Harry Cochrane

GorgieRules22

GorgieRules22

He was a real shining light in a fairly poor season last season and showed real quality in an attacking sense so why are we not using him just now ? I’ll give Djoum pass marks but there’s nobody else in that midfield that should be keeping the young guy out the team. We’re in dire need of a bit spark in the middle of the park and this wee guy can give us that. I’d love to see Haring sitting behind Djoum and Cochrane against Aberdeen next time out. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Finlay James

• i8hibsh

• johnthomas

Alex Kintner

He’s had a niggling injury. Central midfield isn’t the problem and Djoum and Haring have been two of our best players this season. 

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

He’s had a niggling injury. Central midfield isn’t the problem and Djoum and Haring have been two of our best players this season. 

Haring has been unreal since he's came in and Djoum has been decent on the whole. I think its the attacking side of our midfield that has been lacklustre. We're not creating enough chances so we're not scoring enough goals. 

I feel like we're shoehorning Clare in when there are players better placed to provide more effective play in certain games.

I'd be tempted to give Edwards a chance to save his career here. We can't get much worse. 

Our youth appearances in the first team has been dire this season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

It hasn't been delivering for weeks on end now. Our problems are multiple. All over the pitch 

13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

He's fit now and the centre of the whole team is poor right now .

He played well in reserves against partick the other week  always comfy receiving the ball and playing simple passes moving it on quickly to a team mate . Something we severely lack in the first team just now

He had a couple of stand out games last season but for me that is his story so far. Way too lightweight for the modern game and I just can't see him making it. I hope I am wrong but I am not going to get all misty eyes due to his age, I just don't think he is as good as we seem to think.

Hes been pot the last few games I’ve watched him play for the reserves. Best past it now. His best years are behind him. 

2 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Called up to the Scotland u19s this wk.

Means little. Not too many success stories past 25 years from Scotland youth teams.

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Hes been pot the last few games I’ve watched him play for the reserves. Best past it now. His best years are behind him. 

Cochranes best years are behind him ? You serious ?

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

To be fair to Cochrane, he was tired from both shagging his bird and travelling all the way over to North Carolina for reserve games.

Thought Police

I think he’s grown quite a bit which can lead to problems at his age. Just being careful with him I believe.

2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Cochranes best years are behind him ? You serious ?

Obviously not haha

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

To be fair to Cochrane, he was tired from both shagging his bird and travelling all the way over to North Carolina for reserve games.

Moved back to Scotland a couple months ago Pedro x

Sexton Hardcastle

Makes sense trying to protect him rather than let the usual clueless fans hype him up as something he evidently is not and then abuse and write him off.

As per Driver, Elliott, etc 

Bunny Munro

As others have said, centre midfield is not the problem.

Anthony MacDonald on the other hand, should have been in the squad and not out on loan.

Phil Dunphy

Realistically, how many poor games would Cochrane have to have in this side for people to turn on him?

My guess would be 2.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, OTT said:

Haring has been unreal since he's came in and Djoum has been decent on the whole. I think its the attacking side of our midfield that has been lacklustre. We're not creating enough chances so we're not scoring enough goals. 

I feel like we're shoehorning Clare in when there are players better placed to provide more effective play in certain games.

I'd be tempted to give Edwards a chance to save his career here. We can't get much worse. 

Our youth appearances in the first team has been dire this season.

Last season best in the world perhaps for academy players, 21 I think.

Worst in the league this season I think. 

It shows how bad a signing Edwards was that he hasn’t been given a chance.

Harry should be given a few games soon.

47 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

As others have said, centre midfield is not the problem.

Anthony MacDonald on the other hand, should have been in the squad and not out on loan.

Not featuring for ICT however . 

1 hour ago, Gnjambo16 said:

Not featuring for ICT however . 

Back at Hearts as he has an injury, been out for 3 weeks, prior to that playing every game for ICT. 

Robbo-Jambo

Ask our wonderful manager why he is not playing. Cheeky to the maestro and on the naughty step apparently.

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Ask our wonderful manager why he is not playing. Cheeky to the maestro and on the naughty step apparently.

Any concrete proof of this?

