Harry Cochrane

GorgieRules22

We are just too timid/reluctant to use our talent. Jamie Shackleton(19yrs) and  Jack Clarke(18yrs) have made 21 and 17 appearances for Leeds Utd this football year and Hudson-Odoi(18yrs) and Ryan Sessegnan(18yrs) have played 17 and 30 games for Chelsea and Fulham. There are plenty of other examples. If Marcelo Bielsa had Cochrane in his squad I bet that he would be given a proper chance.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Finlay James

• i8hibsh

• johnthomas

On 17/03/2019 at 19:02, Robbo-Jambo said:

Ask our wonderful manager why he is not playing. Cheeky to the maestro and on the naughty step apparently.

Well it is Levein’s way or the highway.

Finlay James
6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Well it is Levein’s way or the highway.

Really?  Tell us more.  How could you possibly know this is the case?

Im not having a go at you but I get a bit tired if these lazy assumptions that Levein is some sort of dictator without a shred of evidence.  

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

Im sure 2 European Cup winners in Paul Lambert and Darren Fletcher would agree !!

If you can only come up with two in 25 years you've just agreed with him. 

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Im not having a go at you but I get a bit tired if these lazy assumptions that Levein is some sort of dictator without a shred of evidence.  

Did you see Si Ferry interview Paul Hartley. Pretty much bullied him into a better player. Same as he is tring with Vanacek. He is a hard task master and you get the feeling if you dont perform his way its curtains.

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

My opinion is based on conversations with the likes of JJ and Gary Naismith + meeting CL on numerous occasions.

But you believe what you want Finlay.

spirt of 98
15 hours ago, Four faces said:

Came on as a second half sub mate.Think you mean the Partick game.

aye your right 

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My opinion is based on conversations with the likes of JJ and Gary Naismith + meeting CL on numerous occasions.

So JJ told you Cochrane had been cheeky to CL ?

Fascinating

Finlay James
19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Im glad he has such high standards, it's why the club has recovered so quickly from admin and is moving forward so positively.

Before Ann Budge took over, Our club lacked leadership for years but now, thankfully, we have it.

Finlay James
39 minutes ago, Deek said:

Did you see Si Ferry interview Paul Hartley. Pretty much bullied him into a better player. Same as he is tring with Vanacek. He is a hard task master and you get the feeling if you dont perform his way its curtains.

I got the impression from the interview that Hartley has a huge amount of respect for Levein and credits him with making him the player he became.  He won't be the only manager who has given a player both barrels, watch any documentary on Man Utd or Man City and this will be clear.

9 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I got the impression from the interview that Hartley has a huge amount of respect for Levein and credits him with making him the player he became.  He won't be the only manager who has given a player both barrels, watch any documentary on Man Utd or Man City and this will be clear.

That type of man management went out with dinosaurs. Do you really believe that to get the best out of someone is to publically humiliate him in the press then yank him off at half time with a lame excuse. 

It is too early to judge, he is a promising youngster, we have seen plenty over the years the reality is the vast majority do not make it. There are no guarantees. It is great to see young players included in first team squads, but it should be as a reward for hard work and application and shared among academy players accordingly, although some see Harry Cochrane as a special case. There is probably good reason he and others have had less game time, it is difficult to use them from the bench, as ideally we would be in a comfortable position in the game and we rarely are, do we really want youngsters thrown in when the team is struggling, it solves nothing. The bigger mystery to me is why Edwards does not get a chance.

19 hours ago, 80bob said:

I am told the club have him on special fitness and dietary programs to build him up.

there are some clubs south of the border with an eye on him .

if the club support and nurture his development he will stay loyal to the club

only passing on what I was told a few months back

Nice to get an informed and sensible reply to a posting, thanks.

8 hours ago, johnthomas said:

So JJ told you Cochrane had been cheeky to CL ?

Fascinating

I was responding to the poster asking for some evidence CL was dictatorial not evidence that Cochrane had been “cheeky”

Keep up!

8 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Im glad he has such high standards, it's why the club has recovered so quickly from admin and is moving forward so positively.

Before Ann Budge took over, Our club lacked leadership for years but now, thankfully, we have it.

“High standards”?????

And where exactly is Levein leading us??

7 hours ago, Prof said:

That type of man management went out with dinosaurs. Do you really believe that to get the best out of someone is to publically humiliate him in the press then yank him off at half time with a lame excuse. 

Exactly!!!

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I was responding to the poster asking for some evidence CL was dictatorial not evidence that Cochrane had been “cheeky”

Keep up!

I was 'keeping up' .

We were being told Cochrane wasn't getting a game because he had been cheeky to CL .

Your post appeared to be an attempt to provide further evidence of that .

Finlay James
3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“High standards”?????

And where exactly is Levein leading us??

