Raheem Sterling

GYL

And he wonders why supporters hate him.....biggest diving cheat in football......Englands darling though so their press won't call him out....

Just now, GYL said:

And he wonders why supporters hate him.....biggest diving cheat in football......Englands darling though so their press won't call him out....

Haven't seen what he's done today but thought he'd stopped it of late. Obviously not.

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Haven't seen what he's done today but thought he'd stopped it of late. Obviously not.

Nope conned a penalty in FA Cup to make it 2-2.....

2 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

It’s not a dive

OK enlighten me then....he cheated to win his team a penalty...conned the ref, what would you call it?

Just now, GYL said:

OK enlighten me then....he cheated to win his team a penalty...conned the ref, what would you call it?

He doesn’t dive. There’s contact but not enough for a penalty.

6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

How is it a dive? Guy wins the ball but still takes him out 

Is that not a good tackle then?

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Is that not a good tackle then?

Yes it’s a good tackle, but it’s not a dive from sterling. 

On the subject of the game, nice refecerence to stevie fulton winning the scottish cup with us! Jay looks a good player,,,, oh aye levein oot, mad budge, blah blah blah.

13 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Yes it’s a good tackle, but it’s not a dive from sterling. 

Sorry it is a clear dive......John Hartson and all ITV agree .....they are bang on and VAR would have had Swansea in the semi's

Edited by GYL

Just now, GYL said:

Sorry it is a clear dive......John Hartson and all ITV agree they are bang on and VAR would have had Swansea in the semi's

John Hartson, the Swansea fan, is one of the worst pundits I have ever seen. It is never a penalty, the defender wins the ball but he also makes contact with Sterling. Not a dive. 

3 minutes ago, karipidis said:

John Hartson, the Swansea fan, is one of the worst pundits I have ever seen. It is never a penalty, the defender wins the ball but he also makes contact with Sterling. Not a dive. 

He bought the penalty= cheat..... In Scotland = 2 game ban

Remember Jamie Walker v Celtic and the Scott Brown comments....2 game ban

Edited by GYL

I thin the biggest bone of contention is why no  VAR.

Just because Swansea are a Championship club. If the fixture had been played at Manchester there would have been VAR.

Not only have they been discriminated against they have been shafted into the bargain.

fabienleclerq

Did the OP describe Sterling as a media darling? They've been giving him grief since he joined city.

The Internet

Literally no other player in the world would have got a thread over this. The hate people have for him is just weird. 

The press won't call him out :rofl:not sure what world you're living in. 

35 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Did the OP describe Sterling as a media darling? They've been giving him grief since he joined city.

English media darling.....my English media come from Sky Sports news, i don't buy newspapers....and btw the way he left Liverpool for Man City was disgusting IMO and no i'm not a pool fan, just a greedy young man looking for easy money and theirs lots of that a Man City

1 hour ago, GYL said:

I don't think that is cheating. 

3 minutes ago, GYL said:

English media darling.....my English media come from Sky Sports news, i don't buy newspapers....and btw the way he left Liverpool for Man City was disgusting IMO and no i'm not a pool fan, just a greedy young man looking for easy money and theirs lots of that a Man City

He’s the exact opposite of a media darling! Gets an incredibly hard time for the slightest of things. 

A cheat? Maybe. I’d call him a “modern day” footballer. It’s part of the game as we’re always told. If you feel contact, go down.

Managers tell their players this, as much as us fans don’t want to believe it. 

The Internet
10 minutes ago, GYL said:

How dare he move clubs for more money. No other player does this :lol:

Gets a hard time for no reason at all, soft penalty but not a dove and he left Liverpool for a pay rise and to win trophies

8 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Gets a hard time for no reason at all, soft penalty but not a dove and he left Liverpool for a pay rise and to win trophies

Plus a better team.

2 hours ago, GYL said:

You must hate Harry Kane as well then. 

