It’s not just Levein and Hearts

soonbe110

For all we say we would take scrappy 1-0 wins most weeks, there also has to be at least some element of wanting entertainment.

The style of play is absolutely abysmal at the moment, the team doesn't seem to know how to attack, there's no movement ahead of the ball, no midfielders getting up in support of the strikers. We don't create chances and we rarely work the opposition goalkeeper.

Historically I've been a big supporter of Levein, but in his second stint as manager, we've pretty much been reliant on individual moments of brilliance to score goals, be that from Isma or Milinkovic or Lafferty or Naismith or Uche or Clare. There's is no pattern or style as to how the team attacks.

I returned to being a season ticket holder in 2014 after taking the latter Vlad years off between 2008 and 2014, but the team is so boring to watch that this is the first time I'm giving serious consideration to not renewing again.

My honest opinion is that the club needs a fresh impetus and perspective in charge of the footballing side.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, RedCity said:

We are definitely set up better to play away from home just now. We are a strong solid side but we lack a proper playmaker like a Ryan Christie or a Kenny McLean and that is showing at the moment when the emphasis is on us to break the so called lesser teams down at home. Away from home we can be more effective on the break with the pace of our wide players.

Good luck in the semis too be pretty nostalgic to have an Aberdeen vs Hearts final again 33 years on. We have the small issue of beating Celtic at Hampden first though and without Shinnie. A very tough ask but nothing is impossible. Guess I'd rather play them in the semis than in the final.

Definitely, Lennon has a poor record for a Celtic manager at Hampden. Would you say you have progressed from last season where you finished 2nd and reached two finals?

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

For all we say we would take scrappy 1-0 wins most weeks, there also has to be at least some element of wanting entertainment.

The style of play is absolutely abysmal at the moment, the team doesn't seem to know how to attack, there's no movement ahead of the ball, no midfielders getting up in support of the strikers. We don't create chances and we rarely work the opposition goalkeeper.

Historically I've been a big supporter of Levein, but in his second stint as manager, we've pretty much been reliant on individual moments of brilliance to score goals, be that from Isma or Milinkovic or Lafferty or Naismith or Uche or Clare. There's is no pattern or style as to how the team attacks.

I returned to being a season ticket holder in 2014 after taking the latter Vlad years off between 2008 and 2014, but the team is so boring to watch that this is the first time I'm giving serious consideration to not renewing again.

My honest opinion is that the club needs a fresh impetus and perspective in charge of the footballing side.

Spot on ??.

rick witter
8 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

The same as in they have all lost to ALL of the bottom 3 teams in the league? 

And not even scored a goal in the league against Livingston who are fourth bottom. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t you ever admit to being wrong will you? You are even asking other posters views in an effort to check my comments. Just give up. You werent at the game. Why do you care? 

Why do I care? Are you serious? So only the 1500 fans that went are allowed to care?

As for others opinions have you bothered to answer the poster above who said he saw the game COMPLETELY differently from you. I have on many occasions been wrong and apologised. Can you answer why Levein saw it so differently from you?

8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Whilst accepting that our form and results have been unacceptable since our injury crisis abated it’s not just us that’s in the midst of a crazy and baffling run. 

At the winter break Aberdeen, Killie, us and St.Johnstone were comfortably in positions 3-6 in the league, looking certainties to finish top 6 and with two or three of the four having reasonable hopes of catching Rangers for second. Since the league fixtures re-started at end January we have Aberdeen, Killie and us all with 2 wins out of 9, Saints with 1 win out of 9. Seems remarkably odd but certainly shows the missed opportunity for all four clubs. 

Our failures are 100% down to our team and it’s management not what is happening at other clubs.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s all relative isn’t it. Final league position isn’t the be all and end all in terms of progress. They have recovered from a bad start. Been in one final, in another semi-final, won a number of games in Glasgow and have regularly blooded some of their academy players. Could still finish second if they keep beating Rangers. I’d say he is making progress. He is establishing them as the second team in Scotland, at the moment. 

