It’s not just Levein and Hearts

soonbe110

We are awful to watch.

For 2-3 years now, we have been pointing out the obvious, lack of width, lack of creativity, lack of pace, and desperate need for a competent left back. Levein has failed to address these issues.

We don’t play to our strengths and instead appear to over analyse the opposition to a point that we completely change our system and team week on week to try and capitalise on some supposed weaknesses that our genius coaches have identified.

Yesterday we had a fleeting glimpse of what we can do when we play to our strengths. For about 30 seconds, out of nowhere, we pressed Hamilton high up the park. Lo and behold, we forced them into a mistake, got the ball back in a dangerous position, and created a scoring opportunity. But that was all we got, 30 seconds. And that’s about all we’ve had for months now.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed. Hopefully knackered after Tuesday. Shouldn’t have been but anything else is unacceptable 

They’re fitness is constantly monitored so if they were knackered there should’ve been more changes to the team. So it’s not that so it’s unacceptable, what’s your ideas to change it?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

We are awful to watch.

For 2-3 years now, we have been pointing out the obvious, lack of width, lack of creativity, lack of pace, and desperate need for a competent left back. Levein has failed to address these issues.

We don’t play to our strengths and instead appear to over analyse the opposition to a point that we completely change our system and team week on week to try and capitalise on some supposed weaknesses that our genius coaches have identified.

Yesterday we had a fleeting glimpse of what we can do when we play to our strengths. For about 30 seconds, out of nowhere, we pressed Hamilton high up the park. Lo and behold, we forced them into a mistake, got the ball back in a dangerous position, and created a scoring opportunity. But that was all we got, 30 seconds. And that’s about all we’ve had for months now.

Agreed, we are far better when we press teams. All our better performances come when we do that but somehow our manager and coaches can’t see that.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Whilst accepting that our form and results have been unacceptable since our injury crisis abated it’s not just us that’s in the midst of a crazy and baffling run. 

At the winter break Aberdeen, Killie, us and St.Johnstone were comfortably in positions 3-6 in the league, looking certainties to finish top 6 and with two or three of the four having reasonable hopes of catching Rangers for second. Since the league fixtures re-started at end January we have Aberdeen, Killie and us all with 2 wins out of 9, Saints with 1 win out of 9. Seems remarkably odd but certainly shows the missed opportunity for all four clubs. 

Aberdeen are through to another semi final having beat Rangers at Ibrox, they will finish 3rd. In the league cup they  beat Rangers at Hampden and were unlucky to lose the final. Is that not a great season, according to a lot of people on here it is?

Killie lost their best player and unlike a team that can sign 20 players they have little in reserve. They will finish 4th and likely qualify for Europe.

St Johnstone, like Killie and unlike us, punch way above their weight and are probably where they should be. Look at how Hibs and Motherwell strengthened in January and are closing in on us.

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

We are awful to watch.

Is it possible that everyone is too scared of giving Levein an honest opinion about what needs to be done on the playing front that we are in this bloody mess.

We all know that CL is extremely stubborn and it seems to be a case of "his way or the highway".

It is one way of running the football side of a club but in my opinion this type of management philosophy leads directly to all employees being too scared to challenge the situation and hence we end up looking like a rudderless ship. 

Bazzas right boot

It's a fair point and gives context. 

Hearts will neved dominate teams constantly home or away. 

We've done this over a season maybe twice in our history. 

The league is very tight, I posted some stats the othe other day, I think over 75% of the games from February were a draw or decided by 1 goal only. Think it was 28/36 games or something, even this weekends results would add to that. 

Think there was 5 wins by more than two goals, only one outside the of with Rangers having 3 of them. 

Incredibly tight. 

However, we do need to see progress in the pitch, results are better than last season so far in the league and Cup but we could end up sixth, we could also end up 3rd still as we play Aberdeen next time. 

In balance, we do need to review what is the best way forward, but no matter what some people will not be happy as thier expectations are far too unrealistic, as in they Litterally expect us to win every game and hammer most of the so called weaker teams. 

The league table and results show that does not happen. 

skinnybob72
3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

What’s other teams form got to do with ours? 

Everything when they are on a terrible run! We are the gift that just keeps giving in those situations. I wouldn't be surprised if teams on bad runs have our fixture with them circled on the fixture list.

2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

We are awful to watch.

Your post seems like a contradiction. No width, creativity, pace, no left back and we don’t play to our strengths. What are these strengths because a team without pace,width and creativity is basically going out and playing for 0-0 or 1-0. Exactly the tactics that Levein gets hammered for. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re fitness is constantly monitored so if they were knackered there should’ve been more changes to the team. So it’s not that so it’s unacceptable, what’s your ideas to change it?