Get a grip, you're desperate to find nothing but fault.  Levein hasn't covered himself in glory with performances recently, that we can agree on.

However, if you have no idea about the progress the club is making in several areas directly managed by him, then you're either deliberately ignoring the positives or being blind.

Finlay James
11 hours ago, Prof said:

Dont be so naive.  Individual players need different types of motivation and man management and Levein is experienced enough to know this.  What works for Harry Cochrane will possibly not work for Vanecek (as an example).

I spoke with Steven McLean recently and he tells me the players love Levein.

alwaysthereinspirit
11 hours ago, Prof said:

Well we know now that publicly ridiculing (questionable) didn't make a blind bit of difference. So now lets see if embarrassing him makes him give a toss. Jogging into position doesn't count as really trying. Next is a hair dryer to the noggin.

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

I was 'keeping up' .

We were being told Cochrane wasn't getting a game because he had been cheeky to CL .

Your post appeared to be an attempt to provide further evidence of that .

My post stated it is Levein’s way or the highway. Anybody who has had dealings with him would gain that impression.

some on here acknowledge that and judge it to be one of his strengths.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My post stated it is Levein’s way or the highway. Anybody who has had dealings with him would gain that impression.

some on here acknowledge that and judge it to be one of his strengths.

Ffs ! You actually don't know if Cochrane was cheeky to CL do you ?

So your comment , without knowing that , is drivel

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Get a grip, you're desperate to find nothing but fault.  Levein hasn't covered himself in glory with performances recently, that we can agree on.

However, if you have no idea about the progress the club is making in several areas directly managed by him, then you're either deliberately ignoring the positives or being blind.

Fine I’ll acknowledge that many have said Levein has whipped the Academy into shape. Last season he played more than a few promising Academy graduates for which he was praised - this season these young guys are not getting a look in which is a pity.

The results and performances since he took over as Manager have been dreadful apart from around half a dozen games.

3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Ffs ! You actually don't know if Cochrane was cheeky to CL do you ?

So your comment , without knowing that , is drivel

Did I say he was cheeky to Levein????

What I am saying if Cochrane was then Levein’s personality would take no prisoners!!!

Just my opinion but watching him at reserve games this season tells a lot.  He has picked up several injuries. Each time he returns he clearly tries like a bear to impress which just aggravates or causes injury. He also has some anger management issues that he needs to deal with. Maybe just a case of growing up but he gets involved with opposition most games and has picked up a lot of unnecessary yellows. 

Still looks a good prospect but needs to put on a stone and bulk up without losing anything. 

13 hours ago, Skacelsid said:

It is too early to judge, he is a promising youngster, we have seen plenty over the years the reality is the vast majority do not make it. There are no guarantees. It is great to see young players included in first team squads, but it should be as a reward for hard work and application and shared among academy players accordingly, although some see Harry Cochrane as a special case. There is probably good reason he and others have had less game time, it is difficult to use them from the bench, as ideally we would be in a comfortable position in the game and we rarely are, do we really want youngsters thrown in when the team is struggling, it solves nothing. The bigger mystery to me is why Edwards does not get a chance.

Just go and watch him in next reserve match. Dreadful. 

portobellojambo1
14 hours ago, Deek said:

Harry Cochrane isn't missing from the side because he has been told his time is up. At Riccarton a lot of Sports Science takes place. Harry is still fine for his own age group in which he plays, but my understanding is that despite being older than when he last played in the first team his body mass doesn't reflect his present situation. When Harry is ready to come back into the 1st team he will, the club see him as being a big part of the club in the future. In a roundabout way it is possibly actually a good thing for Harry. The midfield isn't functioning as well as we would like, and I say we as the fans. After most games the match feedback from fans does tend to indicate there is little to no delivery through midfield for those playing further forward. If Harry is thrown in, while it is still felt he needs to build up some more body mass and he then fails to make the changes some may expect from him it could put his career backwards.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What I am saying if Cochrane was then Levein’s personality would take no prisoners!!!

Ah ! IF he was , that explains it then 

10 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Ah ! IF he was , that explains it then 

So happy for you that the penny finally dropped. ?

On 17/03/2019 at 10:42, i8hibsh said:

He had a couple of stand out games last season but for me that is his story so far. Way too lightweight for the modern game and I just can't see him making it. I hope I am wrong but I am not going to get all misty eyes due to his age, I just don't think he is as good as we seem to think.

See when you say stand out does that not mean a player...ffs have a word he is young and will develop physically

On 17/03/2019 at 10:42, i8hibsh said:

He had a couple of stand out games last season but for me that is his story so far. Way too lightweight for the modern game and I just can't see him making it. I hope I am wrong but I am not going to get all misty eyes due to his age, I just don't think he is as good as we seem to 

Edited by jamborich

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So happy for you that the penny finally dropped. ?

