Disrespect

Bull's-eye

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I think people have a somewhat inflated idea of Kickback's importance tbh.

This. 

Its not even hot air it’s just.....out there. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• It should have been ten

• davemclaren

• The Gorgie

merseyjambo
13 hours ago, frankblack said:

On that we are agreed, and my main frustration is on the coaching or lack of for players like Morrison and Mulraney.  How can players who start the season with a problem crossing a ball still have that problem come March?

Unfortunately I don't know the internal workings of the coaching to know who is to blame but if I were Craig I would be getting that fixed ASAP.

You go on about the coaching. Who took then on as coaches. That’s right, CL. Their failings are his failings.

The fact that he appears to have very little to do with team until later in the week means either they are not following his instructions or there are no instructions. Either way it’s pretty poor.

I’d never resort to the abuse of CL or players but it doesn’t mean that he is the right man for the job or that his idea of succession is warped.

12 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

You go on about the coaching. Who took then on as coaches. That’s right, CL. Their failings are his failings.

The fact that he appears to have very little to do with team until later in the week means either they are not following his instructions or there are no instructions. Either way it’s pretty poor.

I’d never resort to the abuse of CL or players but it doesn’t mean that he is the right man for the job or that his idea of succession is warped.

We wouldn't expect you to!

16 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I think people have a somewhat inflated idea of Kickback's importance tbh.

Yep. If I was a player I very much doubt I’d go onto such forums tbh, especially after defeats. Some of the stuff written is just not very nice and probably by some who don’t even attend games. 

Its no worse than other forums and indeed like jackanory compared to the likes of Aberdeen’s and sevcos 

43 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

There are very few managers that spend much time on the training ground - that is the job of the first team coaches.

I think there are a number of questions needing answered about what these coaches are doing:

- Why is Morrison still incapable of crossing a ball?  We have a couple of big forwards getting no service.

- Why is the team completely lacking in width?

- Why aren't midfielders making attacking runs?

- Why are we having so few efforts on goal?

Levein needs to find answers to these questions pretty quickly.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There are very few managers that spend much time on the training ground - that is the job of the first team coaches.

I think there are a number of questions needing answered about what these coaches are doing:

- Why is Morrison still incapable of crossing a ball?  We have a couple of big forwards getting no service.

The answer is that our style of play has become one dimensional.  Get the ball to Uche and stand and watch while he tries to beat 3 players.  Earlier in the season we had runners playing off Uche, we also varied the play by getting it wide.  I also think Uche is trying to do too much.  I think CL has become obsessed with this one style of attack but it is limiting us to very few chances being created.  |In short we have become very easy to defend against.    

19 hours ago, davemclaren said:

There was no internet in the 70s but some of the disrespect you heard on the terraces...well!!  ?

Football fans love a winning team/board but if you’re not winning you can expect pelters. Always been the way. 

Correct.

It has always been thus.

Not right of course, but not new..

Inch Hearts
40 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Levein needed to find answers to the majority of that this time last year and here we are again.  

Phil Dunphy
18 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Spot on! Absolutely no need for it whatsoever. 

I’m related to a former Hearts player who shall remain nameless. He was a decent player for us who luckily escaped a lot of the abuse from our terracing. On that note he’s always said that our fans are the worst fans he’s played in front of as we’re on the team’s back from the off rather than actually get behind them and give our support. Not nice hearing that from him.

When I first started following Hearts in the 80’s it was very different times. It’s night and day to the sense of entitlement from our terracing now. Can’t even sing 2 verses of the Hearts song and it peters out then back to the silence then moaning. 

The usual suspects will of course blame Anne Budge for this when it’s an absolute cop out because it’s been this way for years and years now. 

Us Hearts supporters’ have proved our support for the club since administration, we have to be up there with the best supporters’ in the world for that alone but that’s where it seems to stop. 

Totally get that the performances’ on the pitch haven’t been much to rave about but I’m sure it would give the whole place a lift if we all stopped moaning for 90 mins and supported the team.

Worth a try :flag2: 

I was wondering when someone would blame the supporters for the current run of form. Good stuff. 

And your relative? Can get himself to **** too. 

