It’s not just Levein and Hearts

soonbe110

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Would be safe then, slander is English law; defamation would be a different matter. However the defence of truth may be applicable! Maybe it will come out in an autobiography in years to come, as per St Lie Down.

Hopefully ?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Cool check the comparable results of Hearts v Celtic and Aberdeen v Celtic since 1874 and get back to me then.

Not sure what point you're making here? Overall Aberdeen have a higher winning percentage against both Celtic and Rangers than what Hearts do.

Not that it really matters...trophies are basically the only thing that matters I'd rather lose 8 times in a season to the old firm and win something than never lose to them but win nothing. We've performed far better than Hearts or any other non old firm team in Glasgow against the big two this season. If we beat Rangers again at Ibrox post split that will be 4 wins against them in Glasgow in a single season. And if we beat Celtic at Hampden in the SC semi-final our record in Glasgow over the last 12 months will be even more brilliant than it already is. But if we then go on to lose the Scottish Cup Final to either Hearts or Inverness it'll all count for nothing. If Hearts get hammered on their next two league visits to the old firm in Glasgow but then go on to win the Scottish Cup against Aberdeen I'm sure you couldn't care less about the hammerings you took in Glasgow against the bigot brothers.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, RedCity said:

Not sure what point you're making here? Overall Aberdeen have a higher winning percentage against both Celtic and Rangers than what Hearts do.

Not that it really matters...trophies are basically the only thing that matters I'd rather lose 8 times in a season to the old firm and win something than never lose to them but win nothing. We've performed far better than Hearts or any other non old firm team in Glasgow against the big two this season. If we beat Rangers again at Ibrox post split that will be 4 wins against them in Glasgow in a single season. And if we beat Celtic at Hampden in the SC semi-final our record in Glasgow over the last 12 months will be even more brilliant than it already is. But if we then go on to lose the Scottish Cup Final to either Hearts or Inverness it'll all count for nothing. If Hearts get hammered on their next two league visits to the old firm in Glasgow but then go on to win the Scottish Cup against Aberdeen I'm sure you couldn't care less about the hammerings you took in Glasgow against the bigot brothers.

The Big Two are defunct. Celtic are the only trophy hoovering entity worth measuring success against

so you are ahead by a draw!

45 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The Big Two are defunct. Celtic are the only trophy hoovering entity worth measuring success against

so you are ahead by a draw!

Well for a team that is apparently defunct they seem to turn your team over virtually every time they play them home or away. But historically Aberdeen have a better record against Celtic than Hearts do so I couldn't understand your point. We've beaten them more times despite playing them less same with Rangers. But like I said who cares it's irrelevant.Trophies are all that matters. 

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, RedCity said:

Well for a team that is apparently defunct they seem to turn your team over virtually every time they play them home or away. But historically Aberdeen have a better record against Celtic than Hearts do so I couldn't understand your point. We've beaten them more times despite playing them less same with Rangers. But like I said who cares it's irrelevant.Trophies are all that matters. 

Exactly, when was Aberdeen’s last Scottish Cup victory? Worth noting that we have played Rangers twice this season and you’ve played them five times. Also worth noting that we’ve played them once at Tynecastle over the last 18 months or so which screws our recent record. Cathro however did mastermind a fine 4-1 victory over their corporate shell. Neilson also parted with a fine 2-0 victory. 

I’ve heard there are high level talks going on right now to empty CL. It involves a major shareholder yapping at a Golf Club. Anybody else heard anything??

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Exactly, when was Aberdeen’s last Scottish Cup victory? Worth noting that we have played Rangers twice this season and you’ve played them five times. Also worth noting that we’ve played them once at Tynecastle over the last 18 months or so which screws our recent record. Cathro however did mastermind a fine 4-1 victory over their corporate shell. Neilson also parted with a fine 2-0 victory. 

