Christophe Berra

Phil Dunphy

Completely different player since injury...gone from key player to one of the standard quality of hearts scouting system eg juanma, oshaniwa, sammon etc etc

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• Bridge of Djoum

• gashauskis9

• iantjambo

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

His injury hasn’t helped him , probably been rushed back and his confidence is shot . I see him being used in the way Hughes was meant to be used next season , playing when injuries and/or suspensions hit Souttar and whoever his partner will be . 

Definetly needs a rest . 

this.

53 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I beg to differ.  Whenever we play 3 at the back, he's out wide left, which is left back position in anyone's book.

He's usually left exposed by Mulraney who never tracks back.

The left back position is usually the starting point for most of our attacks, when he hoofs it forward to no-one in particular.

THIS!

Can I just say that all the rest and fitness work in the world will not change the fact he is possibly the worst ball player we have ever had at centre half.  

Maybe someone with a better memory than me can tell me if he was better with the ball at his feet than Willie Jamieson but I seuspect not.  

Wasn’t there today but it’s been quite hard to watch him the last few weeks. He’s absolutely shite just now.

We have just extended Jambo Soldier's contract. Time to give him a wee run in the team to see what he can properly do.

Can only improve our distribution from the back as a minimum.

Arthur Morgan
3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

We have just extended Jambo Soldier's contract. Time to give him a wee run in the team to see what he can properly do.

Can only improve our distribution from the back as a minimum.

Yep, he deserves a run in the team now. 

I didnt think he was too bad today but his distribution has always been shit. The midfield should take some flack for it. Defenders job is to pass to the midfield who then drive us forward. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

I didnt think he was too bad today but his distribution has always been shit. The midfield should take some flack for it. Defenders job is to pass to the midfield who then drive us forward. 

Agree about the midfield . Never seem open to receive a pass from defence(causing Berra hoof), and then never seem to be upfield to support long ball?Distinct lack of effort to get open, most of the time.

Only time we got some passing going was in Thistle replay, but back to the old usual today. 

Berra Naismith joint player manager,they wouldn’t play much .Even  if levein was dof it would be better than the current management. 

Let’s just say what everyone else is thinking. He has been absolutely shite since coming back from injury and Levein should grow a pair and drop him. 

2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Can I just say that all the rest and fitness work in the world will not change the fact he is possibly the worst ball player we have ever had at centre half.  

You're a brave man and I admire your candour. The truth is normally unpalatable on here and a mauling would have been expected.  It just shows how bad things are at the moment when you haven't even had to add the rider "tin hat firmly on".

Jambo 4 Ever
7 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

I fear his legs have gone. I get the impression he is struggling to run at times. 

He looks like he’s got a limp too 

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

He looks like he’s got a limp too 

Correct. Even when he's walking out at the start of a match he appears to limp!!

10 hours ago, jambopilms said:

He was bullied for 80 mins by theur number 9 every time the ball was in the air in our half

18 hours ago, jambo_ said:

not only is he shite he's also our captain.... but where are is leadership skills? when does he ever rally the 'troops'? when does he encourage our young players?  

You hardly ever see him speaking to the refs and trying to lift the players when things are going badly.

He is a great defender if the ball is coming at him in the ait ans a shot blocker as he will put his body on the line.

When we play three at the back he is horrendous looks totally lost and it's a shame for him that it has come to this.

Naismith is the motivator in the team that is one of the reasons why we are so poor when he is not playing although he was not that great either after his last injury.

I think because they are both such big players for the club CL has maybe pushed them to retun too soon.

Bridge of Djoum
18 hours ago, jambo_ said:

not only is he shite he's also our captain.... but where are is leadership skills? when does he ever rally the 'troops'? when does he encourage our young players?  

''Not only is he shite''?

He's not ''shite''. He's still carrying injury and off-form.

I ****** hate this place at times.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Why is he still playing with the injury he is carrying?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Why is he still playing with the injury he is carrying?

I'm not in with the staff at the club, mate. I've no idea. Please carry on and wildly speculate if you must.  Just my opinion he doesn't look fit and strong as he did previously. 

A couple of weeks out the team to rest is needed. Our season is basically over now anyway - the semi is all that matters. 

I'd rather have a fit and on point Berra back for ICT than this half fit mess we've got just now. He's a shadow of the player that started the season and its doing the team, his fitness and confidence no good to be being played. 

Dikamona and Souttar for the next week at least. 

6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I agree but the worst post of the lot is the one comparing him to Oshaniwa and the "standard quality of Hearts scouting system".  

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, WageThief said:

I agree but the worst post of the lot is the one comparing him to Oshaniwa and the "standard quality of Hearts scouting system".  

It's people who struggle to express what they feel in full sentences so just push to the end of the spectrum in frustration.

IMO opinion, Berra being the warrior he is has asked to come back early, perhaps because Naismith, our other big influence, has also been injured. A sort of misguided loyalty. I don't think CL, with his knowledge of being an excellent CH AND with his personal injury history, has pushed Berra back in. Christophe needs a rest and perhaps another injury assessment. We have Dikamona who is an able deputy. 