All the teams bar Celtic are dropping points in games they were expected to win. We are struggling no doubt. I just hope that we can recover our early season form. People sounding off as if they have an easy answer are siren voices.

merseyjambo
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Point 1, Morrison is supposed to be a striker not a winger. He was played up front by Stirling last season 

Point 2, As manager it’s CL’s job to oversee a balanced squad. We have umpteen central midfielders yet a lack of width. That’s down to the signings made. Who makes them, the manager

Point 3, Again boils down to recruitment. He should know what we need when it comes to putting a squad together. The fact that In the summer he signed undynamic midfielders is his choice. Did we really need Bozanic, Edwards and Lee who all are of a similar vain, no movement or pace. Clare has the pace but isn’t a midfield runner.

Point 4, maybe they are told to wait for the clear opening instead of take a gamble. Who knows

The point is you point out the imbalances in the squad yet this squad was assembled by CL. Coaches can’t make people who have little pace run quicker, they can’t teach a forward to be a winger. His overseeing of recruitment has been quite frankly baffling. We as fans have been saying for ages that we need a box to box midfielder and/or a winger. Problem is the man in charge of recruitment hasn’t sorted it out. We had the ideal chance to bring in that out and out winger in Templeton but overlooked him for Ryan Edwards and Bozanic.

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

All the teams bar Celtic are dropping points in games they were expected to win. We are struggling no doubt. I just hope that we can recover our early season form. People sounding off as if they have an easy answer are siren voices.

Our only answer to anything it seems was Steven Naismith. 

We've won 3 league games since the winter break and only 1 of they games was against a club bigger or of similar size to us.  Now it's Sheep Huns and Hibs.  I've no idea where the form pick up is going to come from considering our performances against Hamilton, Partick (x2) Dundee, St Mirren & Motherwell.   Only Dundee and St Johnstone are in worse form and even them now have easier games before the split. 

Bridge of Djoum
17 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’m in Old Lyme for a week next month. We could have a party. 

I’m not into stuff like that, Dave but if you fancy a pint...

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I was wondering when someone would blame the supporters for the current run of form. Good stuff. 

Ooohhhh tough guy. 

58 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Point 1, Morrison is supposed to be a striker not a winger. He was played up front by Stirling last season 

His finishing is worse than his crossing.

Why hasn't either improved with training?

Point 2, As manager it’s CL’s job to oversee a balanced squad. We have umpteen central midfielders yet a lack of width. That’s down to the signings made. Who makes them, the manager

The squad is generally balanced but we lost Mitchell and Smith as full backs.  Lack of options out wide, though.

Who knows if we had affordable wingers to try and sign.

Why can't our other full backs and wide players get crosses into strikers?

Point 3, Again boils down to recruitment. He should know what we need when it comes to putting a squad together. The fact that In the summer he signed undynamic midfielders is his choice. Did we really need Bozanic, Edwards and Lee who all are of a similar vain, no movement or pace. Clare has the pace but isn’t a midfield runner.

Don't agree.  Think a lot is down to coaching.

Point 4, maybe they are told to wait for the clear opening instead of take a gamble. Who knows

We need to find out as goals are the point of the game.

The point is you point out the imbalances in the squad yet this squad was assembled by CL. Coaches can’t make people who have little pace run quicker, they can’t teach a forward to be a winger. His overseeing of recruitment has been quite frankly baffling. We as fans have been saying for ages that we need a box to box midfielder and/or a winger. Problem is the man in charge of recruitment hasn’t sorted it out. We had the ideal chance to bring in that out and out winger in Templeton but overlooked him for Ryan Edwards and Bozanic.

That is a simplistic view.  Its more complicated than that.

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Ooohhhh tough guy. 

That you jumping to the defence of a total stranger out of the blue?

Not like you. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

That you jumping to the defence of a total stranger out of the blue?

Not like you. 

That you telling a complete stranger on the internet his mate can ''get himself to **** too''?

Image result for internet tough guy

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

That you telling a complete stranger on the internet his mate can ''get himself to **** too''?

Keyboard commando? Jesus Christ ?

Whatever mate, you’re one of the worst folk on here for causing arguments. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Keyboard commando? Jesus Christ ?

Whatever mate, you’re one of the worst folk on here for causing arguments. 

Oh, Phil. I really don't want to argue with you. Forgive my lack of coffee thus far. 

We agree, we disagree. I don't want to make anything personal. 