I think it was fitness to a large degree. Godinho frightened of plastic, Naismith crocked, Berra playing like he is crocked,  Lee injured, Morrison looked crocked after 20 mins and continually in trouble second-half, Uche could barely break into a run when trying to warm-up at ht and was lumbering around for 45 minutes second half, made no impression.  Apart from that Keena played 45 and barely kicked the ball, Garuccio sold the goal, again, and not one player in maroon won their personal battle with their opposite number. You can  clearly see from that how we had a bad afternoon.  To be honest, not sure what the immediate fix is.  Short of fully fit players and confidence. Hopefully a two week break works wonders though knowing our luck Souter will get injured with Scotland. 

Aberdeen are through to another semi final having beat Rangers at Ibrox, they will finish 3rd. In the league cup they  beat Rangers at Hampden and were unlucky to lose the final. Is that not a great season, according to a lot of people on here it is?

Killie lost their best player and unlike a team that can sign 20 players they have little in reserve. They will finish 4th and likely qualify for Europe.

St Johnstone, like Killie and unlike us, punch way above their weight and are probably where they should be. Look at how Hibs and Motherwell strengthened in January and are closing in on us.

I think you are agreeing with me but maybe not? 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think it was fitness to a large degree. Godinho frightened of plastic, Naismith crocked, Berra playing like he is crocked,  Lee injured, Morrison looked crocked after 20 mins and continually in trouble second-half, Uche could barely break into a run when trying to warm-up at ht and was lumbering around for 45 minutes second half, made no impression.  Apart from that Keena played 45 and barely kicked the ball, Garuccio sold the goal, again, and not one player in maroon won their personal battle with their opposite number. You can  clearly see from that how we had a bad afternoon.  To be honest, not sure what the immediate fix is.  Short of fully fit players and confidence. Hopefully a two week break works wonders though knowing our luck Souter will get injured with Scotland. 

Not in maroon, Lee wasn’t injured, Godhino has a dodgy knee and can’t play 3 games in a week plastic pitch or not,, tactics/poor motivation meant Keena made no impact, Garuccio not making any progress as a player due to poor coaching. Morrison should’ve been off if he was injured, Uche lumbers around on every pitch.

As for Scotland Souttar broke down with them and aggravated an injury he initially got in May and the knew it would go at some point. I was more annoyed at OF players being rested whilst Naismith played 180 minutes, one a friendly, and broke down in our next game at Dundee.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think you are agreeing with me but maybe not? 

No I’m not, you’re saying Aberdeen are having a bad time of it but they’re doing a lot better than we are I’m afraid, including beating Rangers at 3 different grounds (your golden boy has NEVER beaten Rangers at Tynecastle) Killie and St Johnstone have a fraction of our budget and can’t be compared to us.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jambo100 said:

The worst manager in our history is doing well. Was C L the problem.Wolves looked good.

Carrying the bibs? Wolves were pulling up trees before he went there and would be doing so if he wasn’t. I don’t think statistically he was the worst.

Agreed, we are far better when we press teams. All our better performances come when we do that but somehow our manager and coaches can’t see that.

How some fans can't see this and constantly  defend the manager about  this change in tactics is baffling

Levein and a lot of fans need to wake up soon to the fact we're in a terrible run of form and needing improvement in performance rapidly 

Seems to be a trend on here where anyone speaking out against this is either a hibs fan or a levein hater , I'd put it another way that the ones speaking out against it have had enough of seeing money wasted on players and coaches  that underperform most weeks . 

They've had it easy for a while but if things don't pick up then the fans will let them know

Pasquale for King
Just now, jambocub said:

How some fans can't see this and constantly  defend the manager about  this change in tactics is baffling

Levein and a lot of fans need to wake up soon to the fact we're in a terrible run of form and needing improvement in performance rapidly 

Seems to be a trend on here where anyone speaking out against this is either a hibs fan or a levein hater , I'd put it another way that the ones speaking out against it have had enough of seeing money wasted on players and coaches  that underperform most weeks . 

They've had it easy for a while but if things don't pick up then the fans will let them know

Hopefully, but in a way that doesn’t hurt the club. Talk of cancelling FoH subscriptions and not buying season tickets is worrying, I understand it though as what else can we do apart from protests outside or booing at the end of another dire performance. Apologies to anyone who has to listen to me moan on here but it’s one way of getting my thoughts off my chest.

