Harry Cochrane

GorgieRules22

Finlay James
4 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

Just watched the 4-0 game again, incredible to see a 17 year old dominate celtic midfield like that. If anyone doubts Cochrane's ability watch that game again he's class. Hope he starts playing again soon.

Totally agree.  He's being nursed back to fitness and being allowed  to develop without the pressure of playing 1st team football every week.

We'll see much more of Harry next season.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Finlay James

• i8hibsh

• johnthomas

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Totally agree.  He's being nursed back to fitness and being allowed  to develop without the pressure of playing 1st team football every week.

If, as I keep reading, he is being nursed back to fitness, why is he allowed to play for the Scotland u19 team? 

It doesn’t add up. 

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If, as I keep reading, he is being nursed back to fitness, why is he allowed to play for the Scotland u19 team? 

It doesn’t add up. 

Theres probably less pressure in playing for Scotland Under 19s than there is playing for our first team.

i was watching him in the reserve cup final last week and you can just tell he’s class. It’s things like the way he lets the ball run across him to make space. It took their players out time and again. Saying that, I thought Irving was the better player on the day.  Hopefully both will start getting game time soon but only when they’re ready.

4 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

Just watched the 4-0 game again, incredible to see a 17 year old dominate celtic midfield like that. If anyone doubts Cochrane's ability watch that game again he's class. Hope he starts playing again soon.

He was 16 ;)

maroonnicky63
On 17/03/2019 at 10:42, i8hibsh said:

He had a couple of stand out games last season but for me that is his story so far. Way too lightweight for the modern game and I just can't see him making it. I hope I am wrong but I am not going to get all misty eyes due to his age, I just don't think he is as good as we seem to think.

How the hell anyone can come out with comments like this on someone so young is astounding. Way to lightweight  etc utter utter rubbish. No one Can say if this young lad has a chance or not. Hearts are handling him really well , to  bring him on slowly is the correct way..support him ffs if you are truly a hearts fan and sometimes I wonder with some of your comments 

1 minute ago, maroonnicky63 said:

How the hell anyone can come out with comments like this on someone so young is astounding. Way to lightweight  etc utter utter rubbish. No one Can say if this young lad has a chance or not. Hearts are handling him really well , to  bring him on slowly is the correct way..support him ffs if you are truly a hearts fan and sometimes I wonder with some of your comments 

Don’t always agree with you, but your absolutely spot on with this ?

2 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I hope you are right but that is just how I see it. Zanatta is not improving his physical game after a good few years now. It is less than gauranteed, infact most players who are built like Zanatta and Cochrane don't, the odds are against him.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I hope you are right but that is just how I see it. Zanatta is not improving his physical game after a good few years now. It is less than gauranteed, infact most players who are built like Zanatta and Cochrane don't, the odds are against him.

You are full of pish, bet you couldn’t point out Zanatta in a line

Francis Albert
41 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Every week? He has hardly touched a ball for the first team all season.

Given some of the dross we have seen from supposedly fit and physically fully developed players I find it hard to understand.

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, alanjambo said:

Theres probably less pressure in playing for Scotland Under 19s than there is playing for our first team.

i was watching him in the reserve cup final last week and you can just tell he’s class. It’s things like the way he lets the ball run across him to make space. It took their players out time and again. Saying that, I thought Irving was the better player on the day.  Hopefully both will start getting game time soon but only when they’re ready.

There is still a physical aspect to playing for the u19s though. 

Between Cochrane and Edwards, it’s a strange situation. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

You are full of pish, bet you couldn’t point out Zanatta in a line

Sigh

For the remainder of the league campaign (which as per usual under Levein we have nothing to play for) I would give the young lad some experience.

On 17/03/2019 at 10:22, To Be Frank said:

He’s had a niggling injury. Central midfield isn’t the problem and Djoum and Haring have been two of our best players this season. 

Djoum???? Sums out season  up if djoum one of best players.

2 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Djoum???? Sums out season  up if djoum one of best players.

He is as much use for steady flow as a road block.