Rangers are 8 points ahead, they’re the 2nd team in Scotland, Aberdeen were but have regressed to 3rd. YOU said they weren’t that much better than us, have you changed your mind? 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Our failures are 100% down to our team and it’s management not what is happening at other clubs.

Yes but great attempt at deflecting the heat from Levein, where’s the other fan boys?

It's funny.

I remember when we had Csaba, Complaints of dire boring football. 

JJ. Complaints of dire boring football.

McGlynn.  Complaints of dire boring football.

Sergio. Complaints of dire boring football.

Locke. Complaints of dire boring football.

Robbie. Complaints of dire boring football.

Cathro. Just dire.

Levein. Complaints of dire boring football.

Has anyone watched any other games in Scotland? They are regular examples of the above.

Scotland is a haven for shite football, played on shite surfaces by a majority of shite players. Save for a few who light up the game with the odd bit of quality.

Did anyone see celtic today? They were ****ing awful. It was eye bleeding. They will ride to the title on the basis that they can afford to spunk 9 million on players from PSG and every bit of help they can get from officials.

Do I wish things were different? Absolutely but the fact is if you want eye catching football you are not going to find much, if any, in Scotland.

That's not to say we couldn't be doing better. There's a difference between a dire style of football and failing to string 2 passes together. I don't think our actual style is the problem. For me it is down to basic failings of individual players. Such as poor decision making. Too many times I see us picking the wrong pass or making the wrong runs. Players failing to track their men and letting themselves be pulled out of position. 

Levein always used to base his teams on a solid defence and then work forward. He has abandoned that to try and make us more attacking but we lack the creativity to break down teams who constantly sit in a defend. As a result we are conceding too many goals because we are less defensive but too weak offensively. People might argue with that but even with a lone front man like against Hamilton we played 2 wide men in supporr who don't do defending. As well as Clare who is providing support from the middle. 

Levein might have more luck if he goes back to playing 5 in defence. Draw teams into attacking us and then we catch them on the break like he used to do. 

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Missed the point completely. 

Well done on that. 

He's going nowhere just now, so I'd suggest you need to get over yourself. ?

Well you tell us when he's going and we'll all wait to then to have a moan and complain about things ,until then we'll just say nothing and pretend all's good .

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Well you tell us when he's going and we'll all wait to then to have a moan and complain about things ,until then we'll just say nothing and pretend all's good .

Ok. 

rick witter
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

Another one who is blinkered and would rather post pictures than have a debate. Strange 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Another one who is blinkered and would rather post pictures than have a debate. Strange 

:clap:

rick witter
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

It's funny.

Cathro. Just dire.

Has anyone watched any other games in Scotland? They are regular examples of the above.

Scotland is a haven for shite football, played on shite surfaces by a majority of shite players. Save for a few who light up the game with the odd bit of quality.

Did anyone see celtic today? They were ****ing awful. It was eye bleeding. They will ride to the title on the basis that they can afford to spunk 9 million on players from PSG and every bit of help they can get from officials.

Do I wish things were different? Absolutely but the fact is if you want eye catching football you are not going to find much, if any, in Scotland.

That's not to say we couldn't be doing better. There's a difference between a dire style of football and failing to string 2 passes together. I don't think our actual style is the problem. For me it is down to basic failings of individual players. Such as poor decision making. Too many times I see us picking the wrong pass or making the wrong runs. Players failing to track their men and letting themselves be pulled out of position. 

Levein always used to base his teams on a solid defence and then work forward. He has abandoned that to try and make us more attacking but we lack the creativity to break down teams who constantly sit in a defend. As a result we are conceding too many goals because we are less defensive but too weak offensively. People might argue with that but even with a lone front man like against Hamilton we played 2 wide men in supporr who don't do defending. As well as Clare who is providing support from the middle. 

Levein might have more luck if he goes back to playing 5 in defence. Draw teams into attacking us and then we catch them on the break like he used to do. 

We were playing Hamilton who had won 2 of their last 14 matches and even at our worst we should be able to take the game to them at some points in the game. Motherwell had them beat after 15 mins with a team of kids. Rangers took 5 off them. We barely laid a glove on them let alone score or win. 

Edited by rick witter

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Amen. 