Trophies are few and far between for non old firm clubs as you and I both know only too well although we are clearly the most successful non old firm Scottish club in terms of trophies won which we take a little bit of pride in especially given that we were formed 30 odd years after both Hearts and Hibs. Our last major trophy win was in 2014 and we've lost 3 finals since then all to a far superior team in Rodger's Celtic. We've actually played Rangers 6 times this season not 5 and have only lost 1 in the last 7 against them with 3 wins and 3 draws (3 of those 7 games were in Glasgow). As a comparison Hearts have lost 6 and drawn 1 of their last 7 games against Rangers. I know most of those games were in Glasgow which as you say skews the figures a bit. But we've beaten them 4 times in Glasgow since they came back up to the Premier League and we've also beaten Celtic at Parkhead. Hearts haven't won in Glasgow against either of them in that same time and have never truly threatened to. It's about time they did as I'm sure you'll agree. 

CL lost me for the first time away to Patrick when we were subjected to our players punting the ball up the park for majority of the match versus a very poor team (1st half especially) however nobody can tell me had we not lost all these players earlier we wouldn’t be at least 5 points better off meaning we would be sitting in 3rd right now. 

Its not been that bad a season points wise however yet again the playing style and some decision making from management has been absolutely atrocious and terrible to watch. 

Mr Elwood P
8 hours ago, RedCity said:

Trophies are few and far between for non old firm clubs as you and I both know only too well although we are clearly the most successful non old firm Scottish club in terms of trophies won which we take a little bit of pride in especially given that we were formed 30 odd years after both Hearts and Hibs. Our last major trophy win was in 2014 and we've lost 3 finals since then all to a far superior team in Rodger's Celtic. We've actually played Rangers 6 times this season not 5 and have only lost 1 in the last 7 against them with 3 wins and 3 draws (3 of those 7 games were in Glasgow). As a comparison Hearts have lost 6 and drawn 1 of their last 7 games against Rangers. I know most of those games were in Glasgow which as you say skews the figures a bit. But we've beaten them 4 times in Glasgow since they came back up to the Premier League and we've also beaten Celtic at Parkhead. Hearts haven't won in Glasgow against either of them in that same time and have never truly threatened to. It's about time they did as I'm sure you'll agree. 

Aye a lot of horrific stuff was acceptable in the 80’s! Since that golden period  Aberdeen  have managed two League Cups, no Scottish Cups and no League titles. We’ve won 3 Scottish Cups. Even Hibs have 1! You had a perfect storm of Hearts, Rangers and Hibs all being in disarray and you managed to win 1 League Cup, nothing else and no Europa League group stage qualification. Even hapless Stevie G managed to stumble into the subsidiary level banqueting party that UEFA provide. McInnes will leave at some point and Aberdeen will slide back into the bottom 6. 

4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye a lot of horrific stuff was acceptable in the 80’s! Since that golden period  Aberdeen  have managed two League Cups, no Scottish Cups and no League titles. We’ve won 3 Scottish Cups. Even Hibs have 1! You had a perfect storm of Hearts, Rangers and Hibs all being in disarray and you managed to win 1 League Cup, nothing else and no Europa League group stage qualification. Even hapless Stevie G managed to stumble into the subsidiary level banqueting party that UEFA provide. McInnes will leave at some point and Aberdeen will slide back into the bottom 6. 

We have won 3 major trophies from the 90's onwards the same as Hearts. And in the current unbroken sequence of 34 years that the old firm have won the league we were the last team to win it before that and also the team that came closest to breaking the cycle since they started winning it every year since 1986. We have made far more cup finals in that period too. We've had periods when we were utter rubbish though granted just like yourselves. The club has far more stability around it though with a proper board running the show now. Your mock us only winning 1 trophy in 5 years but conveniently fail to mention that for half of that time we were up against Rodgers' Celtic who have won everything. Quite amusing that you mock another team about a lack of trophies what is it for you guys 3 in the last 56 years? And in the years when Sevco and Hearts were out the top league were they not allowed to compete in the cups or something? Sevco had by far the second biggest budget in Scotland regardless of what league they played in. And they've won nothing. Why haven't Hearts won any trophies the last 4 seasons they have been in the top league if you feel it warrants mocking Aberdeen about? Didn't Hibs win the SC as a Championship team? Why didn't Hearts do it? You've been debt free all that time yet you think you can mock Aberdeen for not winning more than 1 trophy when you won zilch in that same period? Come on behave yourself.

it wasn't Aberdeen's fault that Hearts and Rangers both massively overspent and lived beyond their means and got relegated/liquidated. We suffered because of that at the time as we had cut our cloth accordingly. And if Hibs were hopeless for a few years that was their problem. But at the end of the day Hearts have been back up in the Premier League for 4 years now and Rangers 3 years and to date we've still finished above both every time. 