Clare has been shoehorned in no matter what his form is, and he doesn't actually appear to have a position. Harry was praised last season for always looking to go forward. Something we are badly lacking.

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Heard a few folk mention he's upset levein .

What's he meant to have done if true ?

Finlay James
48 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

Any concrete proof of this?

Of course not but it helps a few agendas to assume that it's Leveins fault.

He’s 17, the management are just looking after him. He was forced to play last season because of all the shite we had. His time will come again.

7 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Realistically, how many poor games would Cochrane have to have in this side for people to turn on him?

My guess would be 2

As many as that Phil?

You're being kind.

30 minutes of ‘he’s no Zidane’ would send some folk over the edge.

pettigrewsstylist

Should have been starting recently after the creative sum of zilch being demonstrated reguarly.

Is much better then Lee but think unfortunately he's struggled with niggling injuries this year, not helped by being called up to a Scotland youth squad every other week

I worry that Cochrane will go the way of most of the rest of our younger players have went these last few seasons, and that's down the Leagues. We keep hearing about this brilliant youth set-up but we rarely give them the chance to go out and play and let's face it, not many apart from probably Paterson have gone on to progress. Walker's sitting on his backside god knows where, Nicholson can't be making too much of an impact as we thought he might've been on the verge of International football long before now. As for Billy King, Kevin McHattie, Jordan McGhee, Brad Mackay and plenty others, we rarely hear about them. For me, McDonald was/is a better option than Morrison on the wing. He was tricky, had good close control while Morrison can't get past a fullback to get a cross in. Zanatta is back here yet again (how long has he been here now?) and still not making any impact and there's so many more. Other clubs (Motherwell for example) seem to be able to get their players progressing in the first team while we struggle.

The whole coaching set-up needs thrown out and a new team with fresh ideas brought in to change the way things are. If Levein and his merry band of men are still in charge this time next season then fighting relegation is not without possibility. Even if he's allowed to bring in more players in the transfer window they'll soon regress into the same situation we have now and last season as well. Bring in 10 more, it won't change because the players either can't or won't follow Levein and his teams' turgid and restrictive style of coaching or the scouting is so far off the mark it's untrue. Something has to give or season ticket sales will plummet.

32 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I worry that Cochrane will go the way of most of the rest of our younger players have went these last few seasons, and that's down the Leagues. We keep hearing about this brilliant youth set-up but we rarely give them the chance to go out and play and let's face it, not many apart from probably Paterson have gone on to progress. Walker's sitting on his backside god knows where, Nicholson can't be making too much of an impact as we thought he might've been on the verge of International football long before now. As for Billy King, Kevin McHattie, Jordan McGhee, Brad Mackay and plenty others, we rarely hear about them. For me, McDonald was/is a better option than Morrison on the wing. He was tricky, had good close control while Morrison can't get past a fullback to get a cross in. Zanatta is back here yet again (how long has he been here now?) and still not making any impact and there's so many more. Other clubs (Motherwell for example) seem to be able to get their players progressing in the first team while we struggle.

The whole coaching set-up needs thrown out and a new team with fresh ideas brought in to change the way things are. If Levein and his merry band of men are still in charge this time next season then fighting relegation is not without possibility. Even if he's allowed to bring in more players in the transfer window they'll soon regress into the same situation we have now and last season as well. Bring in 10 more, it won't change because the players either can't or won't follow Levein and his teams' turgid and restrictive style of coaching or the scouting is so far off the mark it's untrue. Something has to give or season ticket sales will plummet.

Hard to argue.  We all thought McDonald and Cochrane would kick on this season and that was an exciting prospect.

They haven't.

spirt of 98
5 hours ago, jambonian said:

We don’t do youth in the first team, Levein would rather spunk a hundred grand on a Dundee youth who’s pish. 

letsalldothebeattie

Deserves a chance over the remaining games of the season hopefully Levein gives him the chance in they games

6 hours ago, jambonian said:

Morrison can get past a fullback.It's his end product that is found wanting .

1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

We don’t do youth in the first team, Levein would rather spunk a hundred grand on a Dundee youth who’s pish. 

Wighton came on against Hamilton and immediately looked like a player who had a bit of nous about him.Head up and looking and finding options.Night and day to Mulraney.Sometimes a defeat can effect fans' vision of a game.