We_are_the_Hearts

Another young player on the verge of being ruined. Also why McDonald is on loan when he is twice the player Morrison is defies belief.

Finlay James
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

For the remainder of the league campaign (which as per usual under Levein we have nothing to play for) I would give the young lad some experience.

?? Name the last manager, Pre-Levein coming to the club, who had us relevant in the league with 5 games to go?

On 18/03/2019 at 21:09, Drumjambo said:

Im sure 2 European Cup winners in Paul Lambert and Darren Fletcher would agree !!

A 0.00000016 success rate then over 25 years 

For every Lambert and fletcher you have another 4 million off them, who actually drop out the game completely and never play full time football 

A nonsensical argument 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Zanatta has bulked up a bit.

DGX_4239(1).JPG

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

?? Name the last manager, Pre-Levein coming to the club, who had us relevant in the league with 5 games to go?

Ah, so we are judging our current manager on failures of the past.

What have we become. "Aye, a ken you did shite but it is cool as we always do".

the general
2 hours ago, alanjambo said:

He was really poor on Monday. He seemed frustrated at both himself and his teammates 

Was lucky not to get send off

Think he needs an arm around him from Craig 

2 hours ago, alanjambo said:

I've noticed that too. The annoying thing is how simple it looks, yet few players can create space amidst the hustle and bustle of Scottish football. One of my favourite football memories was watching Kenny Dalglish do this against Wales at Hampden - a moment that will live for ever from an otherwise forgettable game (a Donachie 18-yarder own-goal when under no pressure was also quite memorable, to be fair). 

tokyowalnut
1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Another young player on the verge of being ruined. Also why McDonald is on loan when he is twice the player Morrison is defies belief.

Who else has been 'ruined'? 

Finlay James
45 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ah, so we are judging our current manager on failures of the past.

What have we become. "Aye, a ken you did shite but it is cool as we always do".

Could be much worse, we could be watching Hibs in the semi final this weekend.

oh wait ???

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Heard the same stuff about Billy King .

McDonald looks a good player and ICT will help bring him on . Don't think he's ready yet

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

McDonald looks a good player and ICT will help bring him on . Don't think he's ready yet

Have we improved from Billy King and Kevin McHattie? I would say Morrison, Mulraney, Burns and Garrucio are no better. Would have been better developing them. Holt is another one? Is Lee that much better?

He had a couple of stand out games last season but for me that is his story so far. Way too lightweight for the modern game and I just can't see him making it. I hope I am wrong but I am not going to get all misty eyes due to his age, I just don't think he is as good as we seem to think.

There is one particular person on here that has a negative attitude to everything whether it be CL or Harry COchrane or AB in fact. It beggars the question as to why he supports hearts at all. 

Edited by NEWSTAND

53 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Is he playing regularly for them? Not sure he is. Are they not mainly playing him as a sub?

Not sure that he will gain a lot if that is true. He was on the bench for us last season quite a lot I think.

3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

? 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Jim Jefferies? 

23 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Is he playing regularly for them? Not sure he is. Are they not mainly playing him as a sub?

Not sure that he will gain a lot if that is true. He was on the bench for us last season quite a lot I think.

Been out injured for 6 weeks, prior to that was starting every game. I think thesd 2 lads have had a whole year of their development wasted.

All this crap about physical stature, not ready makes me cringe. It isnt cage fighting ffs, its football and these 2 plus some others are more than ready. Is Harry developing playing reservecteam football,  not a chance. Goes from training 1st team to playing with u18s and people expect level of performance, look at what is around him. 

McDonald going out on loan was crucial for his development and he is playing mans football every week, with a potential promotion at tge end of thexseason, he will get more from that than Harry will playing reserves.

Personally think both the boys would leave in Summer as style of football doesnt fit. McDonald not a winger, he is an attacking midfielder and Harry not 6ft plus so doesnt fit the mould. They need to play and there will be options for them in the Summer.

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Been out injured for 6 weeks, prior to that was starting every game. I think thesd 2 lads have had a whole year of their development wasted.