As for fearing going back into the bottom 6? Well it can't happen to us this season but it could mathematically still happen to Hearts. Although to be fair lady luck might be shining on you this season as you've virtually had a bye all the way to the Scottish Cup Final. By comparison we'll have to do it virtually the hardest way possible to get there.

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, RedCity said:

We have won 3 major trophies from the 90's onwards the same as Hearts. And in the current unbroken sequence of 34 years that the old firm have won the league we were the last team to win it before that and also the team that came closest to breaking the cycle since they started winning it every year since 1986. We have made far more cup finals in that period too. We've had periods when we were utter rubbish though granted just like yourselves. The club has far more stability around it though with a proper board running the show now. Your mock us only winning 1 trophy in 5 years but conveniently fail to mention that for half of that time we were up against Rodgers' Celtic who have won everything. Quite amusing that you mock another team about a lack of trophies what is it for you guys 3 in the last 56 years? And in the years when Sevco and Hearts were out the top league were they not allowed to compete in the cups or something? Sevco had by far the second biggest budget in Scotland regardless of what league they played in. And they've won nothing. Why haven't Hearts won any trophies the last 4 seasons they have been in the top league if you feel it warrants mocking Aberdeen about? Didn't Hibs win the SC as a Championship team? Why didn't Hearts do it? You've been debt free all that time yet you think you can mock Aberdeen for not winning more than 1 trophy when you won zilch in that same period? Come on behave yourself.

it wasn't Aberdeen's fault that Hearts and Rangers both massively overspent and lived beyond their means and got relegated/liquidated. We suffered because of that at the time as we had cut our cloth accordingly. And if Hibs were hopeless for a few years that was their problem. But at the end of the day Hearts have been back up in the Premier League for 4 years now and Rangers 3 years and to date we've still finished above both every time. 

As for fearing going back into the bottom 6? Well it can't happen to us this season but it could mathematically still happen to Hearts. Although to be fair lady luck might be shining on you this season as you've virtually had a bye all the way to the Scottish Cup Final. By comparison we'll have to do it virtually the hardest way possible to get there.

If you want to celebrate League Cup victory I suggest signing up to a membership of Hibs.Net. You will be more than welcome!

Gibson_HMFC
15 hours ago, TNCASTLE said:

I’ve heard there are high level talks going on right now to empty CL. It involves a major shareholder yapping at a Golf Club. Anybody else heard anything??

Heard similar on Facebook. It could be utter rubbish.

I reckon he'll leave due to health reasons anyway. 

58 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you want to celebrate League Cup victory I suggest signing up to a membership of Hibs.Net. You will be more than welcome!

I was thinking more Aberdeen haven’t cut their cloth accordingly. They have the third biggest budget as they have left their stadium to fall apart so their stable owner can sell it to himself while they try and fund another one. Even Hibs have redone their lego set. 

If i was Aberdeen i’d be concerned about how the future finances will stack up against other teams as they fund the stadium. Its like an f1 race where everyone excepy Aberdeen have pitted.....

Edited by sadj

5 hours ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

You guys and  your wishful thinking make me laugh. Facebook, golf club, major shareholder crap. Who is the only significant shareholder at Hearts? Clue: she doesn’t play golf. 

5 hours ago, sadj said:

I was thinking more Aberdeen haven’t cut their cloth accordingly. They have the third biggest budget as they have left their stadium to fall apart so their stable owner can sell it to himself while they try and fund another one. Even Hibs have redone their lego set. 

If i was Aberdeen i’d be concerned about how the future finances will stack up against other teams as they fund the stadium. Its like an f1 race where everyone excepy Aberdeen have pitted.....

That’s something I have wondered about since new stadium etc was announced.  It’s hard to justify the circa £15m on the main stand at tynie in terms of return on investment however the build costs would have been virtually unable to be funded without a generous group of benefactors incl FoH. How a club like Aberdeen can fund a circa £40-50m project is beyond me even if they have significant benefactors. Even then the risk, as with Hearts, is if the benefactors leave or are ousted then there’s a debt hole that will swallow them up. High risk strategy. Fortunately for us the scale is much lower and the benefactors have already stumped up and we remain basically debt free. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Likley, the sc celebrations will not do him too well. 