16 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We were playing Hamilton who had won 2 of their last 14 matches and even at our worst we should be able to take the game to them Motherwell had them beat after 15 mins with a team of kids. Rangers took 5 off them. We barely laid a glove on them let alone score or win. 

Correct. Hamilton were shite to watch, played eye bleeding football but had an opportunity and took it (fantastic goal) while we huffed and puffed to no avail. 

I've been saying for weeks something has to change. Uche isn't a goalscorer. For all the work he does if we don't have someone else on the park who can score regularly we are going to continue to struggle. Naismith isn't there to do it any more and Vanecek is......i don't know. Keena is about the best hope we have right now as he has shown flashes of natural ability to score goals. He has been injured as well though. 

There's little doubt in my mind that if we had a Kris Boyd type alongside Uche he would score a shit load and probably win us many of these games we consistently fail to put to bed.

I'm confident that would also get the best out of Clare as well as he desperately needs something else to aim at in and around the box. He consistently gets into space in the final third but has nobody but Uche to aim at. Uche then gets swarmed by 3 players because he terrifies defences and has nobody to lay it off to after making those 3 players come into his space. Anyone he does get the ball to isn't a finisher and either hesitates or wastes the opportunity with a poor effort. Naismith, when fit, being the exception.

Strikers who don't score enough is a long running theme with Hearts. For a long time we have relied on players like Rudi to save the day. Now we have Naismith and like back then if the savior isn't there we have a problem. 

Again though it isn't style of play that bothers me I see it from every team in the league celtic included. It is the individual mistakes players make that is the difference coupled with a complete lack of cutting edge. 

Edited by Bauld

rick witter
4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Correct. Hamilton were shite to watch, played eye bleeding football but had an opportunity and took it (fantastic goal) while we huffed and puffed to no avail. 

I've been saying for weeks something has to change. Uche isn't a goalscorer. For all the work he does if we don't have someone else on the park who can score regularly we are going to continue to struggle. Naismith isn't there to do it any more and Vanecek is......i don't know. Keena is about the best hope we have right now as he has shown flashes of natural ability to score goals. He has been injured as well though. 

There's little doubt in my mind that if we had a Kris Boyd type alongside Uche he would score a shit load and probably win us many of these games we consistently fail to put to bed.

I'm confident that would also get the best out of Clare as well as he desperately needs something else to aim at in and around the box. He consistently gets into space in the final third but has nobody but Uche to aim at. Uche then gets swarmed by 3 players because he terrifies defences and has nobody to lay it off to after making those 3 players come into his space. Anyone he does get the ball to isn't a finisher and either hesitates or wastes the opportunity with a poor effort. Naismith, when fit, being the exception.

Strikers who don't score enough is a long running theme with Hearts. For a long time we have relied on players like Rudi to save the day. Now we have Naismith and like back then if the savior isn't there we have a problem. 

Again though it isn't style of play that bothers me I see it from every team in the league celtic included. It is the individual mistakes players make that is the difference coupled with a complete lack of cutting edge. 

Good post. You wonder why the management team can’t see what you are saying. 

We are losing these types of game anyway so why not try the likes of Uche and Keena or Vanecek and Keena as a front 2? Would also like to see Cochrane in the team for a run of games. 

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Good post. You wonder why the management team can’t see what you are saying. 

We are losing these types of game anyway so why not try the likes of Uche and Keena or Vanecek and Keena as a front 2? Would also like to see Cochrane in the team for a run of games. 

Cochrane has had it rough with injuries this season and you could attribute those sorts of injuries with pushing a young body too hard too early. He needs time to develop mentally and physically and should be looked after. I won't argue with his potential and quality as it is right now but Scottish football is pretty brutal, Scott Brown almost ended him already.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Forget the other clubs FFS.

Look at us and us alone:

The inept recruitment over a few years and the amount of money it’s wasted.

The rank inconsistency of results, of which yesterday was another example.

The lack of tactical wit possessed by our one trick pony of a head coach.

The fact that losing games doesn’t matter enough to this regime (this is a fact btw, don’t come at me on this one).

