got away with a nasty stamp in their cup game v the sheep as well - shown during Sportscene highlights, but not mentioned or discussed afterwards. Seems like a total thug.

Phil Dunphy

Reminds me of an entirely identical tackle by Stephen McManus on Andy Driver at Parkhead in about 2010 that ended in a red card. 

Let’s be honest, there is no consistency with any referee this season. It’s something that has to be addressed going forward. 

willie wallace
21 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Reminds me of an entirely identical tackle by Stephen McManus on Andy Driver at Parkhead in about 2010 that ended in a red card. 

Let’s be honest, there is no consistency with any referee this season. It’s something that has to be addressed going forward. 

We're we not 2 up near the end of the game when Driver skinned him.No way McManus was chasing him so just took the red card.

Where is Driver these days 

Goldstone's tackle was a shocker and a red card regardless of it being a last man challenge or not

Goldson should have been off for that challenge.

Morelos also should have been off for violent conduct just after the HT whistle.

Phil Dunphy
7 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

We're we not 2 up near the end of the game when Driver skinned him.No way McManus was chasing him so just took the red card.

Where is Driver these days 

Goldstone's tackle was a shocker and a red card regardless of it being a last man challenge or not

I’m pretty sure it was during the 1-0 win in about 2009, rather than the 2-0 a couple of years before. 

I think he’s still in Holland, although I’m quite prepared to be corrected on that. 

Rangers player uses two hands to shove a Killie player, right in front of the referee. Isn't even spoken to either. Morelos, again could have been off. 

You know the answer to the Goldstone question. It's because of who he plays for.

7 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Did we not get away with similar with Cochrane at Easter Road??

Yes we did. Marginally less ‘violent’ I’d suggest, but absolutely a red card too.

Edited by Pistol1874

airdriejambo3
5 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

At 4:13 here.  Definitely a red card.

wow, there's not even any doubt that its a red card, 100% clear goalscoring opportunity 

20 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

wow, there's not even any doubt that its a red card, 100% clear goalscoring opportunity 

Has a direct run in on goal and a potential shot, no effort for ball so should have  been red, plus the tackle as well.

McGregor could easily have been carded too for aiming the ball at the Killie player in the ground.

Findlay had a bad one earlier, which was on the verge of red, but yellow probably just about right.

Rangers appear very angry just now.  Fully expected to have been back winning trophies and are failing even with significant refereeing leniency towards their players.

Theses dorcs do realise that everything that has happened to them is self inflicted going back to Murray's time and have been treated very leniently.

Edited by DETTY29

willie wallace
32 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Agreed but just for info the last man rule was scrapped a few years ago. 

Demying a goal scoring opportunity replaced it but obviously being straight through on goal at ibrox in the 93rd minute isn’t deemed to meet those criteria ? 

Yea you are right.i know they changed the terminology.

If we had VAR he would have got 2 red cards?

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What's with all the pigeons on the pitch :lol:

As many pigeons on the pitch as fans in the stand. Honeymoon seems to be over.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Definitely a red card 

I see Mcgrigors kicking the ball at the kili players’ face right after as well

last man rule as was scraped a while back.

Latest rules:
"Fouls which are committed with excessive force, however, or which are deliberately committed to deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity for the player fouled (i.e. a professional foul), are punishable by a red card."

Red all day long. dirty

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Not sure what was worse the foul or the attempt to hit the guy with the ball. Definitely a red. Great to see them so frustrated and angry ?,  also pissing myself laughing at the group of pigeons that kept appearing all over the pitch ?.

13 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What's with all the pigeons on the pitch :lol:

They can smell s**** from miles away?

5 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Didn’t Callum Paterson get shown red for a similar foul? Away game against Hamilton I think ??‍♂️

............ and v hubz at Easter Road in the Ozturk game.

5 hours ago, Busby8 said:

............ and v hubz at Easter Road in the Ozturk game.

A mere 70 yards from goal. 

Paterson's was a trally bad lunge rather than a swipe and was a worse tackle than Goldsen's.

But in context of where in the pitch, bothh were clear reds, taking everything into account.

• 7 months later...
IveSeenTheLight
On 18/03/2019 at 18:24, DesertDawg said:

SevCo defender Connor Goldson wants referees to give stronger action against "ridiculous challenges" to help improve Scottish football.

🤣

On 18/03/2019 at 14:42, Phil Dunphy said:

Bring in refs from outside scotland ?