Happy birthday

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle

Happy birthday to ex @JamTarts player & manager Alex MacDonald who turns 71 today

Comment below with your favourite moments from his time as manager

3B54A9C7-48C0-4E4A-8D83-781C5F776EFA.jpeg

Howdy Doody Jambo

Keegan and MacDonald doing a 5-1

That would be good on a t-shirt ? 

Edited by Old Castle Rock

An all time legend.  They only game I missed that season was the 3-0 versus Dundee United. Which by all accounts was the best game that season.

Happy Birthday. 

The best Hearts manager who didn't win silverware. Embraced the club from day one and dragged it out of the doldrums. We'll never know where, or even if, Heart of Midlothian would be if he and Wallace hadn't come along and it's probably just as well.

Someone on another thread has suggested that Doddie's early days were a disaster but I think he's tripping. A rocky first 9/10 months (no promotion/Forfar), yes, but we were a shambles on and off the pitch in 1981/82. However, it was obvious from the very start of '82/83, Alex's first full season, that things were changing. A terrific run to the League Cup semi which was followed by a steady, successful league campaign.

I really can't emphasize enough to younger fans the long lasting impact that wee fella had on our club.

Happy birthday, Doddie.

Edited by martoon

Was a manager who took “has beens” and “bairns” and made a team which should have won the league. Along with Sandy Jardine I don’t think we’ve ever had a better manager at finding a player to improve us in certain positions. He had his flair players, workhorses, leaders, teachers and they all had one thing in common. They fought like **** for the team. Great time to be a jambo, despite the gut wrenching heartbreak 

A Shoreditch Heart

Happy Birthday!  A great player and a fantastic manager who put together one of the most exciting Hearts teams of the last 50 years.

Stephane Grappelli

A great guy and great servant who did amazing things at the club.  One of my all time favourites.

However, he seemed to think that the offside Morelos goal at Tynie earlier in the season was a laughing matter.  Hopefully he's still having a good laugh now that his beloved Rangers are going to win **** all yet again.