Disrespect

Bull's-eye

It's a sad indictment the way supporters dish out so much abuse towards something they portray to love and care about. 

Makes for sad reading and must be horrendous for supporters that can't make games for whatever reason.

It's a sign of the times I suppose.

???????

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• It should have been ten

• davemclaren

• The Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

It's a sad indictment the way supporters dish out so much abuse towards something they portray to love and care about. 

Makes for sad reading and must be horrendous for supporters that can't make games for whatever reason.

???????

It is indeed a sign of the times and very sad times they are just now, but do you have any suggestions on how, in your very humble opinion, this can be reversed and get everyone back on the happy train?

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

It is indeed a sign of the times and very sad times they are just now, but do you have any suggestions on how, in your very humble opinion, this can be reversed and get everyone back on the happy train?

Performances to be proud of make people happy. Winning ugly without performing well works too.

Even getting some shots away in games can help.

Agree totally with the OP.

This board is infested with vermin and disrespectful halfwits who are a complete embarassment.  While things aren't going well we really don't need these negative arseholes getting on the backs of the players.

Totally agree, it's the personal abuse that Craig Levein gets from some on here that makes me want to defend him, partly because he can't do it himself and partly because it's unwarranted.

A well thought out and worded post about him and how bad things are just now is very difficult to argue with, I've even jumped ship myself and cans see change coming at the end of the season if not sooner.

It’s the clowns on here (well, one) who claims that Mr Levein is disrespectful to Hearts, that really gets my goat.

Just now, graygo said:

Totally agree, it's the personal abuse that Craig Levein gets from some on here that makes me want to defend him, partly because he can't do it himself and partly because it's unwarranted.

A well thought out and worded post about him and how bad things are just now is very difficult to argue with, I've even jumped ship myself and cans see change coming at the end of the season if not sooner.

You’ve just typed some of what I just have about ten seconds ago!

23 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

???????

:rudi:

3fingersreid

Fully agree , whilst I think it’s time for change the personal abuse of CL is poor , wonder how it would’ve been if there was JKB when either Seith or Ford were managers ?

davemclaren

There was no internet in the 70s but some of the disrespect you heard on the terraces...well!!  ?

Football fans love a winning team/board but if you’re not winning you can expect pelters. Always been the way. 

Bridge of Djoum
28 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

???????

That's what I do with the wife. If we are going through a rough spell, I just yell abuse and criticize her. I stop paying the bills, I don't even turn up at times. Once it all gets better again I slink back as if nothing happened and bask in the glory of the good times. Sometimes I troll her. That is ******* hilarious. It all helps to make us stronger.

Lucky cow.

Bazzas right boot

I agree. 

There is a way to do something and the vitriol spouted on Here at the club is poor. 

There is a discussion to be had about the best way forward, however the abuse, particularly at Ann and CL is more suited towards behaviour shown not only by hibs but rangers and celtic fans. It really is scum behavior. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

That's what I do with the wife. If we are going through a rough spell, I just yell abuse and criticize her. I stop paying the bills, I don't even turn up at times. Once it all gets better again I slink back as if nothing happened and bask in the glory of the good times. Sometimes I troll her. That is ******* hilarious. It all helps to make us stronger.

Lucky cow.

Is there another way? 

Maroon Sailor

After the start to the season and the football we were playing I thought we had turned the corner.

Levein went back to his basics and comfort zone in setting up to being difficult to beat after the simultaneous  injuries to the key players.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to get out of this sterile, turgid dross that has smothered the life out of the season.

He keeps chopping and changing as well which tells me he is not at ease with himself or the players.

A semi final to look forward to, the Gorgie faithful should be buzzing but it's no surprise it feels flat.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There was no internet in the 70s but some of the disrespect you heard on the terraces...well!!  ?

Football fans love a winning team/board but if you’re not winning you can expect pelters. Always been the way. 

Bit like bigotry and punching each other, chucking bananas at players, that sort of thing.

Ach well.

Always been that way.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Is there another way? 

Well, sometimes I tell her that the bird across the street is better looking than her, and that she seems better than a year ago. I think my exact words were...''she's miles better than you''. She loved that and it really spurred her on. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Bit like bigotry and punching each other, chucking bananas at players, that sort of thing.

Ach well.

Always been that way.

Disrespect, generally, isn’t a crime. 

davemclaren
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Well, sometimes I tell her that the bird across the street is better looking than her, and that she seems better than a year ago. I think my exact words were...''she's miles better than you''. She loved that and it really spurred her on. 

Must try that. ?

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

After the start to the season and the football we were playing I thought we had turned the corner.

Levein went back to his basics and comfort zone in setting up to being difficult to beat after the simultaneous  injuries to the key players.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to get out of this sterile, turgid dross that has smothered the life out of the season.

He keeps chopping and changing as well which tells me he is not at ease with himself or the players.

A semi final to look forward to, the Gorgie faithful should be buzzing but it's no surprise it feels flat.

This, completely!

Nookie Bear
35 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

???????

Have to agree ?

My issue with Levein is based on my belief he cannot do more with this job, and I know this is shared by others. Ranting on here is fair game imo and best we moan at each other on the internet than at games. 

To make it personal is a bit classless (a bit celtic-y) imo 

Same goes for Budge as well. 

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Lucky cow.

I’ll give that a try ?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Have to agree ?

My issue with Levein is based on my belief he cannot do more with this job, and I know this is shared by others. Ranting on here is fair game imo and best we moan at each other on the internet than at games. 

To make it personal is a bit classless (a bit celtic-y) imo 

Same goes for Budge as well. 

I'm sorry I called you hen-pecked, earlier. 