All this crap about physical stature, not ready makes me cringe. It isnt cage fighting ffs, its football and these 2 plus some others are more than ready. Is Harry developing playing reservecteam football,  not a chance. Goes from training 1st team to playing with u18s and people expect level of performance, look at what is around him. 

McDonald going out on loan was crucial for his development and he is playing mans football every week, with a potential promotion at tge end of thexseason, he will get more from that than Harry will playing reserves.

Personally think both the boys would leave in Summer as style of football doesnt fit. McDonald not a winger, he is an attacking midfielder and Harry not 6ft plus so doesnt fit the mould. They need to play and there will be options for them in the Summer.

When Scot Brown's involved it's cage fighting, or have you forgotten the tackle that broke Harry's collar bone?

Governor Tarkin
On 12/04/2019 at 07:09, i8hibsh said:

Sigh

On 12/04/2019 at 07:10, kila said:

No, he is to the left of Sigh

? :D

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

When Scot Brown's involved it's cage fighting, or have you forgotten the tackle that broke Harry's collar bone?

Look at it again, nothing in it, it was the aay he landed. Look at Harrys tackle on Souttar, again not cage fighting, part of the game and irrespective how much muscle he had that wouldn't have stopped the broken bone.

3 hours ago, Naisysback said:

How do they get away if they're under contract..?

colinmaroon
36 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Look at it again, nothing in it, it was the aay he landed. Look at Harrys tackle on Souttar, again not cage fighting, part of the game and irrespective how much muscle he had that wouldn't have stopped the broken bone.

Croffles!

On 12/04/2019 at 11:41, NEWSTAND said:

There is one particular person on here that has a negative attitude to everything whether it be CL or Harry COchrane or AB in fact. It beggars the question as to why he supports hearts at all. 

That’s the problem, he doesn’t support Hearts yet pesters the life out of a Hearts fans forum. Sad how some get their  kicks these days. 

maroonnicky63
On 12/04/2019 at 10:11, tokyowalnut said:

Who else has been 'ruined'? 

Will look forward to his response because I don’t get it either, some have moved on and still playing at a  decent level and better , so ??

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s the problem, he doesn’t support Hearts yet pesters the life out of a Hearts fans forum. Sad how some get their  kicks these days. 

Spot on, a very sad individual that should be be ignored. 

On 12/04/2019 at 02:40, Nookie Bear said:

It doesn’t add up. 

Probably to do with the less physical nature of games, playing at his own age group. My 17yo son has playing high level boys club footy for years but played less this season at U20s due to growth pains in his knees and legs that stops him training and playing every week due to the pain and recovery needed. Physically he’d struggle to play adult football week in week out so I’d imagine Harry is the same, as his body is still growing and strengthening. 

The Final is the priority now - time to give Cochrane and Irving some game time in the league.

2 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

How do they get away if they're under contract..?

Money talks doesnt it. That squad today had zero players who came through the academy, cant see how that changes as CL will bring more players in during the summer.  I am not saying the boys want to leave but they will want to play and if Hearts stick to this long ball, 6ft+ player then these boys have to look somewhere else and thst would be shit as they are more than good enough.

Do they put them on loan and then hext summer they are in final year of contract so club cant really demand decent money for them, cant see them signing new contracts as things stand.

Mcdonald playing every week, thats what the boys need, play against men in games that matter. Fans crying out for Harry all season but be fair to the lad, he hasnt kicked a ball so will be miles off it. Think back to Clare at beginning of season and how he is now, Mulraney the same...games and manager sticking with you allows you to flourish.

• 2 weeks later...

People do realise that Cochrane has been struggling with niggly injuries for most of the seaso, yeah? He's been getting reserve games to build up his fitness but was struggling to even complete 1 of them and as such his form has not improved. Throwing him in to competitive 1st team football on the back of all of that would have done him, the team, nor the fans any good.

Vincent B.A

They should be building the team around Harry C next season. He's technically brilliant and will only get better.

• 1 month later...