Sunday football

The Internet

Most clubs in Scotland retreat, shut up shop. 10 men behind the ball starting 30 meters or so out. We (clubs in Scotland) do it hoping for that breakaway which Dundee almost got to day. 

Add in as others have said they have far better players than us even on the bench! Then factor in officialdom with the magic minutes. 

Jambo, Goodbye
59 minutes ago, S Form said:

I’m pretty sure that if we, or any other well run club had the same money as Celtic we’d be pretty near the top of the league, if not actually leading.

You seriously believe that? Were you not at Tynecastle for the 2-3 game in 2006? 

But you obviously believe that Celtic don't get any help from refs with regards to extra-time (or dodgy red cards). Which is the only point I'm interested in after today's 96th minute winner.

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

lauriesrank

I shall reiterate, if we have ball in play (with certain paramaters) then there can be 000000000 ambiguity, clock stops as soon as the ball goes out/dead at 90 minutes, the most simplistic ruling that would ever be.

19 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

milwall 2-0 up against brighton with around 10 mins to play. that should be them in the semi final of the fa cup

maybe not

JamboGraham
6 minutes ago, lauriesrank said:

I shall reiterate, if we have ball in play (with certain paramaters) then there can be 000000000 ambiguity, clock stops as soon as the ball goes out/dead at 90 minutes, the most simplistic ruling that would ever be.

You would need to reduce the match time down a fair bit. On average the ball is in play for about 55 minutes in a game of football. Either that or full times would be nearer to 5.30 on a Saturday...

Francis Albert

Watched the second half of the Celtic game in one of our local faux-Irish pubs - Patricks on St Paddy's Day! Despite the frequent claims on here that every team except Celtic play long ball football Dundee were actually passing their way, or at least trying to do so, from the back and on the whole succeeding in more or less matching the multi-millionaires. Despite the myth of the great global appeal of Celtic, with ten minutes to go all 8 or so screens switched to the Liverpool game, without a word of protest from all the Irish or Irish-descended people in the pub. After I guessed the Dundee game would be over I checked the score on the BBC site. (90+6 minutes still 0-0.) I thought oh as usual they have extended the game until Celtic score but it looks like they have missed out. So according the BBC timing they must have granted a bit longer than 6 minutes.

My wife, who hates football and knows virtually nothing about football, said she had never heard of injury time longer than 4 minute. She was wrong of course - if a player is laid stone cold or has to be treated for a serious injury for four or five minutes then it can happen. I don't think that was the case here.

Scottish football ... don'cha love it!

I have a Man Utd supporting mate and he's in turmoil. 

Liverpool challenging for the title and the champions league is providing some outstanding comedy.

Watching the agony of a Man Utd fan cheering on Man City out of sheer desperation :rofl:

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

With var coming in we might as well go full usa and start the clock at 45 and count down the way. Stop it every time the ball goes out of play. 

That would be really good, actually. No room for complaints there. Isn't there something similar in rugby?

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

You would need to reduce the match time down a fair bit. On average the ball is in play for about 55 minutes in a game of football. Either that or full times would be nearer to 5.30 on a Saturday...

I don't think you would stop the clock for free kicks, throw ins or subs, it would only be for unexpected stoppages like injuries or crowd trouble.

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

That would be really good, actually. No room for complaints there. Isn't there something similar in rugby?

Soon as the clock hits 40 and 80 minutes, next time the ball dies, it's game over

Barcelona match on ITV 4 now  v Real Betis away 7.45pm kick off

Oh and PSG v Marseille on BT sport 2 at 8pm

Edited by CJGJ

Fantastic interplay (not for the first time) between Messi and Suarez for Barca's second. City can't be counted out but I'd make Barcelona favourites for the Champions League as things stand.

Some PSG supporters have boycotted tonight's match following their

Champions League defeat:

psg en greve.jpg

Edited by Thaw

What a goal from Suarez..beats 3 players and then the keeper..brilliant

Mikey try and post that goal for JKB

Edited by CJGJ

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

You seriously believe that? Were you not at Tynecastle for the 2-3 game in 2006? 

But you obviously believe that Celtic don't get any help from refs with regards to extra-time (or dodgy red cards). Which is the only point I'm interested in after today's 96th minute winner.

We finished second that season, so the original point stands. 

The Internet

Still waiting on Messi being finished. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

8 minutes ago, Thaw said:

One of the best hat-tricks I've seen, if not the best of all.

3 great goals

You might say he's peaking 

47 minutes ago, Thaw said:

One of the best hat-tricks I've seen, if not the best of all.

Missed Rudi's against St Mirren then?  ;) 

Don't normally bother much with foreign league's, EPL included, but the Betis/Barca game was a great watch. Messi's third, and the Betis supporters reaction, was nice to see. 

Easy to overlook, whilst admiring Barca, but Real Betis looked a good side.

I have no idea if the 6 minutes of injury time was legitimate but if not, this is another referee who warrants close scrutiny in the future.

If they can only manage one goal against Dundee, we may just have a chance if we meet them on 35 MAy.

9 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We finished second that season, so the original point stands. 

What's that got to do with this thread?  Confused...