It sounds like you are making up hypothetical situations to suit your point of view. Yes we have been shite. Everyone acknowledges that so no need to make shite up.

Does anyone actually think putting pressure on the likes of cochrane will help his developement or his confidence? Maybe let the young lad have time and as fans be patient and im sure he will reward us when he is ready for first team football. A glimpse of what he can do was shown last season. Lets not just think hes the next messi and force him through when hes physically not ready

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It sounds like you are making up hypothetical situations to suit your point of view. Yes we have been shite. Everyone acknowledges that so no need to make shite up.

Check my actual comments - Im not the one who said Cochrane had been cheeky to CL and had been given the cold shoulder.

what I said was with Levein’s personality that wouldn’t surprise me.

Having watched him in games and on the touch line at reserve games I think Harry is cheeky to most folk. That’s his personality. It’s also probably why he gets involved with the opposition so much. Continually ‘being cheeky’ or ‘winding them up’. Take your pick. 

alwaysthereinspirit
13 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What if he wasn't a cheeky wee Oor Wullie. Then where does this story go?

Levein may be a lot of things but no "game changer" is getting dropped for being cheeky. He's obviously not ready right now to make a difference.

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Check my actual comments - Im not the one who said Cochrane had been cheeky to CL and had been given the cold shoulder.

what I said was with Levein’s personality that wouldn’t surprise me.

You didn't actually .

53 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You didn't actually .

No you’re right, I didn’t say these exact words - thankfully some on here know exactly what I was alluding to

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No you’re right, I didn’t say these exact words - thankfully some on here know exactly what I was alluding to

Indeed they did , myself and a few others 

3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

What if he wasn't a cheeky wee Oor Wullie. Then where does this story go?

Levein may be a lot of things but no "game changer" is getting dropped for being cheeky. He's obviously not ready right now to make a difference.

Last season Levein said Cochrane was the best midfielder at Tynecastle. He was also desperate to get him back when he was injured by Scott Brown. This season he has not had a look in.

Now I realise CL has signed Haring but is the likes of Lee really an improvement on the Cochrane we saw playing last season?

2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Indeed they did , myself and a few others 

Glad to hear it.

Footballfirst

Harry was an unused substitute today in the opening game of Scotland's 3-1 win over Turkey in their U19 UEFA Elite Group qualifying.

While he has been elevated to play a year ahead of his own age group in the Scotland setup, he is perhaps not performing at a level that Levein saw him do last season, that would make him a first choice selection.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Last season Levein said Cochrane was the best midfielder at Tynecastle. He was also desperate to get him back when he was injured by Scott Brown. This season he has not had a look in.

Now I realise CL has signed Haring but is the likes of Lee really an improvement on the Cochrane we saw playing last season?

Cochrane may well have been our best midfielder last season. He's obviously not this year.

I don't know because I've never seen him play but people on here are saying he's not even good for the reserves. If true then he's not a stand out. I'm not saying it is true but it would make him not playing first team football more understandable. I'm going to go along with Levein on this one.

On 19/03/2019 at 08:29, Prof said:

What a load of old cobblers.

Any decent manager in football or elsewhere will know that all people are different and will respond positively/negatively in different ways. Some need a kiss and a cuddle while others react well to a good boot up the backside.   That is not to say a manager always get it right.

fabienleclerq
On 19/03/2019 at 08:41, Skacelsid said:

Edwards is no mystery, he just isn't a good player. He was so poor pre season and apparently doesn't stand out in the reserves. Sent back by St Mirren obviously not good enough for them.

Gibson_HMFC

There's been a few Youth players over the years that have got game time for the first team and looked good, only to never be seen again. 

It get's on my goat. 

The most recent ones are obviously Cochrane and McDonald ( i actually thought McDonald looked better than Cochrane) 

They could be thriving in our midfield right now. But no. 

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Cochrane may well have been our best midfielder last season. He's obviously not this year.

I don't know because I've never seen him play but people on here are saying he's not even good for the reserves. If true then he's not a stand out. I'm not saying it is true but it would make him not playing first team football more understandable. I'm going to go along with Levein on this one.

Sad that in less than a year he seems to have gone from a first team starter to languishing in the reserves 

55 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

There's been a few Youth players over the years that have got game time for the first team and looked good, only to never be seen again. 

It get's on my goat. 

The most recent ones are obviously Cochrane and McDonald ( i actually thought McDonald looked better than Cochrane) 

They could be thriving in our midfield right now. But no. 

They’re abviously cheeky scamps.....?

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched the 4-0 game again, incredible to see a 17 year old dominate celtic midfield like that. If anyone doubts Cochrane's ability watch that game again he's class. Hope he starts playing again soon.