It should have been ten
17 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Been going since 82-83 season (With a wee break due to cash issues) and have laughed at much worse teams and managers than this one.

Apparently makes me a happy clapper and someone who accepts mediocrity.

Football and football fans have changed, I get that but, at 55 it’s a lot less fun than it used to be and the speed with which players are dismissed as shite and crowds get on players backs is just mad. 

Folk are pissed off, understandably but some of the stuff on here is ridiculous 

Agree 100% bud. You’ve nailed it, it is ridiculous at times.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Who’s blaming the supporters? Is the thread not actually about disrespect which is what ‘some’ supporters (aye very good) are guilty of?

My relative can get himself to **** aye :lol: just for having an opinion on our support. He loves our club and contributed to it more than you ever will so how about you getting yourself to **** pal. 

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Who’s blaming the supporters? Is the thread not actually about disrespect which is what ‘some’ supporters (aye very good) are guilty of?

My relative can get himself to **** aye :lol: just for having an opinion on our support. He loves our club and contributed to it more than you ever will so how about you getting yourself to **** pal. 

Firstly, I’m not your “pal”. Feel free to refrain from using such language towards me in future, thanks. 

Slamming the supporters of the club he “loves” :laugh: 

Contributed more than I ever will, aye? I’ve never taken a penny out of our football club myself. Quite the opposite, actually. 

3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Bit harsh mate.?

We should have a sponsored moan day at Tynecastle.

A quid a moan, two quid for a boo and a fiver for combination of above and swear word into the bargain.

We would have a bigger budget than Celtic and enough to hire any manager me wanted☺

Phil Dunphy
Just now, luckydug said:

Bit harsh mate.?

We should have a sponsored moan day at Tynecastle.

A quid a moan, two quid for a boo and a fiver for combination of above and swear word into the bargain.

We would have a bigger budget than Celtic and enough to hire any manager me wanted☺

You’re on the right track but we could make so much more from specifics. 

£3 anytime someone mentions Sean Clare and Spurs/Everton in the same sentence. 

8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You’re on the right track but we could make so much more from specifics. 

£3 anytime someone mentions Sean Clare and Spurs/Everton in the same sentence. 

£10 anytime someone mentions 'five year plan' ☺

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

£10 anytime someone mentions 'five year plan' ☺

£20 every time the young lads sing about the club being in the wrong hands. 

It should have been ten
32 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Firstly, I’m not your “pal”. Feel free to refrain from using such language towards me in future, thanks. 

Slamming the supporters of the club he “loves” :laugh: 

Contributed more than I ever will, aye? I’ve never taken a penny out of our football club myself. Quite the opposite, actually. 

Trust me I wasn’t using pal as a term of endearment. 

Aye contributed more than you, his goals for a start. In fact one very important goal he scored would’ve contributed FAR more.

He NEVER said he dislikes our supporters and he hardly ‘slammed’ us :lol: far from it! Having played for a few clubs and also at a higher level than the SPL he was merely expressing his experiences with each club’s support from the terraces when asked during conversation. Wether you like it or not that’s just his opinion. Ask Mr Naismith his thoughts, has he to get to **** too? 

In fact answer if you like, I’ll not see it as you’re now going on ignore where you belong. Will leave you to carry on hiding behind a keyboard with your angry slavering, nothing new there though pal  :wave1:  

Edited by It should have been ten

Bazzas right boot

Folk showing disrespect on a disrespect thread. 

Oh the banter. 

Some of the way folk on here and in the ground speak of our fans, club, players, owner and manager are way beyond disrespect, they're just complete Bam pots, they also usually play the PHM card to then make themselves feel mightier. 

Weirdos. 

Inch Hearts
35 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Trust me I wasn’t using pal as a term of endearment. 

Aye contributed more than you, his goals for a start. In fact one very important goal he scored would’ve contributed FAR more.

He NEVER said he dislikes our supporters and he hardly ‘slammed’ us :lol: far from it! Having played for a few clubs and also at a higher level than the SPL he was merely expressing his experiences with each club’s support from the terraces when asked during conversation. Wether you like it or not that’s just his opinion. Ask Mr Naismith his thoughts, has he to get to **** too? 

In fact answer if you like, I’ll not see it as you’re now going on ignore where you belong. Will leave you to carry on hiding behind a keyboard with your angry slavering, nothing new there though pal  :wave1:  

I'm guessing Beattie. 

