Jack Ross and Ian Cathro

Cambo

47 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Craig Levein could fund his pension if he wanted to get his lawyers on to folk on social media.

Not content to just criticise his performance as Hearts manager folk are descending into personal and libelous remarks.

Not just on this thread either.

People who think they can hide behind a keyboard  are cowards.

Director of company takes legal action against customers? It's happened, but in this instance; ????

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• NANOJAMBO

• Cruyff Turn

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Given their average wage is about 10k a week and they recently bought a striker for 4million I'd expect them to. They should be dominating like psg in that league and they're struggling to break into the top 2. Luton Town are above them. Jack Ross is clearly Fergie mkII tho.

Clearly you’re taking the piss with your last comment....

iwasthere1954
4 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Ian Cathro is statistically the worst manager in our history, oversaw two transfers in which we completely ripped apart a team that was sitting in second place on the back of a third place finish. If it wasn't for the games before he became manager then we would have been sitting in 9th at the end of that season with international footballers with bundesliga/ligue 1 experience etc. 

The boy set us back years and Levein had to pick up the pieces. Levein has done well to stop the rot and instill the level of professionalism that he has done, regardless I believe that he's taken us as far as he ever will now and its time for a change. But Cathro ffs? Had the authority of a mouse and I haven't even gone into his league Cup group escapades or the worst Derby performance from us in decades 

Unfortunately it was Levein's idea that Cathro was a tactical genius. It's also Leveins idea that he himself is a tactical genius.

8 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Course the players Cathro brought in were awesome

You honestly think it was Cathro that brought them all in?

8 hours ago, Cambo said:

Seeing Sunderland flying high in league one, arguably a better standard than majority of Scottish premiership and then watching a wonderful Wolves side tonight, you can't help but consider two ex Hearts employees are key to what these sides are doing. Meanwhile we are subject to one abject performance after another by crap players who appear to have no ability, little application and desire to get results for our great club. Seems to me that those making decisions at our club are out their depth and wholesale changes are needed. In short, we had talented coaches at club whose ideas obviously clashed with levein and co and look who is flourishing now. Certainly not us.

Ok...

To be honest I wish we could have someone like Sergio as manager with Cathro and Locke as coaches.

Each one bringing a vital component to the team. I think it would be the perfect mix.

been here before
7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Craig Levein could fund his pension if he wanted to get his lawyers on to folk on social media.

Not content to just criticise his performance as Hearts manager folk are descending into personal and libelous remarks.

Not just on this thread either.

People who think they can hide behind a keyboard  are cowards.

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree but the day will come when the law will catch up with the keyboard warriors.

I'm talking generally now.

No such offencr as libel in Scotland Rumpole.

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, the_jailer said:

You honestly think it was Cathro that brought them all in?

Ah, The Craig Levein is responsible for the signings argument which continues to be peddled even though EVERY manager has categorically stated THEY chose the players and Levein supported them.

It sits beside the Levein is only responsible for the poor signings argument. 

Anyone who thinks Ian Cathro will EVER be a football manager never watched us play under him or saw one of his baffling pressers. 

I know hee haw about Jack Ross other than he fell out with Levein so can't really comment.

9 hours ago, Cambo said:

And of course current signings have been of such a high standard. 

For every Naismith or Haring there's a couple of dodgy ones I'll give you that but our signing policy is hit or miss but there's no doubt it is better now than it was and the names mentioned for next season so far seem an upgrade again. Whether the current manager should be at the helm is another argument. As I've said above what Jack Ross could do here I've no idea but, even though no one wanted Cathro to succeed more than I did his teams were a feckin shambles. He might be a genius coach but never a manager.

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, Cambo said:

Seeing Sunderland flying high in league one, arguably a better standard than majority of Scottish premiership and then watching a wonderful Wolves side tonight, you can't help but consider two ex Hearts employees are key to what these sides are doing. Meanwhile we are subject to one abject performance after another by crap players who appear to have no ability, little application and desire to get results for our great club. Seems to me that those making decisions at our club are out their depth and wholesale changes are needed. In short, we had talented coaches at club whose ideas obviously clashed with levein and co and look who is flourishing now. Certainly not us.