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This board is infested with vermin and disrespectful halfwits who are a complete embarassment.  While things aren't going well we really don't need these negative arseholes getting on the backs of the players.

So Hearts fans are vermin and disrespectful halfwits and an embarrassment !

Perhaps it’s you that has the problem because if your employed to manage a 

team to get the best out of the players and you and your staff are failing do 

you expect fans to say nothing out of respect for a man who was a great 

player for our team. Think about the harm that is being done to our club now.

Nookie Bear

I'm sorry I called you hen-pecked, earlier. 

Its okay, she says it’s okay to forgive you :thumb:

Bridge of Djoum

I’ll give that a try ?

Try telling her the supermodel a few doors down has longer legs and more money than her. Tell her she could at least try damage herself in competing with her and that if she doesn't she's a serial loser and damaging your marriage.

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Maybe you should consider the OP’s post in relation to he way you talk about fellow Hearts fans. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Its okay, she says it’s okay to forgive you :thumb:

:rofl:

Nookie Bear

Try telling her the supermodel a few doors down has longer legs and more money than her. Tell her she could at least try damage herself in competing with her and that if she doesn't she's a serial loser and damaging your marriage.

*takes notes*

Bridge of Djoum

*takes notes*

Also, demand everything not long after she almost died due to previous abuse. 

Occasionally, there are well thought out and well written posts like Maroon Sailor's that are hard to argue with. What I can't stand are those on both sides of the debate who just see black and white and repeat themselves in hundreds of posts. They are all trolls and should be emptied to improve the quality of this forum.

11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

See that'll not do at all, absolutely no disrespect in it.

7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Is there another way? 

Not sure. This place used to actually be decent for reasoned discourse. I used to have one person on block for years, believe it or not.

Now its just like the rest of the internet, with a fair share of trolls, aggression, intolerance, hibs interlopers and idiots. Perhaps another sub-forum with the emphasis on reasonable arguments and discussion, though how you moderate it I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Must try that. ?

Strap yourself in first ?

Disrespect is one thing personal abuse is another but a faceless internet account will almost always allow for that sort of abuse as there is no recourse to a point. Its easy to be negative and moan thats indicative of society now.

Maybe on here it could be possible to allow posters to verify themselves if they want to. That would be interesting to see who is willing to leave themselves accountable for their comments. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Flimsy said:

Occasionally, there are well thought out and well written posts like Maroon Sailor's that are hard to argue with. What I can't stand are those on both sides of the debate who just see black and white and repeat themselves in hundreds of posts. They are all trolls and should be emptied to improve the quality of this forum.

Flimsy argument.

We are not buzzing as the next win is hard to see including very much the ICT game . Sometimes you think we can’t get any worse then I go to Hamilton and yip we do . I know there seems to be some support on here for CL but cmon he has had a very decent go at it and failed miserably. It’s not his club it’s ours . I was watching Hearts when the fans wanted Seith out and fans chanted outside the main stand ..... and it worked we. Were floging a dead horse then and it’s very much the same situation. A dinosaur manager ? Looks that way to a lot of us . 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Gizmo said:

Not sure. This place used to actually be decent for reasoned discourse. I used to have one person on block for years, believe it or not.

Now its just like the rest of the internet, with a fair share of trolls, aggression, intolerance, hibs interlopers and idiots. Perhaps another sub-forum with the emphasis on reasonable arguments and discussion, though how you moderate it I don't know. 

I suggested that last year... You can imagine how it was received.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Disrespect is one thing personal abuse is another but a faceless internet account will almost always allow for that sort of abuse as there is no recourse to a point. Its easy to be negative and moan thats indicative of society now.

Maybe on here it could be possible to allow posters to verify themselves if they want to. That would be interesting to see who is willing to leave themselves accountable for their comments. 

I'll quite happily provide my name and links to social media. 

Bank account details only available by email if sent from Lagos. 

Yup, the OP proves that we as a club are soft as shite. Boo hoo let us not hurt the players ickle wickle feelings. **** them, those losers represent our badge and are disgracing it. 

davemclaren
Just now, sadj said:

Some of us already are. To be fair, the net was a ‘safer’ place when I first registered on here using my own name in 1997. Not convinced I would do it now. In saying that I’ve never been harrassed in the real world...yet. ?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Yup, the OP proves that we as a club are soft as shite. Boo hoo let us not hurt the players ickle wickle feelings. **** them, those losers represent our badge and are disgracing it. 

Yep, the only way to be a winner is to be disrespectful.

Not sure how people can't see that.

FTAOD This is sarcasm.

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Yh i had 0 people ok block until very recently. There are posters who whilst set in their views on both sides can convey it in a sensible reasoned way. Others just spout utter abuse aor think with their fingers not their brain when commenting.

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Good idea.

52 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

???????

I suppose it's all to do with respect and in the more global framework, the respect agenda.

Can respect be earned without being given?  Should respect be given if not earned?

I don't think there's any quick fix scenarios, sad to say.

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

FFS A thread calling out disrespect and along you trot with this word salad.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Some of us already are. To be fair, the net was a ‘safer’ place when I first registered on here using my own name in 1997. Not convinced I would do it now. In saying that I’ve never been harrassed in the real world...yet. ?

What was that?

?

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yh i had 0 people ok block until very recently. There are posters who whilst set in their views on both sides can convey it in a sensible reasoned way. Others just spout utter abuse aor think with their fingers not their brain when commenting.

FFS I blocked myself a few days ago.

I'm such an arsehole.

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

FFS A thread calling out disrespect and along you trot with this word salad.

He's not exactly wrong tho is he?