Sunday football

The Internet

The Internet

Dundee v celtic starting now. Celtic have a guy wearing 10 called Bayo on the bench who I don't think I've heard of. 

Big one is the Milan Derby at half 7.

20 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Dundee v celtic starting now. Celtic have a guy wearing 10 called Bayo on the bench who I don't think I've heard of. 

Big one is the Milan Derby at half 7.

Millwall v Brighton ?

The Internet
Just now, Lovecraft said:

Did I miss why there would be 6 minutes added?

Celtic haven't scored yet. 

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Did I miss why there would be 6 minutes added?

Because Celtic haven't scored.

Beaten to it :D

Edited by Bauld

Maroon Sailor

Dundee have made a sub in the 94th minute so that'll be 2 more minutes added

EDIT - No there won't as Celtic have just scored

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

There is nothing more certain in Scottish football than Celtic scoring a winner deep in to added time.

That celebration has to be inciting the crowd naw? Wee rat will get away with it though no doubt 

Did i miss an injury in the 2nd half? Serious question btw I missed about 10 mins of the 2nd half. 

Unbelievable how corrupt the SFA are.

Jambo, Goodbye

This is why only one team ever wins this league. 

It's also why so many are put off from bothering to go to the games. 

Utterly corrupt,  you would never have seen 6 minutes if Celtic had been winning. Not in a month of Sundays! 

Maroon Sailor

Must check the GFA rule book see if there is anything in it with regards to the referee being able to blow for Full Time on time if Celtic are not winning the match.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Madden is a ****ing cheat.

For Rangers and Celtic?

In Scottish football that's a well balanced individual. 

Surely the boy on the line had to be offside 

132goals1958
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Madden is a ****ing cheat.

Much as I dislike Madden I thought in fairness he was ok, It is the fourth official who determines added time.

3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Much as I dislike Madden I thought in fairness he was ok, It is the fourth official who determines added time.

There should be a clock that is visible to both teams and the supporters so everyone knows what the added time is. It could be used when teams time-waste as a visual reminder they aren't achieving anything.

But no-one, sorry no-one at the SFA, wants even a smidgen of transparency in the game. 

Edited by Gizmo

Maroon Sailor

Fulham v Liverpool

Hammersmith End is packed 

That club does attract the tourists for certain games

manaliveits105

It’s bizarre how if Hearts are winning by a goal there’s oodles of injury time and we are usually the last match to finish but if we are losing by a goal or drawing it’s 2 or 3 minutes

referees and assistants are at it in Scotland 

4 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

No it’s not, but it should be. The sooner football takes timekeeping out of the teferee’s hands the better. Ball in play for 30 minutes each half and that’s it.

Celtic would be ****ed if football matches ended like rugby. 

They really are nothing to be scared of though 'if' we somehow get to the final...and our manager doesn't shite it.

Maroon Sailor

Rugby Park - Added time winner - 

Tynecastle Park - Added time winner - 

Dens Park - Added time winner - 

Might as well stop the season now

132goals1958
5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

There should be a clock that is visible to both teams and the supporters so everyone knows what the added time is. It could be used when teams time-waste as a visual reminder they aren't achieving anything.

But no-one, sorry no-one at the SFA, wants even a smidgen of transparency in the game. 

Totally agree . A straight forward process so what is the problem.

14 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

This is why only one team ever wins this league. 

It's also why so many are put off from bothering to go to the games. 

Utterly corrupt,  you would never have seen 6 minutes if Celtic had been winning. Not in a month of Sundays! 

I think having millions more than their competitors may also have something to do with their league domination.

4 minutes ago, 80bob said:

1988 all over again . Sure they had few late goals that year in there centenary 

Yep, it seemed like every fecking week!

glynnlondon

OF have always benefited from Fergie time it's hardly anything new , couple that with the better class of players they generally have and hey presto.

132goals1958
13 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

No it’s not, but it should be. The sooner football takes timekeeping out of the teferee’s hands the better. Ball in play for 30 minutes each half and that’s it.

I know what you are saying (as the referee has the responsibility) but I thought the fourth official provided the guidance.

Jambo, Goodbye
2 minutes ago, S Form said:

I think having millions more than their competitors may also have something to do with their league domination.

Yet their millions didn't help them get a goal for 95 minutes. 

For all their millions, it's help like today that really pushes them ahead, without it, the rest of the league would be within touching distance of that lot. 

But if you really think that having more money is the only reason they are in 1st place, carry on. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Yet their millions didn't help them get a goal for 95 minutes. 

For all their millions, it's help like today that really pushes them ahead, without it, the rest of the league would be within touching distance of that lot. 

But if you really think that having more money is the only reason they are in 1st place, carry on. 

I’m pretty sure that if we, or any other well run club had the same money as Celtic we’d be pretty near the top of the league, if not actually leading.

4 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I know what you are saying (as the referee has the responsibility) but I thought the fourth official provided the guidance.

He just acts on a signal from the ref and puts up what he’s told to.

Games should just end on 90 minutes. No ****ing about.

Some broke their leg and it took 15 minutes to cart them off? Shit happens, 90 minutes whistle goes.

The Internet
4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Games should just end on 90 minutes. No ****ing about.

Some broke their leg and it took 15 minutes to cart them off? Shit happens, 90 minutes whistle goes.

With var coming in we might as well go full usa and start the clock at 45 and count down the way. Stop it every time the ball goes out of play. 

JamboGraham

In England the 4th official has to keep a log of the incidents that have been marked as contributing to added time. This log is available to both teams after the match...

Can’t find any reference to this practise in Scotland.

JamboGraham
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

With var coming in we might as well go full usa and start the clock at 45 and count down the way. Stop it every time the ball goes out of play. 

There is loads you could do though that are more in the spirit of our current game...the main problem seems to be that the clock is never stopped currently and added time is a rule of thumb (30 seconds per sub, or 30 seconds per goal celebration, etc.) and discretion over time wasting...

For me a simple clock stop when a physio enters the pitch and restart when they step off. 30 seconds allowed per goal/sub. Clock stopped at 30 and restarted when the ball goes back in play. Same for corners, goal kicks, free kicks, etc...a fixed time given for each...

The White Cockade
39 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Rugby Park - Added time winner - 

Tynecastle Park - Added time winner - 

Dens Park - Added time winner - 

Might as well stop the season now

they throw men forward and have a determination to score and win that we don't

The Internet
9 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

+ they have a £9million striker putting them away. 

Maroon Sailor
25 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Lots of clubs do that and have that but none of them seem to do it as often as that lot - they never seem to do it in Europe funny old thing

I'm not talking about this Celtic team - That club seems to have had crucial or winning late goals time and time again in all my time watching football.

Edited by Maroon Sailor