Disrespect

Bull's-eye

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, graygo said:

We've won more than we've lost this season so using your logic that makes us winners.

:clap:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• It should have been ten

• davemclaren

• The Gorgie

And our longer term form is rotten.  9 wins in 24 games since Naismith got injured at Murrayfield, a moment which seemed to lead to that downturn in form.

2 of those wins v lower league sides as well.

In the real world I’ve yet to meet a Hearts fan who is happy and thinks we have stability. JKB is a peculiar place.  

3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

It's a sad indictment the way supporters dish out so much abuse towards something they portray to love and care about. 

Makes for sad reading and must be horrendous for supporters that can't make games for whatever reason.

It's a sign of the times I suppose.

???????

Nobody is dishing out abuse to Hearts the institution 

Its the clown that's in charge simple as that 

Its no good enough. Full stop

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

And our longer term form is rotten.  9 wins in 24 games since Naismith got injured at Murrayfield, a moment which seemed to lead to that downturn in form.

In the real world I’ve yet to meet a Hearts fan who is happy and thinks we have stability. JKB is a peculiar place.  

There's a few on here and thats it 

Other than them, everyone i know wants him gone immediately to salvage a chance of a Final 

2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

There's a few on here and thats it 

Other than them, everyone i know wants him gone immediately to salvage a chance of a Final 

And what a chance of a final. But you can bet that although thousands of JTs will head through to support the jersey, there’ll be much apprehension.

Its leading me to think we need the new manager/ JJ effect (I’m not saying employ him again ?) prior to the semi. Someone to reinvigorate the players, give them a bit freedom and on a personal level really draw out the drive to win. 

Its unlike a Levein team if you think of his first spell. I feel there is something missing at man management level. If it’s true he steps back during the week you wonder if the players are reacting to the coaches in charge?

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not many players are earning our respect.

It’s not really the players at the centre of the personal abuse though is it?  Would love to see the so called keyboard hard men say some of the stuff they so bravely type from behind a wee screen to Mr Levein’s face... ?

Edited by It should have been ten

Bridge of Djoum
36 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Tell it to my yacht* my friend.

*2010 Chevy 

Just remembered I'll be in Connecticut next month for a couple of days. I have a couple of meetings in Mystic on my way to relax up in Cape Cod for a week. 

Christophe Berra is the latest target for personal abuse. A player who could have earned more elsewhere but came here to a club he loves. 

I'm the first to admit he's been poor since his, IMO rushed return from injury but he's been labelled "Shite", "Finished" and "Next season's Aaron Hughes", on here by so called Hearts supporters. The club captain! It's a disgrace.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Christophe Berra is the latest target for personal abuse. A player who could have earned more elsewhere but came here to a club he loves. 

I'm the first to admit he's been poor since his, IMO rushed return from injury but he's been labelled "Shite", "Finished" and "Next season's Aaron Hughes", on here by so called Hearts supporters. The club captain! It's a disgrace.

Very good post. Very. 

It should have been ten
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Spot on! Absolutely no need for it whatsoever. 

I’m related to a former Hearts player who shall remain nameless. He was a decent player for us who luckily escaped a lot of the abuse from our terracing. On that note he’s always said that our fans are the worst fans he’s played in front of as we’re on the team’s back from the off rather than actually get behind them and give our support. Not nice hearing that from him.

When I first started following Hearts in the 80’s it was very different times. It’s night and day to the sense of entitlement from our terracing now. Can’t even sing 2 verses of the Hearts song and it peters out then back to the silence then moaning. 

The usual suspects will of course blame Anne Budge for this when it’s an absolute cop out because it’s been this way for years and years now. 

Us Hearts supporters’ have proved our support for the club since administration, we have to be up there with the best supporters’ in the world for that alone but that’s where it seems to stop. 

Totally get that the performances’ on the pitch haven’t been much to rave about but I’m sure it would give the whole place a lift if we all stopped moaning for 90 mins and supported the team.

Worth a try :flag2: 

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

So Hearts fans are vermin and disrespectful halfwits and an embarrassment !

Perhaps it’s you that has the problem because if your employed to manage a 

team to get the best out of the players and you and your staff are failing do 

you expect fans to say nothing out of respect for a man who was a great 

player for our team. Think about the harm that is being done to our club now.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe you should consider the OP’s post in relation to he way you talk about fellow Hearts fans. 

Nope - those that show respect for Hearts legends and limit criticism to on field activities then I'm fine.