I'd question this. A competitive league with more resources available, yes but having watched a fair bit of 'Division 3', I don't think the standard is higher. 

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

To be honest I wish we could have someone like Sergio as manager with Cathro and Locke as coaches.

Each one bringing a vital component to the team. I think it would be the perfect mix.

Exciting times, quality of football would be off the scale. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

For every Naismith or Haring there's a couple of dodgy ones I'll give you that but our signing policy is hit or miss but there's no doubt it is better now than it was and the names mentioned for next season so far seem an upgrade again. Whether the current manager should be at the helm is another argument. As I've said above what Jack Ross could do here I've no idea but, even though no one wanted Cathro to succeed more than I did his teams were a feckin shambles. He might be a genius coach but never a manager.

A couple of dodgy ones ? 

The Internet
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'd question this. A competitive league with more resources available, yes but having watched a fair bit of 'Division 3', I don't think the standard is higher. 

Obviously this doesn't mean too much nowadays but James Collins (the one that spearheaded hibs to relegation that year) is routinely the top scorer in these leagues. 

Captain America

Sunderland were pre season favourites for League one and to be 7 points behind a team recently promoted from League 2 with some of the money they have spent isn't exactly flying away.

10 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Totally disagree. 

Nothing any worse than Leveins public destruction of Vanecek, the guy he had just handed a huge contract on very good wages.

Did Vanecek not come out and say the gaffer was right to criticise? Very good wages and he turns up unfit to play. The manager being critical as he hyped himself up so much? Maybe have a look at Vanecek and criticise him as well.

Things are bad under levein but vanecek deserved to be criticised given how unprofessional he was.

been here before
5 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Did Vanecek not come out and say the gaffer was right to criticise? Very good wages and he turns up unfit to play. The manager being critical as he hyped himself up so much? Maybe have a look at Vanecek and criticise him as well.

Things are bad under levein but vanecek deserved to be criticised given how unprofessional he was.

Nothing in comparison as to how some on here hyped him based on nothing more than a few tweets and a couple of instagram pictures.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cathro wasn't a manager but he could have been an excellent coach. 

However he wasn't leaving a similar role in the English Premier was he for anything similar in Scotland. 

Jack Ross left for non football reasons allegedly. 

Don't look back in anger.

But we must move forward and it's stalling again 

13 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Cathro is obviously good coach/good analyst. Never a manager in a month of Sunday’s and it was a huge mistake to employ him as such. 

Jack Ross probably would have been Hearts manager had he not been getting happy endings from the physio. 

There are other scenarios out there as to why Jack Ross was shown the door and it wasn't the one you mention.

He refused to comply with CL's wishes regarding how to set up the under 20's was certainly one I heard.

I am not saying that your account is untrue but just pointing out what I heard.

Edited by wavydavy

Walter Bishop
2 hours ago, jambo19 said:

He deserved to criticised publicly? Seriously?

He was with us 2/3 weeks before the game, Levein had plenty of time to look at him.  

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, The Doc said:

There’s many sticks available to beat CL with.

Cathro being emptied certainly isn’t one.

Ridiculously out his depth. 

Giving him the job in the first place is one though.

Oneneilberry

Wolves (where he isn’t even manager)with a squad worth millions and Sunderland not even in the promotion places two leagues below where a club of their size should be.

16 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Ian Cathro is statistically the worst manager in our history, oversaw two transfers in which we completely ripped apart a team that was sitting in second place on the back of a third place finish. If it wasn't for the games before he became manager then we would have been sitting in 9th at the end of that season with international footballers with bundesliga/ligue 1 experience etc. 