SpruceBringsteen

Guardiola happy? Aye

Owner happy? Aye

Fans happy? Aye

Some donuts watching on tv happy? No

It's a tough one for Sterling to weigh up, right enough. :lol:

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

You must hate Harry Kane as well then. 

No because Harry Kane came through the youth system and stayed withe the team he supported all his life....

Raheem Sterling is a fu**in mercenary and plays for another plastic football team bankrolled by another foreign government....

a football club that would be nowhere near the level they are without the said governments money......FACT 

Matthew Le Tissier
9 hours ago, GYL said:

No because Harry Kane came through the youth system and stayed withe the team he supported all his life....

Raheem Sterling is a fu**in mercenary and plays for another plastic football team bankrolled by another foreign government....

a football club that would be nowhere near the level they are without the said governments money......FACT 

Kane grew up a Gooner

Nookie Bear
11 hours ago, GYL said:

Money...and trophies and the opportunity to work for the best coach in the world.

Were Liverpool disgusted enough not to cash the £50m cheque?

Ibrahim Tall
9 hours ago, GYL said:

This Harry Kane?

Harry-Kane-invincibles.jpg

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Money...and trophies and the opportunity to work for the best coach in the world.

Were Liverpool disgusted enough not to cash the £50m cheque?

Who was their manager when he signed? Pelligrini?

Nookie Bear
Just now, GYL said:

Who was their manager when he signed? Pelligrini?

Hmmm...good point:lol:

Still, clear even then that Man City were going to be challenging for a while yet and we’re a better bet. 

And paid ****loads more! 

3 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

This Harry Kane?

Harry-Kane-invincibles.jpg

Never knew that, did he ever play for their youth system? Also just realised that Sterling played for QPR before Liverpool....think my hatred for plastic City may be clouding my judgement.....either that or the Stella Artois lol

The Internet

Aye I'm sure there was a big thing when Liverpool signed him cos he was about 14 and they paid a fair bit of money for him. Think he's a man utd fan originally? 

16 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Aye I'm sure there was a big thing when Liverpool signed him cos he was about 14 and they paid a fair bit of money for him. Think he's a man utd fan originally? 

Think Arsenal was Sterling's team as a boy.

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, GYL said:

He does get called out in the press though, is a diver but if you play for England it’s excused by pundits especially. Do Vardy,Sturridge,,Kane, Deli Ali, Rashford, Lingaard, Smalling, etc get the same abuse for diving?

3 hours ago, Paolo said:

Sometimes it can neither be a foul or a dive. 

Exactly. The ref made a mistake and sterling didn’t cheat. 

It should have been ten
21 hours ago, GYL said:

Sorry it is a clear dive......John Hartson and all ITV agree .....they are bang on and VAR would have had Swansea in the semi's

This!

2 hours ago, Dayman said:

Exactly. The ref made a mistake and sterling didn’t cheat. 

Correct...some people on here need to take an eye test never mind trying to stir things up

maroonsgotop
7 hours ago, GYL said:

Never knew that, did he ever play for their youth system? Also just realised that Sterling played for QPR before Liverpool....think my hatred for plastic City may be clouding my judgement.....either that or the Stella Artois lol

joined Arsenal youth set up when he was 8. Was released after 12 months for "being chubby" and "not very athletic" according to Liam Brady who was in charge of the Youth set up..................... source wikipedia

maroonsgotop
9 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

joined Arsenal youth set up when he was 8. Was released after 12 months for "being chubby" and "not very athletic" according to Liam Brady who was in charge of the Youth set up..................... source wikipedia

also had a trial afterwards at Tottenham but was rejected. It was only after playing for Watford Youth against Spurs that they they decided to give him another chance. Even then he was not considered all that good and didn't stand out. He was neither big nor quick and played in midfield. However, it was noted he had a constant desire to improve different parts of his game and they stayed with him. Quite a story and hopefully inspirational to any young kid who gets rejected 

Edited by maroonsgotop