None so blind as those who will not see.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, Lennon has a poor record for a Celtic manager at Hampden. Would you say you have progressed from last season where you finished 2nd and reached two finals?

We reached two finals two seasons ago not last season. Last season Motherwell dumped us out of both cups. 

Hard to say if we have progressed. I think we are a physically and mentally stronger team now but with less guile. It means we can compete with the old firm (our combined record against them the last 12 times we have played them is 4 wins, 4 defeats and 4 draws). But we are not as clinical against the lesser teams and that will very likely cost us second place again. We are probably similar to Hibs last season good in the big games but let ourselves down too many times in games on paper we should be winning.

We have blooded a few youngsters this season which is a positive. But as always with all Scottish teams (and especially the non old firm ones) we are vulnerable to losing our best players every summer. This summer will be no different. 

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Forget the other clubs FFS.

Look at us and us alone:

The inept recruitment over a few years and the amount of money it’s wasted.

The rank inconsistency of results, of which yesterday was another example.

The lack of tactical wit possessed by our one trick pony of a head coach.

The fact that losing games doesn’t matter enough to this regime (this is a fact btw, don’t come at me on this one).

None so blind as those who will not see.

I’m with you. Couldn’t give a shiny one about the other teams and the fact that no ones been able to take advantage of a pretty indifferent season from the Uglies.

I’m not enthralled by many of our signings - Mulraney, Clare, Lee, Edwards, Wighton.

I’ll even go against the grain and add in Uche, Dikamona. They’re limited footballers but hey that’s the market we operate in. Am I doing this right? Chucking out 3 year contracts for guys like this. Really?

We WAITED for Vanacek! Let that sink in for a bit. WAITED. 

Add in contracts for Hughes and Martin and you’d be totally justified in asking the questions that many now are.

I’m convinced CL will be away at the end of the season on health grounds. I’m also of the opinion that the players have downed tools, which if correct makes a mockery of CL telling us that we were recruiting the right type of player.

We need a complete clear out. CL has far too much influence and his replacement has to be his own man even if that means CL leaving completely.

This constant acceptance of below acceptable performances really does my head in. It’s a losers mentality.

It’s absolutely no comfort to me that otter teams have also performed abysmally. And it’s certainly no consolation that Hibs May finish below us

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That seems to be the consensus of opinion, do you think they pressed for the whole of the first half?

Quite frankly they were pretty ordinary in the first half - probably just a bit better than Hamilton. You just knew though that after Hamilton scored that we would toil. 

18 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’m with you. Couldn’t give a shiny one about the other teams and the fact that no ones been able to take advantage of a pretty indifferent season from the Uglies.

I’m not enthralled by many of our signings - Mulraney, Clare, Lee, Edwards, Wighton.

I’ll even go against the grain and add in Uche, Dikamona. They’re limited footballers but hey that’s the market we operate in. Am I doing this right? Chucking out 3 year contracts for guys like this. Really?

Add in contracts for Hughes and Martin and you’d be totally justified in asking the questions that many now are.

I’m convinced CL will be away at the end of the season on health grounds. I’m also of the opinion that the players have downed tools, which if correct makes a mockery of CL telling us that we were recruiting the right type of player.

We need a complete clear out. CL has far too much influence and his replacement has to be his own man even if that means CL leaving completely.

This constant acceptance of below acceptable performances really does my head in. It’s a losers mentality.

It’s absolutely no comfort to me that otter teams have also performed abysmally. And it’s certainly no consolation that Hibs May finish below us

Thank god sanity prevails. How to sell this to the apologists and happy clappers.......who knows!!

1 hour ago, RedCity said:

We reached two finals two seasons ago not last season. Last season Motherwell dumped us out of both cups. 

Hard to say if we have progressed. I think we are a physically and mentally stronger team now but with less guile. It means we can compete with the old firm (our combined record against them the last 12 times we have played them is 4 wins, 4 defeats and 4 draws). But we are not as clinical against the lesser teams and that will very likely cost us second place again. We are probably similar to Hibs last season good in the big games but let ourselves down too many times in games on paper we should be winning.