Generally if they come upon someone who shoots down their ill-thought rants then their next step is always personal abuse.

2 hours ago, cheetah said:

:rofl: missed the point of thread me thinks.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Most of the players look as if they are carrying 5 supporters on their backs! They and CL deserve all the criticism they are getting apart from personal abuse. 

That is fair comment and wasn't who I was having a go at.  There is one "regal" poster who is actively making up stories that have no basis in reality and when challenged makes up another fib to cover the last one.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

We've won more than we've lost this season so using your logic that makes us winners.

if you say so 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

It’s not really the players at the centre of the personal abuse though is it?  Would love to see the so called keyboard hard men say some of the stuff they so bravely type from behind a wee screen to Mr Levein’s face... ?

One famously had the chance.... didn't utter a peep. Got a smiling picture taken with him instead.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You sound very Celtic minded.

Do i? what is celtic minded exactly? We can come back to this comment at the end of the league campaign and discuss this again. I may have to bow down to you CL fan boys and accept he is the right man to lead is forward or yous will have to accept we are a team of losers as we ended up with more L's than W's. It will be interesting won't it.

2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Do i? what is celtic minded exactly? We can come back to this comment at the end of the league campaign and discuss this again. I may have to bow down to you CL fan boys and accept he is the right man to lead is forward or yous will have to accept we are a team of losers as we ended up with more L's than W's. It will be interesting won't it.

By Celtic minded, I mean self-entitled, spoilt, and arrogant with a thin grasp of reality.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

By Celtic minded, I mean self-entitled, spoilt, and arrogant with a thin grasp of reality.

Aw really, thats cool to know. You should work on not being like that, for all the name calling going on ive never called anyone names. You on the other hand, well...

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Aw really, thats cool to know. You should work on not being like that, for all the name calling going on ive never called anyone names. You on the other hand, well...

I will give you that, however you are attempting to set unrealistic demands that you have no influence over and dismiss other posters views.

I am merely pointing out your expectations are unrealistic for supporting a club like Hearts.

It should have been ten
25 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

One famously had the chance.... didn't utter a peep. Got a smiling picture taken with him instead.

:clyay:

Briliiant hahaha....wonder who ??

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

:clyay:

Briliiant hahaha....wonder who ??

Someone will be along soon to offer a witty clue or perhaps an anagram of his name...

Image result for sounds like

Image result for rambo

Just now, frankblack said:

I will give you that, however you are attempting to set unrealistic demands that you have no influence over and dismiss other posters views.

I am merely pointing out your expectations are unrealistic for supporting a club like Hearts.

My expectations are just to see the team try put up a fight. I've already said in a post i don't expect us to be world beaters. Any one following hearts with that mind set is going to be very, very disappointed. Wanting the team to show some fight, passion, aggression, for 90 mins give everything for the badge. Its really isn't asking all that much.

My expectations are just to see the team try put up a fight. I've already said in a post i don't expect us to be world beaters. Any one following hearts with that mind set is going to be very, very disappointed. Wanting the team to show some fight, passion, aggression, for 90 mins give everything for the badge. Its really isn't asking all that much.

On that we are agreed, and my main frustration is on the coaching or lack of for players like Morrison and Mulraney.  How can players who start the season with a problem crossing a ball still have that problem come March?

Unfortunately I don't know the internal workings of the coaching to know who is to blame but if I were Craig I would be getting that fixed ASAP.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Great post

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Someone will be along soon to offer a witty clue or perhaps an anagram of his name...

Image result for sounds like

Image result for rambo

Ahhh ok bud ?

Bridge of Djoum

And until that happens we shall call them losers and shitebags. 

What will you call them when the wins begin again?

A supporter understands that you gotta accept the good and the bad, more so when you support a team like Hearts. You'd do well to remember that. We have far more bad/average seasons than good. To pish yourself every bad season seems madness.

Expensive in underwear, too.

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Just remembered I'll be in Connecticut next month for a couple of days. I have a couple of meetings in Mystic on my way to relax up in Cape Cod for a week. 

Mystic is pretty nice tbf. Hard to describe but a real 50/50 vibe between utter pretension and an early 90s Erasure video. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

A supporter understands that you gotta accept the good and the bad, more so when you support a team like Hearts. You'd do well to remember that. We have far more bad/average seasons than good. To pish yourself every bad season seems madness.

Does that mean you stop trying to improve? I’ll never get this mindset from a section of our support? It’s just a submission.