Folk writing him off, saying he's ''shite'' and comments bordering on moronic are best ignored. 

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

A couple of weeks out the team to rest is needed. Our season is basically over now anyway - the semi is all that matters. 

I'd rather have a fit and on point Berra back for ICT than this half fit mess we've got just now. He's a shadow of the player that started the season and its doing the team, his fitness and confidence no good to be being played. 

Dikamona and Souttar for the next week at least. 

:thumbs_up:

Jambof3tornado
49 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm not in with the staff at the club, mate. I've no idea. Please carry on and wildly speculate if you must.  Just my opinion he doesn't look fit and strong as he did previously. 

You are the one speculating that he's carrying an injury chap.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

You are the one speculating that he's carrying an injury chap.

He's clearly limping. People who limp are generally carrying some kind of injury, chap.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

He's clearly limping. People who limp are generally carrying some kind of injury, chap.

Maybe they just fixed him wrong and he's been left with one leg shorter than the other.......chap.

Pasquale for King

Just not himself at all, was he rushed back like all the others? The January break didnt help. Still limping and not vocal at all on the pitch, something is really wrong but who knows what the problem is and how to fix it. Meanwhile he was given a new contract until 2021. 

Theme From Sparta F.C.
23 hours ago, Mundaydog said:

I still think we will be told he is has to go under the knife again and he is battling through pain to get to the end of the season. 

I think you're bang on the money there.

Has hasn't looked 100% fit since he came back from his injury. And i fear we rushed him back too soon?

We were all desperate to have him back in the team. But he looks like he's paying the price for that now....??

18 hours ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

I think you're bang on the money there.

Has hasn't looked 100% fit since he came back from his injury. And i fear we rushed him back too soon?

We were all desperate to have him back in the team. But he looks like he's paying the price for that now....??

Yup, totally agree,

I said the same after Jamie Walker came back from injury a few years ago. Berra was never the fastest pre-injury but he looks like he is running in mud now, like he can't stretch the leg out properly.

Berra’s nowhere near finished. He’s struggled a bit since coming back from injury, but that’s far from being finished.

Came back far too early can see it is affecting his game massively i know we are in a semi final and i probably look like a dour person saying this but i cant wait for this season to end hopefully we still have a few magic moments before the end of it. 

heartsfc_fan

Rushed back from injury.

Much like Naismith was.

Much like Haring was.

These guys haven't turned bad overnight.

Phil Dunphy
On 17/03/2019 at 12:14, Bridge of Djoum said:

So he’s continuing to play through an injury that is proving to be to the detriment of the team?

Dreadful form for the club captain. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So he’s continuing to play through an injury that is proving to be to the detriment of the team?

Dreadful form for the club captain. 

I agree. If he's not fit he shouldn't be playing.

He's still not ''shite'', though.

Phil Dunphy
On 17/03/2019 at 12:14, Bridge of Djoum said:

Double post. 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Rushed back from injury.

Much like Naismith was.

Much like Haring was.

These guys haven't turned bad overnight.

Spot on?

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I agree. If he's not fit he shouldn't be playing.

He's still not ''shite'', though.

He’s been ****ing dreadful recently. He should be taken out of the side for that reason alone. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

He’s been ****ing dreadful recently. He should be taken out of the side for that reason alone. 

I've said as much for a few weeks now. We have ample cover, IMO.

On 17/03/2019 at 12:29, It should have been ten said:

We’re missing Jimmy Dunne big time :(

I wonder if we’ll look into taking him on loan again if Souttar leaves in the Summer.

It should have been ten
14 minutes ago, RDSK said:

I wonder if we’ll look into taking him on loan again if Souttar leaves in the Summer.

It’s a thought. Would be delighted to see him back here.

The Treasurer

I certainly don't agree with the "he's finished" chat, far from it, but there is clearly something not right since he came back from injury.

As has been pointed out he does seem to be walking awkwardly, maybe even limping before a ball is kicked.

He's never had a serious injury in his career before, so if he's come back not 100% then it could be having an effect both physically and mentally.

Fully fit he is inspirational but just now, while it's to be admired that he wants to be out there, he's doing neither the team or himself any favours.

Folk wanting to rely on Dikamona need to wisen up, Christophe just needs a wee break I am confident he will come back strong. 

Ricardo Quaresma
On 16/03/2019 at 18:01, Clark Griswold said:

He’s been rushed back too soon after his injury, I think he needs a rest and a good preseason and he’ll be back to his normal self. Here’s hoping anyway.

This

Thread is honking though

Poison

Berra has struggled since coming back. Hopefully the International break will give him a chance to complete his recuperation, assuming our fitness department allow him some rest with possibly some light training, that is their call, we have to assume he is in good hands. If Christophe gets back to a good level of fitness and tested against top six teams it then may be a time to judge and revisit a thread that is a bit unfair at this time for a player desperate to help out. Dikamona and Shaughnessy probably could have been given more game time to ease Berra in without really weakening us.

On 16/03/2019 at 22:55, obua said:

Berra Naismith joint player manager,they wouldn’t play much .Even  if levein was dof it would be better than the current management. 

You want Naismith to play fewer games?