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Folk showing disrespect on a disrespect thread. 

Oh the banter. 

Some of the way folk on here and in the ground speak of our fans, club, players, owner and manager are way beyond disrespect, they're just complete Bam pots, they also usually play the PHM card to then make themselves feel mightier. 

Weirdos. 

It only took 4 posts in before massive abuse and disrespect appeared and is exactly what was intended when the thread was made imo. 

1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

Agree 100% bud. You’ve nailed it, it is ridiculous at times.

Yup been going on and off since Sept 85 and agree entirely. Would be interesting to see the % of age groups who hold specific views about how we should perform. Everyone expects us to perform better than we are thats fair enough. However how much better or what expectations and see if there is a correlation in age ranges and expectation levels.

Calebs Grandad
On 17/03/2019 at 13:17, 7628mm said:

It is indeed a sign of the times and very sad times they are just now, but do you have any suggestions on how, in your very humble opinion, this can be reversed and get everyone back on the happy train?

Craig Levein moves back upstairs as DoF after appointing Michael Appleton as new manager. Appleton oversees us winning 6 and drawing 2 of our remaining 8 league games, beating Hibs twice, and after beating ICT in the cup semi final leads us to a 3-1 final victory over Aberdeen. 

It should have been ten
22 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I'm guessing Beattie. 

Nah not him. I won’t say on this forum mate, it’s no worth it.

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yup been going on and off since Sept 85 and agree entirely. Would be interesting to see the % of age groups who hold specific views about how we should perform. Everyone expects us to perform better than we are thats fair enough. However how much better or what expectations and see if there is a correlation in age ranges and expectation levels.

You’re right mate. Certain elements of our ‘support’ will never be happy, even if we had Pep Guardiola in charge. The proof’s there when we had Robbie Neilson in the dugout. Pissed the Championship at a canter then had us sitting 2nd in the SPFL but because the football wasn’t stylish enough that wasn’t acceptable for some and the abuse he received was shameful.

Charlton Athletic fans are a classic example of being careful what you wish for. Alan Curbishley had them mid table in the Premiership but they weren’t content with that and wanted him out. Got what they demonstrated for and now find themselves in League one. 

Defo think the age thing has a big part to play like you say. I’ve no words for the older fans that abuse Craig Levein. Criticism is much different from abuse. 

On 17/03/2019 at 15:34, cheetah said:

:rofl: missed the point of thread me thinks.

You think wrong.

I was merely making a separate point.

So, :rofl:

:wink:?

42 minutes ago, sadj said:

Social media....plain and simple.

Don’t think it’s down to age at all.

If there was no social media, or before social media, you were aware of unease because of people outside the old stand, breaching !

Many of them were rockets !

?

Independence
On 17/03/2019 at 13:30, frankblack said:

Agree totally with the OP.

This board is infested with vermin and disrespectful halfwits who are a complete embarassment.  While things aren't going well we really don't need these negative arseholes getting on the backs of the players.

This.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

Nah not him. I won’t say on this forum mate, it’s no worth it.

Quite right too ?

Big Slim Stylee
5 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Ooohhhh tough guy. 

Not tough. Just another incapable of raising the level of discourse to that of a reasonable human being.

davemclaren
34 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Some decent attacking play and a few shots on target would be a good start to improving the mood of the fans.

Can’t disagree with that. 

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Not tough. Just another incapable of raising the level of discourse to that of a reasonable human being.

:laugh:

glynnlondon

We've been going around in circles with the same arguments for the best part of our time since promotion.

Is it the case that the players aren't as good as we are led to believe or that the coaching and tactics are the problem ?

Something has been ****ed with us for ages and people are surprised that some have the hump over our supposed progression or lack thereof.

Really ?

It should have been ten
9 hours ago, Boab said:

Social media....plain and simple.

Don’t think it’s down to age at all.

If there was no social media, or before social media, you were aware of unease because of people outside the old stand, breaching !

Many of them were rockets !

?

Spot on, social media has a hell of a lot to answer for. Recall a few demos outside the old main stand as you say, mainly directed towards Mr Mercer. “Rockets” sums them up perfectly. 

It should have been ten
13 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

That’s brilliant :lol: ??