The boy set us back years and Levein had to pick up the pieces. Levein has done well to stop the rot and instill the level of professionalism that he has done, regardless I believe that he's taken us as far as he ever will now and its time for a change. But Cathro ffs? Had the authority of a mouse and I haven't even gone into his league Cup group escapades or the worst Derby performance from us in decades 

Who recruited Cathro ? Hmm unforgivable lack of judgement and it goes on and on . 

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

There are other scenarios out there as to why Jack Ross was shown the door and it wasn't the one you mention.

He refused to comply with CL's wishes regarding how to set up the under 20's was certainly one I heard.

Those that know, know. It was a non-football decision, that’s why he was suspended/ garden leaved / asked to stay away for a period of time before it was announced. 

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Those that know, know. It was a non-football decision, that’s why he was suspended/ garden leaved / asked to stay away for a period of time before it was announced. 

Maybe that should read those that think they know, know.

Samuel Camazzola
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He had also spoken to Sevco without permission about taking on the role that Murty later moved into. 

7 hours ago, jambo19 said:

Maybe the person responsible for signing him should have gone and actually watched the guy play in a real game?s instead of using some silly points system or video clips of his best bits.

3 hours ago, Gnjambo16 said:

Who recruited Cathro ? Hmm unforgivable lack of judgement and it goes on and on . 

I don't dispute that, I dispute the notion that Cathro should have been kept on

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe that should read those that think they know, know.

Maybe. One day we will know. If you know what I mean. 

upgotheheads
8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Cathro wasn't a manager but he could have been an excellent coach. 

However he wasn't leaving a similar role in the English Premier was he for anything similar in Scotland. 

Jack Ross left for non football reasons allegedly. 

Don't look back in anger.

But we must move forward and it's stalling again 

7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

The whole Jack Ross episode was a puzzle. I'm guessing that wavydavy is on to it and that Jack Ross, like Craig Levein, is a strong character who wasn't buying in to the CL succession theory. He maybe didn't agree with how CL wanted to play the game and wasn't going to wait his turn in the management conveyor.

In 43 years of non management work I saw that kind of thing quite a lot. Sometimes it worked out for the individuals concerned and sometimes they just had too high an opinion of themselves. Time will tell.

Craig Levein, when all is said and done, has managed at a very high level, so has Ann Budge, in fact much higher. She will have her own ideas. 

16 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

The boss

On who’s advice??

Edited by Thomaso

Ross went for football reasons.Remember the football we played before he left.C L used Robbie and Cathro as his puppet.Ross stood up to him and had to go..Ross at Alloa and St Midden and taking Sunderland to Wembley has done great.Robbie last game and Cathro first game could have been stuff C L.

14 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

The whole Jack Ross episode was a puzzle. I'm guessing that wavydavy is on to it and that Jack Ross, like Craig Levein, is a strong character who wasn't buying in to the CL succession theory. He maybe didn't agree with how CL wanted to play the game and wasn't going to wait his turn in the management conveyor.

In 43 years of non management work I saw that kind of thing quite a lot. Sometimes it worked out for the individuals concerned and sometimes they just had too high an opinion of themselves. Time will tell.

Craig Levein, when all is said and done, has managed at a very high level, so has Ann Budge, in fact much higher. She will have her own ideas. 

:thumbs_up:

42 minutes ago, Jambo100 said:

Ross went for football reasons.Remember the football we played before he left.C L used Robbie and Cathro as his puppet.Ross stood up to him and had to go..Ross at Alloa and St Midden and taking Sunderland to Wembley has done great.Robbie last game and Cathro first game could have been stuff C L.

I'm missing the point here re Cathro. Cathro's football philosophy is a million miles away from Levein and I was under the impression that Cathro was given a free rein , he got the players he wanted and the club were going to embark on a brave new era.  Cathro got emptied because he wasn't up to the job , not because of any issues with CL ? No ? 