I think Harry is slowly being muscled up so he can cope with the battering he gets in the SPL, especially from the Celtic Neanderthal. 

Is there a chance that they are maybe going easy on Cochrane this year as it is an important time for him at school for exams? Just a thought.

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hard to argue.  We all thought McDonald and Cochrane would kick on this season and that was an exciting prospect.

They haven't.

They haven't been given the opportunity.Harry hampered by injury but MacDonald just not given a chance

He has had half a dozen “match impact” injuries this season (from Levein). He is not physically strong enough for top level football yet. Whether we can get him there is debatable but in these stats, is the risk not too great a risk to play a player who has an even monies chance of having to come off through injury. 

Not sure why we put him in the bench and not even give him a bit of a shot later on in a game? 

3 hours ago, Shug73 said:

Is there a chance that they are maybe going easy on Cochrane this year as it is an important time for him at school for exams? Just a thought.

Hes not at school.Hes full time at Hearts & currently away with the Scotland u19s

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Sid said:

He has had half a dozen “match impact” injuries this season (from Levein). He is not physically strong enough for top level football yet. Whether we can get him there is debatable but in these stats, is the risk not too great a risk to play a player who has an even monies chance of having to come off through injury. 

Not sure why we put him in the bench and not even give him a bit of a shot later on in a game? 

Cochrane being strong enough shouldn't come into it. Alot of teams would love him with his passing range. I've seen Cochrane playing far too deep and needing to beat 2 men to even get into space, look at Forrest at Celtic, or Scott Allan, they're not good defensively either. But they are allowed to spend the game in the final third

That's my opinion and I seriously hope he doesn't leave as he'd get a move that would suprise everyone

Edited by rudi must stay

15 hours ago, jambocub said:

Heard a few folk mention he's upset levein .

What's he meant to have done if true ?

I would doubt that

2 hours ago, Sid said:

We are almost never in a comfortable enough position to do so.

spirt of 98
6 hours ago, Four faces said:

Wighton came on against Hamilton and immediately looked like a player who had a bit of nous about him.Head up and looking and finding options.Night and day to Mulraney.Sometimes a defeat can effect fans' vision of a game.

Funny as I thought he only really started to play in the last ten minutes of that game. He was gash for 80 minutes. 

1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

Funny as I thought he only really started to play in the last ten minutes of that game. He was gash for 80 minutes. 

Came on as a second half sub mate.Think you mean the Partick game.

10 hours ago, alanbauld said:

I think Harry is slowly being muscled up so he can cope with the battering he gets in the SPL, especially from the Celtic Neanderthal. 

I am told the club have him on special fitness and dietary programs to build him up.

there are some clubs south of the border with an eye on him .

if the club support and nurture his development he will stay loyal to the club

only passing on what I was told a few months back

Bazzas right boot
On 17/03/2019 at 10:42, i8hibsh said:

He had a couple of stand out games last season but for me that is his story so far. Way too lightweight for the modern game and I just can't see him making it. I hope I am wrong but I am not going to get all misty eyes due to his age, I just don't think he is as good as we seem to think.

We agree on something. 

In part, anyway. 

He's a decent young player. Potential-yes. 

No way he's the answer this season tho. 

He'd just get knackered and Likley his confidence shot to bits. 

He is also very lightweight as you say and looked very slow at times. Too slow. 

1 hour ago, 80bob said:

I am told the club have him on special fitness and dietary programs to build him up.

there are some clubs south of the border with an eye on him .

if the club support and nurture his development he will stay loyal to the club

only passing on what I was told a few months back

This wouldn't surprise me. His quality is clear as day but the lack of physicality is massive. Because of his age though its completely expected I suppose? 

The quicker he's in the first team the better, but we don't want to ruin a youngster by exposing them to a game they're not ready for (physically speaking).

18 hours ago, jambonian said:

Agreed.

Promising young players rarely make the grade and the success rate of new signings is abysmal. Not a good combinatIon.

On 17/03/2019 at 11:13, i8hibsh said:

Means little. Not too many success stories past 25 years from Scotland youth teams.

Im sure 2 European Cup winners in Paul Lambert and Darren Fletcher would agree !!