Gibson_HMFC
12 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Likley, the sc celebrations will not do him too well. 

What are the chances of us beating a treble treble seeking Celtic on a big pitch?

That's the most likely outcome if we get past Caley Thistle. 

I hope we come up with some kind of masterplan and do it. If he doesn't win it this year, he never will. 

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

What are the chances of us beating a treble treble seeking Celtic on a big pitch?

That's the most likely outcome if we get past Caley Thistle. 

I hope we come up with some kind of masterplan and do it. If he doesn't win it this year, he never will. 

Be very hard to beat celtic in a final. 

We'd be the underdogs for sure. . 

All I hope is the team would go into the match with a better attitude than some  of the posters on here. 

?

Gibson_HMFC
10 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Be very hard to beat celtic in a final. 

We'd be the underdogs for sure. . 

All I hope is the team would go into the match with a better attitude than some  of the posters on here

?

I think you'll find that most of the posters on here that are moaning about the manager have a winning attitude. 

I hope the team goes out with our attitude and not yours. 

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

I think you'll find that most of the posters on here that are moaning about the manager have a winning attitude. 

I hope the team goes out with our attitude and not yours. 

????

Aye, a winning attitude is spitting the dummy out, not going to the games and cancelling FOH contributions along with wanting Hibs to beat us to prove a point. 

( all the above has been posted) 

It also involves personal digs and slagging a man who has served almost twenty years with us. 

Aye, that's a winning attitude right enough. 

When the going gets tough, give up and point the blame. 

If you don't get your way continue with the tears and snotters. 

???

Gibson_HMFC
12 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

????

Aye, a winning attitude is spitting the dummy out, not going to the games and cancelling FOH contributions along with wanting Hibs to beat us to prove a point. 

( all the above has been posted) 

It also involves personal digs and slagging a man who has served almost twenty years with us. 

Aye, that's a winning attitude right enough. 

When the going gets tough, give up and point the blame. 

If you don't get your way continue with the tears and snotters. 

???

You can't blame people for not wanting to pay to watch us anymore. 

It has been the same horrible crap every week. We all see it, We all see what's wrong, but for some reason our management keep going with what they know. 

Did you ever play football yourself? I don't mean at a professional level.. 

Anytime i played, i went out and had to win at all costs. That's my mentality. I don't see that with any of our players. 

Naismith has some of it. But there's no passion from the rest. I want to see players absolutely raging when we lose. 

I'm not even seeing it from Berra anymore. 

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

You can't blame people for not wanting to pay to watch us anymore. 

It has been the same horrible crap every week. We all see it, We all see what's wrong, but for some reason our management keep going with what they know. 

Did you ever play football yourself? I don't mean at a professional level.. 

Anytime i played, i went out and had to win at all costs. That's my mentality. I don't see that with any of our players. 

Naismith has some of it. But there's no passion from the rest. I want to see players absolutely raging when we lose. 

I'm not even seeing it from Berra anymore. 

I had the attitude of never give up. 

That was I was referring to in terms of posters giving up but saying the team had no fight. 

Irony hasn't a look in. 

You bring up a different point and fair enough, but my original point stands if you're a fan who blames the team for giving up and showing no fight and then you do the same, you're on your arse and any point you may  have is lost. ?

Gibson_HMFC
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I had the attitude of never give up. 

That was I was referring to in terms of posters giving up but saying the team had no fight. 

Irony hasn't a look in. 

You bring up a different point and fair enough, but my original point stands if you're a fan who blames the team for giving up and showing no fight and then you do the same, you're on your arse and any point you may  have is lost. ?

I will never give up on the team, but i've gave up on our management staff. 

Some of the players have as well, by the looks of it. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

I will never give up on the team, but i've gave up on our management staff. 

Some of the players have as well, by the looks of it. 

I'll let you crack on, you seem to be  in the zone. ?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Gibson_HMFC
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I'll let you crack on, you seem to be  in the zone. ?

Yeah.  You helped me see what the actual problem is. Fair play.