PS Levein always wanted Cathro and wanted him in sooner but IC turned it down. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

53 minutes ago, Jambo100 said:

giphy.gif

The Internet
2 hours ago, Jambo100 said:

They're playing in the efl trophy :lol:

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm missing the point here re Cathro. Cathro's football philosophy is a million miles away from Levein and I was under the impression that Cathro was given a free rein , he got the players he wanted and the club were going to embark on a brave new era.  Cathro got emptied because he wasn't up to the job , not because of any issues with CL ? No ? 

PS Levein always wanted Cathro and wanted him in sooner but IC turned it down. 

Are Cathro’s and Leveins philosophies miles apart? I’m not so sure. 

Both fanatics about possession , plenty of passing around with little penetration and a tendency to over think team selections to nullify the opposition. 

Plus, no serious DoF appoints a Head Coach who holds radically different philosophies. The whole point of the DoF is to provide continuity between successive Head Coaches and ensure the general ethos of the play is maintained. 

I do wonder what Cathro would do now if he were given a second chance. Wolves play a high-tempo game that relies of pace  and getting forward quickly and in numbers. I can only imagine he is putting the cones out, editing videos and doing some translation. 

On 16/03/2019 at 22:16, Cruyff Turn said:

Someone that did a job like this.

Allegedly.

Wow she witters some load of sheeeoite... No wonder Ross had to find a way to shut her up.

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Are Cathro’s and Leveins philosophies miles apart? I’m not so sure. 

Both fanatics about possession , plenty of passing around with little penetration and a tendency to over think team selections to nullify the opposition. 

Plus, no serious DoF appoints a Head Coach who holds radically different philosophies. The whole point of the DoF is to provide continuity between successive Head Coaches and ensure the general ethos of the play is maintained. 

I do wonder what Cathro would do now if he were given a second chance. Wolves play a high-tempo game that relies of pace  and getting forward quickly and in numbers. I can only imagine he is putting the cones out, editing videos and doing some translation. 

?:clap:

Cathro has had little to no input in whats happening at Wolves. 

He was a guy who happened to be liked by another guy who has gone on to be a fantastic head coach/manager. As a result, he has fed off that success.

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Cathro has had little to no input in whats happening at Wolves. 

He was a guy who happened to be liked by another guy who has gone on to be a fantastic head coach/manager. As a result, he has fed off that success.

You know what his specific role at Wolves is and the manager who is doing an incredible job just hired him for a laugh then? 

36 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

You know what his specific role at Wolves is and the manager who is doing an incredible job just hired him for a laugh then? 

Nuno Santo worked him previously and Cathro follows his lead, its partly why he is liked by Santo.

51 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

But you do ? 

Bazzas right boot
On 16/03/2019 at 21:38, Cambo said:

Cathro was shite, utter shite as manager. 

He could not have stayed as a coach after such a spectacular failure. 

Sunderland are a massive club compared to most in league one and were odds on to do well no matter what. 

Shite examples. 

Edit- Sunderland and are behind Luton Town where Olly Lee was one of their best players. 

Behind Luton Town. 

Ffs, this place is mental. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Inch Hearts
3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

But you do ? 

I didn’t make the claim he does **** all or claim to know what he does.  He’s not there to be a pal to his old boss though considering he was made first team coach a year after the manager got the job and had led them to the EPL. 

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Cathro was shite, utter shite as manager. 

He could not have stayed as a coach after such a spectacular failure. 

Sunderland are a massive club compared to most in league one and were odds on to do well no matter what. 

Shite examples. 

Edit- Sunderland and are behind Luton Town where Olly Lee was one of their best players. 

Behind Luton Town. 

Ffs, this place is mental. 

Im not sure what that matters in the grand scheme of things.  Our best midfielder this year wasn’t offered a new deal from an Austrian second division club playing to gates under 5k.  Jack Ross could easily come in and sign any player he wanted from us.  Even Soapy.  

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Im not sure what that matters in the grand scheme of things.  Our best midfielder this year wasn’t offered a new deal from an Austrian second division club playing to gates under 5k.  Jack Ross could easily come in and sign any player he wanted from us.  Even Soapy.  

Cool story.