We have blooded a few youngsters this season which is a positive. But as always with all Scottish teams (and especially the non old firm ones) we are vulnerable to losing our best players every summer. This summer will be no different. 

Looks like progression to me. Still a chance of second this season and possibly a cup win. That would be much better than last season. 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Rangers are 8 points ahead, they’re the 2nd team in Scotland, Aberdeen were but have regressed to 3rd. YOU said they weren’t that much better than us, have you changed your mind? 

No, they haven’t regressed. See other posts. They are not far off second and we could catch them if we beat them twice. Despite how poor we have been over last few months we are not far away from second/third. That was one of my points. 

Aberdeen fan on here doesn’t the regression you see. I’ll take his word re his team rather than yours. As I said before I don’t believe league position is the sole indicator of status. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, RedCity said:

Apologies I was wrong there,thanks for that ??, see you at Hampden in May hopefully. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

14 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Hibs are only two points behind us now and it's not so long ago on here that they were being slated and doomed to the bottom six.

Our next league game is Rangers at Ibrox and we all know how we usually perform there so unlikely to pick up any points. Then it is Hibs at Tynecastle and if our current form continues then I would not be hopefull of picking up more than one point.

If we lose both these games then our next match is the Semi v Inverness and if the heads are down then we will struggle to beat them.

Our only saving grace is that Motherwell who sit in 7th place are 7 points behind us so it would be a tall oreder for them to pip us for 6th place before the split.

Lose to Hibs and ICT and Levein’s position with be untenable.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No, they haven’t regressed. See other posts. They are not far off second and we could catch them if we beat them twice. Despite how poor we have been over last few months we are not far away from second/third. That was one of my points. 

Aberdeen fan on here doesn’t the regression you see. I’ll take his word re his team rather than yours. As I said before I don’t believe league position is the sole indicator of status. 

Check up there he says they haven’t progressed, still doing better than us. Theyre likely to finish 3rd not 2nd as they have for 5 years, that’s regression I’m afraid. We could get still get 3rd but what gives you the belief considering our form since October that we will miraculously start winning enough points to catch Aberdeen let alone Rangers who are 13 points ahead of us and Levein has NEVER beaten them at Tynecastle.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Deevers said:

Quite frankly they were pretty ordinary in the first half - probably just a bit better than Hamilton. You just knew though that after Hamilton scored that we would toil. 

We rarely come back from behind these days.

Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Looks like progression to me. Still a chance of second this season and possibly a cup win. That would be much better than last season. 

So I’m not allowed to talk about away games but you can tell an Aberdeen fan how his team are doing? Why do you care ?? Do you ever admit you’re wrong ???

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Check up there he says they haven’t progressed, still doing better than us. Theyre likely to finish 3rd not 2nd as they have for 5 years, that’s regression I’m afraid. We could get still get 3rd but what gives you the belief considering our form since October that we will miraculously start winning enough points to catch Aberdeen let alone Rangers who are 13 points ahead of us and Levein has NEVER beaten them at Tynecastle.

Ok, I’m out of this discussion after this. He didn’t say they haven’t progressed, he said ‘ hard to say if we have progressed’   Now my interpretation of that is he is unsure whether they have stood still or progressed. Don’t believe he would use those words if he thought they had regressed. You are sounding like a broken record on this one so go ahead keep spinning. 

12 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

You didn't wait very long.  You wrote him off after a handful of appearances.  Let that sink in for a bit.

9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Lose to Hibs and ICT and Levein’s position with be untenable.

I wouldn't put money on it.

59 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I wouldn't put money on it.

It will be untenable with the Hearts fans - regrettably not Queen Ann!

Calebs Grandad
On 17/03/2019 at 08:45, upgotheheads said:

Close this thread Mods! A sense of perspective has appeared.

Exactly. How can we call for Leveins head, FoH subscription cancellations and boycotts of matches when this ridiculously accurate nonsense appears. 

43 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It will be untenable with the Hearts fans - regrettably not Queen Ann!

I know that's why I said I wouldn't put money on it. She did it with Cathro but she had CL to fall back on. If she gets rid of CL and allows his coaching team to take over then it's hard to imagine any change in playing style tactics etc although maybe if they were free of CL they might have different ideas.