Why don’t we draw on the good times? Aspire to have more of those times rather than say ...”aw well, it doesn’t happen often anyway”...even try to go to another level that becomes more regular. 

What’s good, bad or average for us anyway? We’re the 3rd strongest side stats wise after the old firm over history. Which suggests that’s our bare minimum to expect from the club.

Mind you, since the landmark season of 1986, we’re on course for our worst 3 season top flight run in 30 years. Maybe this is what people are getting used to?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Mystic is pretty nice tbf. Hard to describe but a real 50/50 vibe between utter pretension and an early 90s Erasure video. :lol:

You just described my wheelhouse, bro.

''Alexa, show me houses in Mystic''.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

On that we are agreed, and my main frustration is on the coaching or lack of for players like Morrison and Mulraney.  How can players who start the season with a problem crossing a ball still have that problem come March?

Unfortunately I don't know the internal workings of the coaching to know who is to blame but if I were Craig I would be getting that fixed ASAP.

Morrison was so exciting to watch at the beginning of the season, always looking to drive forward, lacked the final ball as you. He's a young lad, if its not something that they work on in training its something he can work on himself. Stay behind half an hour and practice whipping balls in, who knows what goes on. The potential is there and its frustrating to see.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Does that mean you stop trying to improve? I’ll never get this mindset from a section of our support? It’s just a submission.

Why don’t we draw on the good times? Aspire to have more of those times rather than say ...”aw well, it doesn’t happen often anyway”...even try to go to another level that becomes more regular. 

What’s good, bad or average for us anyway? We’re the 3rd strongest side stats wise after the old firm over history. Which suggests that’s our bare minimum to expect from the club.

Mind you, since the landmark season of 1986, we’re on course for our worst 3 season top flight run in 30 years. Maybe this is what people are getting used to?

I get your points, hard to argue with most of it. 

I'm not saying we accept mediocrity, not at all, but folk shouldn't be surprised when we are bang average/poor.

11 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

its been 5 months of this. People are at their wits end with what they watch week in week out. 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I get your points, hard to argue with most of it. 

I'm not saying we accept mediocrity, not at all, but folk shouldn't be surprised when we are bang average/poor.

Fair enough. 

ToadKiller Dog

The Internet always brings out boorish behaviour and extremes, after a defeat it often seems like a few try to shout over each other to see who can hit the most ridiculous extreme form of criticism. 

It's always been like that. 

Should see the stuff Levein gets in some of the Facebook pages kick back is tame. 

But generally it calms down after a few hours or so. 

Real critisisin is justifiable at this time, I'm still bemused how we can go from the team who dominated at Hamilton with 20shots at goal at the start of the season to yesterdays limpless negative guff. 

46 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Morrison was so exciting to watch at the beginning of the season, always looking to drive forward, lacked the final ball as you. He's a young lad, if its not something that they work on in training its something he can work on himself. Stay behind half an hour and practice whipping balls in, who knows what goes on. The potential is there and its frustrating to see.

This is something that should be common place. I used to get the piss taken out of me by the other youngsters for doing it or going up the park wi my dad and just hitting freekicks time and time again or taking corners. Yet come a game they’d be the ones wanting the ball on their head or there for them to attack. 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I’m in Old Lyme for a week next month. We could have a party. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

I’m related to a former Hearts player who shall remain nameless. He was a decent player for us who luckily escaped a lot of the abuse from our terracing. On that note he’s always said that our fans are the worst fans he’s played in front of as we’re on the team’s back from the off rather than actually get behind them and give our support. Not nice hearing that from him.

When I first started following Hearts in the 80’s it was very different times. It’s night and day to the sense of entitlement from our terracing now. Can’t even sing 2 verses of the Hearts song and it peters out then back to the silence then moaning. 

The usual suspects will of course blame Anne Budge for this when it’s an absolute cop out because it’s been this way for years and years now. 

Us Hearts supporters’ have proved our support for the club since administration, we have to be up there with the best supporters’ in the world for that alone but that’s where it seems to stop. 

Totally get that the performances’ on the pitch haven’t been much to rave about but I’m sure it would give the whole place a lift if we all stopped moaning for 90 mins and supported the team.

Let's not forget in the 80s hullo hullo was pretty much the hearts song nor forget what was sung if an opposing player lay down injured - the fans did get behind the team but often in a way totally unacceptable today

In Gary Locke's year with the kids trying to avoid relegation the support was brilliant with only about 1% of the 80s stuff

The dross served up for most of this season (and I'm a levein supporter) is unacceptable to any fan who gives a f%%k

Cruyff Turn
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

+1 excellent post.