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not in maroon, Lee wasn’t injured, Godhino has a dodgy knee and can’t play 3 games in a week plastic pitch or not,, tactics/poor motivation meant Keena made no impact, Garuccio not making any progress as a player due to poor coaching. Morrison should’ve been off if he was injured, Uche lumbers around on every pitch.

As for Scotland Souttar broke down with them and aggravated an injury he initially got in May and the knew it would go at some point. I was more annoyed at OF players being rested whilst Naismith played 180 minutes, one a friendly, and broke down in our next game at Dundee.

You are only allowed three subs. Tactics and injuries would have required six yesterday. 

42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I’m not, you’re saying Aberdeen are having a bad time of it but they’re doing a lot better than we are I’m afraid, including beating Rangers at 3 different grounds (your golden boy has NEVER beaten Rangers at Tynecastle) Killie and St Johnstone have a fraction of our budget and can’t be compared to us.

Just ask any Aberdeen fan. The win at Ibrox on Tuesday covered up a lot of cracks. Natives were getting very restless. Another home game yesterday that wasn’t won. If we beat Aberdeen in our two remaining league matches against them we would go above them so you can hardly say they are doing a lot better than us. They have won one of their last nine home games. Some perspective needed I’m afraid. 

The form guide for the SPFL would suggest it's only Hibs and Celtic they are on any sort of run. 

Every other team is struggling for any sort of consistency, 

10 sackings required then and Neil Lennon and that new Vermin chap will be in massive demand.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe ask some of the other fans who were there yesterday if they agree but we pressed Hamilton from first whistle. There was only one team in it when they scored a goal out of nothing. Different game after that but the game was played almost entirely in Hamilton half until they scored.  Sometimes you need evidence before you make claims on here rather than just making it up. 

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully, but in a way that doesn’t hurt the club. Talk of cancelling FoH subscriptions and not buying season tickets is worrying, I understand it though as what else can we do apart from protests outside or booing at the end of another dire performance. Apologies to anyone who has to listen to me moan on here but it’s one way of getting my thoughts off my chest.

Your right how some folk think fans that are unhappy are hubs fans or hater's of anything from the club boils my p!33

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You are only allowed three subs. Tactics and injuries would have required six yesterday. 

If he was struggling after 20 minutes surely he should’ve been first, if we needed to make 6 changes whose fault is that?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Your right how some folk think fans that are unhappy are hubs fans or hater's of anything from the club boils my p!33

Indeed, call me a negative moaning yet bipolar ***** and I would concur ?.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe ask some of the other fans who were there yesterday if they agree but we pressed Hamilton from first whistle. There was only one team in it when they scored a goal out of nothing. Different game after that but the game was played almost entirely in Hamilton half until they scored.  Sometimes you need evidence before you make claims on here rather than just making it up. 

I answered a post and that said we pressed for 30 seconds, most of the folk from yesterday said we didn’t try a leg (you included) which doesn’t Indicate we pressed from start to finish.

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Just ask any Aberdeen fan. The win at Ibrox on Tuesday covered up a lot of cracks. Natives were getting very restless. Another home game yesterday that wasn’t won. If we beat Aberdeen in our two remaining league matches against them we would go above them so you can hardly say they are doing a lot better than us. They have won one of their last nine home games. Some perspective needed I’m afraid. 

You're right we've been very poor at home since returning from the winter break. Struggling to break teams down that pack the defence. We have the best away record in the league and have only lost 1 of our last 7 games against Sevco. But our recent home form is very poor too many draws and a shocker of a defeat to Hamilton possibly the worst result of McInnes' whole tenure here.

Contrast that with our away form (8 wins and 1 draw from our last 9 games on the road with the draw coming at Parkhead) and you can clearly see we are currently a team that is better suited playing away from home. Sevco have only lost twice at Ibrox all season both times to ourselves. Which is all well and good but our shit home form is cancelling out our excellent  away results.

Only Celtic and Hibs showing any real consistency at the moment and Motherwell were flying up until very recently. There are no easy games. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I answered a post and that said we pressed for 30 seconds, most of the folk from yesterday said we didn’t try a leg (you included) which doesn’t Indicate we pressed from start to finish.

We did press until they scored and just after it. If you look at first half stats it’s pretty clear. Second half we did nothing. We just weren’t good enough on the day. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Nah, we think that folk that call cl a loser, insinuate that Ann and CL are shagging and folk that want us beat just to remove CL are hibs fans or haters. 

Big difference between being  unhappy, debating concerns and getting personal. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

3 minutes ago, RedCity said:

You're right we've been very poor at home since returning from the winter break. Struggling to break teams down that pack the defence. We have the best away record in the league and have only lost 1 of our last 7 games against Sevco. But our recent home form is very poor too many draws and a shocker of a defeat to Hamilton possibly the worst result of McInnes' whole tenure here.