The worst thing that could happen would be him moving back to DOF because even if he was not involved in team selection and tactics when things go wrong he would get the blame and probably accused of meddling.

So if he is relieved of his Coaching role then he should be out the door completely in my opinion but I really doubt that will happen.

Football is such a fickle thing that if we have a run of two or three wins and beat Hibs then it will no doubt be all change again until the next run of bad form.

43 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I know that's why I said I wouldn't put money on it. She did it with Cathro but she had CL to fall back on. If she gets rid of CL and allows his coaching team to take over then it's hard to imagine any change in playing style tactics etc although maybe if they were free of CL they might have different ideas.

The worst thing that could happen would be him moving back to DOF because even if he was not involved in team selection and tactics when things go wrong he would get the blame and probably accused of meddling.

So if he is relieved of his Coaching role then he should be out the door completely in my opinion but I really doubt that will happen.

Football is such a fickle thing that if we have a run of two or three wins and beat Hibs then it will no doubt be all change again until the next run of bad form.

Lets hope we do beat Hibs and ICT - however one thing that wont change is the dire football under a manager who plays not to lose rather than to win!

jack D and coke
On 17/03/2019 at 09:31, ri Alban said:

Aberdeen went to Glasgow twice in a week and Killie went yesterday. Unbeaten. When we last went, we couldn't even beat Partick Thistle.

Aberdeen have won 3 times at ibrox this season. You’d have to go back about 30 years for us to match that. 

Parkhead will likely be similar, if not worse. 

Hearts are an utter embarrassment in Glasgow. 

18Jambo_dave74

I understand the point being made about other teams but to be honest I couldn't really care about anyone else. 

I thought I'd have a look at some stats (taken from BBC) going back to after the semi final against Celtic as it seems to be pretty well accepted that it was after this game that our poor performances/form started (nearly 5 months ago). 

Hibs (H) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1.

Celtic (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1. 

Kilmarnock (H) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 3.

St Mirren (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1.

Rangers (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 2.

St Johnstone (A) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 3.

Motherwell (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 4.

Livingston (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 0.

Aberdeen (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1. 

Hamilton (H) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 4.

Hibs (A) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 5.

Livingston (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 4. 

Dundee (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 8. 

St Johnstone (H) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 7. 

Kilmarnock (A) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 3. 

Livingston (H) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 2. 

Auchinleck (H) - Goals scored 4, shots on target 8. 

Motherwell (A) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 3. 

St Mirren (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 6. 

Celtic (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 3. 

Partick (A) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 3. 

Dundee (A) - Goals scored, 1 shots on target 3. 

Partick (H) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 5.

Hamilton (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1. 

So in the last 24 games we've had:

Scored 0 goals - 8 games

Scored 1 goal - 10 games

Scored 2 goals - 5 games

Scored over 2 goals - 1 game

The stats for shots on target in most away matches doesn't make for great reading:

Hamilton - 1 shot on target

Dundee - 3 shots on target

Partick - 3 shots on target

Motherwell - 3 shots on target

Kilmarnock - 3 shots on target

Hibs - 5 shots on target

Aberdeen - 1 shot on target

Livingston - 0 shots on target

St Johnstone - 3 shots on target

St Mirren - 1 shot on target

Celtic - 1 shot on target

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, WageThief said:

You didn't wait very long.  You wrote him off after a handful of appearances.  Let that sink in for a bit.

You’re right I have. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to be proved wrong.

I’ve written him off based on a handful of appearances and the fact that he turned up for his big move, overweight and unfit.

That’s bordering on unforgivable especially given his ‘media’ antics in the lead up.

19 hours ago, Bauld said:

It's funny.

Cathro. Just dire.

Good post surrounded by regurgitated drivel from the regurgiting drivel merchants. 

47 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Lets hope we do beat Hibs and ICT - however one thing that wont change is the dire football under a manager who plays not to lose rather than to win!