It seems when things are going bad it’s not just enough to say it’s poor, folk have to go overboard and start ripping into club legends. 

30 minutes ago, sadj said:

This is something that should be common place. I used to get the piss taken out of me by the other youngsters for doing it or going up the park wi my dad and just hitting freekicks time and time again or taking corners. Yet come a game they’d be the ones wanting the ball on their head or there for them to attack. 

Im not making a comparison here or ever think Morrison will get anywhere near this level but look at Ronaldo throughout his career. Has all the ability in the world but was always first in training and last out. Putting in that extra work in order to keep his level so high. Kids these days really could learn a lot from that.

Im not making a comparison here or ever think Morrison will get anywhere near this level but look at Ronaldo throughout his career. Has all the ability in the world but was always first in training and last out. Putting in that extra work in order to keep his level so high. Kids these days really could learn a lot from that.

Agree ? it sets you apart. 

It should have been ten
50 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Let's not forget in the 80s hullo hullo was pretty much the hearts song nor forget what was sung if an opposing player lay down injured - the fans did get behind the team but often in a way totally unacceptable today

In Gary Locke's year with the kids trying to avoid relegation the support was brilliant with only about 1% of the 80s stuff

The dross served up for most of this season (and I'm a levein supporter) is unacceptable to any fan who gives a f%%k

Good points. Totally agree with your last paragraph, the songs are brutal. The Olly Lee one especially.

4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Its the clown that's in charge simple as that 

Now that is disrespectful ?

maroonsgotop
4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

we've only won 2 league games without Naismith, Motherwell at home and Dundee away

4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

And yet there are some on here who think we have stability, and go to games with folk who think the exact same.

One of them thinks something special is being built.

Edited by Gambo

4 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Been going since 82-83 season (With a wee break due to cash issues) and have laughed at much worse teams and managers than this one.

Apparently makes me a happy clapper and someone who accepts mediocrity.

Football and football fans have changed, I get that but, at 55 it’s a lot less fun than it used to be and the speed with which players are dismissed as shite and crowds get on players backs is just mad. 

Folk are pissed off, understandably but some of the stuff on here is ridiculous 

gowestjambo

If there is any disrespect, it is towards the Supporters of Heart of Midlothian. The Fans who have dug deep to save and then provide additional funds to improve the team. Does Craig Levein's tactics or the pedestrian football the team serve up think this is ample reward for our efforts?

We deserve better than a bunch of average Footballers who can barely control or pass a football, or pass the ball in ever decreasing circles going nowhere. When is enough turgid performances against bottom teams going to become unacceptable?

At this moment in time we are being taken for Mugs, and all we hear are excuses. Twice we have heard Craig Levein saying he doesnt know how what to do regarding our form and goal scoring problems. Seemingly, all he needs is more time. Well if any of us admit we are not up to the job to our employers, then they will find a replacement who has the necessary qualities.

The Solution is plain to see, when a plan is not working - dont alienate the paying customers, find someone who can!!

48 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

If there is any disrespect, it is towards the Supporters of Heart of Midlothian. The Fans who have dug deep to save and then provide additional funds to improve the team. Does Craig Levein's tactics or the pedestrian football the team serve up think this is ample reward for our efforts?

We deserve better than a bunch of average Footballers who can barely control or pass a football, or pass the ball in ever decreasing circles going nowhere. When is enough turgid performances against bottom teams going to become unacceptable?

At this moment in time we are being taken for Mugs, and all we hear are excuses. Twice we have heard Craig Levein saying he doesnt know how what to do regarding our form and goal scoring problems. Seemingly, all he needs is more time. Well if any of us admit we are not up to the job to our employers, then they will find a replacement who has the necessary qualities.

The Solution is plain to see, when a plan is not working - dont alienate the paying customers, find someone who can!!

See its your last paragraph that worries me.

Perhaps CL's time has come but what is your barometer of acceptable results and how long do you give the new guy to sort things out?

Are we to turn into one of those clubs that hires and fires on a regular basis ?

One thing is sure any changes to the football department of the club will have to be handled very carefully.

If CL is going I would rather he gave notice so we can prepare properly for next season. I would hope it was an amicable parting.

I don't dislike Craig Levein

and don't wish to be disrespectful I just wish he would put his hand up and admit he's a one diversional coach who's  adverse to change..brutal to watch his style of football 

Edited by jamborich