Contrast that with our away form (8 wins and 1 draw from our last 9 games on the road with the draw coming at Parkhead) and you can clearly see we are currently a team that is better suited playing away from home. Sevco have only lost twice at Ibrox all season both times to ourselves. Which is all well and good but our shit home form is cancelling out our excellent  away results.

Only Celtic and Hibs showing any real consistency at the moment and Motherwell were flying up until very recently. There are no easy games. 

Cheers. Sadly some on here won’t believe you even though you are just stating facts. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You said two semis and a final is successful, they’ve achieved that already, beating Rangers three times in Glasgow. How  many of our last home games have we won? If we had achieved what they have there would be fewer calls for Levein to go. Aberdeen are a poor team to watch and play for free kicks and corners, the difference is they’re more successful than we are meaning less complaints. We are unsuccessful and boring to watch. 

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah, we think that folk that call cl a loser, insinuate that Ann and CL are shagging and folk that want us beat just to remove CL are hibs fans or haters. 

Big difference between being  unhappy, debating concerns and getting personal. 

Well it's about time you got over yourselves and realized when a club is going through a time like we are just now then those at the top come in for criticism ...

First sign budge and levein had getting any criticism they punted cathro . It's the most common way to get a point over to those in charge

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We did press until they scored and just after it. If you look at first half stats it’s pretty clear. Second half we did nothing. We just weren’t good enough on the day. 

Levein said it was the other way round, awful first half and better in the 2nd? Who to believe?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Levein said it was the other way round, awful first half and better in the 2nd? Who to believe?

The second half was dire. We were pedestrian to say the least.  How Craig Levein could say we were better in the second half leaves me baffled. 

portobellojambo1
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I have to say I didn't see the game in the same way you saw it. We looked interested early on for maybe about 5/10 minutes at the start, with no end product. For the remainder of the first half we were poor, as were they. At HT the booing wasn't because of the bad weather it was because of what hadn't happened on the park. 2nd half is best forgotten about altogether, we were garbage. It was actually quite revealing in terms of how many people were there who follow HMFC home and away come what may, but yesterday was a step too far for many of them and they made their feelings known.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Cheers. Sadly some on here won’t believe you even though you are just stating facts. 

If Tuesdays win at Ibrox was just papering over the cracks, what do you think our win over Partick was? You seem to be confused, Mcinnes is under pressure because of poor form but Levein isn’t and is making progress even though Mcinnes has a far better managerial record.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Well it's about time you got over yourselves and realized when a club is going through a time like we are just now then those at the top come in for criticism ...

First sign budge and levein had getting any criticism they punted cathro . It's the most common way to get a point over to those in charge

Missed the point completely. 

Well done on that. 

He's going nowhere just now, so I'd suggest you need to get over yourself. ?

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You said two semis and a final is successful, they’ve achieved that already, beating Rangers three times in Glasgow. How  many of our last home games have we won? If we had achieved what they have there would be fewer calls for Levein to go. Aberdeen are a poor team to watch and play for free kicks and corners, the difference is they’re more successful than we are meaning less complaints. We are unsuccessful and boring to watch. 

Whatever you say. Clearly it’s your views or nobody’s views. Just wish you wouldn’t spout about away games when you don’t attend them. 

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just read the match thread if you can be bothered. The fact that fans starting leaving after an hour and many had gone by 75-80 mins says it all for me. I have no idea what Levein saw in the second half but he is entitled to his opinion and he has better knowledge than me in terms of what they were trying to. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If Tuesdays win at Ibrox was just papering over the cracks, what do you think our win over Partick was? You seem to be confused, Mcinnes is under pressure because of poor form but Levein isn’t and is making progress even though Mcinnes has a far better managerial record.

McInnes isn't under pressure as such but it's only the away form and good recent results against the old firm that is probably preventing him being under pressure. Our home form is currently the poorest it has ever been during his time here but he's breaking records with consecutive away wins. And playing the old firm 3 times in 9 days this month (twice in Glasgow) and coming through those games unbeaten means he's got plenty of credit in the bank with most of the fans and quite rightly too.

But out home form is awful there's absolutely no getting away from it.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wouldn’t argue that the Thistle win didn’t  paper over the cracks. Don’t think I have said that. Additionally I haven’t said Levein isn’t under pressure. Clearly he is and should be. Think he has been under pressure all season given his health scare. I have also never said Levein, in isolation, is making progress. There’s no doubt the club as a whole is making progress. Top of the league for three months is something we rarely do. Two semis in one season is something we rarely do. Reserves in cup final is something we rarely do. Building a new stand is something we rarely do. Levein, on his own, isn’t responsible for those but has played a significant part along with many others in most of that. 