:thumbs_up:

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Ok, I’m out of this discussion after this. He didn’t say they haven’t progressed, he said ‘ hard to say if we have progressed’   Now my interpretation of that is he is unsure whether they have stood still or progressed. Don’t believe he would use those words if he thought they had regressed. You are sounding like a broken record on this one so go ahead keep spinning. 

Hahahaha I’m the broken record, I think that’s you and your Levein fan boys ?. If you haven’t made the progress, you have stood still or regressed. Wrong again but no acceptance of this and arguing about another’s team with one of their fans, you know best ??????.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Aberdeen have won 3 times at ibrox this season. You’d have to go back about 30 years for us to match that. 

Thank god Hampden has made up for it the last two decades. ?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

I understand the point being made about other teams but to be honest I couldn't really care about anyone else. 

I thought I'd have a look at some stats (taken from BBC) going back to after the semi final against Celtic as it seems to be pretty well accepted that it was after this game that our poor performances/form started (nearly 5 months ago). 

Hibs (H) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1.

Celtic (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1. 

Kilmarnock (H) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 3.

St Mirren (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1.

Rangers (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 2.

St Johnstone (A) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 3.

Motherwell (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 4.

Livingston (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 0.

Aberdeen (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1. 

Hamilton (H) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 4.

Hibs (A) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 5.

Livingston (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 4. 

Dundee (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 8. 

St Johnstone (H) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 7. 

Kilmarnock (A) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 3. 

Livingston (H) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 2. 

Auchinleck (H) - Goals scored 4, shots on target 8. 

Motherwell (A) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 3. 

St Mirren (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 6. 

Celtic (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 3. 

Partick (A) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 3. 

Dundee (A) - Goals scored, 1 shots on target 3. 

Partick (H) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 5.

Hamilton (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1. 

So in the last 24 games we've had:

Scored 0 goals - 8 games

Scored 1 goal - 10 games

Scored 2 goals - 5 games

Scored over 2 goals - 1 game

The stats for shots on target in most away matches doesn't make for great reading:

Hamilton - 1 shot on target

Dundee - 3 shots on target

Partick - 3 shots on target

Motherwell - 3 shots on target

Kilmarnock - 3 shots on target

Hibs - 5 shots on target

Aberdeen - 1 shot on target

Livingston - 0 shots on target

St Johnstone - 3 shots on target

St Mirren - 1 shot on target

Celtic - 1 shot on target

Fantastic work mate. Not sure we had a shot on target at Murrayfield either.

rudi must stay
On 17/03/2019 at 08:43, soonbe110 said:

Whilst accepting that our form and results have been unacceptable since our injury crisis abated it’s not just us that’s in the midst of a crazy and baffling run. 

At the winter break Aberdeen, Killie, us and St.Johnstone were comfortably in positions 3-6 in the league, looking certainties to finish top 6 and with two or three of the four having reasonable hopes of catching Rangers for second. Since the league fixtures re-started at end January we have Aberdeen, Killie and us all with 2 wins out of 9, Saints with 1 win out of 9. Seems remarkably odd but certainly shows the missed opportunity for all four clubs. 

It is because it is a very poor league without much quality in my opinion, would love to say this is because teams have improved but it's the opposite IMO, these wonder kids we're buying from the EPL or Championships are (in the main not all) duds or aren't fully committed. Look at Aberdeen, they drew with Stenhousemuir, would you have seen that a few years ago? Definatly not IMO

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Aberdeen are now the benchmark v Rangers. 

Funny when they had no win in 26 years at Ibrox they weren't brought up ?

We've been shite in Glasgow for the best part of our history, folk now blaming CL for everything. 

Strange behaviour. 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aberdeen are now the benchmark v Rangers. 

Funny when they had no win in 26 years at Ibrox they weren't brought up ?

We've been shite in Glasgow for the best part of our history, folk now blaming CL for everything. 

Strange behaviour. 

I’m not a Levein hater man but his record in Glasgow is absolutely woeful. We’re beaten before a ball is kicked under Levein through there. 

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not a Levein hater man but his record in Glasgow is absolutely woeful. We’re beaten before a ball is kicked under Levein through there. 

Didn’t lose last match in Glasgow