Theres no doubt either that McInnes continues to make progress at Aberdeen. Just that some don’t/can’t see it. 

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So far there are a number of regular posters on here, who were at the game, that reinforce my comments re first half, second half. I’ll leave it to you in terms of who you believe. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The second half was dire. We were pedestrian to say the least.  How Craig Levein could say we were better in the second half leaves me baffled. 

That seems to be the consensus of opinion, do you think they pressed for the whole of the first half?

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, RedCity said:

McInnes isn't under pressure as such but it's only the away form and good recent results against the old firm that is probably preventing him being under pressure. Our home form is currently the poorest it has ever been during his time here but he's breaking records with consecutive away wins. And playing the old firm 3 times in 9 days this month (twice in Glasgow) and coming through those games unbeaten means he's got plenty of credit in the bank with most of the fans and quite rightly too.

But out home form is awful there's absolutely no getting away from it.

Yeah that was a good week, would you say Aberdeen are set up to be better away from home just now. Good luck in the semi final btw.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Whatever you say. Clearly it’s your views or nobody’s views. Just wish you wouldn’t spout about away games when you don’t attend them. 

No I’m just repeating what others have said, sorry if what you say doesn’t bear any resemblance to what happened. So if I’m only allowed by you to talk about home games, they’ve been absolutely awful haven’t they? No idea how to break down the opposition, no desire or heart. Levein must go woundnt you agree?

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So far there are a number of regular posters on here, who were at the game, that reinforce my comments re first half, second half. I’ll leave it to you in terms of who you believe. 

So Levein is a liar? Or just clueless? It seems we were pretty poor in both halves, some seem to differ on which half was better. As I said my comment was about pressing teams, not yesterday’s match in particular.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I wouldn’t argue that the Thistle win didn’t  paper over the cracks. Don’t think I have said that. Additionally I haven’t said Levein isn’t under pressure. Clearly he is and should be. Think he has been under pressure all season given his health scare. I have also never said Levein, in isolation, is making progress. There’s no doubt the club as a whole is making progress. Top of the league for three months is something we rarely do. Two semis in one season is something we rarely do. Reserves in cup final is something we rarely do. Building a new stand is something we rarely do. Levein, on his own, isn’t responsible for those but has played a significant part along with many others in most of that. 

Theres no doubt either that McInnes continues to make progress at Aberdeen. Just that some don’t/can’t see it. 

I’m not sure we even disagree on most of that, two semis with the draws we’ve had is no great achievement and one that was brought up by Levein to garner credit for this time and the last. Mcinnes is doing well at Aberdeen, not sure if it’s progress as they will drop to third, they were 2nd last season and in two finals. YOU said they weren’t doing much better than we are, which is it?

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah that was a good week, would you say Aberdeen are set up to be better away from home just now. Good luck in the semi final btw.

We are definitely set up better to play away from home just now. We are a strong solid side but we lack a proper playmaker like a Ryan Christie or a Kenny McLean and that is showing at the moment when the emphasis is on us to break the so called lesser teams down at home. Away from home we can be more effective on the break with the pace of our wide players.

Good luck in the semis too be pretty nostalgic to have an Aberdeen vs Hearts final again 33 years on. We have the small issue of beating Celtic at Hampden first though and without Shinnie. A very tough ask but nothing is impossible. Guess I'd rather play them in the semis than in the final.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That seems to be the consensus of opinion, do you think they pressed for the whole of the first half?

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So Levein is a liar? Or just clueless? It seems we were pretty poor in both halves, some seem to differ on which half was better. As I said my comment was about pressing teams, not yesterday’s match in particular.

Don’t you ever admit to being wrong will you? You are even asking other posters views in an effort to check my comments. Just give up. You werent at the game. Why do you care? 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure we even disagree on most of that, two semis with the draws we’ve had is no great achievement and one that was brought up by Levein to garner credit for this time and the last. Mcinnes is doing well at Aberdeen, not sure if it’s progress as they will drop to third, they were 2nd last season and in two finals. YOU said they weren’t doing much better than we are, which is it?

It’s all relative isn’t it. Final league position isn’t the be all and end all in terms of progress. They have recovered from a bad start. Been in one final, in another semi-final, won a number of games in Glasgow and have regularly blooded some of their academy players. Could still finish second if they keep beating Rangers. I’d say he is making progress. He is establishing them as the second team in Scotland, at the moment.